I've been using that system in the mission for a long time.  In fact, it's still in.  I'm just considering removing/replacing it as an experiment to determine if it is related to the crashing.  I'll most likely leave it in for this upcoming update, but I do have plans on replacing it with a simpler system without as many redundant functions. (i.e. AI compatibility isn't necessary)

I don't actually want to play it alone. I want to play it with AI teammates. Is that possible?

Here's a cheeky little way to get an AI team in a mission without one. If you use MCC, open it and spawn a group from the same faction as you. Then select  on yourself (your unit on the MCC map) make a "Join and lead" waypoint that is very close to the AI units you spawned by double clicking near them and selecting from the menu that appears.So long as the waypoint is within about 15mtrs of the ai they will run to it and when you get there they will join your group.

• Like 1

Here's a cheeky little way to get an AI team in a mission without one. If you use MCC, open it and spawn a group from the same faction as you. Then select on yourself (your unit on the MCC map) make a "Join and lead" waypoint that is very close to the AI units you spawned by double clicking near them and selecting from the menu that appears.So long as the waypoint is within about 15mtrs of the ai they will run to it and when you get there they will join your group.

I've been meaning to try out MCC for quite some time but have held off due to how complicated it looks to learn. :(

Though I do plan on trying it. It offers several features which I think will spice up the missions I'm making.

I think if Phronk doesn't implement an AI recruit feature, the easiest way for me to do it myself would be to unpack the mission in the editor and use SpyderAddon's recruit AI module which is as simple as plunking it down, choosing the faction, and syncing to an object. I just generally prefer to play people's missions as closely as intended by the author (for balancing and stability reasons) so if he comes up with his own, that would be nice but I can see either option doing the trick (MCC or SpyderAddons).

I've been using that system in the mission for a long time.  In fact, it's still in.  I'm just considering removing/replacing it as an experiment to determine if it is related to the crashing.  I'll most likely leave it in for this upcoming update, but I do have plans on replacing it with a simpler system without as many redundant functions. (i.e. AI compatibility isn't necessary)

you`re right,i was confused about another mission i guess.

Hello guys. Grat mission enjoying it very much and running on our clan server weekdays and no performance issues or whatsoever. Just one thing. And I've tried searching this forum before I posted but BIS wont let me search under 4 characters in this topic when I want to search for GPS or MAP :)   How can I disable the radar kinda thing when I press ctrl+m and get the standart arma gps instead. Thank you Hustler for the great mission and keeping it Alive free :)

i`m a bit out of the loop here,anyone managed to update AIS (meaning,add the newest version from a few days ago to this mission here) ? 

edit: i`d also like to report that the hideObjectGlobal additions on the last page do not work properly on my side,no idea if its eden related but the units do not get visible at all and 

i get a black box with error on line 36&37 "missing ;". To be precise,it does throw up an error once reaching the line " _unit setBehavior "SAFE"; "

edit 2: upon commenting both instances of  setBehavior out,it works as intended. still weird,no?

edit 3: phronk,you asked for suggestions a while back,i have two :

1.Squadleader should be able to call emergency evac chopper (AI) that extracts his squad

2.There should be a civilian kill counter with some sort of special enemy squad spawning around the person that exceeds the RoG limit of civilian casualties

Hello guys. Grat mission enjoying it very much and running on our clan server weekdays and no performance issues or whatsoever. Just one thing. And I've tried searching this forum before I posted but BIS wont let me search under 4 characters in this topic when I want to search for GPS or MAP :)   How can I disable the radar kinda thing when I press ctrl+m and get the standart arma gps instead. Thank you Hustler for the great mission and keeping it Alive free :)

Thank you and I'm glad you're enjoying the mission!  To replace the squad indicator with the GPS, go into the mission's description.ext file and change showGroupIndicator=1; to showGroupIndicator=0;

I had enabled it to enforce land navigation in the mission, but even I am finding the squad indicator to not be very practical.  It'll be reverted back to a GPS in the next update.

I made good functional use of the hideObjectGlobal command and it works fine with the behavior reanimation.

As for your requests, I'll have to add them to my To Do List.  I don't think I'll add a civilian kill counter, but I might try to add a global chat message that is broadcasted to all players to inform everyone who killed a civilian upon civilian death.

I've been MIA due to upgrading my PC yet again, but I've done more tiny optimizations and other little changes in the meantime.  Still need to add a script which saves/loads the player's gear when he dies/respawns.  Once that's implemented, the updated mission will be ready to be released publicly.

• Like 1

Yeah,don`t stress it,i was just suggesting. Still don`t know where these errors/unusual behavior is coming from tho

Is there any reason for still using the AIA TP instead of the CUP terrains since I can't find the AIA TP being hosted anywhere that wont take like 2 weeks to download. :)

Maybe a collection on steam for all the mods would be possible?

also, is it supposed to be a greyish tint to the mission and is it possible to maybe turn it off through the parameters?

I'm still using AiA_TP because there is a much smaller "LITE" version which is better for performance and easier for people to download.  Also, it's compatible with clients who have CUP_Terrains, whereas CUP_Terrains does not have a lite version, is still less complete than AiA_TP/has more bugs, and clients who have AiA_TP cannot connect if CUP_Terrains is used by the host.

I will switch to CUP_Terrains when it is less buggy and hopefully includes a lite version also.  Until then, AiA_TP is the much better alternative IMO.

• Like 1

Shouldn`t this be switchable without problems anyway? I`m not at home to check but the mission should load just fine,no matter if you are using CUP or AiA

I enabled CUP_Terrains instead of AiA_TP and was able to open and save the mission.  When I turned off CUP_Terrains after saving the mission with it enabled (i​t automatically made itself a dependency)​ and enabled AiA_TP, I was unable to open the mission with CUP as a mod dependency.

I enabled CUP_Terrains instead of AiA_TP and was able to open and save the mission.  When I turned off CUP_Terrains after saving the mission with it enabled (i​t automatically made itself a dependency)​ and enabled AiA_TP, I was unable to open the mission with CUP as a mod dependency.

Every time I've tried this I've had the exact same result (on my own missions).

CUP is too buggy and without the ability to try it and change back without having to delete entities in the mission.sqm, it's simply not worth the risk. Not yet, at least.

Exactly.  I'll switch to CUP Terrains in the future when it is more complete.

[Development Update]

1. I'm not sure if I'll be implementing a system that automatically saves/loads your gear upon respawning because I haven't come up with a successful script for it yet.  It'll make it into another update though.

2. At this point I am testing the mission for stability; memory crashes and script errors mainly.  So far there are only a few minor script errors.  There might be a chance for a memory crash when using Taliban Fighters, but I've only experienced it once so far.

3. Aside from testing, I'm also tweaking and finalizing information in the mission briefing, readme file, and a few other small things.  Expect a release soon.

4. There is only one​ major issue that has come up which I'm working on fixing: intel objects (S​uitcase, laptop, documents, etc.) have lost their addActions and ability to provide intel.  However, intel is still acquirable by questioning civilians and gathering intel from dropped briefcases by dead insurgents.

• Like 3

when I recruit Ai teammates, they appear in my group, but do not follow me when I move!! anyone can help me??

The playable units in the mission have "doStop this; this forceSpeed 0;" which prevents them from moving.  I did it to make testing in SP less laggy for myself.  Just remove that from their inits and it should be fine.  Otherwise, I'm not sure.

• Like 1

The playable units in the mission have "doStop this; this forceSpeed 0;" which prevents them from moving.  I did it to make testing in SP less laggy for myself.  Just remove that from their inits and it should be fine.  Otherwise, I'm not sure.

I found this two in init of playable soldiers "doStop this; and commandStop (units player);" i removed them all and even so not worked. Whem i create an Ai teammate they still don't follow me.

Similar commands might also be in the initPlayerLocal.sqf to keep players from constantly reporting in giving regroup orders.​

• Like 1

Similar commands might also be in the initPlayerLocal.sqf to keep players from constantly reporting in giving regroup orders.​

That's it, still had a "commandStop (unity player);" in this script ... now its all fine!! thx.

No problem!

Also, I've delayed the release of the mission (obviously) because of two or three somewhat minor bugs:

• Sometimes intel objects spawned in buildings do not have an addAction to "Gather Intel"
  • When a player acquires intel in any way (House object intel, dropped briefcase, or questioning civilians) the "I've obtained Taliban INTEL!" notification is only seen by the player who gets the intel
  • Minarets aren't playing Call To Prayer sound

I also have not included an AI recruitment script because I'm considering doing the next update (or separate version) which will focus on something like that in a more rewarding way for smaller groups/solo players.

• Like 2

Phronk tried to add you on steam.  when do you plan to finish the mission.  Can you make a github or do you have one so we can work together and get everyone interested in getting this mission working together? im from old milgo and now meatbags.

I would like to put a team together similar to the one we had before when working on the arma 2 version and get this mission off the ground.  having a pvpe ver of insurgency that works well in arma 3 has been a dream for a long time now. 

Phronk tried to add you on steam.  when do you plan to finish the mission.  Can you make a github or do you have one so we can work together and get everyone interested in getting this mission working together? im from old milgo and now meatbags.

I would like to put a team together similar to the one we had before when working on the arma 2 version and get this mission off the ground.  having a pvpe ver of insurgency that works well in arma 3 has been a dream for a long time now. 

/salute

MilGo made me love modded ArmA and sparked the love for Insurgency aswell.Loved the MilGo attachment system,sweet times

I'm still working on the mission actively and trying to fix bugs.  Hit a bit of a roadblock with the minor bugs I reported in my last post, I just can't seem to fix it or make a work-around yet.  In the meantime, I'm making tweaks to the mission and am even trying to introduce random side objectives.

This mission will gradually introduce more hardcore playstyle features like more role specializations, limited vehicles/equipment, etc. but I'd like to finish adding the fundamental features and polish them first.

As for getting help with this mission and setting up a GitHub, I'll consider setting a GitHub when I release this version of Takistan Insurgency.  It should help people passively/casually report bugs, make feature requests, and even provide their own suggested fixes/additions through it.  I do need scripting help with random side objectives, improving ambient civilians (giving them activities and more variety of ambient actions), full headless client support, and a few other smaller things to get out of the way.

If any of you are capable of scripting and believe you can actually help in that way, contact me via PM on this forum or catch me on my TeamSpeak (info in signature)

Hey Phronk,

I just bought a server at Vilayer. 

And ive done what is needed. Put the mission pbo in/mpmissions. Putted the addons in the commandline @mod etc. And i also put the pbo in the server config. But still, no matter what i do. I get stuck on the loading screen with Stratis?. I've tried with only the mission pbo alone. So no addons. But it still just stops at the loading screen when joining my server. 

What could cause this? My RTP isnt showing any erros( that i know of lol)

Hey Phronk,

I just bought a server at Vilayer. 

And ive done what is needed. Put the mission pbo in/mpmissions. Putted the addons in the commandline @mod etc. And i also put the pbo in the server config. But still, no matter what i do. I get stuck on the loading screen with Stratis?. I've tried with only the mission pbo alone. So no addons. But it still just stops at the loading screen when joining my server. 

What could cause this? My RTP isnt showing any erros( that i know of lol)

issues like this are usually caused by something wrong in the server.cfg, ensure these things are set correctly

class Missions {
     class whatever {
          template="my_mission.Altis";       // ensure this doesnt end in .pbo, common error. ensure it ends in .worldname
          difficulty="regular";
     };
};
missionWhitelist[] = {"my_mission.Altis"};