batto

Ukraine General

^ Did anyone really expect anything different? Like in all honesty was there one person who believed Russia was gonna be of any benefit to them?

Is there any source here except the news. One things for certain and that's that you shouldn't trust news too much. If you think that only Russian media has political sugar coating you would be wrong.

Russian media doesn't have a political sugarcoating. That's what the West has.

What Russia (and Ukraine) have is sand instead of flour. The entire list of ingredients is fabricated.

Vice News reports are factually trustworthy. You should ask yourself why the reporter is showing you certain things and how he phrases and presents them, but it is literally just a film crew out looking for whatever stories they can get. Absolutely no one is whispering in Vice's ear to tow any political lines. Like most of the media, profit motive and the actual political beliefs of the staff and executives are most important. Rupert Murdoch's 5% stake in the company does not let him exercise creative control in subservience to neoconservative foreign policy.

Not saying the government is whispering in someones ear, but it usually goes like this:

News reporter says "This is as if..."

The director says yes that is a good story but it would be spicier and more profitable if you left out "as if".

And so speculation becomes truth and other networks rewrite that version of the truth and so on. And more often than not that serves a higher political purpose.

The truth is it's really hard to tell what the real truth is. The similar thing was happening in my country with the Albanian muslims and the western press coverage that served to demonise the Serbs.

What is up with everyone making these selfies? Are they really that bored that they start making random photos of themselves?

I don't know but when I was in the army, we had strictly forbidden to publically display any photo of us in uniform and obviously non displaying any militar assets or facilities.

Different armies have different regulations, for example the US Army doesn't give a toss most of the time.

(The New York Times) A Test for Ukraine in a City Retaken From Rebels

As it struggles to secure the consent, if not yet the trust, of Slovyansk’s largely ethnic Russian population, Ukraine has found that its best weapon has been provided by the rebels themselves — a legacy of violent thuggery and chaos that alienated just about everyone.

the times,great source of lies and propaganda, but the piece got a point, kiev will push all ethnic russians out off there under the fact "their all terrorists"and backed by the west they can do wat they want! why dont they show the civilian death and wounded in there?

In any case, if that is a Russian soldier, the Russian Federation has indeed low standards.

Remember that American soldier in Iraq who posted a photo with a geolocator tag, allowing Iraqi militants to shell the location and destroy several F-22 Raptors?

http://youtu.be/V8zsjkQWG0I

Oh yeah, heres something funny:

I also love how he references the human rights watch, who have accused them of heavy war crimes.

The Ukrainian army has gotten some nice new toys from russia:

Edited by beastcat

The Ukrainian army has gotten some nice new toys from russia:
like the humvee right, you will believe anything ! like the convoy, russians dont have blue and white rond markings on the doors!

like the humvee right, you will believe anything ! like the convoy, russians dont have blue and white rond markings on the doors!

Ever heard of a magic substance called paint? No?

Oh and surplus Humvees are just very cheap and superior to old UAZ cars. And no, not all of the vehicles are captured from the separatists, just the one they present. But I guess that is too simple and doesnt contain enough conspiracies for you?

See. Those are conspiracy theories. Russians did this, Russians did that, will you stop with accusing without full certainty.

See. Those are conspiracy theories. Russians did this, Russians did that, will you stop with accusing without full certainty.

What conspiracy theories? Those are trophys captured from the separatists and the army is simply presenting them! The SVDK is purely a russian made weapon and only used by russia. There is not a single SVDK used by the ukrainian army, exept for the ones they captured from the terrorists. The BTR has russian documents and is signed by russian officers (the yellow sticker). The Ural was produced in 2010 and has again russian documents and numbers. The tank is a T-64B, a modification that russia has enough of standing around. Ukraine uses T-64BM and T-64BM-2 tanks. Another captured T-64 turned out to be a T-64BV and had documents and serial numbers saying that it was issued to the the 205th infantry brigade of the russian army. We also have satellite images showing that countless tanks have been moved over the border from russia. Considering what kind of things russia has accused Ukraine of without any proof at all, I feel more than justified accusing them of supplying the separatists. This is not some random conspiracy theory, we have a lot of evidence.

Oh, turns out the satellite images russia presented were fake:

Who may have guessed?

Edited by beastcat

You obviously didn't get my point. There is no we, there is just you sitting at the computer at home. Unless you are actualy there and have examined all the vehicles papers (in which case I take back everything I said) you can't declare it the truth. And nobody's that dumb to leave all the papers in the vehicle, stamp it and then send it over the border.

Because you refuse to be moderate and carefull of what you say I am now leaving this post never to return.

You obviously didn't get my point. There is no we, there is just you sitting at the computer at home. Unless you are actualy there and have examined all the vehicles papers (in which case I take back everything I said) you can't declare it the truth. And nobody's that dumb to leave all the papers in the vehicle, stamp it and then send it over the border.

Because you refuse to be moderate and carefull of what you say I am now leaving this post never to return.

Well, have fun I guess, but this is not the first time they left documents in their tanks or with their weapons. There even was a huge exhibition in Kiev (Maybe its till there), where the army presented all the captured weapons, tanks, passports, id cards, documents and so on and everybody can see. Also, even if there are no documents with the tanks/btrs, a serial number is still present and if you try to remove it it will be very visible and obvious, so the documents make little difference. And even if they did somehow buy all their tanks, btrs, aks, buks, iglas, rpgs, explosives, russian rations and so on in local shops, how do you explain the weapons that simply didn't exist in Ukraine?

The one completely proven case of weapons transferred from Russia that I can remember, was an Igla that was captured in its box. The paperwork showed how it was check out of a military storage unit near Moscow and transported to Rostov.

It really puzzles me how anti-Kiev Russians are so quick to deny that their government is supporting the rebels with arms and supplies. I mean, that's what you WANT them to do, right? Doesn't everyone agree that the Ukrainian government is a murderous fascist junta that should be defeated by the people's uprising? Shouldn't you be proudly trumpeting the usual jingoistic bullshit about Russia getting up off her knees and not betraying her children? It is really so hard to believe that the Russian security state would be acting in accordance with the people's wishes?

It's some sort of maskirovka seeping into the national culture. Russians have distinct political values, but won't even bother to display them to the world, opting for hypocrisy and smirking lies (there are no Russian soldiers in Crimea) instead. And that's why Putin's fantasy of leading a coalition of European conservatives or an anti-Western bloc of BRICs countries is doomed to failure. Modern Russia has no ideals that can survive outside the fetid atmosphere of its own nationalistic swamp.

In that vein, have a compilation of Igor Girkin's forum posts from recent years, and see what kind of Jew-hating Stalin-loving basement troll the country is idolizing nowadays: http://potsreotizm.livejournal.com/4139635.html

Translation: http://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianConflict/comments/2cish9/a_compilation_of_strelkovs_old_20102011_forum/

Meanwhile:

( BBC ) Army 'heading for victory' - defence minister

"The separatists' territory is now two-and-a-half times smaller than it was four weeks ago," he said.

"More than 65 towns and villages have been liberated by Ukrainian forces in the Donetsk and Luhansk region. Our forces are in an offensive phase, but I want the world to know, that Russia is retaliating."

_76671157_ukraine_rebel_control_624_latest(1).gif