batto

Ukraine General

... and other nice example of those who now in Kyiv.

Stop portraying it one sided because it's desinformation. Meanwhile there are demands from mostly by ethnicaly Russian dominated regions in Ukraine to seperate themselves from the rest of the country. Communist party calls for arming the population, every Afghanistan veterans and demand that the Russian goverment send tanks and armored vehicles to support their own cause. So please .... Ukrainians have also suffered under Russian rule. Remember the 20s-30s ? you blackmail the entire opposition by saying they are all bandaras. Now I can also say all the Russians living there are communist radicals .... makes sense ? is it right ? No.

Edited by Comm_Yuri

Sources say that militants from extreme right opposition party - Right Sector (red-blacks) have seized a weapon armory in Kiev belonging to Internal Troops. They are the most armed group and they are not willing to respect negotiations.

@Vilas, regarding the flag

Banderowcy :/

Where is desinformation? Yarosh is not damn nazi? Or what? South-East wants to be separated after banderasts started to fight with authorities. Communist party calls for arming (and not only it) after some arms depots were seized by Pravy sektor. It's not surprise that all people that do not support nazis do not want to be murdered or tortured by them. Banderasts have long and well documented list of reasons of all Russians and moderate Ukrainians (and Poles, Jews etc.) to fear for their lives. And yes, I remember the history of 20-30's in my country and 'Starving Povolzhye', my own region. During that hard time thousands died from hunger, but not only in Ukraine - also in Povolzhye, Kazakhstan and other regions. Ukraine was not the most starving, so all that Holodomor BS is Orange guys invention for the excuse of their nazi policy. And I see that other parts of the opposition (Yatsenyuk, Klichko, Yulya etc) now are just talking heads with almost no influence at those raguli. You see, Yulia's speech was triple times interrupted - real guys who rule the protesters do not want her to become their chief. They have their own goals. So yes, looking at those who really influence protesters I can say all them are banderas. And other moderate ones are too weak and have nothing to do except obeying Yarosh&Co.

And moreover the next goal of Ukr-nazis that was officially proclaimed - seize of 'historical Ukrainian lands' - Kursk, Belgorod, Voronezh, Kuban. How do you think do we want the war to come here or give away the territory of our state?

Edited by Spooky Lynx

....How do you think do we want the war to come here or give away the territory of our state?

I still smell one sided Kremling rhetorics. I don't give a damn about any Nazi demands from either side nor do most of the Ukrainians, but the Ukrainians will make a huge mistake if they just watch how their country get's seperated by radical communists and Russian splinter factions on the one side and the radical extremists among the protesters and opposition right wing on the other side. They do that, all hell brakes loose and neither the Ukrainian people will get anything from that, nor will Ukraine's allies. Do you think the Ukrainian people will just watch how their country is being split by an ethnic minority ? if the communists come up with such demands they shouldn't be surprised that even pacifist monks soon or later take arms to defend their country. Of course I am against any Russian intervention, because it will lead to an all out war that would not only affect Ukraine. There's much more at stake here. I am solely for a peaceful solution, otherwise a war won't just remain in Ukraine.

Also, explain me why is that the entire former ruling party has fled without a trace when Yanukovich fled from Kiev ? If he's the president of Ukraine, he should show himself to the people and on neutral ground, not where he is now. But where to ? in almost every corner there's a shiny dacha of his. He lived like a friggin Bill Gates, only he didn't know on what NOT to spend money, and knows that he can't dare to show his face to the public and escape without being prosecuted for a million reasons.

Edited by Comm_Yuri

Same old Kremlin smear campaign Spooky? It's getting old, only a small percentage support Yarosh and they will not have a significant role in the future Ukraine.

Interesting interview from Arseniy Yatsenyuk, former foreign minister, 25/01/2014

Behind the government’s unbending response to the challenge from the streets lies a foreign power, or so Mr Yatsenyuk believes. He thinks that “somebody†has a “Plan B†to stamp out democracy and divide Ukraine by breaking off the largely Russian east.

Asked who this “somebody†might be, Mr Yatsenyuk declined to reply “Russiaâ€, while making it obvious that he believes the Kremlin is behind everything.

“Guess who,†he said. “You guess who. A number of countries in this world have their own vision of democracy and their own style of democracy and they want to enlarge this space and to have another Berlin Wall.â€

Against this background, Mr Yatsenyuk believes that Ukrainians can count on nobody but themselves. “It’s all up to us,†he said. “It’s all up to the Ukrainian people. But we still have a chance to avert the drama.â€

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10596968/As-Kiev-violence-escalates-opposition-leader-says-a-foreign-power-wants-to-divide-Ukraine.html

Spooky, you realise you are standing on the wrong side of this new Berlin Wall?

it is a hard topic again,

from Ukrainian point of view they (banderas) are their heroes cause they defended Ukrainian independence from 2 occupants, first "occupant" was we Poles, cause historicaly it was our territory from middle ages, were nobles, Counts, Earls , they were our slaved farmers, it was like this in XVII, XVIII century, this was also our territory in 1939,

"big hunger, big starvation" - was made by Stalin's NKVD which was Jewish, so they hate Jews too,

they had their historical reasons to hate Poles and Jews and they took their cruel revenge in 40s,

the question is if they now grow up and see that history changed, they also see that EU is not the way for them, cause they will be only cheap labour and their women will be cheapest (and the most beauty) prostitutes for Europe,

so they do not accept such future (cause Yanukovich was seeing Ukrain future with Russia, Klichko, Tymoshenko see future in EU) but noone see "to be independent and to keep industry and bank system in own hands"

it is hard isssue cause historically i understand their anger and freight but i also sensitive on their eventual anti-Polish colocation, question is how Banderas changed since 40s and do their views changed into not anti-Polish direction seeing that we both were victims of Stalin administration ,

Stalin was very wise psychopat, master of intrigues, he specially gave all high-ranked position to Jews to make a lot of mess and focus further hate on them, result of this are Banders,

people don't born "nazi", people became like this when they suffer from other nation which has power over them, again i do not know what to think about Ukraine situation, this situation looks like "between hammer and anvil" ,

so we mustn't see "effect" without "cause", of course true is not politically correct, but Jews were not saint and victim of history only, they were ruling tortures of NKVD where they were officers, west do not say about it, but west say "they are nazis" not bothering to asking "why they are", moreover, saying on the west that Jews commited crimes (in Ukraine, in occupied by USSR Poland and after WW2 in 40s till 1956 when Bierut died) is seen as "antisemitism, nazism", while in fact they commited a lot of crimes wearing Soviet uniforms of Cheka , NKVD (pre-KGB, pre-GRU),

Banderas keep this argument and it is hard for us in "modern" world, especially in "EU", this knowledge is hard to handle and everyone pushes it off "no, it is impossible, Jews are victims, Banderas are nazis" because how it is portrait in western press,

question is if they can go further in Ukraine without causing bigger conflict spread, because west thinks that if we not say about the problem than problem disappears, i am afraid that problem is wider, west capital and banksters think "let Ukrainians bleed to death or they agree to be cheapest labour and prostitutes for us" so their national tensions will raise for sure, the question is in which direction - to be more independent or agains us (Poles, Russians)

Edited by vilas

i am afraid that problem is wider, west capital and banksters think "let Ukrainians bleed to death or they agree to be cheapest labour and prostitutes for us"

Yet more twisted nonsense, the primary motivation is they don't want another Russian sponsored dictatorship, particularly in Europe. The whole thing is about containing Putin and his empire building.

it is not nonsens, corporations, world bank, George Soros, Builderber group and such like people destroyed post Eastern Block economies to have cheap labour for west, the fact that people in our countries do not have jobs and have to emigrate to West is not "accident", the most rich corportations think what to do, to make people from east their half-slaves (and to make western people more obey cause they afraid of loosing jobs)

Ukraine is 45 milions people nation (i was mistaken when i said 80 few posts ago) , it is nation which is poor, and thats why mainstream supported opposition leaders which are EU-focused, Ukraine might have civil war soon if situation,

you forget why whole Maydan situation started - it started cause gov. of Ukraine refused to continue work on future EU-membership < this was reason all this started on Maydan, because Yanukowich put off EU-membership in future, riots started because of November 2013 decision of Ukr. gov. "we will not join EU in future, we cooperate economically with Russia"

you forget why whole Maydan situation started - it started cause gov. of Ukraine refused to continue work on future EU-membership < this was reason all this started on Maydan, because Yanukowich put off EU-membership in future, riots started because of November 2013 decision of Ukr. gov. "we will not join EU in future, we cooperate economically with Russia"

Yes, but overall people were fed up with their corrupted governement.

Anyway Ukraine is so poor ATM that it can only be helped with joint efforts of EU and Russia.

Anyway Ukraine is so poor ATM that it can only be helped with joint efforts of EU and Russia.

The EU managed to make Portugal, Greece, Romania, and now Croatia looking fit for full EU membrship on paper so im sure they can do the same for Ukraine in 4-5 Years. And it really needed because the industries are runngn out of cheap and low qualified labourers and the Streets of Berlin need younger and nicer prostitutes...sad but thats the future for e Ukraine in a EU...Poland and Romania and other former east block states had to go through that too before. And Vilas is spot on when he said that this transfer of cheap labour force is setting the western population uder pressure...as a matter of fact salaries in germeny are basically frozen for 10 years and the inccident of 2008 did not make people want more money now because we are told all day that crisis is not over. Hard fact, my good brother is a junior doctor and he earns much less than a simple able worker at Vokswagen. Add to this that the medical sector is overrun by polish, romanian and russian physicians and nurses. We now have districts in my town where the main langaune spoken is russian and even the shops sport advertising in cyrillic letters. We use to call it little Odessa already. All this people are now missing in their homelands to keep a economy runnign there...so how can a counrty recover that has all its best manpower fleeing to the west? Btw. The demand for east europeans in Germany is so high because our graduates leave Germany as soon as possible for UK, switzerland or USA because they will get better income and carreer oportunities there. Edited by Beagle

every explosion need ignition, like in army, you can have tonne of C4, it will not blow just by lying , it need impulse, ignition,

the same with revolutions, people are frustrated, people are angry (in my country anger is similar) but people need leader who will say "go with me, we gonna destroy them and we gonna take power",

without "leader" people stay at home, swearing all, but do nothing untill they have anything to eat,

ignition was pro-EU movement which started Maydan, than national parties joined, than seeing riots, than in third order usual people "who had enough" joined,

without this first ignition, probably they will be sitting and still cursing their fate (or maybe they have bigger balls and they do react when they are not satisfied and i am mistaken)

many revolutions are moving on and on cause people are fed up, but they start from ignition of someone who is very visible and shouts louder (no matter if his interest meet people needs or not)

i heard theories (which i do not know if they were true) that Lenin was German agent and revolution in 1917 was started to make Russian empire weaker during war and to cause civil war inside Tsar empire, but noone expected that revolution can win,

maybe it is just nonsense theory , but i heard such one, people were fed up in Russia in 1910s, but ignition could be man who was sent to make their country weaker ?

every explosion need ignition, like in army, you can have tonne of C4, it will not blow just by lying , it need impulse, ignition,

the same with revolutions, people are frustrated, people are angry (in my country anger is similar) but people need leader who will say "go with me, we gonna destroy them and we gonna take power",

without "leader" people stay at home, swearing all, but do nothing untill they have anything to eat,

ignition was pro-EU movement which started Maydan, than national parties joined, than seeing riots, than in third order usual people "who had enough" joined,

without this first ignition, probably they will be sitting and still cursing their fate (or maybe they have bigger balls and they do react when they are not satisfied and i am mistaken)

many revolutions are moving on and on cause people are fed up, but they start from ignition of someone who is very visible and shouts louder (no matter if his interest meet people needs or not)

i heard theories (which i do not know if they were true) that Lenin was German agent and revolution in 1917 was started to make Russian empire weaker during war and to cause civil war inside Tsar empire, but noone expected that revolution can win,

maybe it is just nonsense theory , but i heard such one, people were fed up in Russia in 1910s, but ignition could be man who was sent to make their country weaker ?

The Theory is not really wrong. The germans helped Lenin to get into russia, they hoped that he will cause problems there. The Plan worked.

I still smell one sided Kremling rhetorics. I don't give a damn about any Nazi demands from either side nor do most of the Ukrainians, but the Ukrainians will make a huge mistake if they just watch how their country get's seperated by radical communists and Russian splinter factions on the one side and the radical extremists among the protesters and opposition right wing on the other side. They do that, all hell brakes loose and neither the Ukrainian people will get anything from that, nor will Ukraine's allies.

You know, those pesky communists should be thanked for adding Zakarpatye, Donbass and Crimea to the ridna nenka. Without them modern Ukraine would be much smaller. And other thing: if maidanuts do not want to obey Yanukovich's regime - why South-Eastern population must obey maidanuts? The whole EU deal (note not EU joining but just association treaty, noone in EU even spoke about joining of Ukraine in recent future, you'd remember that these are very different things) was quite disputable, but part of Ukrainian society in Maidan assumed the right of decision about EU relations for all the polulation. Why? Who gave them right to decide for the whole country? Why hadn't they accepted the idea of referendum?

One more thing: Western and Eastern parts are quite different - from mentality to religion and way of life. Don't you think it's better to live in separate states like Czechia and Slovakia?

Do you think the Ukrainian people will just watch how their country is being split by an ethnic minority ? if the communists come up with such demands they shouldn't be surprised that even pacifist monks soon or later take arms to defend their country. Of course I am against any Russian intervention, because it will lead to an all out war that would not only affect Ukraine. There's much more at stake here. I am solely for a peaceful solution, otherwise a war won't just remain in Ukraine.

I would surprise you but your beloved communists did not do anything in recent weeks. They are too small party. The decision about leaving the state and (maybe) joining Russia is made by ordinary people. Some people want to try join EU or build nationalist state, others want to live in the state friendly to Russia. This may be their opinion but not Kremlin propaganda. Two sides of medal and other stuff. If maidanuts want to live in national state - let them do it but on their own territory.

Also, explain me why is that the entire former ruling party has fled without a trace when Yanukovich fled from Kiev ? If he's the president of Ukraine, he should show himself to the people and on neutral ground, not where he is now. But where to ? in almost every corner there's a shiny dacha of his. He lived like a friggin Bill Gates, only he didn't know on what NOT to spend money, and knows that he can't dare to show his face to the public and escape without being prosecuted for a million reasons.

At first - not entire. At second - how will you act if a crowd of maidanuts stands nearby and may torture you and your family? Some deputies that are anti-maidan were already beaten (Shufrich for example). Yanek is SOB indeed, he betrayed MVD troops and all those who have other views on Ukrainian future. He is like second Misha Gorby. Now he is not wanted as the leader of the state neither by maidanuts nor by PR supporters.

Same old Kremlin smear campaign Spooky? It's getting old, only a small percentage support Yarosh and they will not have a significant role in the future Ukraine.

Interesting interview from Arseniy Yatsenyuk, former foreign minister, 25/01/2014

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ukraine/10596968/As-Kiev-violence-escalates-opposition-leader-says-a-foreign-power-wants-to-divide-Ukraine.html

Spooky, you realise you are standing on the wrong side of this new Berlin Wall?

Small percentage? Maybe. But this small percentage is most equipped, trained and experienced in fighting. And it ruled in Maidan and rules now. Their guys are armed and fought against government troops. And they said they do warn Yulia not to return in politics. Just as they do not need Krolik or Boxer.

Small percentage? Maybe. But this small percentage is most equipped, trained and experienced in fighting. And it ruled in Maidan and rules now. Their guys are armed and fought against government troops. And they said they do warn Yulia not to return in politics. Just as they do not need Krolik or Boxer.

to be honest - i am suprised that polician whose corruption was proven, who has palaces , private jets and so on (in those poor economical condition) is pushed again,

i know that policians love bribes, but usual people ? if Ukraine will vote for her than ...

i believe and i always believed that if polician is corrupted (or not only politician, but policeman, judge, clerk) than he should never be allowed to any position, but...

it is like in our courts - every citizen wants audio-video recording of court proceeding, every judge and advocate (every lawyer) is against it, cause than one thing was said another thing is in protocol,

the same with policians from west and from my country who love Timoshenko, she is for them symbol of struggle, but i do not know what kind of struggle,

so in such between hammer and anvil, i prepare right wing if they are honest, than left wing when it is corrupted, i prefere radical but honest people than more wise, compromisive, easy going but not honest, i call it "to choose less evil than bigger evil"

Edited by vilas

You know, those pesky communists should be thanked for adding Zakarpatye, Donbass and Crimea to the ridna nenka. Without them modern Ukraine would be much smaller. And other thing: if maidanuts do not want to obey Yanukovich's regime - why South-Eastern population must obey maidanuts? The whole EU deal (note not EU joining but just association treaty, noone in EU even spoke about joining of Ukraine in recent future, you'd remember that these are very different things) was quite disputable, but part of Ukrainian society in Maidan assumed the right of decision about EU relations for all the polulation. Why? Who gave them right to decide for the whole country? Why hadn't they accepted the idea of referendum?

One more thing: Western and Eastern parts are quite different - from mentality to religion and way of life. Don't you think it's better to live in separate states like Czechia and Slovakia?

People were displeased with the circumstances they were forced to live in and live with and as Vilas allready stated correctly the demonstrations got ignited easily by people who rose up and took initiate ( if they were supported and financed by the EU is irrelevant because it had to happen ) because the frustration and hate was there. Yanukovich trying to sign a deal with Russia which would seal the fate of an entire nation, all by his own, without considering public opinion, was what made the people go nuts ( or much easier for EU to finaly get their riots on maidan as you would see it. Totaly ok because it is so. It's the truth. ) Who gave Yanukovich the right to decide the fate of the whole country ? I know how different the mentalities are because I'm from the East too and no seperation is not a damn good thing because it would ignite seperation in other regions of the world as well. Especialy people from the East should see that better than anyone else. Noone on this planet is satisfied with seperations and it only strains relations even more, most of them end in a massacre. The more humans seperate from eachother and create even tinier communities, the more uncivilized and primitive this pityful show here on this planet becomes ....

I would surprise you but your beloved communists did not do anything in recent weeks. They are too small party. The decision about leaving the state and (maybe) joining Russia is made by ordinary people. Some people want to try join EU or build nationalist state, others want to live in the state friendly to Russia. This may be their opinion but not Kremlin propaganda. Two sides of medal and other stuff. If maidanuts want to live in national state - let them do it but on their own territory.

Well congratulations. Your radical right wing friends aren't the majority of the opposition on maidan either !

that decision is so far made mostly by communist party. The Ukrainians won't accept seperation and they would use military action to uphold the territorial integrity of their country. It may surprise you but any nation with some brain would do the same. Russians made a horrific example out of themselves on that matter just because there was such a fear.

At first - not entire. At second - how will you act if a crowd of maidanuts stands nearby and may torture you and your family? Some deputies that are anti-maidan were already beaten (Shufrich for example). Yanek is SOB indeed, he betrayed MVD troops and all those who have other views on Ukrainian future. He is like second Misha Gorby. Now he is not wanted as the leader of the state neither by maidanuts nor by PR supporters.

Oh really ? I think I wouldn't be afraid at all if I had no criminal past .... maybe follow closely on why these people did really flee.

Edited by Comm_Yuri

there is no good solution in this, there is bad, or worse, or another worse :) like in our votings, we vote not for party X or party Y, we vote against party X or against party Y

People were displeased with the circumstances they were forced to live in and live with and as Vilas allready stated correctly the demonstrations got ignited easily by people who rose up and took initiate ( if they were supported and financed by the EU is irrelevant because it had to happen ) because the frustration and hate was there. Yanukovich trying to sign a deal with Russia which would seal the fate of an entire nation, all by his own, without considering public opinion, was what made the people go nuts ( or much easier for EU to finaly get their riots on maidan as you would see it. Totaly ok because it is so. It's the truth. ) Who gave Yanukovich the right to decide the fate of the whole country ?

Frustration and hate exists in many countries, I'd say economics in Moldova is even worse that in Ukraine. But why there's no such maidan there? Albania, Greece and other countries do not look well too but there's no such cruel clashes or they are crushed by local LEOs and nobody gives a damn... Why? Where's ignition?

Yanuk (being president in presidential republic so here is his right) knew that EU association treaty does not give much profit to Ukraine. And he even asked for referendum, but maidan said "NO". Why?

I know how different the mentalities are because I'm from the East too and no seperation is not a damn good thing because it would ignite seperation in other regions of the world as well. Especialy people from the East should see that better than anyone else. Noone on this planet is satisfied with seperations and it only strains relations even more, most of them end in a massacre. The more humans seperate from eachother and create even tinier communities, the more uncivilized and primitive this pityful show here on this planet becomes ....

But why so called civilized world widely supported collapse of USSR? Revolution in Czechoslovakia? War in Yugoslavia and separation of Montenegro? East Timor? According to your words nobody should support breakaway of Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Montenegro. Nobody should cheer collapse of Soviet Union because the result was terrible - several unrests with casualties and numerous full-scale wars. Or aren't you tricking?

Well congratulations. Your radical right wing friends aren't the majority of the opposition on maidan either !

that decision is so far made mostly by communist party. The Ukrainians won't accept seperation and they would use military action to uphold the territorial integrity of their country. It may surprise you but any nation with some brain would do the same. Russians made a horrific example out of themselves on that matter just because there was such a fear.

They are most active part of opposition and that's most serious problem. When Krolik, Boxer and Fuhrer returned after negotiations with Yanuk they refused to recognize any peace treaties and shytestorm was started. And forget about communist party, it was not very big in Rada, the main one was PoR. And PoR tried to counter opposition mainly.

Don't want to make you sad but Ukrainians in Crimea already making steps for separation. They are already establishing newly elected authorities (not connected to Commies or PoR - people do not trust politicians much now). And many of those who live in most industrialised regions that make backbone of local economics don't want to obey opposition much.

Oh really ? I think I wouldn't be afraid at all if I had no criminal past .... maybe follow closely on why these people did really flee.

Shufrich hadn't fled. Doniy hadn't fled. They were beaten by Svoboda crooks after wrong words spoken in Rada.

Yanuk (being president in presidential republic so here is his right) knew that EU association treaty does not give much profit to Ukraine.

-He was elected in parliamentary republic, than he hijacked constitution.

-His and PR motto during elections was european integration, which btw is written in constitution as a course for Ukraine.

-He knew this treaty threatens his corruption schemes.

They are most active part of opposition and that's most serious problem. When Krolik, Boxer and Fuhrer returned after negotiations with Yanuk they refused to recognize any peace treaties and shytestorm was started.

EVERYBODY refused those treaties.

Don't want to make you sad but Ukrainians Russians in Crimea already making steps for separation.

Fixed

And many of those who live in most industrialised regions that make backbone of local economics don't want to obey opposition much.

I live in such region and you're wrong.

Please stop with all the manipulations. Thank you.

Don't want to make you sad but Ukrainians in Crimea already making steps for separation.

Which is more commonly known as "high treason".

General prosecutor's house

EPILEPSY WARNING!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-owDhYIgzytQ/Uwoplyq5CJI/AAAAAAAAHTY/Sl6OOy0tToc/s1600/DSC_7976.JPG I guess that pretty much explains the royalty of his house...not to mention http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wr_ekhHEK74/UwoqZo13KnI/AAAAAAAAHag/PGz0Ya-3nS4/s1600/DSC_8040.JPG what a pompous prat.

But seriously, this makes Yanukovich's place look common in comparison save for the boats and cars.

^ THIS IS SICK! Sick amount of luxury that becomes comical. Wonder how corrupted this man is, corrupted to the bone.

Video of regime snipers going into action. You can see what kind of weapon they used against the crowd - Dragunov sniper rifles and bolt action snipers. No wonder the bullets were going through the improvised metal shields and helmets like knife though butter and killing the people with one shot.

In any case they also carried PK machineguns :/

Note: there is no blood in this video.

Edited by Sudayev

no suprise for me,

th more corrupted state - the better life of it's servants, the more dictatorship, the more payed "armed services" (comparing to rest of society , which earns much less) which make such services loose approach that they are payed by taxpayer to protect him, not to beat him ,

there was good example from Bulgaria, where police refused to protect government which was corrupted - it was honest police , some months ago there was gov. change and in riots in Bulgaria - police helped rioters, honest policeman hunts thieves no matter if thief is in street or in parliament

Arrest warrant out for Yanukovych who has reportedly fled to the Crimea with it's 25,000 Russian troops.

Should be interesting to see how this works out?

Also interesting that many other officials implicated in criminal activity have fled to Russia. Why is it they seek sanctuary there?

Arrest warrant out for Yanukovych who has reportedly fled to the Crimea with it's 25,000 Russian troops.

Should be interesting to see how this works out?

Also interesting that many other officials implicated in criminal activity have fled to Russia. Why is it they seek sanctuary there?

Because russia ist the last country on earth that grants something like asylum for political reasons. Why is Edward Snowden there?