batto

Ukraine General

While Ukraine runs to EU....

David Cameron would quit as Prime Minister after general election if he could not deliver on in-out EU referendum pledge.

(THE INDEPENDENT) http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-would-quit-as-prime-minister-after-general-election-if-he-could-not-deliver-on-inout-eu-referendum-promise-9299472.html

David Cameron pledged tonight to step down as Prime Minister after next year’s general election if he could not deliver on his promise to hold a referendum on Britain’s membership of the European Union.
Last year the Prime Minister said he would wrest back powers from Brussels and put the deal he negotiates to the public in the first referendum on EU for more than 40 years.
Mr Cameron said tonight it would be “eminently achievable†to renegotiate the terms of Britain’s membership of the EU. He cited his success two years ago in pressing for a freeze in the bloc’s budget.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Each channel have such instructions. Oh my god! Sensation! I didn't see there something unusual. Sometimes i realy start to believe that our oppositionists is regular lazy people, who will be against any government, because in any mode they need to work. Moneys never start to fall from the sky. But as i monitoring them year by year, it seems they realy believe in that.

And. My remark to you. As to old and clever man. He hold in hand the program of daily TV news release. It means that program on paper is for few peoples in studio. But he is saying they send them... To whom they send them? For what reason Rus channel must resend to smdy daily instruction for news release in many copies? And what profit in resending a DAILY bloody instruction, wich contains the themes from news of that day? Where is logo? :) I can make million of the same instructions but for BBC. And print them, when twitt and say - they sending... :):):):)

That guy is not working on TV. LOL.

And here is the answer without any answer:

<a  href=871606b4acb8.png' alt='871606b4acb8.png'

He can't give any sources or scans. Cause he don't have em. He can't show to her his home printer and microsoft excell as a proof. :) LOL.

Edited by ArtTem

He can't give any sources or scans. Cause he don't have em. He can't show to her his home printer and microsoft excell as a proof. :) LOL.

As long as the journalist points out that they don't have the source in the documentary, or who was the one that gave it to him. I don't see mala praxis.

As long as the journalist points out that they don't have the source in the documentary, or who was the one that gave it to him. I don't see mala praxis.

So you really believe that people in Kremlin didn't know to whom they send such instruction. And who is responsible for safety of such instruction. And it seems you really believe that if it was real, nobody ask him? Do you realize that such things can't be a subject for jokes. He is still in his twitter, he is still posting tons of shi....t. :)

Oh, ok, ok. He have a friend on TV. And that friend is suicide guy. Ok. No problems. My eyes now open. :)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rosaviatsia has documented the failure of onboard navigation systems, GPS civil aircraft when flying over the territory of Ukraine.

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/ekonomika/1155769

The office confirmed that it had sent the airline the information about the fact of interference that discouraged-Board GPS receivers. "Rosaviatsia has informed the airlines that they need to be prepared to use other navigation AIDS in airspace of Ukraine", - said the representative of the office.
"According to received from a Russian airlines information, 24 April 2014 when flying on the route Istanbul - Moscow on aircraft Airbus A321 60 miles to the span of the Dnepropetrovsk happened the refusal of the two GPS. After the flight of the state border, in the district of Belgorod, the work of GPS recovered", - is said in the notice.
The representative of "Aeroflot" from comments have refused. A source close to the company management, acknowledged that "in recent days there have been cases disable GPS navigation over the Black sea and air space of Ukraine, which, most likely, confirms U.S. actions to block a specific zone for reception of satellite signals".

( BBC ) Pro-Russia activists seize Luhansk HQ

A large crowd of pro-Russian separatists has stormed the regional administration's headquarters in the eastern Ukrainian city of Luhansk.

A few dozen men, some reportedly armed with metal bars, smashed windows and doors to break into the building.

Activists shouting "Referendum Russia" later flew a Russian flag over it.

Earlier, Russia criticised sanctions imposed by the US and EU on individuals and companies over their alleged actions aimed at destabilising Ukraine.

Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said the US had "essentially lowered an 'Iron Curtain'" by targeting Russia's high-tech sector.

The EU, he said, had proved that it was "under Washington's thumb" by extending its own sanctions.

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:48 ----------

( RIA Novosti ) Self-Defense Forces Seize Government Building in Ukraine’s Luhansk

The lack of action of the Ukrainian army and police still amazes me. Any info about it ? Are they cautious to protect civilian lives, absolutely disorganized or reluctant to back the actual Kiev regime ?

Lavrov: Russia rejects sanctions imposed by the U.S. and the EU, contrary to common sense

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/politika/1156447

"We reject sanctions in any forms, including the sanctions that were announced the US and the EU contrary to common sense, in connection with what is happening in Ukraine, said the Russian Minister. - Attempts to blame in their own sins of someone else - the destiny of the weak politicians or politicians who understand that their geopolitical ambitions failed, and they are trying to break the evil on to someone else".

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Volkswagen binds lower sales in RF in the 1st quarter, with Ukrainian crisis.

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/ekonomika/1156384

Carmaker Volkswagen associates a drop in Russian sales of passenger cars and light commercial vehicles (LCV), including, with the introduction of utilization fee and the crisis situation around Ukraine. It is reported by the company in the financial report for the first quarter.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In Transcarpathia (west Ukraine), the political scientist declared wanted after an interview with the Russian TV

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/1154285

The Prosecutor's office of the Transcarpathian region has announced a political analyst and Ruthenian activist Peter Gecko in the search for an interview he gave on Russian television. This was reported in the press service of the Prosecutor's office of the Transcarpathian region.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Oleg Tsarev has removed his nominee from elections of President of Ukraine.

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/1156433

Member of Parliament of Ukraine Oleg Tsarev has removed the nominee from elections of the President of the country.
"I believe that in that time, as the self-proclaimed, the Central government in Kiev is working on splitting the country, the regions can make a real steps to preserve Ukraine. Communicating and negotiating with each other, bypassing the puppet government in Kiev, they reach a better understanding. But the Kyiv authorities, in violation of all democratic norms, deprived me this opportunity. Arrival to Kiev to speak to the Ukrainian audience is associated for me with risk for life and participation in the debates on the channel UT-1 through a teleconference was rejected," gave his word the press service of Tsarev.
"The elections, which take place on the background of the civil war, it is necessary to declare a boycott!", said Tsarev.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

BBC: Avakov admits that elections will be held not in all regions of Ukraine.

(UNIAN) http://www.unian.net/politics/913029-bbc-avakov-dopuskaet-chto-vyiboryi-proydut-ne-vo-vseh-regionah-ukrainyi.html

Minister of internal Affairs Arsen Avakov has not excluded the fact that not all regions of the country will be possible to organize presidential elections, scheduled for may 25.
However, he stressed that the elections of the President of Ukraine will take place in any case.
According to the Minister, Russian imperialism destabilize the situation, not allowing the Ukrainian authorities to help people in the East of the country to overcome this shock.
Edited by ArtTem

To me this quote from Lavrov is really revealing, specially with the language he uses:

"We reject sanctions in any forms, including the sanctions that were announced the US and the EU contrary to common sense, in connection with what is happening in Ukraine, said the Russian Minister. - Attempts to blame in their own sins of someone else - the destiny of the weak politicians or politicians who understand that their geopolitical ambitions failed, and they are trying to break the evil on to someone else".

To me this quote from Lavrov is really revealing, specially with the language he uses:

Indeed, he could have written it for the whole Putin's clique : "Attempts to blame in their own sins of someone else - the destiny of the weak politicians or politicians who understand that their geopolitical ambitions failed, and they are trying to break the evil on to someone else"

Edited by ProfTournesol

Indeed, he could have written it for the whole Putin's clique : "Attempts to blame in their own sins of someone else - the destiny of the weak politicians or politicians who understand that their geopolitical ambitions failed, and they are trying to break the evil on to someone else"

Yep. That kind of Kremlin speeches remember me of certain "leader". But I can't remember who was...

Meanwhile an Ukrainian freak journalist dressed himself like a Pro-Russian and armed with a toy AK47 replica tried to storm an official building, asking even directions in the street. He is finally stop by the Police, but most of people ignored him.

Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin, supervising questions of development of space science. Proposed that after strengthening sanctions against Russia, U.S. need to use the trampoline to deliver US astronauts to the ISS.

(RIA Novosti) http://ria.ru/world/20140429/1005941846.html

On Monday, the US in connection with the situation in Ukraine has extended the sanctions list, including seven Russians and 17 companies, including the state Corporation "Rostech". Sanctions imposed because of the Crimea, which the US does not recognize and Russia's position on the situation in Ukraine. Previously Rogozin promised that the U.S. sanctions against space industry will not remain unanswered.
"After analyzing the sanctions against our space industry, i offer to U.S. deliver of theirs astronauts to the ISS using the trampoline", - he wrote in his microblog on Twitter.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In Lugansk separatists stormed regional state administration, law enforcement officers went to the side of the protesters.

(UNIAN) http://www.unian.net/politics/912987-v-luganske-separatistyi-vzyali-shturmom-oga-pravoohraniteli-pereshli-na-storonu-mitinguyuschih.html#ad-image-0

In Lugansk about 3 thousand Pro-Russian-minded protesters today seized the building of the Luhansk regional state administration.
Police officers brought out of the building through the back door. Police enforcers came to the side of the protesters and put on St. George ribbons. People shut the doors of RSA from the inside, going to build barricades

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Pentagon has called Shoigu to help free inspectors OSCE in Ukraine

(RIA Novosti) http://ria.ru/world/20140429/1005855491.html

According to the Pentagon, Hagel called the situation in Ukraine dangerous. "He has asked his Russian counterpart for assistance in securing the release of seven inspectors of the OSCE, which hold in the East of Ukraine," the statement said.

German special forces had not received orders in connection with the events in Ukraine.

(RT) http://russian.rt.com/article/29884

The German government has denied appeared in media reports about the plans for the use of special units of the Bundeswehr to release four of citizens from a number of OSCE observers who are in Slavyansk, Donetsk region of Ukraine.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oooops. Something wrong. Something weird.

After few hours from release:

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6723/33018055.36/0_9da80_23a00d0f_XL.jpg (108 kB)

Edited by ArtTem

Or maybe because showing what pro russian activists are doing in eastern Ukraine doesn't enter Moscow imposed editorial line (no "oh look, Nazis at the gate" or whatever).

Instructions given to Russian journalists : https://twitter.com/barabanch/media

Far from true. Most of interview from detained journalists appear in Russian media way before they copy/pasted by west. For example (http://www.kp.ru/daily/26222/3105801/)

BTW guys, magority of the people in Russians was very busy for last 5 weeks with "voice-childs" tv-show (i can admit i'm one of them). They don't really g /sh what's was going on in Ukraine at all.

Lets do small positive break for all of us ? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1pgUlV1uTo

Oooops. Something wrong. Something weird.

After few hours from release:

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6723/33018055.36/0_9da80_23a00d0f_XL.jpg (108 kB)

What would be wrong or weird? If I was kidnapped for a few days, I'd also celebrate to be free again ( and eat and drink a lot ).

BTW guys, magority of the people in Russians was very busy for last 5 weeks with "voice-childs" tv-show (i can admit i'm one of them). They don't really g /sh what's was going on in Ukraine at all.

panem et circenses

They don't really g /sh what's was going on in Ukraine at all.

+1 Yes, i was posting that few weeks ago. Big part of Russia not interesed in that at all. :)

+1 Yes, i was posting that few weeks ago. Big part of Russia not interesed in that at all. :)

I suppose that's true for most of other countries too.

I'm afraid you are right, which is really sad.

Although I can understand that there's a lot of people that have so much problems with their own lives that can have the luxury of worrying about others.

Absolutely...

Putin: there is no Russian instructors, no divisions, no troops in Ukraine.

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/politika/1157275

Russian President Vladimir Putin stated that in Ukraine there is no Russian instructors or special forces or troops. According to the President, he called on Kiev to establish a dialogue inside the country, not to point fingers at other countries.
Putin hopes that the conflict with the detainees in the Ukrainian city of Slavyansk OSCE observers will be solved, but all parties should make conclusions. "I hope that this conflict will be resolved. They (the observers) will be able to freely leave the territory where they are today. But all the participants of this process must draw conclusions from this, from this situation. And avoid any repeats of such errors," he said to journalists.
The President stressed that in whole, situation is bad: " bad that they was sent there in such mode (military observers part of the OSCE mission) and bad that they was detained". Putin believes that those who call themselves Ukrainian authorities should arrange a visit of military observers with those who controls the situation in the Eastern Ukraine. "They didn't do it, so they get into this situation," stated Putin.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Putin commented on the detention of OSCE observers in Ukraine

(RIA Novosti) http://ria.ru/world/20140429/1005973932.html

"I hope that this conflict will be resolved and that they can freely leave the territory on which there are, but all participants of this process should draw conclusions from this situation, to think well about it," Putin said.
He said that yesterday was talking about this with former German Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder. "He also expressed concern, bearing in mind that in the group of detainees is the citizen of Germany," said the Russian President.
"If the government or those who now calls himself - the government, invited any observers, especially the military, that people are experienced and they understand that they going to the conflict zone in a region of the country which does not recognize the legitimacy of the state. It would be necessary to agree with the people who controls that territory at first," said Putin.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Little bit OT.

The Afghan government took the decision to close six illegal NATO prisons.

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/mezhdunarodnaya-panorama/1157370

The Afghan government took the decision to close six illegal NATO prisons in Helmand and Kandahar in the South. From Tuesday statement of administration of the President of the Islamic Republic.
A government Commission has presented to the head of state Hamid Karzai results of an investigation conducted in the southern regions. Senior officials of the interior Ministry, defense Ministry and the presidential administration managed to establish that the armed forces of the US and UK organized there six illegal prisons. They were on the territory of the international airport in Kandahar and the NATO military base in Helmand.
"According to the bilateral arrangements, NATO forces have no right to organize illegal prison in the Afghan territory, " says the statement of the President's administration. In this regard, the government of Afghanistan ordered the interior Ministry, the defence Ministry and the National Directorate of security to take urgent measures for the closure of such institutions".
Edited by ArtTem

Can't indentify. Whats that?

Thats German TV. They are basically investigating if their coverage of the Crimea crisis was too one sided. They ask the viewer to listen to both sides arguments instead of simply branding everything Russian as propaganda. The show was aired at a time when the German authorities didn´t want to impose any economical sanctions against Russia and had to sell that to the public and so TV was suddenly full of "Putin isn´t totally evil messages". The state owned stations changed their general tone in a matter of days. State TV is everywhere the same :D

Thats German TV. They are basically investigating if their coverage of the Crimea crisis was too one sided. They ask the viewer to listen to both sides arguments instead of simply branding everything Russian as propaganda. The show was aired at a time when the German authorities didn´t want to impose any economical sanctions against Russia and had to sell that to the public and so TV was suddenly full of "Putin isn´t totally evil messages". The state owned stations changed their general tone in a matter of days. State TV is everywhere the same :D

Thank you. Understood.

( Reuters ) German government distances itself from Schroeder after his Putin meeting

Sometimes criticized as Putin's apologist, Schroeder, a Social Democrat whose party is now in coalition with Merkel's conservatives, has been the Russian leader's best friend in the West since both were ostracized by U.S. President George W. Bush for opposing the 2003 Iraq invasion.

Gerda Hasselfeldt, parliamentary leader of the Bavarian Christian Social Union (CSU) which is aligned with Merkel's party, said: "I found the pictures alienating. I hope he used the opportunity to talk to (Putin) about the problems."

Andreas Schockenhoff, deputy parliamentary floor leader for Merkel's party, said Schroeder risked undermining the German government as well as his own protege, Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier.

"The chancellor and foreign minister have tried to help stabilize Ukraine for weeks and keep the EU together while Putin is trying to destabilize Ukraine and divide the EU," he said. "Pictures like this play into the hands of Putin's propaganda."

But Steinmeier, a fellow Social Democrat who served as Schroeder's chief of staff, said in Copenhagen that his former boss "has no government responsibilities and is therefore free to decide when and where he celebrates his birthday".

Schroeder, chancellor from 1998-2005, has come under fire before for his close relations with Putin. Schroeder became the board chairman of a German-Russian pipeline joint venture with gas monopoly Gazprom Nord Stream after leaving office.

Edited by MistyRonin

( Vice News ) Russia Is Weaponizing Jedi Mind Tricks

Q: What do the following events in these former Soviet republics have in common?

Uzbekistan requiring all television and radio transmitters to be equipped with "self-destructing devices." Tajikistan mandating that old car tires be disposed of not in the capital city, but in a dump 25 miles away, lest they be used by protesters in flammable barricades. Latvia joining Lithuania and Estonia in banning Russian state TV broadcasts. Kazakhstan passing a law permitting censorship and limiting protests during states of emergency.

A: They're all meant to prevent Russia from doing to those countries what it's done to Ukraine.

If it isn’t immediately clear how those arguably wacky measures are supposed to help guard against… whatever it is that Russia is doing, that’s because events in Ukraine have ushered in some pretty dramatic changes to what constitutes an invasion and/or a war. And so the leaders of the former Soviet republics are reacting unevenly and abruptly to a new and unprecedented threat for which they're totally unprepared.

Russian thinkers have long observed that the West generally underestimates the importance of political and psychological factors in war. Maybe they're right; experience with counterinsurgencies and other flavors of low-intensity warfare, particularly since 9/11, has demonstrated that the socio-political elements of fighting are a challenge for the West in general, and for the US in particular.

Soviet doctrine stated that war involves two key aspects of warfare that work in tandem: the socio-political and the military-technical. Soviet planners expected to spend most of their time preparing an environment in advance of any actual fighting by depleting the enemy's political will to oppose the Soviets. They did this via “active measures — for instance, propaganda campaigns, disinformation, and the sponsoring of Western peace movements.†Then, if those approaches proved unsuccessful in achieving the desired outcome, the measures would become increasingly active, and Special Forces units would infiltrate to start eroding political and military command and control structures. Only then would the rest of the army move in and complete the takeover.

Sounds like what happened in Crimea and what's happening in Eastern Ukraine, right? Well, Dr. Stephen Blank, an expert on the Russian military at the US Army War College’s Strategic Studies Institute, told VICE News otherwise. Softening up the enemy with intelligence units before an active involvement of Special Forces had been "a part of Soviet doctrine, but this form of warfare is entirely new and not well understood.â€

Edited by MistyRonin

Far-right rally turns into massive fight on Kiev’s Maidan, shots heard

Hundreds took part in a march to mark the anniversary of the formation of the Ukrainian SS division, which fought for the Nazi’s against the Soviet Union during World War II, in the city of Lvov in the western Ukraine. Around five hundred neo-Nazi supporters took to the streets in the center of the city on Sunday to celebrate the creation of the 14th SS-Volunteer Division ‘Galician’ on April 28, 1943.

Many of the participants wore embroidered national Ukrainian shirts and held SS Galician divisional insignias (a yellow lion and three crowns on a blue background) in their hands.

The demonstrators made their way from the monument to the Ukrainian nationalist icon of Stepan Bandera, and to the local cemetery where a memorial to the Galician soldiers is erected.

Edited by AKM74

Since the beginning of 2014, the Federal Migration Service received from citizens of Ukraine 2266 applications for asylum.

(ITAR-TASS) http://itar-tass.com/obschestvo/1158088

"For the whole 2013 year the FMS has received only 5 such applications", - noted the press service.
In addition, according to the FMS in Crimea already issued 375 thousand passports. 443 thousand new applications about obtaining a Russian passport adopted by local organisations of the FMS.

Remark. My surf in the blogs and posts of locals, tells me that people frustrated by the slow work of departments of the FMS, unhappy that for this case, the personnel of the departments was not increased. As a result, huge queues, lists of persons for 2 days forward to get a Rus passport.

Simferopol, Boulevard Franko 44, near the building of the city Council. Evening. The FMS institution is already closed. People on the porch is writing a queue for the next day.

<a  href=d9b894926482.jpg' alt='d9b894926482.jpg'

Edited by ArtTem

Hmm. Now Ukraine reminds me an emaciated patient long time suffering from a cancer (of corruption etc) threated too late with shock dose of "internal chemotherapy" (Maidan), that perhaps even removed main part of the cancer for now, but, as it happens after such treatment, organism is now too exhausted, with very weakened immune system (Ukrainian army/ability of control) to deal with secondary infections (Crimea annexation first, separatists' rebellion taking that opportunity starting from the weakest parts of the body). And cancer is ready to return any time. If left on its own, like probably will be until too late, Ukraine, in such unhealthy environment (Russia) probably would collapse into another region of chaos and instability, torn apart, bleeding all the time and will remain in such state through at least few generations, as rotting corpse, infecting and destabilizing all neighborhood. Something like another Syria. When I'm thinking about people living there... terrible.