Sign in to follow this  
theebu

C-130J Port Release

the dev branch may have fixed the death when ejecting problem because they fixed it with helis, not sure if it works

I have a HALO System coming (using this C130) that you can actually Jump-Out-Of at 36,000ft.

You can walk around inside and jump from the Opened Ramp. Even have the Red then Green GO

lights for stealthy night ops. Few issues; still a WIP... It's pretty freaking awesome!

cant wait for this :D. sounds really good. please give a update when ready. thx

for the Moment i have my player in the Cargo . but he always perform the flying Animation. How i can avoid this jump animation ?

Bug report: Sometimes without any particular reason C130J blow up after entering pilot slot. It is standing on runway so no way of colliding with something on it, I just cannot find reason for that. I have tested this with friend on MP host and dedicated server too. After he started the engine, plane started to move up and down a notch, didn't blew up anyway but that was strange.

Please address that in next release.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Second mission, second explosion, please look at it ;/

Edited by gienkov

Is that the same issue as the mysterious exploding helicopters? That still happens to me with random default helicopters.

Edited by Zlin

Is that the same issue as the mysterious exploding helicopters? That's still happens to me with random default helicopters.

Is this in a particular mission?

I make lot of missions. We play them on dedicated server. I made two with C130J and mission ended both times after getting to part when we have to load cargo using IgiLoad Script (about 3 hours after mission start). Cargo has been loaded w/o problems, but when pilot got to his seat plane exploded immediately.

Bug report: Sometimes without any particular reason C130J blow up after entering pilot slot. It is standing on runway so no way of colliding with something on it, I just cannot find reason for that. I have tested this with friend on MP host and dedicated server too. After he started the engine, plane started to move up and down a notch, didn't blew up anyway but that was strange.

Please address that in next release.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Second mission, second explosion, please look at it ;/

Does this happen with cargo in it, or completely empty?

I've had it happen to a mate of mine too, no cargo, we were just about to load cargo in it though >.<

Both. Transport version too.

I think that happens with any aircraft, happens to me occasionally when the aircraft (Helicopters and planes) is standing on the main airfield.

I think that happens with any aircraft, happens to me occasionally when the aircraft (Helicopters and planes) is standing on the main airfield.

It's a ground collision problem. Lift all the vehicles by 10 cm and the problem goes away.

@azer1234 & tankbuster

Yeah nice solutions, but it would be great to have it fixed inside addon, and not have to worry about that commands. Or am I wrong?

It would be better, but we've noted and reported this some 8 months ago and there's been no fix, so we might be stuck with these solutions for some time yet.

If somebody has similiar problems, add this to C130J init line:

this setPosATL [getPosATL this select 0, getPosATL this select 1, 0.10]

Regarding bugs, there are few:

• Artificial horizon not fully working, shows only bank, not pitch
  • HUD not working at all (what I see is just three lines on left, right and top),
  • Flight model is slighty strange, you flight straight even with 90 degree bank, I think plane should turn with that much bank and its not,
  • Copilot hud not working at all

Users will need to put this in their respawn scripts. I even add it to my vehicle service scripts as well.

Curiously, I've never seen this happen when an AI gets in a vehicle, only human players.

Any way to have cargo already inside the aircraft when spawning? What do i have to ype in the initialization field?

If somebody has similiar problems, add this to C130J init line:

Regarding bugs, there are few:

• Artificial horizon not fully working, shows only bank, not pitch
  • HUD not working at all (what I see is just three lines on left, right and top),
  • Flight model is slighty strange, you flight straight even with 90 degree bank, I think plane should turn with that much bank and its not,
  • Copilot hud not working at all

Artificial horizon fixed

Hud fixed for pilot (co-pilot still needs to be added)

Flight physics are all stock from Arma2 currently. I'm going to have a buddy look at tweaking it to make it more realistic.

I have an update planned soon. There's a couple more things I want to finish before releasing the next update.

Would love to get this fixed. In client RPT more than 2 thousand times...

2014/02/27, 14:13:31 Error in expression <<null>>
2014/02/27, 14:13:31   Error position: <<null>>
2014/02/27, 14:13:31   Error Invalid number in expression

Would love to get this fixed. In client RPT more than 2 thousand times...

2014/02/27, 14:13:31 Error in expression <<null>>
2014/02/27, 14:13:31   Error position: <<null>>
2014/02/27, 14:13:31   Error Invalid number in expression

Oh yea, another thing on the list of stuff to fix :D

Sugar - You do know that all static line parachutes for a long time have all been steerable? Did they fix the jump point, and god I can't wait until they fix the skin. Great job none the less.

hey theebu, I have a feeling also that the ported C-130J is too small.

If you look at the picture below it shows a L-ATV (NOT M-ATV) being unloaded from a C-130 (not sure of model)

In ArmA 3 it seems to be either that everything in ArmA 3 has been upsized or that the c130 is too small.

ARMADA-Oct-2012-Compendiumb.jpg

Another refrence is when being inside a C-130 (I've been in one) the roof is pretty high up and the door transitioning from cargo bay to cockpit is pretty tall

89278990.tMngHsEv.DubaiAirshow2007152.jpg

it's anyway not causing me problems (was having problems before (scripting issues)) but, I'm not saying you have to change the size, I'm just pointing some things out. It's not a must but if this makes you feel like I'm wrong then that's fine.

Edited by Lala14
L-ATV not M-ATV

Upcoming update:

HUD applied to copilot. HUD applied to pilots' helmets not screen to avoid being visible from cargo. (unless someone has a solution for me)

Transport: added 12 more seats to fit 36 passengers

Transport: changed the get-in positions, no longer an array.

Tweaked viewpilot settings.

Added options to control each door. (Front, Left & right)

Ejecting will probably still kill you. Use one of the many scripts people have put out there for jumping out.

Gear still has an issue going up sometimes. I have no idea whats causing it.

hey theebu, I have a feeling also that the ported C-130J is too small.

If you look at the picture below it shows a L-ATV (NOT M-ATV) being unloaded from a C-130 (not sure of model)

In ArmA 3 it seems to be either that everything in ArmA 3 has been upsized or that the c130 is too small.

Another refrence is when being inside a C-130 (I've been in one) the roof is pretty high up and the door transitioning from cargo bay to cockpit is pretty tall

it's anyway not causing me problems (was having problems before (scripting issues)) but, I'm not saying you have to change the size, I'm just pointing some things out. It's not a must but if this makes you feel like I'm wrong then that's fine.

I agree on the size, it does feel too small. Adjusting the size will take a lot of time though, not sure when/if I'll do it.

Looks like JTK HALO will be be coming to Arma 3. Small request, could you prevent players from opening the rear door if the aircraft is locked?

Thanks\.

Kempco

if JTK halo can come... i have a script from arma 2 (probably easy to port to arma 3) that is good for halo jumping and such for making c130 static up at a set height in the air