batto

Ukraine General

Lets look closer.

Mitsubishi.

http://s020.radikal.ru/i719/1404/84/06e162e4eb34.png (2403 kB)

LandRover

http://i058.radikal.ru/1404/fa/508601005922.png (1756 kB)

So. I still don't understand what are you talking about. What dudes you mean? What practise? Practise to shoot in corner of the van? Why LandRover is clear?

I see that somebody was hiding from the right side of Mitsubishi. And somebody was flank from the left to take that guy or guys. And thats all.

Exactly, not something you would expect from such a firefight (Also that guy didn´t find all holes, there are quite a few unmarked on those pictures).

If they had a firefight with the barricade in front of them, how come that the front of the cars is without any bulletholes? Some things just don´t make sense in this story.

So the checklist for attacking checkpoints according to Svoboda is apparently:

1, US dollars, for the checkpoint gift shop

2, Party business card, in case the survivors are interested in voting for them

3, Guns (optional)

Why do I have a hard time believing the Russian account of what occurred? :rolleyes:

So the checklist for attacking checkpoints according to Svoboda is apparently:

1, US dollars, for the checkpoint gift shop

2, Party business card, in case the survivors are interested in voting for them

3, Guns (optional)

Why do I have a hard time believing the Russian account of what occurred? :rolleyes:

I don´t think the Russian state had any part in this. If this was staged (wich it appears to be) then it was done by amateurs. If Russian special forces were involved in this then they would have simply killed everybody at the checkpoint, and maybe on a few other checkpoints as well. That would have delivered the same message without this amateurish nonsense we see here. If this was staged, then by Separatists who seek to get arguments for a Russian Peacekeeping Operation.

I don´t think the Russian state had any part in this. If this was staged (wich it appears to be) then it was done by amateurs. If Russian special forces were involved in this then they would have simply killed everybody at the checkpoint, and maybe on a few other checkpoints as well. That would have delivered the same message without this amateurish nonsense we see here. If this was staged, then by Separatists who seek to get arguments for a Russian Peacekeeping Operation.

That's what i was thinking from the beginning. I was even ready to accept "official" Kiev has nothing to do with this. They not even aware whats happen because they have no control over right/left/up/down or whatever sector guys. But there is the something i don't understand.

There is a "official" SBU (Ukrainian secret service) and police check/search point on exactly same road 2 km ahead. 4 jeeps (at night) full of mans and weapons somehow manage to pass it without any problem at all... Strange. Then they simply drive back (2 remaining jeeps) and did't get stop ether...

This rise a question. Are they did't it on their own or just been used as "cannon fodder" by someone in Kiev.

Edited by AKM74

There is a "official" SBU (Ukrainian secret service) and police check/search point on exactly same road 2 km ahead.

And you know that because? Or from where?

BTW IF it was staged, they would just took some corpses of guys that had been killed in a firefight or were troublemakers that the 'self-defense' ( aka violent armed pro-Russians ) decided to 'neutralize'.

Then just took 2 jeeps, shoot them a bit, set the corpses, put some extras ( Right Sector card, etc. ), and call RIA Novosti, or Rossiya 1 and tell them whatever you find more fancy.

That way no SBU officer can see a shit, as they were imaginary jeeps.

they would just took some corpses of guys that had been killed in a firefight or were troublemakers that the 'self-defense'

And second dead guy from Kiev (they show his driver license) was wandering around this road block (640 km from home) because ?

And you know that because? Or from where?

Because i time to time watch TV ???

Edited by AKM74

And second dead guy from Kiev (they show his driver license) was wandering around this block post (640 km from home) because ?

Do you understand the word troublemaker, right?

Because i time to time watch TV ???

Which TV channel and what program? Without the sources, it's as valid as any occurence.

Do you understand the word troublemaker, right?

so there is 2 of them now ?

Which TV channel and what program? Without the sources, it's as valid as any occurence.

Try "24 TV" for start (its in Ukraine).

so there is 2 of them now ?

Don't understand.

Try "24 TV" for start (its in Ukraine).

Would you mind being specific, the point of this thread is to link news about the situation in Ukraine, so we can all check them and later comment. For instance Artem has been linking videos, I linked the news from the newspaper, etc.

That way everyone can judge how they can trust the media in question, and have some data to refer.

If not is as valid as if I say that in that checkpoint there were 50 Russian tanks and Putin's wife.

After that, everyone can make their best theories and share them.

From Maionaze, a forum moderator:

Please stick to posting news, interesting videos/pictures and news related comments :)

---------- Post added at 03:52 ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 ----------

Summary:

The Ukrainian soldiers involved in the 'antiterrorist operation', thought that were going to the border in some kind of exercise. ( Outstanding Officers :rolleyes: )

The little green man, the best equipped and trained, and dress in SURPAT insurgents seem to come from Crimea uprising. Seem to be the ones that lead everything.

The mass of unarmed protestors are locals, that don't want any war nor fight.

Edited by MistyRonin

If not is as valid as if I say that in that checkpoint there were 50 Russian tanks and Putin's wife.

Is that all you can ? Really ?

Do you actually watch any video posted in this threat ? Or just yours ? Watch this for example (right from the beginning):

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/17/pkg-black-ukraine-pro-russians-in-control.cnn.html

Why is much easier for you to come-up with "over complicated conspiracy theories" in order to avoid accepting truth at all cost ? Is this personal ? What is your problem man ?

Edited by AKM74

Is that all you can ? Really ?

Do you actually watch any video posted in this threat ? Or just yours ? Watch this for example (right from the beginning):

I only asked you to give us the source of your information, so we can all check it and see how reliable is for us ( in fact, as I also said, and even quoted a moderator this thread is about posting news and then commenting them ). Information without a source is the same as a gossip / occurrence.

I do watch practically all the videos posted in this thread, and also read all the news / blogs people link ( using Google translator if I don't understand them ).

Why is much easier for you to come-up with "over complicated conspiracy theories" in order to avoid accepting true at all cost ? Is this personal ? What is your problem man ?

So according to you the truth is what you say? Or who says? RIA Novosti, FOX?

I rather check the information from the source and then based in my experience and knowledge make the possible theories about what happened ( the scientific method ). And the "over complicated conspiracy theories" are based in events that happened in other situations ( I even posted the links to that ones ). I tend to check a lot of different sources and medias from different countries to make my own idea/conclusion, if you rather believe what you are served it's your own business.

As I told you before I have worked as a press photographer, and being on the ground shows you that the concept "truth" is really relative, everyone has its one truth. I know how medias work, editorial line, etc. How 100.000 people become 1.000 using certain camera tricks, etc.

Anyway all of this is Off-topic, if you have any personal questions just use the PM.

Edited by MistyRonin

....Outstanding Officers....

Soldiers - Outstanding officers in field - Outstanding command officers - Outstanding Kiev. That will be the right line. Any officer have a chief above him.

Soldiers - Outstanding officers in field - Outstanding command officers - Outstanding Kiev. That will be the right line. Any officer have a chief above him.

Indeed. Something is terribly wrong in their chain of command. No wonder why the performance of their army has been so bad.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

( BBC ) Russia says Kiev 'breaking Geneva accord' on Ukraine

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has accused the Kiev authorities of breaking last week's Geneva accord on resolving the Ukraine crisis.

He said the Kiev government - not recognised by Moscow - had not moved to disarm illegal groups, especially the ultra-nationalist Right Sector.

"Extremists are calling the tune," he alleged, condemning a fatal shooting near Sloviansk, in eastern Ukraine.

He also condemned the continuing Maidan street protests in Kiev.

He said it was "absolutely unacceptable" that the Ukrainian authorities had failed to end what he called the illegal protests in the capital.

So we're right back to Cold War rethorics, where essentially anything coming from the East is completely detached from reality.

Also, did Putin mention when the Chechnyans would get to vote in a referendum about becoming an independent state and joining Saudi Arabia, because that's totally how laws and the world works according to Putin?

So we're right back to Cold War rethorics, where essentially anything coming from the East is completely detached from reality.

I wouldn't go that far yet, but I can see a change of how medias work, they are more influenced by politics than usually.

On the other hand:

( The Moscow Times ) Abductions, Accusations Threaten Ukraine Agreement

The Slovyansk separatists released about a dozen Ukrainian soldiers in blue uniforms Monday, without making clear the circumstances under which they had been held. Gordik said armored vehicles that were surrendered by a column of Ukrainian paratroops last week would stay in the town.

A Ukrainian journalist captured by the separatists overnight was led out by her captors and permitted to speak to reporters. Imra Krat, 29, said she was being questioned but not mistreated. She was then blindfolded and led back inside. Ukrainian journalists say another reporter, freelancer Serhiy Lefter, 22, has been missing in Slovyansk since last week.

Putin overturned decades of post-Cold War diplomacy by announcing last month that Russia has the right to intervene on the territory of its neighbors to protect Russian speakers. He then seized and annexed Ukraine's Crimea peninsula. Moscow has since massed tens of thousands of troops on the Ukrainian border, and Kiev and its Western allies say Russian agents are directing the uprising in the east, including the "green men" — heavily armed, masked gunmen in unmarked uniforms.

- - - - - - - - - - -

( RIA Novosti ) Russia, Belarus to Conduct Joint Aircraft and Air Defense Exercises

( RIA Novosti ) Confronting Both Russia and China 'Strategic Mistake' for US – Russian Lawmaker

( RT ) Lavrov: US should face responsibility for powers it installed in Kiev

---------- Post added at 22:43 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

( The New York Times ) Photos Link Masked Men in East Ukraine to Russia

For two weeks, the mysteriously well-armed, professional gunmen known as “green men†have seized Ukrainian government sites in town after town, igniting a brush fire of separatist unrest across eastern Ukraine. Strenuous denials from the Kremlin have closely followed each accusation by Ukrainian officials that the world was witnessing a stealthy invasion by Russian forces.

Now, photographs and descriptions from eastern Ukraine endorsed by the Obama administration on Sunday suggest that many of the green men are indeed Russian military and intelligence forces — equipped in the same fashion as Russian special operations troops involved in annexing the Crimea region in February. Some of the men photographed in Ukraine have been identified in other photos clearly taken among Russian troops in other settings.

( CNN ) Photos show undercover Russian troops

Edited by MistyRonin

The Slovyansk separatists released about a dozen Ukrainian soldiers in blue uniforms Monday, without making clear the circumstances under which they had been held. Gordik said armored vehicles that were surrendered by a column of Ukrainian paratroops last week would stay in the town.

Well that might be the crews of the captured BMDs... (But blue Uniform sounds more like navy?)

At those Photos: What? Now every dude with a beard is suddenly a Russian SF Soldier? Those pictures are bad, clearly have been edited and the people don´t even look alike...

Edited by Tonci87

It's a joke? They are kidding? :)

I can understand them. They think that Russian GRU work in fields dressed in uniforms with all their insignas. :) And it's already bothers, i'm speaking about that sniper from Crimea with Ukrainian clone of the HK (http://7-62.com.ua/goods/vendor/83). :) It was funny first time, it was funny next time. But now it really tires me. :)

10267768_1399919506952093_3550152561090951099_n.jpg~original

If you look at his special tactical beard, it can be concluded that the operation was prepared 2 years ago. :)

I never thought that commercial and free for sale tactical helmet Pro-Tec BRAVO Half Shell is from Russian special froces. But ok. Nice helmet.

http://videocdn.itar-tass.com/tass/m2/uploads/i/20140415/3516403.jpg (113 kB)

Edited by ArtTem

Well that might be the crews of the captured BMDs... (But blue Uniform sounds more like navy?)

At those Photos: What? Now every dude with a beard is suddenly a Russian SF Soldier? Those pictures are bad, clearly have been edited and the people don´t even look alike...

No idea, hahaha BTW the quote is from The Moscow Times article, not from me :)

It's a joke? They are kidding? :)

To me are funny that kind of news. They make me my day :yay:

Edited by MistyRonin

One note. Eeeeem. Mmmmm.

Here is the real GRU patch.

PR20120119180952.JPG

56039535.jpg

The blue patch with the bat on it, is usually using by SF units from VDV (airborne). It's little bit unofficial. (because SF units from VDV is not GRU, they just work with that system) And you can buy that patch in any shop in any Russian city. But real GRU patch is not for sale.

And i think it's very silly, ofcourse if you are from GRU, to attach your documents to the front side of the vest.

http://dbelyaev.ru/uploads//2014/04/0_9d48b_2a83690f_XL.jpg (170 kB)

Edited by ArtTem

Solders from nearest airbase and was captured days ago (was 11 of them as i understand from this link). Here is a very interesting interview (Russian reporter with one of the SBU officer from that base) Text in Russian, just use google translate. Its from Gazeta.ru (no brainwashingl) they are on the middle.

http://www.gazeta.ru/politics/2014/04/21_a_6000909.shtml

Edited by AKM74

Now I know that Department of Navy is great charity organization:)

Seems that rumors about plans to place US Navy base instead of Russian one with the help of junta are not so silly.

P.S. I've looked at camo that is used by self-defence forces in Donbass - it's not SURPAT but commercial Spectre-SKVO. Already tested by Ukrainian airsoft players in 2011. Here it is shown together with SURPAT and at Japan airsoft players.

Photos of apparently knocked out Ukrainian BMD, Sergievka, Donbass

Note third photo - seems this vehicle was knocked out by RPG shot that hit it in middle wheel.

Edited by Spooky Lynx

Now I know that Department of Navy is great charity organization:)

Seems that rumors about plans to place US Navy base instead of Russian one with the help of junta are not so silly.

Hmmm. What's wrong? It's a very old and good tradition, US Navy always reconstruct schools in other countries. All commanders from US Navy can't sleep peacefully if they know, that in some country far far away some schools is not reconstructed yet.

And that school need help first of all, it's in very bad condition. Please don't keep in mind that it was rebuilded in 2007. US Navy knows better what schools need to be reconstructed.

http://photos.wikimapia.org/p/00/02/90/95/96_full.jpg (4953 kB)

(photo from 2013)

God save the US Navy.

(CNN interview)

Nuland believes that the protesters who seized the buildings in Kiev, have the necessary licenses. The license for the capture of buildings? Realy?!?!?

(from 5:15)

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/04/21/intv-amanpour-ukraine-russia-victoria-nuland-air.cnn.html

-DRzLTIPuLg.jpg

P.S. (seriously) NAVFAC - Naval Facilities Engineering Command. They are very far from any schools. :)

Edited by ArtTem

BTW in the video you linked they show better images of the bearded Russian spetsnaz, where you can see that the nose is different ( so unless he has undergone surgery :rolleyes: ).

Although I agree, as I said in previous posts that the guys in the SURPAT ( or its commercial replica Spectre-SKVO ) know how to handle weapons and mean business, while most of the others in random camo know as much as a farmer.

BTW: ArtTem if you wanna watch CNN, at least watch Erin Burnett shows, google her and you will understand why.

BTW: ArtTem if you wanna watch CNN....

What you mean? I was posting 2 weeks ago here that we have all channels. And i'm looking all medias on TV when i have a time for that. :) Nobody closing them from us.

Yes i know about Erin Burnett shows. :)

What i see from my TV:

http://s006.radikal.ru/i213/1404/c4/f4216a0bdd2f.png (4240 kB)

What you mean? I was posting 2 weeks ago here that we have all channels. And i'm looking all medias on TV when i have a time for that. :) Nobody closing them from us.

Yes i know about Erin Burnett shows. :)

My point ( maybe not perfectly expressed ) was that if you want to watch that particular channel because you fancy it. I know you can watch it! :)

In fact, I had today one of my Russian friends from Saint Petersbourg in my motorcycle today ( I see her every day, I also see often my other Russian friends ).