Sign in to follow this  
dram

Mars Mod-Maker's Manual (M4) Videos

Hello everyone!

In support of last week’s Workbench update, today we launched a series of mod-making video tutorials for Take On™ Mars. Titled ‘Mars Mod-Maker's Manual (M4)’, the video series aims to help people get started with creating additional or new content for Take On Mars, using the game’s Workbench editing suite. The first chapter - Data Structure & Modifications – kicks off with an explanation of where Take On Mars looks for its data, and how it can be modified.

The fact that Take On Mars itself started as a mod for Carrier Command: Gaea Mission explains a lot about the dedication of this team to modding and user content creation. While we’re still adding new content to the game ourselves, with a really cool announcement coming up next week, we’re looking forward to see how other people experiment with the tools used to develop Take On Mars. The Mars Mod-Maker's Manual (M4) should form an excellent starting point.

More chapters in the ‘Mars Mod-Making Manual’ series will be released over the course of the next few months – starting with the second chapter about addons, mods and total conversions.

Kind and sincere regards from the Dev team,

Martin Melicharek (Project Lead)

Question:

Is it possible to start moding the game now? As the game is still Early Acces.

Maby I missed this but IF we mod it will it be Singel player or Multiplayer? or both?

Is it possible to start moding the game now? As the game is still Early Acces.

Yes, it is possible to mod it now, though things may change and make the mod incompatible, so compatibility would then need to be restored. This of course depends on what is being modded.

Maby I missed this but IF we mod it will it be Singel player or Multiplayer? or both?

Take On Mars is thus far a single player experience. That said, we are experimenting with multiplayer, however I am inclined to say that it will most likely NOT make it into the game.

This is really awesome. You can essentially make an entirely new game, correct?

Nevermind, I must have not heard it the first time I watched the video. This is really, really awesome! I'm surprised it hasn't garnered more attention.

Edited by Nicholas

Yep, you can essentially make a new game. If you remove the TKOM scripts then essentially you are left with a clean base to build upon :)

Questions :

Can we make terraforming, adding plants and trees to give a plant impression?

Technically, the game engine is capable of managing tens of thousands of plants, such as what can be done with the motor arma 3?

(In this case, we are talking about new plants, I created, with levels of detail tapering to relieve the game engine).

Hey LODU,

Just to clarify, this is not the same engine that Arma 3 uses, so assets have to be exported differently. That said, Carrier Command Gaea Mission is the game previously built on this engine, and had ocean, trees, etc. This means yes, you can add many trees.

Sign in to follow this