batto

Ukraine General

Tanks with "For Donbass" written on them in Russia moving to Ukraine.
The second part was taken in Kamensk-Shakhtinsk near the ODA restaurant, there is also a shield saying "Rostov".

They are just taunting NATO right now, having fun about how powerless it is. Edited by beastcat

Putin's speech to russian pro-Kremlin youth. He excelled himself today.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/putin-urges-release-ukrainian-soldiers-russia-denies-invasion-article-1.1921211

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/tmt/506145.html

Russian takeover of Crimea was essential to save a largely Russian-speaking population from Ukrainian government violence.
Russia's armed forces, backed by its nuclear arsenal, were ready to meet any aggression
(Reminds of the very best lines of Kim Jong Il - "North Korea is ready"
Russian and Ukrainian peoples are practically one people
Russia's partners...should understand it's best not to mess with us
want to remind you that Russia is one of the leading nuclear powers
blaming the United States and the European Union for the "unconstitutional" removal of Kiev's former Moscow-backed president Viktor Yanukovich
those are contemporary European values, then I'm simply disappointed in the highest degree
Small villages and large cities surrounded by the Ukrainian army which is directly hitting residential areas with the aim of destroying the infrastructure... It sadly reminds me of the events of the Second World War, when German fascist... occupiers surrounded our cities

Message is clear: "Hey rotten West, shut up! Wanna get nuke-blasted fool? I'm doing my best in defeating fascism in this part of the world"

If Putin has to use the Russian Atomic bombs resource, it means that he is becoming really desperate and weak ( like Kim Jong Il ).

He is losing his head. If he keeps showing weakness he may be kicked by his own Russian "supports".

( RIA Novosti ) EU to Discuss More Russian Sanctions, Possible Weapons Embargo – Danish Foreign Minister

( RIA Novosti ) International Recognition of Crimea as Part of Russia to Be ‘Long and Tiresome’ – Putin

( BBC ) Ukraine 'slipping out of control', Germany warns

Edited by MistyRonin

Tanks with "For Donbass" written on them in Russia moving to Ukraine.

The second part was taken in Kamensk-Shakhtinsk near the ODA restaurant, there is also a shield saying "Rostov".

They are just taunting NATO right now, having fun about how powerless it is.

Here and just down the road here.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/putin-urges-release-ukrainian-soldiers-russia-denies-invasion-article-1.1921211

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/tmt/506145.html

Message is clear: "Hey rotten West, shut up! Wanna get nuke-blasted fool? I'm doing my best in defeating fascism in this part of the world"

Damn, that guy is getting really scary...... Crazy dude with big bombs....

Damn, that guy is getting really scary...... Crazy dude with big bombs....

In high probability he doesn't mean it. As the use of an A-Bomb would mean the total destruction of Russia. Everyone in the world would go against them ( from the US to China ).

Basically he is just like a kid, that when he doesn't have any better resources and feel defenseless, he tries to "scary".

That made sense in countries like North Korea.

But I can't understand this show of weakness in Russia. I mean, come on, Russia has more and better resources to solve crisis than just " we have atomic bombs, we are gonna nuke anyone who mess with us! "

they said the same about Hitler "he don't mean what he talks about" ...

Yeah Dwarden has a point,Misty you assume the guy has all his cogs in his head which imo he really doesn't.

In high probability he doesn't mean it. As the use of an A-Bomb would mean the total destruction of Russia. Everyone in the world would go against them ( from the US to China ).

Basically he is just like a kid, that when he doesn't have any better resources and feel defenseless, he tries to "scary".

That made sense in countries like North Korea.

But I can't understand this show of weakness in Russia. I mean, come on, Russia has more and better resources to solve crisis than just " we have atomic bombs, we are gonna nuke anyone who mess with us! "

Actually if he use nukes, everyone else in the world would want to stay out of it for their own sake.

they said the same about Hitler "he don't mean what he talks about" ...
Yeah Dwarden has a point,Misty you assume the guy has all his cogs in his head which imo he really doesn't.

When do Hitler used an Atomic Bomb, or the equivalent at that time, chemical weapons during WW2?

Although Putin's behavior may be similar to Hitler in the 39. The whole world geo-strategic situation is quite different.

Actually if he use nukes, everyone else in the world would want to stay out of it for their own sake.

Just the contrary, everyone will try to stop him from using another one.

_77247713_ukraine_rebel_forces_20140829_624_v6.jpg

Edited by MistyRonin

Just the contrary, everyone will try to stop him from using another one.

How to stop Russia from using nukes? They have ICBM in submarines that can reach anyone at anytime. Everyone else will keep their heads low.

How to stop Russia from using nukes? They have ICBM in submarines that can reach anyone at anytime. Everyone else will keep their heads low.

Let's imagine that Putin by any chance decides to use an Atomic Bomb, for instance in Kiev.

What would automatically happen? Russia would become the world's enemy, everyone would fear to be attacked by Russia.

That for one side would isolate Russia completely and unite all the countries against Russia, if Russian people didn't throw him from power, the world would.

Countries use Atomic bombs, as a "defense", a warranty that no one is gonna attack them.

But the use of one of them it's just a no-no situation nowadays. It would be considered the worst war crime and terrorism.

And no, for more atomic bombs that Russia may have, they can't fight against all the world at once.

But no, Putin's not crazy enough, and non of his supporters would allow that.

Edited by MistyRonin

When do Hitler used an Atomic Bomb, or the equivalent at that time, chemical weapons during WW2?

let's learn some history about terror bombing, threating nations that theirs capital cities will be razed and all monuments destroyed and citizens eliminated ...

it don't matter , the expansionism and nationalism shown these days in are no different to prior WW2

also let's ignore the fact that Russia is using the low intensity conflict to avoid the blame for undeclared war ...

it don't matter , the expansionism and nationalism shown these days in are no different to prior WW2

You forgot to quote this part:

Although Putin's behavior may be similar to Hitler in the 39. The whole world geo-strategic situation is quite different.

Russia is using the low intensity conflict because a bigger conflict would be practically suicidal.

Russia can bully little nations like Chechnya or Georgia. But wouldn't be able to start any war against a big country.

NATO are not gonna allow Russia to be the big cock. In fact neither China.

The only power Russia has against NATO is their atomic bombs, in a conventional war, NATO would wipe the Russian Army out.

And Atomic bombs are considered a NO-NO for all the countries of the world, so Russia can't use them or the world would unite against Russia.

By doing what he does and saying what he just said certainly puts Russia on the "Axis of Evil"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/03/14/poll-russia-joins-americans-axis-of-evil/

Really interesting poll. Basically Putin has managed that Russia is considered a main threat in the US as during the Cold War, also isolating it and without the capabilities of the USSR ( Russia has way less means than when the USSR times ).

Really clever man.

And the happiest of all are the Chinese, that see how Russia as a competitor to become the main superpower is left behind.

Really interesting poll. Basically Putin has managed that Russia is considered a main threat in the US as during the Cold War, also isolating it and without the capabilities of the USSR ( Russia has way less means than when the USSR times ).

Really clever man.

And the happiest of all are the Chinese, that see how Russia as a competitor to become the main superpower is left behind.

Who'll win the fight between Russia and Ukraine? Maybe China (Vice News)

You mentioned China and it reminded me that I read this earlier so I thought I would post it.

It is always to look also at the bigger picture and all the important topics.

Ukraine Crisis Escalates as Russian Forces Cross Border, NATO Moves to Expand in Region

http://www.democracynow.org/2014/8/29/ukraine_crisis_escalates_as_russian_forces

JUAN GONZÃLEZ: Jonathan Steele, what do you make of the fact that it has only been a couple of days since the Ukrainian President and Putin had a meeting that seemed to be — show promises of de-escalate in the entire crisis?

JONATHAN STEELE: I think it shows that they didn’t actually show promises of de-escalating the crisis. I presume that Putin was very disappointed with Poroshenko’s line in the private meetings and he’s decided that he has to escalate the situation. You mentioned what Obama had said about Chancellor Merkel in his speech just a few hours ago. What he didn’t mention was that Merkel has said publicly just in the last few days that there has to be a cease-fire, there has to be a political, not a military, solution and that Russia’s interest cannot be ignored. This is very sensible stuff from Chancellor Merkel. Unfortunately, has not echoed publicly at least by President Obama and other NATO leaders. So, that’s what I say is really important is to push for cease-fire, which the Russians have constantly called for, and get political negotiations which would guarantee the nonalignment in the future of Ukraine.

More good info inside.

So, that’s what I say is really important is to push for cease-fire, which the Russians have constantly called for, and get political negotiations which would guarantee the nonalignment in the future of Ukraine.

Oh yeah, I can remember how successful the previous cease-fire was. It was a great polictical solution for many Ukrainians to die for nothing, while the Russians could drive countless more tanks into the country.

beastcat it is very understandable how you feel, react and think being directly affected.

Still if you don't look at the bigger picture and the background, you miss out and there won't be any positive outcome for either side.

I don't know. The matter is quite complex. I'd say as long as NATO doesn't step in, Russian people won't support a long war against a former friendly country which would be killing too many of its sons. Ukraine is a big country, with 45 millions people, a war would be devastating for both country.

There won't be any long war between us and Ukraine. Just remember how many Ukrainian assets decided not to resist but to raise Russian flags and join Russian army. Now remains of UA forces are beaten by volunteers that have less manpower and armor/artillery in Donbass, they abandon tens of vehicles and artillery pieces. What will be when Russian army really step in? I suppose there will be the same as in Crimea. If you look at the fighting in Donbass, you'll see that UA army is good at shelling lightly armed or even unarmed separatists from long distances or shelling just at cities and villages. When it comes to serious battle with more or less equally equipped enemy - they often lose. Their morale is somewhere near the ground and often those who bravely posed with arms, shouted "Glory to Ukraine! Glory to heroes! Glory to nation! Death to enemies! Let's crush the seps! Kill'em all!" behave like little crying girl after being captured and moan that they are definitely not nazis, they were definitely forced to join military and they didn't know that they fight against the same people as themselves but not some 'Russian mercs' or 'terrorists'.

;2764739']beastcat it is very understandable how you feel' date=' react and think being directly affected.

Still if you don't look at the bigger picture and the background, you miss out and there won't be any positive outcome for either side.[/quote']

I can look at the big picture how much I want, but a cease-fire will only help the terrorists, because they don't care about the rules, whereas the army won't be able to advance or engage them until they do. We already had a long cease-fire and it did not work. Just imagine the amazing feeling seeing a separatist look at you from the distance. You can't do anything and after a while you get hit by mortars or grad rockets and you can't do anything.

Imagine someone constantly stabbing you, while everybody else says "No, you can't stab back! You have to respect his opinion!"

If the civilized world allows russia to just take half of another country it will never stop. This is exactly the problem.

You are basically giving a robber your money without calling the police or fighting back. Will it make the robber stop robbing people? No, it will show him that he can do what he wants and he will continue doing what he does.

Looking at the bigger picture, we don't have to "respect russian interests", we have to show russia that it can't do whatever it wants.

By doing what he does and saying what he just said certainly puts Russia on the "Axis of Evil"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-politics/wp/2014/03/14/poll-russia-joins-americans-axis-of-evil/

Well of course that Americans will think that Russia is the source of all evil (Which they never stopped since WW2), and Russians are going to think that USA is evil.

What's your point?