batto

Ukraine General

never been in Poland, Hungary and Bulgaria. So i don't know. But speaking with peoples from Spain, France and Italy (locally) i have quite opposite impresions. Guys from England don't care about politics that much (specially girls :-)

I was referring in my first post on the subject, about former USSR countries and how they see Russia.

Although from the EU countries that you mentioned.

In Spain there's mixed opinions, as there it's still recent the Civil War of the ´39; but usually those who defend Russia and like Putin act from the lack of knowledge; as they associate Putin/Russia with Communism ( I think we will agree, that Putin can be a lot of things, but not Communist ). It's more an anti-establishment point of view.

In France and Italy is a bit the same, although the Italians that I work with are a bit crazy, so it's hard to really know what they really think, but I detect in all the Italians I known a strong anti-US feeling.

What exactly you want to know about average russian Oleg?

Wrong, i watch all media, Russian media, "Kremlin" media, Ukrainian media, USA, EU media, and have an objective point of view, unlike you.

Notice I didn't call all Ukrainians nationalists.

You're right, USSR liberated the Europe from Hitler.

What Russian aggression? Wake up people, this Ukrainian troops began to bombard the city with civilians.

And the reason why people in Eastern Ukraine did not want to live in the new Ukraine written above.

Will not show, already showed in february-may. and everything is understood.

Objective point of view. Very subbjective. I laughed...And the USSR liberated Europe from Hitler, yes 100% SOLELY, sheesh what an ignorant chump. Blah.. I wont even comment rest of this gibberish...

By the way, to who am I speaking to? Yet another hired troll who registered to BIF and has nothing to do with main theme of this forum and only to be involved in delivering "objective" truths and debunking liar theories in Ukraine thread. Wonder how many multi accounts these trolls have created, because when one gets banned, a new appears, over and over. No stop to them.

First I thought this was some kind of propaganda video, but its actually quite interesting

Putin to EU president Barroso: "Kiev in two weeks"

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ukraine-crisis-if-i-want-i-will-take-kiev-two-weeks-putin-warns-eus-barroso-1463471

Fears are also growing in Kazakhstan over Moscow's rhetoric towards the country, following Putin's claim that "Kazakhs never had any statehood" and the country was simply "created".

And good reminder from Put speech to young Kremlin backers...click

Russia's partners...should understand it's best not to mess with us,

want to remind you that Russia is one of the leading nuclear powers.

You heard that Mr. Nazarbayev?

And good reminder from Put speech to young Kremlin backers...click

You heard that Mr. Nazarbayev?

What ms Nazarbayev have to do with this ??? Russian officials use word "partners" recently with smile as a joke when they referred to peoples like Cameron. But i agree it make no sense now. With 17% support among local population Cameron do not represent anyone at all :o

Putin to EU president Barroso: "Kiev in two weeks"

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ukraine-cri...arroso-1463471

Wait.. what ? Is this include 13 days coffee break ?

Edited by AKM74

What ms Nazarbayev have to do with this ??? Russian officials use word "partners" recently with smile as a joke when they referred to peoples like Cameron. But i agree it make no sense now. With 17% support among local population Cameron do not represent anyone at all :o

Nazarbayev was never treated seriously by his neighbor and statements like Kazakhs never had any statehood" and the country was simply created, show only Putlers disregard. Yeah of course Put can nuke Kiev at once but he prefers to chew the Ukrainian meat slowly and by using so called Peoples Republic as proxy to stay below threshold of more severe EU and US actions

Nazarbayev was never treated seriously by his neighbor and statements like Kazakhs never had any statehood" and the country was simply created, show only Putlers disregard. Yeah of course Put can nuke Kiev at once but he prefers to chew the Ukrainian meat slowly and by using so called Peoples Republic as proxy to stay below threshold of more severe EU and US actions

I actually watch this TV show. I did't notice this part (maybe miss it somehow because i pay much more attention to girl who sit right next to Putin). Bu if what they report is right, and they did't cut small part from whole content (like Reuters famous "translation error" trick they like so much) than i agree with you. It was not smart to say at least, specially if we consider all recent events.

Edited by AKM74

US Military conflicts:

1992 Operation Restore Hope

1993 Bosnian War

1994 Operation Uphold Democracy

1998 Kosovo War

2001 War in Afghanistan

2003 Iraq War

2011 military intervention in Libya

2014 American intervention in Iraq

Russian Military conflicts:

1992 War of Transnistria

1992 East Prigorodny Conflict

1992 Civil War in Tajikistan

1993 Georgian Civil War

1994 First Chechen War

1999 War of Dagestan

1999 Second Chechen War

2008 Russo-Georgian War

2009 North Caucasus Insurgency

2014 Ukraine War/Crimean Annexation

forgot Nagorno-karabaghbut we may say that's like Gulf War in 91, too early ;)

forgot Nagorno-karabaghbut we may say that's like Gulf War in 91, too early

Nagorno-Karabakh was fight between Muslim Azerbaijan and Christian Armenia. Neither Russia or US/NATO has anything to do with it.

http://starshinazapasa.livejournal.com/804005.html

(not sure about translation accuracy)

I think we are now seeing the beginning of Russia's most terrible war in the twentieth and twenty-first century.

Not in terms of the number of killed, but in the sense of what currently occurs with Russian society. Yet no nation during a war went so low that for the money negates the names of their fallen husbands. That for the allocation of housing the name can be removed from her husband's grave. That you can deny the father's name of common children. That can be testified so the fallen is alive. That can agree on is that their supposedly non-existent dead bodies are buried in unmarked graves in the supposedly non-existent war in supposedly non-existent country.

How can you be a "Desantnik", every day on the parade ground passing by posters proclaiming "honor, courage, heroism," and then submit to the small, mad KGB-man and his commands and die VOLUNTARILY given up your name, wiping memories of yourself from the surrounding life - I can not understand!
I think it would be the last war for Russia, and not because they do not have enough forces or the economy.

This will be the last war for Russia, because the process of disintegration of the ethnos is almost at the end. The moral degradation of the nation has taken place. And this war will be only a finishing blow.

There is no longer any nation. There is no community that could say about each of its member: "We".

This area is inhabited by separate groups and communities of aggressive, bad people, randomly connected with each other based on external relations, hating all others who do not belong to their herd - and there is no longer any nation.

Because to understand what is it "Putinism", you have to live in it.

Even our closest neighbors do not understand. Ukrainians write to me - "Russia, awake." But we do not sleep, man ...

i think instead of sanctions, maybe the west should try exploit this siberian independence movement. i think the possibility of having 2/3 of his country breaking away and become independent might cause putin to leave his neighbors alone. otherwise whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

i think instead of sanctions, maybe the west should try exploit this siberian independence movement. i think the possibility of having 2/3 of his country breaking away and become independent might cause putin to leave his neighbors alone. otherwise whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

don't you know that Putin issued new penal codex with high sentences for separatism ;) separatism is only allowed outside current borders of Russia for those who want to make Russia bigger

don't you know that Putin issued new penal codex with high sentences for separatism ;) separatism is only allowed outside current borders of Russia for those who want to make Russia bigger

than maybe those mysterious green men can suddenly appear in the region to help them out

Why would they do that? Russians have strong loyalty to their country, maybe more so than most Americans have to theirs.

From last month, you know, the only "separatism" movements Russia supports are the ones that are organized from the Kremlin.

( The Guardian ) Russia bans Siberia independence march

Russia's prosecutor general has issued warnings to 14 media outlets covering the protest under the country's extremism law, and blocked an event page for the march on Russia's most popular social network. The editor of Slon.ru, which was forced by the prosecutor general to remove an interview with Loskutov, later argued in a Facebook post that the article had not been in violation of the extremism law because it did not name a specific time or place. It also noted that the activists had not yet been given permission for the march.

Kazakhstan's President Nursultan Nazarbayev has "created a state on a territory that never had a state," Putin told a pro-Kremlin youth camp at Lake Seliger near Moscow. "Kazakhs never had any statehood, he has created it."

" One history chapter of which Kazakhs may like to remind Putin is the independent Kazakh Khanate state, which lasted from the 15th to the 19th century before it was weakened by invasions, taken over by the Russian Empire, and later became part of the Soviet Union.

"Kazakhstan has a right to withdraw from the Eurasian Economic Union," Nazarbayev told his country's Khabar television, according to remarks cited by Kazakhstan's Tengri News on Wednesday. "Kazakhstan will not be part of organizations that pose a threat to our independence."

"Our independence is our dearest treasure, which our grandfathers fought for," Nazarbayev was quoted as saying. "First of all, we will never surrender it to someone, and secondly, we will do our best to protect it."

pretty classy, I do wonder what he thinks about Tajikistan ;)

pretty classy, I do wonder what he thinks about Tajikistan ;)

Yes, indeed.. specially if 99% Tajikistan population already work (legally or not) in Russia (no relocation needed) :o

guys, is this "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory part 2 ?

http://www.itinvest.ru/assets/images/Rompuy-804.png (263 kB)

Edited by AKM74

I don't understand anything, wasn't Russia heaven on Earth, that everyone wanted to move there, unlike the decadent Europe or US that are practically third world countries... Didn't a lot of people wanted to unite to Russia and millions are thinking to immigrate there, because of the amazing riches of the country?

That's what RT has been saying for years... I don't get why even former USSR countries that were in a trading association with Russia now don't want to know anything about Russia.

I don't understand anything, wasn't Russia heaven on Earth, that everyone wanted to move there, unlike the decadent Europe or US that are practically third world countries... Didn't a lot of people wanted to unite to Russia and millions are thinking to immigrate there, because of the amazing riches of the country?

That's what RT has been saying for years... I don't get why even former USSR countries that were in a trading association with Russia now don't want to know anything about Russia.

that's because you take it to seriously :-) Relax man and stop watching RT (its the same as BBC or CNN). Take a spin in Assetto Corsa.

It's sad that such a powerful country is still unable to play an international role. I understand the need to remain moderate, but Germany isn't playing its leading role in European diplomacy.

What is the role for France? Hasn't France agreed to deliver 2 Mistral-class amphibious assault ships to the Russian Navy?

What is the role for France? Hasn't France agreed to deliver 2 Mistral-class amphibious assault ships to the Russian Navy?

Well, France is already too much involved in foreign operations, and UK and France cannot lead EU diplomacy, particularly in the East of Europe. Germany has a great influence in Eastern Europe, and as the main EU country, should lead the diplomacy here. The Mistral class ships delivery has already been discussed here, i won't go back to it.

http://www.polskieradio.pl/5/3/Artykul/1222169,Rosja-zmieni-doktryne-wojskowej-Reakcja-na-decyzje-NATO

In response to the strengthening of the eastern flank of NATO, Moscow prepares modifying its military doctrine.

- Among the main threats we consider closing in to the borders of the Russian military infrastructure of NATO countries - said the Kremlin adviser for security affairs Mikhail Popov. When this is the Russian Security Council established an interagency group, which is to prepare proposals for changes in the existing doctrine. They are to be ready by the end of this year.

- The issue of closing military infrastructure of NATO member countries to our borders, including by extending the block will continue to take a place among the most important external threats to the Russian Federation. The new document will retain the role as one of the risks a decision about the creation and development of strategic missile defense systems that undermine stability in the world - said Popov published on Tuesday in an interview with RIA-Novosti news agency.

Speaking of new threats to the Russian Federation, declared that "it becomes increasingly clear aspiration USA and NATO countries to strengthen their offensive potential through the development of a global missile defense system , the development of new means of armed struggle, including hipersonic weaponry".

Popov accused the United States and NATO countries that as for missile shield Russia was ensured that "NATO is not her enemy and will never attack it." - But is it really so? They assured us of good intentions, and actions of recent years indicate something quite the opposite - Kremlin adviser said.

Also assessed that against Russia was initiated "an unprecedented campaign of information and propaganda." In his opinion, "all the facts testify to the pursuit of the Russian government and NATO to continue the course to the tightening of relations with Russia."

So, time comes for Baltic States and Poland. Escalation progresses. I expect, non-NATO coutries near will because of that threat drift toward NATO too. Which, obviously will become for FR another proof of NATO aggressive politics threathening Russia explaining further actions of FR and so forth. One can say - again weirdos from Russia confused action with reaction, and defense with aggression but that's nothing new, although still it's weird "logic". Quite predictable in fact. I wonder, if predicted too.

New thing lately - noted, few of my friends start to ask seriously about military training possibilities and think about volunteering Polish Army. Nothing big so far, but... MSPO (International Defence Industry) exhibition is much larger, than last years. Army will have more money for shopping and seems it's quite determined to spend this money fast. Maybe even well. Number of re-trained reservists will increase each year.

"Bialystok became a front city." Podlasie businessmen are preparing for war with Russia

Businessmen from Bialystok fear that in the event of armed conflict with Russia share the fate of the city of Donetsk and Luhansk in eastern Ukraine. It was their idea to call the National Guard, they want to arm their own money.
You may find that a convoy of trucks suddenly enters our town, and on the way back export from our factory equipment and machinery. To increase the security of the city should be set up National Guard.

Guards would count five thousand people. Businessmen would arm it even in light handguns from the Radom factory. They would also want ​​self-government to join to implementation of the idea and equip guards with Stinger missiles.

It's town located not far from Kaliningrad District. This is not the only one such initiative.

Some time ago was said, so Russia by absurdal but persistent recognition of NATO as an enemy of FR gradually makes it a reality. Treat someone as an enemy, and sooner or later he will have no choice but become one. Seems, it's quite close now, although no one wants that on the West. And that will not stop just like that. Do not know if they really believe, what they're saying, or it's just another directed inwardly propaganda but anyway their official line is based on assumption, so they're reacting on NATO aggressive stance.

Edited by Rydygier

Some more things used by the russians that don't exist in Ukraine:

Bwhl45RIUAAwrhq.jpg

Bwh48DsCUAA2mt4.jpg

Well, ok, you may get the food ration in some kind of surplus store, but I doubt you can get a 2011 RPG-28 in a local hunting shop.

It may actually be a RPG-27, but those are also only used by russia.... and transnistria.

Who knows better please tell.

Edited by beastcat