Sign in to follow this  
theebu

C-130J Port Release

Awesome!

BUT,... Has anyone ever figure out how to get these to FLY and STAY FLYING at 30,000ft for a "True" HALO Jump???

I've been messing with this project for months and months now, and EVERY Aircraft wants to fall back down and

fly TOO LOW for what I'm looking for. I've given up hope and am thinking we have to do a 'trick' of sorts to fake it...

It seems the max height we can get is about 2-3k meters or so, then do a script to plop us up 11K meters somewhere.

Might have to do a script anyways because it seems you always hit the craft on exit which kills ya. :crazy_o:

well, a good idea for a spawnpoint in that would somehow open the ramp and then use the disablesimulation true thing in the object's init. field. then just spawn yourself inside of the plane (not in a seat but standing in the cargo) and jump

For starters, thank you for all the feedback! This is exactly what I wanted so I could figure out what else needs to be fixed.

Can't board from ramp unless hit the V key rapidly :(

The ramp is a bit of an annoyance at the moment. It's too thick to just walk up when it opens. For now sprinting is the easiest way up, but I'll be working on a solution.

Hi there, great port. I was wondering if any of you guys had any issues with the lights not working? (Landing lights and collision lights)

I'll take a look into the lights, I knew I forgot something!

Any chance for a server Key ?

There should be one included. If not, I'll get that out soon.

Wow! This is great! Have the standard mirrored textures been replaced?

No they haven't. I may attempt this down the line, but it isn't a huge priority yet. The wing textures use two sides for where the landing gear is stored though, so there you can put any words if you plan to do some texturing.

This port conflicts with A3MP. Great. :/

If you could help me figure out what the issue is, that'd be great. But just saying it conflicts doesn't help. I've tested this on A3MP with no issues.

As for the para-jump point, I had a feeling there would be issues. I'll work on a solution for that as well. I might put in a 'jump' action so jumping puts you out the back, where 'Get out' puts you inside. Back in Arma2 I made it so when you got ready to jump, you were attached to the cargo floor and could run out the back to jump. I may resurrect that script in place of two eject points.

But we'll see.

Again, any feedback is appreciated!

When riding in back i sit as the copilot but I assume if more people get in they will sit in back then. One thing, Could you make it so the guys in the back can access the C-130s inventory while sitting so they can grab a chute. This is another kind of challenge but since the parachute replaces the backpack, would there be any way to have the guys wear the chute in their back and have the backpack in front of them like in real life?

When riding in back i sit as the copilot but I assume if more people get in they will sit in back then. One thing, Could you make it so the guys in the back can access the C-130s inventory while sitting so they can grab a chute. This is another kind of challenge but since the parachute replaces the backpack, would there be any way to have the guys wear the chute in their back and have the backpack in front of them like in real life?

There's a mod released that allows that to happen, check the forums for that. Should have guys grab the chute prior to take-off. Thank you for reminding me about the two passenger seats in the cockpit, I need to change the way they are defined.

Really nice, thanks Theebu. :)

One video and one error.

Cannot load surface info ebu_c130\DATA\rvmat\armor_30mm_plate.bisurf
Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\data\env_land_co.paa.

I can confirm this errormessages, pls fix this addon is great!

Only client key , so we are unable to run this on our server :(

Cheers and Great work !

. . . . :(

There's a mod released that allows that to happen, check the forums for that. Should have guys grab the chute prior to take-off. Thank you for reminding me about the two passenger seats in the cockpit, I need to change the way they are defined.

Also im having trouble seeing through the pilots hud. Im not sure how it works in real life but im pretty sure the seats can fold in (not sure what to do about the poles in the middle but oh well lol). Any way to have the C-130 convert in to the cargo version instead of having 2 different versions?

Very nice.

Just some notes...Tested it with one player.

If I walk in via the cargo entrance en choose ride in the back..i sit in the coopilot position (in both planes). If i choose "to passenger seat" (while in pilot pos.) i also go to the copilot position.

I had no option (menu) to get the gear up in the transport version. The cargo version is/was no problem.

If i eject the plane while in copilot postion i die.

Plane (only tested the transportversion) doesn't keep altitude. It starts flying at 2100 but as soon the mission start it goes to sealevel ..even with crashes.

It also doesn't follow waypoints..it goes his own route?

Or maybe i miss something/doing something wrong?..i'm just checking out basic stuff.. i think?

Okay, so it seems loading a custom A2 map caused the conflict. :)

@ theebu, as someone who had to deal with similar error messages while porting the F-35B I believe that I can solve the error messages that Tankbuster reported:

The first error is because Armor_23mm_plate.RVMAT is calling for armor_30mm_plate.BISURF instead of armor_23mm_plate.BISURF.

The second error is due to something else calling for an old texture using the Arma 2 file path; I'm guessing a model, since I didn't find this when checking the RVMATs. My personal recommendation here would be to actually use "Community Upgrade Project"'s list of common files between A3 and CA to find the Arma 3 paths and use those; this would have the bonus of allowing you to omit some of the textures or material files from the mod, by calling on the pre-existing Arma 3 versions, to trim down the overall file size.)

do you know how to init the rear door to be open so i can halo jump in a frozen plane using enablesimulation false

The ramp is a bit of an annoyance at the moment. It's too thick to just walk up when it opens. For now sprinting is the easiest way up, but I'll be working on a solution.

Since we have this addon

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24529

- When you have a backpack in ventral position , the player can t run !!!

you better make them through able in walking position

warning, the cannot load "ca/*whatever*/*whatever* references core arma 2 files, you can fix the errors but it totally breaks A3MP compatabillity.

i learned this the hard way in my port

Do you plan on making it work with igi transporting script for the cargo version and maybe some vehicles like quads/fia truck/humvees(when ASM comes out) and etc

Also would you make it so one of the rear seats can have a person stand near the ramp on each side like this?

Chinookramp.jpghttp://www.aviationspectator.com/files/images/C-130-Hercules-001.jpg (123 kB)

Do you plan on making it work with igi transporting script for the cargo version and maybe some vehicles like quads/fia truck/humvees(when ASM comes out) and etc

Also would you make it so one of the rear seats can have a person stand near the ramp on each side like this?

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f278/C9x/Chinookramp.jpghttp://www.aviationspectator.com/files/images/C-130-Hercules-001.jpg (123 kB)

The cargo version was built specifically with the script in mind and I have already written it up to support it. As for those positions, yes I intend at some point to put those in, but that's a feature down the line.

warning, the cannot load "ca/*whatever*/*whatever* references core arma 2 files, you can fix the errors but it totally breaks A3MP compatabillity.
I addressed those in my post, fixing the errors can be done by including and referencing the replaced files or by using their Arma 3 equivalents found in "\a3\data_f\", not a3\data\.

Hi !

At first, we thank you for releasing this awesome airplane that I really missed.

We tried to practice airborne operations and we encountered the following problem : every paratrooper is dying when he's jumping because he strikes the rear part of the airplane.

The freefly trooper appears inside the airplane, and even if the ramp is open, he dies.

On the other hand, the pilot doesn't encounter this problem.

I think that one way to fix that could be to define the same "jumping place" for every passenger exactly where the pilot's "jumping place" is.

After testing, i have this problem too... any information about this ?

Thx for your work !

So depressed

Some how when i eject from transport C-130j at air i died

Ofcouser i was in back sit

and even it cut the ACRE radio range (localmute)

Awesome!

BUT,... Has anyone ever figure out how to get these to FLY and STAY FLYING at 30,000ft for a "True" HALO Jump???

I've been messing with this project for months and months now, and EVERY Aircraft wants to fall back down and

fly TOO LOW for what I'm looking for. I've given up hope and am thinking we have to do a 'trick' of sorts to fake it...

It seems the max height we can get is about 2-3k meters or so, then do a script to plop us up 11K meters somewhere.

Might have to do a script anyways because it seems you always hit the craft on exit which kills ya. :crazy_o:

you can take a look at the HALO script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23113

there they have a chopper (you can change it with the c-130 as i have done) who is put on 2000 meters (height is changable as well ,currently i jump from between 5000 and 10000 meters) and stays there by using a invisible sphere and an attach to command

you better make them through able in walking position

is that a threat?

Check the link addon then you will realize

Realize that its a waste of your time to read the thread and keep ignorant posts to yourself? yeah obviously