Sign in to follow this  
gihzmo

VAS in Zeus

We tried Zeus for the first time last night and had an absolute ball. The one complaint everyone had was they did not have access to VAS. I believe I could make a map or edit an existing Zeus map and ad VAS statically. However, I was wondering if anyone knew a way to add VAS to an object in Zeus.

While on the same subject, but slightly different, is it possible to add other custom items as objects in Zeus? Like other vehicles not currently implemented.

Personally I think this is one of the best things that Bohemia has done for multiplayer Arma 3. Keep up the good work!

When the object is placed, select it and place the addaction in the init, like with the 2D editor.

Edited by Guest

As of now, it isn't possible to add init lines to objects in Zeus, so you can only do so by adding VAS through the 2D editor. Maybe you could move around that object and duplicate it but i'm not sure if the init line will come with it.

Unfortunatley the Zeus ammo boxes don't have an Init line. That said other objects do.

Place an ammo Hemmt and use the init you would in 2d editor...eh voila one vas enabled HEMMT.

ive played on a zeus mission with a VAS, it might have been a static box placed in editor, is there any way to get around having to make it static?

While on the same subject, but slightly different, is it possible to add other custom items as objects in Zeus? Like other vehicles not currently implemented.

If by this you mean modded vehicles that is where you synchronize them with the Zeus mod module, you can either leave those units present or this deletevehicle; to allow zeus to register them, for later use with Zeus.

I was able to get it to work on an empty vehicle (empty vehicles have an Exec field through Zeus). Problem is that its executed locally. :/

An alternative would be to do it like I have it in my mod over here. The way I did it is to avoid exactly the problem here where you have to have the script all the time and you have to be admin and have debug on, etc.

Not sure if this helps but hopefully it get's you on the right track :)