On 17/12/2017 at 6:37 PM, Leviat said:

I have a problem, when I start the mission on my dedicated server, I play, but if the mission starts, the mission is left without anyone and someone tries to enter later, he gets stuck on the "Reciving data" screen and can not join the mission, Do you know what it can be?

I am having the same problem ..

An extremely late reply, if i may help review your server's rpt, it should give you an idea on whats going on with the mission.

I'm guessing that ACE3 Compatability is still WIP?

Also since VCOM seems to be a OK'd optional mod, would running the script be fine as well?

Yeah I kinda stopped with the ACE compatibility (at least for now). It should work fine with ACE; it checks if the server/players have ACE running and won't run certain scripts if ACE is running. As far as VCOM, if you add the VCOM scripts, do not run the mod version -- VCOM will run twice (or more) if the mod AND script are both used.

I recently discovered this marvelous mission !! Thx for sharing with the community.

One suggestion for small group: add a parameter for all to speak Takistanese (ie "UAVHacker" for everybody).

Sometime it's really hard to pinpoint the "gather intel" action on old mobile but I guess it's a engine issue.

Please, can anyone help me? the gray effect on the screen makes my game get very bad performance, does anyone know how to slow it down, or delete it?

@phronk we are trying to get on our server, but once we load it up and start the mission we are stuck on intro... also noticed that we are a seagul when the intro keeps us like that..
is the mission broken because client side it works just fine

@J.Lourens

Please read the ReadMe.txt file included!  Be sure to add -autoInit to your server's init command line and add persistent=1; to your server's server.cfg to fix the seagull issue.  Please report any issues you have with the mission.

@Tan Matos 

I apologize for the late reply, but I've never experienced that issue. The Arma 2 style colors is a simple color-correction post-process effect, it just changes the colors and shouldn't effect your performance at all -- especially in a way that'd be noticeable. I'll check to see if there are any potential issues with the injury script that might be causing it with the pain effects.

@J.Lourens Adding -autoinit to the server's command line might be enough, but I recommend also including persistent=1; to the cfg just in case. It's a simple workaround. Persistent=1 in  the Server.CFG lets the mission continue to run after it has been started, regardless if players are in the mission or not. Otherwise, the mission will end when there are 0 players in the server. -AutoInit in the server's command line tells the server to run the mission as soon as the server is up, without requiring players to join first.

I hate double-posting, but I may have fixed the bug -- only took 2 years! I apparently was stupid enough to set the "Presence Probability" for all playable units to 0% and false. It is an easy fix; open the mission in the editor and double-click each unit and set their presence to 100% and the condition to true. Then save/export to multiplayer and test.

This should fix the seagul bug without needing to touch your server CFG or command line.

• Like 2

I need some help

I tried to run this on a dedicated server with mixed results.

I can get the mission itself and so on to run with no problems, but the major problem is that the spawn is blocked off by barracks.

Am I supposed to use an earlier version of cup_terrains? That's what I'm suspecting at least.

The version of Prhonk Takistan Insurgency I'm using is 1i, 12.1.2016

Here's the mods I'm using alongside the mission:

@ace; (version 3.12.6)

@ACE_Compat_AFRF;

@ACE_Compat_GREF;

@ACE_Compat_USAF;

@CBA_A3; (version 3.10.1)

@CUP_Terrains_ACE_compat; (version 1.12.0)

@CUP_Terrains_Core; (version 1.12.0)

@CUP_Terrains_Maps; (version 1.12.0)

@CUP_Units; (version 1.12.0)

@CUP_Vehicles; (version 1.12.0)

@CUP_Vehicles_ACE_compat; (version 1.12.0)

@CUP_Weapons; (version 1.12.0)

@CUP_Weapons_ACE_compat; (version 1.12.0)

@RHSAFRF;

@RHSGREF;

@RHSUSAF;

@TalibanFighters;

@task_force_radio (version 0.9.12)

The latest released version is the one in linked on Google Drive, TakIns_1L.Takistan.pbo, found in the first post of this thread. Unfortunately the Armaholic version is outdated and is probably the cause.

phronk dident you start making a server just like this years ago when you where in a Mil-Sim unit? I swear i remember you saying you where gonna make one and your name then was F.Hutzler lol. I think Smock was in it and also White and Fowler?

Yep!

As far as the Insurgency server, I still run it but usually it's locked because I use it to mainly test stuff I'm working on. I am working on a giant overhaul for Takistan Insurgency but it won't be ready for a while.

• Like 1

nice bro if you ever want someone to help test add me on steam its UncleSam978 or OldRed im trying to get the old group back together and see if they all wanna roll some time!

Hey Guys!

Is there any way to save the mission status?  

Thx

There's still no saved-progression in Insurgency. Some day, maybe. 😉

Is it possible to replace enemy assets with rhs assets. I dont like to use cup and wasnt sure if there was a way to go in and change those assets over without messing up any other scripting

Super late response but my mission should automatically support RHS US and RF. Same goes for CUP. If you run CUP and RHS (Which I do not recommend) then it should always prioritize using RHS assets.

So I´m still having the seagull issue. @phronk
Mods loaded are: CUP-Terrains Core and CUP-Terrains Maps

Funnily enough when I open the mission in editor and play in local multiplayer it all seems fine. Put it on the dedibox and its just fucked.
Version used is TakIns_1L

I fixed it in the next version (Whenever it'll be ready for release, IDK) but the fix was a couple things if I remember right; click on each player unit and edit them: make sure their probability to exist in the mission is 100% instead of 0%. On top of that, I think I had to delete everything in the mission.sqm in the "intro { blah blah blah};". Can't remember if I did anything else, I believe that fixed it.

Hey there, I am asking about the medical system as well. You mentioned I can edit the damage settings in the editor, I have been unable to find what to change. I use the ACE3 Advanced Medical, and do not like the default Arma revive and downing system. Where would I change this setting at in the Eden editor or with just config stuff? Thanks, awesome mission file on my favorite map!