batto

Ukraine General

The commander of the detachment of self-defense Slavyansk Igor Strelkov in an interview to the TV channel Russia 24 informed about its readiness to release the detainees military experts of the OSCE. However, he noted that neither the Ukrainian side, neither Western structures is not yet appeared on the connection with the defense units Slavyansk, to discuss the transfer of prisoners

I don't have time to translate his interview. In few words.

"Ok. If we are terrorists. You must know, that usually people try to negotiate with terrorist, ask them what they want. But for all that days , no one from Kiev call to us by phone or wrote a message. Nothing. Of course i know about Pang Khi Mun statement. And what? I must throw that detainees beyond the border of the city? Ok. And what will be with them there? It seems they not really interested in them. I mean, i can release them and i was able to release them long time ago, now we understand who they are, but make a call to me to solve transportation question. Or i must go to Ukrainian checkpoint with them by myself? And everybody keep silence: - Kiev, Russia, West." My short translation.

I don't have time to translate his interview. In few words.

"Ok. If we are terrorists. You must know, that usually people try to negotiate with terrorist, ask them what they want.

Usually it's the opposite, you don't negotiate with terrorists.

Negotiating with them and giving them what they want can only encourage them to continue what they are doing.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

IMO there should be no negotiations with the Slaviansk terrorist, as that would encourage them to kidnap more people, like it happened in Somalia.

In fact is quite pathethic that those ethnic Russian behave like Somalian pirates.

- - -

On the other hand all the situation is making Russia weak, it's interesting that Putin's policies isolate Russia from the world and weaken it.

( BBC )IMF: Russia experiencing recession now

Antonio Spilimbergo, the IMF's mission chief in Moscow, said international sanctions were damaging the economy and threatening investment.

Russia's economy contracted in the first three months of this year.

But Mr Spilimbergo said he expected that to continue.

"If you understand by recession two quarters of negative economic growth, then Russia is experiencing recession now," he added.

The IMF cut its 2014 growth forecast for Russia to 0.2% from 1.3% and said it expects the country's economy to grow by only 1% next year.

( BBC )IMF: Russia experiencing recession now

The IMF cut its 2014 growth forecast for Russia to 0.2% from 1.3% and said it expects the country's economy to grow by only 1% next year.

They always forget to say that fo Russia it's not deadly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Russian Economic Development Ministry estimates March GDP growth at 0.9%

(ITAR-TASS) http://en.itar-tass.com/economy/729955

Russia’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth was estimated at 0.9% in March 2014, as compared to 1.3% in March 2013, the Russian Economic Development Ministry wrote in its survey made public on Tuesday.
n all, in the first three months Russia’s GDP, exclusive the seasonal factor, went down by 0.5%, as against October-December 2013. Thus, the decline in the dynamics was registered for the first time after three quarters of growth in row (from April to December 2013).

According to the Economic Development Ministry, the March economic upward dynamics was mainly caused by the continued hike in the trade (4%) and industrial production (1.4%), which was supported by the growth in the processing industry production (3.5%) and mining output (0.6%). Touching upon the economic growth failing factors of March 2014, the ministry pointed to the pre-tax dynamics due to the oil-and-gas-export slide-down and the drop in the construction industry (3.1% decline), which was, in turn, caused by the investment demand reduction (4.3% decrease).

They always forget to say that fo Russia it's not deadly.

I don't see why, it's very low in a developing economy. What's sure is that the Oligarchy won't suffer much, Putin included.

This piece of news was predictable. Russia mass media are creating a chaotic situation in Eastern Ukraine ( probably instigated by the Kremlin who owns them ) that at some point may be the perfect excuse for Putin to invade the Eastern provinces alleging protecting the civilians ( kind of what they did in Crimea, Georgia, etc. ).

Meanwhile Putin keeps Army exercises and movements at the borders, to keep most of the Ukrainian Army in defensive positions and unable to act against the insurrection. But not only that, with other exercises in other borders, forces the NATO and neutral countries to take defensive movements and occupied so they can't help Ukraine. Also having more arguments for their citizens to show that "the enemy is a the gates"; but what Putin doesn't say is that his policies are the main reason why the "Enemy" is there.

( BBC ) Kiev 'helpless' to quell parts of east

Ukraine's acting President Olexander Turchynov has admitted his forces are "helpless" to quell unrest driven by pro-Russian activists in the eastern regions of Donetsk and Luhansk.

Mr Turchynov said the goal was now to prevent the unrest spreading.

Activists have seized scores of government buildings and taken hostages including international monitors.

Mr Turchynov also said Ukraine was on "full combat alert", amid fears Russian troops could invade.

"I would like to say frankly that at the moment the security structures are unable to swiftly take the situation in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions back under control," he said during a meeting with regional governors.

- - -

Meanwhile the Latvians are studying how to counteract the new expansionist imperialist Russian strategies:

RUSSIA’S NEW GENERATION WARFARE IN UKRAINE: IMPLICATIONS FOR LATVIAN DEFENSE POLICY

I don't see why, it's very low in a developing economy.

Because you compare Russia with the countries in EU. Russia can afford to live at the expense of resources for a very long time, EU countries doesn't have such ability. Yes, it's needed to build the economy not dependent on the export of resources and we do it. I'm already tired just from this subject, too lazy to gather information again.

The Ukraine Government is in a very difficult situation here. They could go and retake the cities, but that won´t be possible without bloodshed. Fighting in densly populated areas always leads to civilian deaths. Dead Civilians on TV would weaken the international support for Ukraine and Moskau might use it as a reason to send in the Russian army. Everyone knows that the Ukrainian army can´t fight the Russian army. A war would most likely be over within a week.

I think that is why the Ukrainian military does nothing.

They will wait until the elections have passed, and then reevaluate the situation. Until then they will use the time to entrench their positions, train soldiers, maintain equipment and stockpile weapons.

Time is in their favour. Russia also can´t keep that many troops in maneuver positions for a very long time. Vehicels have to be maintained and a lot of fuel is spent. Maneuvers are a very expensive thing. Propably this means that other Russian troops won´t see much training this year.

(...)

in case of Chechenya Russia made bloodbath in similar situation, but in Ukraine it won't happen also because : is a case of corrupted state (which i wrote in my previous short post ) , such rotten to core by corruption country simply do not function because country rotten with corruption and nepothism is weak, helpless, lack of any ability "something" which is "state" only on map , but not in real, Ukraine was destroyed by Oligarchy system, it is not even matter of hesitating government, it is a case of all country structures which do not work cause all is destroyed by years of Oligarchy , corruption, nepothism,

Ukraine is no longer functioning as state, cause all structures were corrupted, because of corruption now not only citizens but also soldiers do not identify with their country, reason is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_oligarch (prescribtion what is oligarchy and how mafia get into big business and politics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainian_oligarchs

Time is in their favour.

Definitely. After all they only loosing 2-3 city's a day at most :o

Usually it's the opposite, you don't negotiate with terrorists.

no you don't. You usually supply them with AT and AA weapons... (like in Syria)

Edited by AKM74

no you don't. You usually supply them with AT and AA weapons... (like in Syria)

You mean all the weapons that Russia has supplied to the Al Assad Regime? Because Al Assad has behaved like a terrorist, even using gas and blowing up civilian neighborhoods.

Although most of the opposition in Syria are also Islamic terrorist groups. The US have send equipment and weapons to the "Syrian Free Army" to fight both ISIS ( Al Qaeda and so on ) and Al Assad. But obviously dropping weapons in a situation where you have no control is just crazy IMO.

You mean all the weapons that Russia has supplied to the Al Assad Regime? Because Al Assad has behaved like a terrorist, even using gas and blowing up civilian neighborhoods.

i can even see your smile when you type it :p

i can even see your smile when you type it :p

If you really do. You have a problem my friend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10797108/Ukraine-separatists-push-east-as-US-intercepts-Moscow-orders.html

according to US intelligence intercepted broadcasts - orders for pro-russian terrorists come directly from Moscow

According to 29 of april it was true.

According to 30 of april:

U.S. State Department

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2014/04/225362.htm#UKRAINE

QUESTION: If you could just refer to these other off-the-record comments of Mr. Kerry’s about the --

MS. PSAKI: Oh, sure.

QUESTION: -- pro-Russian forces having been recorded receiving direction from Moscow? I mean, can you tell us anything on the record? Have you confirmed this? Is this --

MS. PSAKI: Sure. Well, first, let me make clear that during the Secretary’s Ukraine speech on Thursday at the State Department, he attributed the same information to the Ukrainians. The statements are virtually identical in terms of content. He said on Thursday night, on the record, from the briefing room, “Our intelligence community tells me that Russia’s intelligence and military intelligence services and special operators are playing an active role in destabilizing eastern Ukraine with personnel, weapons, money, operational planning and coordination. The Ukrainians have intercepted and publicized command-and-control conversations from known Russian agents with their separatist clients in Ukraine.â€

So despite the breathless headline, he was referring, as he did in public comments the night before, to information the Ukrainians have gathered themselves.

QUESTION: Oh, so when he says intel has recorded, he was not talking about U.S. intel, he was talking about Ukrainian intel? Because --

QUESTION: He was referring to Ukrainian intel?

MS. PSAKI: That he referred to the night before.

QUESTION: Okay. Because the implication was that American intel was the one that recorded this conversation, and that raised the questions why this group of the Trilateral Commission is able to hear sensitive, classified information about U.S. intelligence that the American people are not entitled to.

MS. PSAKI: He was not referring to a U.S. process. He was referring to the same point he made the night before.

Go ahead.

QUESTION: So you would say that that report, then, is incorrect or it missed the point?

MS. PSAKI: It is a mischaracterization of what he was stating and didn’t include the comments he had made 12 hours before or 16 hours before.

Go ahead.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

US state Department: Kerry's didn't make a statements about the wiretapping of negotiation supporters Russia in the East of Ukraine.

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/1157471

The US state Department denies that the head of this Department John Kerry said about intercepted by U.S. intelligence negotiations from "agents of Russia" in the East of Ukraine. These alleged phrase from Kerry was published in Washington network edition "Daily Beast", according to which US Secretary of state spoke on the subject of the crisis on Ukraine and the actions of Russia on Friday in Washington closed meeting.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________

For me it's more interesting that in the morning there was some info and statements that in today night will be some special exercises in Kiev. But now i see some messages about fire fight in Kiev and seize of buildings. By some hundreds. Nice training i wanna to say. :)

Without comments:

http://112.ua/glavnye-novosti/sotni-maydana-trebuyut-otstranit-ot-obyazannostey-nachalnika-upravleniya-gosohrany-geleteya-56437.html there is video. Still try to check info about what happening.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

http://youtu.be/c7nDLItJ8Tk

Some statetments from The Security Council Of Ukraine is looking like: "It's all maded by Russia", "Russia ordered the turmoil in Kiev" etc...

Comment of the day, about streams of news and info about situation in Kiev now:

"If you believe the news from Ukraine, in the black is Putin, Putin attacked Putin and Putin beats Putin. Putin, apparently, rock the boat of Ukrainian statehood. :) Yes, this is similar to schizophrenia, but all matters not to me."

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The Pentagon announced the resignation of the head of military intelligence USA

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/1160540

The Director of the Intelligence Department of the Ministry of defence (DIA) U.S. Lieutenant General Mike Flynn and his Deputy David Shedd before the end of this year will resign. About it on Wednesday was declared by the official representative of the Pentagon rear Admiral John Kirby.
Edited by ArtTem

For me it's more interesting that in the morning there was some info and statements that in today night will be some special exercises in Kiev. But now i see some messages about fire fight in Kiev and seize of buildings. By some hundreds. Nice training i wanna to say.

That's weird, I saw that exact videos two days ago, I think it was in RT.

BTW if that was really happening tonight why there are no news about it not even in "we hate Ukraine" RT.com?

That's weird, I saw that exact videos two days ago, I think it was in RT.

BTW if that was really happening tonight why there are no news about it not even in "we hate Ukraine" RT.com?

Trying to check.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Ukrainian mass-media informed about the decision of the Korolevska withdraw his candidacy from the presidential elections.

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/1160542

The ex-Minister for social Affairs Natalia Korolevska decided to withdraw his candidacy from the elections of the President of Ukraine.
"I came to a very important decision, and on may 1, the Day of Peace and Labour, I will explain the reason for your decision!" - quoting Ukrainian mass media on Wednesday, the leader of the party "forward, Ukraine!".

P.S. At now we have 2 or 3 (?) candidates go out from presidental elections race.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Dozens of people hold picket near building of Cabinet of Ministers in Kiev

(ITAR-TASS) http://en.itar-tass.com/world/730134

Several dozen people armed with bats, metallic rods and batons gathered in front of the building of Ukraine’s Cabinet of Ministers late night Wednesday. They threw petards into the courtyard of the building where several policemen were staying. It was not exactly clear what had brought them to the governmental building but some sources said the crowd consisted of activists of the so-called Maidan self-defense who had come to support the students pressing for a meeting with the acting interim education minister Sergei Kvit. A brawl broke out between the self-defense activists and the militants making up Ukraine’s ‘national guard’.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Helicopters of the Russian air force started flights on the border with the Baltic States.

(RIA Novosti) http://ria.ru/defense_safety/20140430/1006072742.html

The pilots will have to work out the tasks of air navigation, improvement of the piloting technique, search of air and ground targets, as well as landing on unequipped grounds.
"It will be squadrons of different types of attack helicopters, Mi-28N "Night hunter" and Ka-52 "Alligator," said Kochetkov.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

State Guard, police to take part in Kiev night drill – mayor.

(RT) http://rt.com/news/155908-ukraine-drills-kiev-military/

Ukraine’s State Guard and police units are to hold a civil protection drill in Kiev on Wednesday night, the mayor of the Ukrainian capital said. The military will not be part of the exercise, he added.
“The announcement of a special tactical exercise, which was posted today – April 30 – on the official website of the Kiev city administration has nothing to do with the activities of the Defense Ministry and the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces,†a statement on the Defense Ministry’s website said.
Edited by ArtTem

Persistent, rooted mentality of "opposite camps" gradually makes itself real. In that order these things works. Useful fact for some.

Meanwhile:

Transfusion

At night, the Washington Board of Management of the International Monetary Fund approved a grant of Ukraine 17.01 billion dollars of aid. The first 3.19 billion will go to Kiev "without delay".

Lavrov: the dialogue between the authorities in Kiev and their opponents could be established under the auspices of the OSCE.

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/politika/1160657 + video of speech

"Russia believes that the dialogue between the authorities in Kiev and their opponents in other parts of the country could be established under the auspices of the OSCE. We hope that those of our Western colleagues who still have doubts on this account, withdraw their objections and will not interfere with the Ukrainians to start to negotiate," he said.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gazprom: the debt of Ukraine for Russian gas reached $3,492 billion

(RIA Novosti) http://ria.ru/economy/20140430/1006073183.html

Ukraine's debt for Russian gas, according to preliminary data, as of April 30 is 3,492 billion dollars, said the official representative of "Gazprom" Sergei Kupriyanov.
Arseniy Yatseniuk, appointed by the Verkhovna Rada as the Prime Minister of Ukraine, made on Monday a number of sharp statements about cooperation with the Russian Gazprom. According to him, Kiev, dissatisfied with the price and other terms of the contract, starts the procedure of filing with the court on Gazprom. The debt of "Naftogaz of Ukraine" for imported Russian gas, Yatsenyuk promised to repay immediately after when Gazprom will return the price of gas which operated in the first quarter of the current year, - 268 dollars per thousand cubic meters.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Greetings from the IMF: in Ukraine began mass layoffs of mobilized into the army citizens. (from their civil place of work)

(Odna Rodina) http://odnarodyna.com.ua/content/privet-ot-mvf-na-ukraine-nachalis-massovye-uvolneniya-mobilizovannyh-v-armiyu-grazhdan-video + video inside

Mobilization was a mousetrap for naive patriots. Kiev found an occasion for mass layoffs, because the reduction of social guarantees is included in the iron requirements of the IMF loan to Ukraine.

Edited by ArtTem

According to 29 of april it was true.

Some statetments from The Security Council Of Ukraine is looking like: "It's all maded by Russia", "Russia ordered the turmoil in Kiev" etc...

of course possible that shooting in Kiev during Maidan could be ordered by either Russia or some oligarchs who hated Yanuk,

in every criminal investigation when detective look for motive, he looks "who gained money, who lost money"

so lets see :

- EU - lost on selling pork , lost in economy lots of money on trade with Russia etc. especially my country lost a lot of money on agricultural trade,

- US - not gained anything,

- Ukraine as country - a loooooooooooooooot of debts, a looooooooooooot of lossses,

- Ukraine top rich guys, oligarchs - they get rid of Yanuk,

- Ukraine nazis - their leader killed by new Ukraine gov , Timoshenko party in rule again

- Russia - they get Crimea and now "separatists" want more lands to join Russia

of course it is possible that snipers on Maidan could be ordered by Putin to make mess in Ukraine and take their land,

it is as possible as that they were ordered by one of oligarchs , looking from detective point of view - we have 2 suspected entities who gained a lot on this, and rest not gained or even lost - so they are out of suspiction

if Russians were not looking from nationalistic point of view , which is now in Russia very strong and which make Russian public blind on truth (all this bullshit with Ukrainian nazis" while Russian nationalists bikers Wolf-something were acting on Crimea very hard plus Zhyrinovsky has 11% and etc. ), they should ask themself a question "who gained and who lost" , those who gained (money, territory, power, resources) - those are always suspected in any criminal case

Edited by vilas

so lets see :

- EU - lost on selling pork , lost in economy lots of money on trade with Russia etc. especially my country lost a lot of money on agricultural trade,

Please, transform that statement to human language.

Please, transform that statement to human language.

Villas, you seem to also forget that they also investigate what COULD have been gained, not just what has been gained. If Ukraine had joined the EU, then the EU gains an extra market to sell into AND access to very cheap labour, which would make the people in charge richer as they could then push wages down (the same as when Poland and other countries joined the EU, it pushed wages at the bottom end of the scale down/ caused them to be frozen).

Also, isn't the US afraid of the EU getting bigger and becoming more competition to it so scuppering the EU will be a gain for them.

Of course the Russians have helped things, but they aren't alone in the blame for the situation in the Ukraine.

in every criminal investigation when detective look for motive, he looks "who gained money, who lost money"

Russia:

-got turmoil in nearby country with long and open borders

-has to deal with mostly useless but still not pleasant sanctions and currency problems

-has to spend lots of money on rebuilding Crimean economy and social infrastructure

-has to deal with thousands of refugees from mainland Ukraine

-has problems with transition of gas through Ukraine

-has problems with Ukrainian industry that co-operates with our own

-has security problems with the threat of nuclear stations being loaded with unsuitable fuel from Westinghouse and missile technology from Yuzhmash facility (it may be sold to someone)

EU:

-has to participate in economic sanctions -> lose of money and contracts

-got turmoil in nearby country

-has security problems with the threat of nuclear stations being loaded with unsuitable fuel from Westinghouse and missile technology from Yuzhmash facility (it may be sold to someone)

-may have to get refugees from Ukraine in case of starting full-scale civil war

US:

...nothing. Exchange of goods with Russia is not so big as Russis-EU, so sanctions will not affect US companies very much.

Persistent, rooted mentality of "opposite camps" gradually makes itself real. In that order these things works. Useful fact for some.

+1. Pretty much.

... He is working for you guys. Not for us. ...