batto

Ukraine General

A "ceasefire" to allow the Russian "peacekeepers" to enter?

Probably just to gain more time. The DPR is getting fucked big time. Now that it has been cut off from Russia, the separatists are being processed into meat at a rate that could feed the entirety of Russia with Freight 200.

That sounded really morbid, I'm sorry. (Not really)

What is clear that eventually a humanitarian corridor will have to be created, as Donetsk citizens will need food, water and medicines.

I think that the Ukrainian Gov, should take the initiative and allow the Red Cross to go before Russia has an excuse to send their "peacekeepers" allowed by the pro-Russian leaders. And then you know there is gonna be an incident with the Russian "peacekeepers", probably the Ukrainian Army will "shell" them or "shoot" them, allowing the Russian Army to intervene in full strength a la Georgian.

What is clear that eventually a humanitarian corridor will have to be created, as Donetsk citizens will need food, water and medicines.

I think that the Ukrainian Gov, should take the initiative and allow the Red Cross to go before Russia has an excuse to send their "peacekeepers" allowed by the pro-Russian leaders. And then you know there is gonna be an incident with the Russian "peacekeepers", probably the Ukrainian Army will "shell" them or "shoot" them, allowing the Russian Army to intervene in full strength a la Georgian.

There are humanitarian corridors already.

Edited by surpher

There are humanitarian corridors already.

As far as I know the corridors that exist at this moment are quite limited and are closed a lot of times. I was meaning a proper one with a local cease-fire and monitored by an international organization.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

I agree, the situation remembers South Ossetia, when the Russian "peacekeepers" were shelled by "the Georgian Army" and become and invading force.

It will be really "funny" if Putin repeats the same trick to stole more land.

( ITAR-TASS ) Donbass today looks like South Ossetia in 2008, says self-proclaimed republic’s PM

The newly-appointed prime minister of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic says he sees many similarities between the current situation in Donbass and the South Ossetian crisis of six years ago.

Aleksandr Zakharchenko expressed this opinion of his in a special message to the South Ossetian people on the occasion of the 6th anniversary of Georgia’s armed aggression of August 2008 and Russia’s peace-making intervention that followed the next day.

I was meaning a proper one with a local cease-fire and monitored by an international organization.

The Ukrainian army has Donetsk encircled and is advancing on all other fronts as well. Only a complete tool would agree to a cease-fire now, humanitarian or otherwise.

Good old political drama comes back to USSR

A propaganda spectacle for russian people in Crimea, celebrated by Putin's pals from feared biker gang - The Nightwolves. Lots of overblown patriotic symbolism, evil Obama, ukrainian nazis, dancing swastikas and some patriotic songs, poured with lots of pompous sauce.

Pretty ridiculous if you ask.

The Ukrainian army has Donetsk encircled and is advancing on all other fronts as well. Only a complete tool would agree to a cease-fire now, humanitarian or otherwise.

You talk like if the only enemy was the Pro-Russians... But Russia is just waiting for an excuse to intervene.

Ukrainian Nazi's Prime Minister, Arseniy Yatsenyuk, is Jewish ...

What?

First, what have to do the religion with his role in this case?

Second, what politics has he done that resemble the NSDAP ones?

I'm guessing MissionCreep's statement was sarcasm in reply to the idea of Ukrainian Nazi's so oft bandied about by the Russians.

I'd hate to be the Ukrainian artilleryman or pilot who drops his ordnance in the wrong spot and gives the Russians the excuse they need to pour all the hate in the world on Ukraine's east.

there are rumors that Exon is... not in sanctions

So you're telling me its not an SU-24? D;

The title of video claimed "Ukrainian Su 24 Flies Low to Demolish Terrorists" which is incorrect. And how is the footage from a airshow has anything to do with this thread?

The title of video claimed "Ukrainian Su 24 Flies Low to Demolish Terrorists" which is incorrect. And how is the footage from a airshow has anything to do with this thread?

I get that, it was a joke.

Kyiv Post - Russian 'humanitarian' convoy nearly enters Ukraine

Hromadske - Two russian Mi-24 helicopters and drones have violated ukrainian airspace [Google Translate]

Edited by beastcat

You talk like if the only enemy was the Pro-Russians... But Russia is just waiting for an excuse to intervene.

How would you rather fight the Russians? With a clear front line or with two enemy strongpoints to your rear? In a military sense option A is the more preferable one.

How would you rather fight the Russians? With a clear front line or with two enemy strongpoints to your rear? In a military sense option A is the more preferable one.

I'd rather not fight them if I was Ukraine. I'd try to do everything wisely to avoid any excuse and try to look for international support to deter the imperialistic aspirations of Putin.

Meanwhile in Crimea

BurlxyqCQAESekk.jpg:large

At least the alcohol is still plenty.

On a more serious note:

While the DPR is completely surrounded and cut off from Russia, with the army pushing up to the city of Dontesk from all sides, Russia is pushing all its future freight 200 it can into Lugansk, almost completely stopping progress by the army. If things continue as they are going, fighting in Lugansk could go on for a way to long time, maybe even untill the government defaults. The exploded likelyhood of a russian invasion is also not really helping.

But the aid by the US and Canada (Canada is super awesome <3) is really great and helps keeping the guys on the ground alive, so they can return to their families.