Sign in to follow this  
theebu

C-130J Port Release

Not bad idea to use a SphereHolder. It lets you keep the plane running with engines 'on'.

But when I spawn into the Cargo Hold (using a Marker) I'm always in 'Freefall' animation.

Anyone know how to spawn into the Cargo Hold and still be able to walk around upright?

Since we have this addon

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24529

- When you have a backpack in ventral position , the player can t run !!!

you better make them through able in walking position

Demanding things won't get you anywhere bud. A temporary solution has come about though, until I can make the ramp work as intended, the enter / exit point is at the rear of the aircraft.

maybe a good idea is modify the ai behavior to fly higher because in mountainous and forest terrains this doesnt tend to make it (crash and burn)

UPDATE: V1.1

Changelog v 1.1

Added: Copilot seat with access to controls

Added: Collision/ nav and landing lights

Server key

Fixed: Cargo ejecting in flight - for now enter / exit cargo is at rear of aircraft

Fixed: Cargo ramp open/close speed - Now takes longer

Fixed: Rvmat error & paa error

Fixed: Cargo seats getting into cockpit - now only cargo seats in rear

Now in standard @folder setup for standalone mod

Link: http://www.theebu.com/downloads/@EBU_Mods.zip

With the changes I made, the cargo ramp will depress further down, allowing players to walk up the ramp unhindered. this only works while the plane's engine is OFF and has not moved yet.

For everyone wanting the IgiLoad script, please be patient as he is working out a re-write and hopefully release that soon.

Edited by theebu

Changelog v 1.1

Server key

Fixed: Cargo ejecting in flight - for now enter / exit cargo is at rear of aircraft

With the changes I made, the cargo ramp will depress further down, allowing players to walk up the ramp unhindered. this only works while the plane's engine is OFF and has not moved yet.

For everyone wanting the IgiLoad script, please be patient as he is working out a re-write and hopefully release that soon.

Great job! Will you eventually add sounds to the ramp opening/closing? Will IgiLoad work with hunters and other vehicles than the quadbike? Ramp works perfectly now! :D Im getting some problems though. The hud doesnt work anymore (and im having trouble seeing through it), the copilot gives moving orders when pressing keys (forward, fast, stop, backward, left, right just like in a tank) and when using the transport version i can switch from pilot/copilot to passenger but cannot go back in the cockpit when riding in back after. Also the gear wont go back up.

Edited by X hunter33

is that a threat?

Whoa Whoa the guy doen't speak english as a first language.. it says he's from Korea....

Demanding things won't get you anywhere bud. A temporary solution has come about though, until I can make the ramp work as intended, the enter / exit point is at the rear of the aircraft.

I'm 99% sure it reads different from what he means.

SJ

Changelog v 1.1

Server key

NICE,

do you also plan on getting John Spartans Service menu for different skins / refueling pods and different things as such

I noticed that I can now just walk up the right side of the ramp but not the left.

Also I tried to drive the SUV, quadbike and hatchback and I still can't do it. At least I can drive the offroad truck in so that's still cool.

During a test session I got the Hunter in, but not advised as it'll destroy the C-130.

Also for giggles we tested the ability to stay standing in the cargo bay (regardless of version) and more or less not a fault of the author, but game coding that you'll stay static and the plane will move, eventually killing you. I will have to say that the autopilot worked once fairly good and a second time when I tried it I ended up flying in circles and depending on other issues I crashed it. But I will say flying it is nice, smooth and while I prefer fighter jets, it's still not bad for a transport plane.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey love the mod even with it's obvious flaws. A scroll wheel jump, or putting the eject directly rear of the aircraft (if that is possible) would be fine honestly. Hope you can get your old scripting for this bird fixed. As for the people nit picking about seats vs cargo they try not to switch out the seats and cargo much. It takes some time, and is a pain, but in reality before the bird ever hits the deck or takes off we know what the configuration is. Two different birds make sense, or you could take out the center poles that are only needed for the first set of center-line seats and should be able to still get a vehicle in.

New update v1.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@ebu_c130.png

@ theebu;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

hi there, i just want to thank you for this mod, i have a little issue with MCC and probably it's not even your fault, when i try to spawn with MCC a C130 it starts to jump on the ground and i can't place it down on the map i just want to let you know this.

Thanks again.

Rinkia,

Two things. Yes is DOES spaz out, just raise it up some. It'll stop and then you can spawn it. It'll "float" down, and no harm will have come to it.

IF you spawn it, and it NEVER appears; that is a separate issue. That is MOST likley cause by you trying to spawn it on a Server that has MCC installed, but NOT the Mod.

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 13:01 ----------

Hey Theebu,

Thanks for making this. Do you plan to work on a variant that has the 3 guns that the C130 is famous for. We're really hoping so, even if it's not all that soon. The admins of our clan took it for a spin tonight and are looking forward to adopting this when the bugs are sorted out. So far it's pretty darn great!

Hi, awesome plane, but I have un problem.

I died when I try to jump from the ramp as a passenger.

I don't know why.

If you wan help me, that could be cool !

Rinkia,

Two things. Yes is DOES spaz out, just raise it up some. It'll stop and then you can spawn it. It'll "float" down, and no harm will have come to it.

IF you spawn it, and it NEVER appears; that is a separate issue. That is MOST likley cause by you trying to spawn it on a Server that has MCC installed, but NOT the Mod.

Hey Theebu,

Thanks for making this. Do you plan to work on a variant that has the 3 guns that the C130 is famous for. We're really hoping so, even if it's not all that soon. The admins of our clan took it for a spin tonight and are looking forward to adopting this when the bugs are sorted out. So far it's pretty darn great!

Hey I assume your talking about the AC-130 very different than the C130J..but there is one in production in the USAF asset mod

The instrument light panel is a tad too dark at night anyway if increasing its brightness?

Rinkia,

Hey Theebu,

The C-130 isnt famous for its guns simply because it doesnt have any. Youre talking about the AC-130 gunship variant of the C-130 transport plane which got famous partially because of the one game i hate to talk about xD Theebu is making the transport variant. The two have completly different roles as you would imagine from a gunship an a transport plane. :)

That, and even the famous/iconic (gee I wonder why) armament are specific to one variant (the ACU-130U "Spooky II"), while the newer AC-130J Ghostrider went from 25 mm to 30 mm (using a derivative of the Bushmaster) but foregoes the 40 mm and 105 mm for smart weapons.

That, and even the famous/iconic (gee I wonder why) armament are specific to one variant (the ACU-130U "Spooky II"), while the newer AC-130J Ghostrider went from 25 mm to 30 mm (using a derivative of the Bushmaster) but foregoes the 40 mm and 105 mm for smart weapons.

Not quite accurate.

1x 30 mm ATK GAU-23/A autocannon[51]

'Gunslinger' weapons system with launch tube for AGM-176 Griffin missiles and/or GBU-44/B Viper Strike munitions (10 round magazines)[2]

Wing mounted, AGM-114 Hellfire missiles, GBU-39 Small Diameter Bombs (SDBs) and/or GBU-53/B SDB IIs[2] (4 per hardpoint on BRU-61/A rack)

I would replace the spooky with that any day.

Thanks for the Great Mod Theebu, is there a difference between the c130 you put out and the Static C130 in Arma 2? If so is it possible that you can include the static c130 with this pack I have a few old Halo scripts that work with the static C130.