Sign in to follow this  
jetfox

Arma 3 W/Scripts By Jetfox

Do you like Zeus scripted?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Zeus scripted?

After depboing the Zeus mission files last Friday i have worked on adding scripts to my mission file, I have succeeded in adding the following:

Revive

Virtual ammo box

Virtual vehicle system(temporary removed)

helicopter fast rope

grouping system

map stats

Money System Added

Files will be released later sometime as it is finished but until then feel free to test out the files by joining our server by filtering "jetfox"

Known bugs:

Crashes on Zeus setting respawn on vehicles

Oh and for people who are depboing Zeus and have an error running it on a dedicated don't forget here's your hint "don't forget the a3 scripts to include in your mission"

Edit: Mission With Vas And 4 Zeus: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ab1gls9b08my65n/MP_Altis2Zeus.Altis.rar

Will not work unless depboed(Will Work Depboed) and u figure out the errors that are needed fixing (Prevent stealing)

Edited by Jetfox

Is there any chance that you could release your map with VAS integration? I have been trying to get a rudimentary version of this working with no luck.

Sure thing, Give me around 10 minutes?

---------- Post added at 01:33 ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 ----------

Added the post ( I believe this one has vas )

Sure thing, Give me around 10 minutes?

---------- Post added at 01:33 ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 ----------

Added the post ( I believe this one has vas )

Awesome! Thanks!

I am having the same issue with this map as I had with the one I tried to modify. I opened the map file in the editor and exported it to multiplayer. When I go to launch a multiplayer game, the game crashes. I get the crash before I ever hit the map selection screen. The error I get is:

Include File a3\functions_f\Params\paramGuerFriendly.hpp not found.

When I remove the generated map, the game works fine, I can pick from the default multiplayer maps.

I am having the same issue with this map as I had with the one I tried to modify. I opened the map file in the editor and exported it to multiplayer. When I go to launch a multiplayer game, the game crashes. I get the crash before I ever hit the map selection screen. The error I get is:

Include File a3\functions_f\Params\paramGuerFriendly.hpp not found.

When I remove the generated map, the game works fine, I can pick from the default multiplayer maps.

Thats part of the anti steal, Figure out what it means. and you go import it from arma

As far as I can tell, it is referencing a file inside of a PBO in the Arma3/addons folder. the Functions_F pbo. But I am really not sure what you mean by import it from Arma. Sorry, I am new to modifying maps.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

So I made a couple changes (made some of the BlueFor something other than rifleman). I got the mission to load in multiplayer, but now it does not show any options for Zeus. I cannot place any items . The only thing I can do is place markers.

Anti-Steal? This is just a restriction of those pbos. Anyone will have the same issue if they unpbo and compile the original files. It's just the fact you can't reference the a3 root folder from inside a mission pbo. IIRC that was done to stop people reading config files on servers with backdoor scripts etc.

You can find that reference in the descriptions.ext and remove it. It just gives you the ability to change the parameters of INDFOR units loyalty. Or you can import the include from your main Arma installation.

Got it, removing that line from the Description fixed the issue.

thank you guys!

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

So, how is VAS in the map? Do I just need to add static ammo boxes with the init line, or have you added it so they are place-able by Zeus?

So how do you go about getting the VAS to work when you can't edit the init of an ammo box? I played on a server the other night that was able to do it.

place the ammo box with vas initalized in it(2d editor) and sync it to the zeus objects system and wallah u can move it

place the ammo box with vas initalized in it(2d editor) and sync it to the zeus objects system and wallah u can move it

Made me laugh.

I think you mean Voilà, but we get the gist. Keep up the good work.

Well i played your map again last night, and have a few suggestions for ya that i think will improve game play a bit. Anyways, 1. I didnt use or even know you had the jump script in btw because you left it double tap to initiate. Might want to change that, also you might want to make it so it will find the player bound key for jump, because well, not everyone uses the default setup for A3. All you need to do is: For the single press un-comment line 15,

// player setvariable ["key",false];// ENABLE THIS LINE FOR SINGLE KEYPRESS BY REMOVING // AT THE START OF THE LINE

which you probably already know since it says it, lol.

For the getting player bound keys to action, in jump.sqf, add the following line below line 12

_dikcode_getover_arr = actionKeys "GetOver";
_key = _this select 1;

Change lines 21 and to 22 to:

if ((player getVariable ["key",true]) && (_key in _dikcode_getover_arr)) exitWith {player setVariable ["key",false]; [_key_delay] spawn {sleep (_this select 0);player setVariable ["key",true];};_r};
if ((_key in _dikcode_getover_arr) && (speed player >8)) then {

And Wallah or Voilà :p.

Also in description.ext you can change the

respawnTemplatesWest[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"};
respawnTemplatesEast[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"};
respawnTemplatesGuer[] = {"MenuPosition","MenuInventory"};

to just:

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuInventory","MenuPosition"};

And if you want help with custom load outs just ask(dont think you do since youve already got them going so), but there's plenty of info on that so.

Last thing, There are 2 Squad Management actions btw... Super simple fix. In DOM_Squad>init.sqf delete or /* */ the lines 20-23. E.g

/*squad_mgmt_action = player addAction [
	("<t color='#04cc6b'>" + "Squad Management" + "</t>"), 
	Compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "DOM_squad\open_dialog.sqf", [], -80, false
];*/

Hope these helped, and obviously i miss the vehicle guy who you can spawn vehicles from, had a little chat with 1 of ya admins about it and sounded like you were having trouble with people spawning in cars and not moving them, and others couldn't spawn theirs because of this or they would spawn on top and blow up maybe? I don't really remember tbh, late night playing ;), I really think it is essential for this btw, as Zeus constantly having to put basic vehicles down(unarmed) just adds to his work load, especially if hes trying to set up the next area or people die mid battle & spawn at base.

If you do put the vehicle spawn back in btw, i only have 1 request/recommendation, add the MH9 to the list... Its not exactly OP. And well simply put, it cuts down travel times and i literally cant see any reasons why they wouldn't be in. Daym! long ass post. :rolleyes:

Edited by MILN4R

Thanks for the comment Milnar, you should sign up for the beta testing this weekend! We are implementing a cash system to purchase loadouts and vehicles! Which is what we think everyone will love, and Zeus won't have to worry about vehicles spawning since the players themselves would have to earn the cash themselves or use actual team communication!

Yeah sure, i may as well do the beta thing. And the cash system, Ive never really properly used, mainly because of the almost constant tweaks and re-balanceing of prices that i could foresee me having to do. But if ya really need help with it, ill help(PM me, keep this thread clear for bug reports/suggestions), since Ive pretty much done whatever i was doing for my mates map, apart from a stupid BI problem with supports, but that's for another thread maybe(probably not since its been made before, feel like ill have to do BI`s job a lil bit on it :() but ya, uhm Wasteland is all i really need to say on any possible cash problems or the Life stuff, plenty of references lol, why make something that's already been made ;)(obviously tweaking will be required to suit your purposes).

And NP on the feedback, I can tell your committed to making the map good so, its one of those 'why not help' scenarios for me.

Oh before i sign off, um one thing that some guy mentioned is why the Zeus ping wont work. Ya, not a biggy and probably not hard to fix, considering all references you have to look at(BI`s Zeus GM missions) but ya never know, sometimes the smallest thing is the hardest to do.

Hm iv`e been looking over what you did for Zeus and why oh why have you got your entire file structure showing..?

MP_Jetfox_Injury.Altis\Users\<YOURNAME>\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\JetFox\mpmissions\MP_Jetfox_Injury.Altis

And you don't really need to have the a3>functions_f in the mission directory btw, you can just copy the functions_f pbo to your Dedicated servers addon folder, i also for some reason have a separate curator folder in my A3 directory with all the curator PBO`s, i just copied them too & modules_f as to be sure, worked fine for me, with no need for the a3 in mission directory, up to you tho either way works. Don't know which one is more efficient probably the PBO way but doesn't really matter.

Edited by MILN4R
I always need to correct myself, really need to get the habbit of proofreading my own writing before posting XD

That error which pops up at start of game in the black box, this one:

'...then
{
_old = player;
_old removeAction |#|squad_mgmt_action;
waitUntil {alive play...'
Error undefined variable in expression: squad_mgmt_action

Is because ya deleted the wrong

squad_mgmt_action = player addAction [
       ("<t color='#04cc6b'>" + "Squad Management" + "</t>"), 
       Compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "DOM_squad\open_dialog.sqf", [], -80, false
   ];

in the DOM_Squad>init.sqf, you need to delete the other one.

Erm and the wierd 'C' for jump glitch.. idk whats really doing that. And my stuff for jump on my first post on this thread was wrong, There were incompatabilities between my the way i do it and whoever made the jump script did e.g his line of code went like this:

if ((_this select 1)  == 46 and speed player >8) then {

and mine goes like this(i think mine just looks neater):

Any way, ill just give you my jump.sqf which is already tidied up and doesnt have all my extras in.

if (isNull player) exitwith {} ;

fn_Animation =
{

private ["_unit","_anim"];
_unit = _this select 0;
_anim = _this select 1;
_unit switchMove _anim;// PLAY ANIMATION JUMP
};

dokeyDown= {

private ["_r","_key_delay","_max_height","_height","_vel","_dir","_speed","_key","_dikcode_getover_arr"];
_dikcode_getover_arr = actionKeys "GetOver";
_key = _this select 1;
_key_delay  = 0.3;// MAX TIME BETWEEN KEY PRESSES 
_max_height = 4.3;// SET MAX JUMP HEIGHT
player setVariable ["key",false];// ENABLE THIS LINE FOR SINGLE KEYPRESS BY REMOVING // AT THE START OF THE LINE
_r = false ;
  //  HINT STR (_this select 1);// show key number
  // VARIOUS CHECKS 
if ((player getVariable ["key",true]) && (_key in _dikcode_getover_arr)) exitWith {player setVariable ["key",false]; [_key_delay] spawn {sleep (_this select 0);player setVariable ["key",true];};_r};
	if ((player == vehicle player)  && (player getVariable ["jump",true]) && (isTouchingGround player )) then  {
		player setVariable ["key",true];// RESTE DOUBLE KEY TAP    
		player setVariable ["jump",false];// DISABLE JUMP
		_height = 6-((load player)*10);// REDUCE HEIGHT BASED ON WEIGHT
		//hint str _height;
		// MAKE JUMP IN RIGHT DIRECTION
		_vel = velocity player;
		_dir = direction player;
		_speed = 0.4;
		If (_height > _max_height) then {_height = _max_height};// MAXIMUM HEIGHT OF JUMP 
		player setVelocity [(_vel select 0)+(sin _dir*_speed),(_vel select 1)+(cos _dir*_speed),(_vel select 2)+_height];
		[[player,"AovrPercMrunSrasWrflDf"],"fn_Animation",nil,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP; //BROADCAST ANIMATION
		player spawn {sleep 2;_this setVariable ["jump",true]};// RE-ENABLE JUMP
	};
	_r = true;
};
_r;
};

waitUntil {!(IsNull (findDisplay 46))};
(FindDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keydown","_this call dokeyDown"];

Edited by MILN4R

Welcome dn3 and benfox to the team! We are able to achieve more together then alone