well, one thing I can tell you for sure: I am never installing A3MP on my computer again. I'll look into thie AiA thing, but I'm sure it's just as bad

@sorophx

No mate, besides terrains, mods are optional now as of version 0_99. You can enable unit/vehicle combinations in lobby parameters. Just know that the mec choices no longer work properly because Drongo switch weapon dependancies from massi to cup in last @mec mod update. My new soon to be released version has fixed this. I've not finished ported to all island version yet, except Takistan. On Armaholic the list of depenancies is inaccurate. You can try lastest version of Tak v_992 if you like here. It has some cool new features and a couple of minor bug fixes. New revive system option of BTC Quick revive is currently untested in MP. Version 1 will include AI recruitment lobby option to compliment BTC quick revive.

@Phronk good to see you back bud.

thanks for your answer. if AiA allows installing only Takistan, I'll definitely try your mission out

Currently working on other versions of Insurgency, basically porting Prien's latest version he sent me to different maps to see what's doable. So far, Fallujah and Baghdad look like poor candidates for an Insurgency mission due to most buildings not having valid building "Positions" numbers in them to spawn units in. Even the enterable buildings added from mods and ArmA 1 don't seem to spawn enemies or civilians. With that said, I'm sticking to porting the mission over to Clafghan. I'll have two versions: Script Version (Only requires AiA/A3MP and Clafghan) and a AGM Version (Requires CBA_A3, AiA/A3MP, and AGM). I'd like to make CAF Aggressors optional in both versions like Jigsor has.

Not sure how you are populating the buildings in Fallujah, but some are enterable and the last AIA update made some buildings from A1 used in Fallujah enterable and added interiors. With eos they are spawning inside and on rooftops of enterable buildings just fine on my end.

Currently working on other versions of Insurgency, basically porting Prien's latest version he sent me to different maps to see what's doable. So far, Fallujah and Baghdad look like poor candidates for an Insurgency mission due to most buildings not having valid building "Positions" numbers in them to spawn units in. Even the enterable buildings added from mods and ArmA 1 don't seem to spawn enemies or civilians. With that said, I'm sticking to porting the mission over to Clafghan. I'll have two versions: Script Version (Only requires AiA/A3MP and Clafghan) and a AGM Version (Requires CBA_A3, AiA/A3MP, and AGM). I'd like to make CAF Aggressors optional in both versions like Jigsor has.

AGM on Takistan insurgency? OMG! i cant wait for it mate! TY for your hard work!:inlove:

As said, the only thing I am missing from your version right now is a fix for the intel problems.

The ones where there is a chance that the intel will bug out and be placed at the bottom left corner of the map. So what I would need from your version is a fix for that and maybe the option that when intel is collected it will give one a marker for a random cache. Right now intel will always be placed around one specific cache unt il it is destroyed.

When it comes to new maps, I would like to see your Insurgency on Zargabad and Clafghan.

I've been working on sort of an experimental version set in Clafghan, using ALiVE again with EOS and AGM. I'm using ALiVE to spawn civilians, IEDs, and some other typical features. EOS is used to spawn enemies within red grid squares. Some of the scripts have been updated by Prien =GIR= and I haven't noticed any major issues yet that the past Takistan Insurgency verisons suffered from.

I genuinely believe that Jigsor's version of Takistan Insurgency is far more modular and scripted cleaner than mine will ever be, but my version will still be continued because I enjoy working on it and experimenting with it a lot. Splitting up scripted and modded versions of the mission for each map is going to be a huge pain in the ass, though. With that said, after I create two versions for Takistan, I'll probably just stick with a simple modded version for the other maps (AiA_TP, AGM, CAF_AG, and maaaaybe ALiVE ). I know everyone wants modded vehicles, units, and weapons in the modded version, but quite frankly I think it's a huge turnoff when I see a mission that requires more than 3 or 4 mods. If you want additional addon content added to the mission, the mission will be released as an open-source template for other mission designers to modify; you have the freedom to do it yourself.

Oh, and I'm going to be updating my YouTube channel with a few more Insurgency related videos soon. Share your ideas and criticisms! Apologies for the long post!

Before I commit to working towards a release for Takistan Insurgency, I'd like to know what would be most ideal for you guys in the script version (Doesn't require CBA_A3, AGM, or ALiVE) since I was considering making a vanilla version for people who don't use gameplay enhancing addons, such as AGM or CSE, which would mean I could add civilian interaction scripts, scripted wound/injury system, and more. Less addons means the mission will be ideal for vanilla players to host/connect/play without having to go through the hassle of downloading additional addons.

You can host it as a LAN game, so yes. However, I have no idea how well the latest released version performs. A lot has changed in the current version I've been working on.

EricJ is working on an insurgency mission for that map. But I might think about it some time in the future.

I've replaced CAF Aggressors requirement with RHS and Leight's Opfor Pack. If really needed, I can make a separate version that uses CAF Aggressors and does not require RHS/Leight's Opfor Pack.

Been working a lot on the mission and playtesting it for bugs/performance. So far so good. Some minor bugs, like the mission not ending when all caches are destroyed and players not receiving a hint when they destroy a cache. I'm looking into it. I may do a release soon, after I reorganize the markers on the map (Rename them all from left to right in numerical order). I really wanted to try to some how add more interaction with civilians and make their ambiance more lively, but for now this can be looked at as a long overdue update. Expect an update before the weekend.

Hi.

First off, great job with porting this to Arma 3 it's realy one of the best game modes in armaverse.

Secondly I have a bit of trouble with it. I'm running the mission with only requierd addons and still VAS, scroll menu Settings, and such don't work at all.

I downloaded the mission from Armaholic yesterday so it should be the latest.

Help me, to make this work, please and thank you. ;)

Edited by Sahbazz

The current released version is very outdated. The new version which I'll be uploading tonight or tomorrow will bring a lot of fixes and replace VAS with the Virtual Arsenal. Not really sure how you downloaded this mission from ArmAholic, since my insurgency mission isn't up there yet. Maybe you played some other insurgency mission?

Pre-Alpha 1.0f

Size: 925 KB

Download Link

[ADD-ON DEPENDENCIES: AiA_TP ; CBA_A3 ; AGM ; RHS: Escalation ; Leight's OPFOR Pack]

ADDITIONS

• Added: More colored grid squares to clear
  • Added: More random insurgent patrols throughout the map
  • Added: EOS now spawns civilians instead of COS
  • Added: Suicide bombers
  • Added: Ghost's 'ghst_civcars.sqf' to the mission (Parked cars have a random chance to have a VBIED)
  • Added: Civilians now have the possibility of being a threat by pulling out a concealed weapon (Thanks to PrienU24)
  • Added: Randomization of insurgent clothing and headwear (Thanks to deza and djotacon)
  • Added: Chance for insurgent to drop intel when killed (Thanks to PrienU24)
  • Added: AGM modules to report friendly-fire incidents, respawn with your gear, simplified AGM medical system, player name tags within 10 meters, and repair module
  • Added: Virtual Arsenal
  • Added: More object variety for roadside IEDs (Removed ArmA 3 wrecks and a couple tiny items from list)

ADJUSTMENTS

• Tweak: Increased number of IEDs
  • Tweaked: Increased difficulty and armor of insurgents
  • Tweak: Increased chance of grid spawning static weapons, armor, and helicopters
  • Tweak: BangaBob's COS script no longer spawns civilian pedestrians or drivers, but still spawns parked cars
  • Tweak: Grid squares become active when within 700 meters of them, up from 500
  • Tweak: Various parameters of insurgents and civilians for every colored grid marker (How many spawn, spawn chance, combination of units, etc.)
  • Tweak: All players have the same default radio frequency
  • Adjustment: Size and location of some colored grid square markers
  • Adjustment: Size and location of random roadside IED markers
  • Adjustment: Slightly reduced overcast values
  • Optimization: Reorganized order markers in EOS script are loaded (Markers are loaded from left to right, instead of random)
  • Fixed: Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta are now organized alphabetically in the lobby
  • Fixed: Alignment of most colored grid squares
  • Fixed: Script errors related to respawn script
  • Fixed: Task Force Arrowhead Radio now spawns the radio crate more accurately on the marker
  • Replaced: Defusal Kit (AGM) is now required to disarm IEDs, instead of a ToolKit
  • Replaced: Default ArmA 3 vehicles with RHS vehicles
  • Replaced: CAF Aggressors addon dependency with Leight's OPFOR Pack
  • Replaced: Most default ArmA 3 civilian vehicles with RHS/LOP civilian vehicles
  • Changed: Reorganized most of the contents in mission folder
  • Changed: New addon dependencies: AGM, RHS, and Leight's Opfor Pack (A less modded version will be worked on as well)
  • Changed: Wind direction

REMOVED

• Removed: VAS script from the mission
  • Removed: Placeholder addAction from all civilian vehicles spawned by COS

NOTE: As always, I appreciate all feedback I can get. Please read the README.txt contained in the download!

If feedback is positive, I'll work on releasing a less modded version (CAF Aggressors instead of RHS: Escalation and Leight's OPFOR Pack). I could remove AGM from the less modded version too, but would really rather leave it in there. Thoughts?

Thanks and enjoy!

having so many dependencies only means that less and less people can play your mission. having AiA TP is bad enough, but all the other ones made my friends bail on this mission, because they refuse to download so much stuff :(

I plan on adding a version that uses CAF Aggressors instead of RHS and Leight's OPFOR Pack. But I don't think removing AGM is a good idea. Besides, if you don't use AGM by now, you're doing it wrong anyway. CBA is pretty much a requirement for most good mods out. RHS seems popular, so I included it, but I do agree it's too big for a requirement aside from AiA_TP so I'll be making a version which doesn't use it. I'm not sure when that will be released. Maybe some time during the week.

Besides, if you don't use AGM by now, you're doing it wrong anyway.

I could argue this, but this isn't the right place for that kind of stuff, so let's just agree to disagree :o

Thanks for the update,really appreciated

But I don't think removing AGM is a good idea. Besides, if you don't use AGM by now, you're doing it wrong anyway.

while thos gentlemen are quick with fixing errors, this can break big once the Marksman DLC comes out and knowing your pace to release updates it will break the mission again for months.no offense there but i doubt telling others that they`re doing it wrong if X is appropiate.

Awesome work man! We've been playing your mission since the first version and we really love the new improvements. We don't care about the depencies, there are a lot of insurgency missions on the forums but they all lack realism/gameplay; you should keep focusing on making the best Insurgency and not the easiest-to-install.

We have noticed two things with the newest version. One is that the aircraft/uav are gone, we used to do a lot of CAS-action so we would love to have airplanes in the future.

I released the mission open-sourced. Don't like the addons I used in the mission, but like the mission? Change the classnames of the units used in the mission to vanilla (or whatever you want) and delete the "RHS_..." and/or "LOP..." addons in the two addon lists at the top of the "mission.sqm" file. However, you'll have to also change the classnames of the units spawned in EOS and also the "RandomizeMiOPFOR.sqf" script (located in the "EOS\functions\" folder in the mission) to change the classnames of items used for clothing, headgear, and I think weapons too.

It's tedious work, but isn't difficult to do. I'll do it myself eventually/soon, but otherwise you'll have to do it yourself. You can do literally anything you want with the mission. But if you want to publicly publish the mission as your own after you've made edits, you'd have to consult with me first. (Hosting it edited version on your server is fine, just don't upload to ArmAholic for example)

I'm just finishing up a version that updates the RHS units and all that in the base with the new RHS pack. I'll see if I can add aircraft and UAVs too. I help run a small group that uses an Altis version of this on our server that doesn't have air vehicles, since "pubbers" love to crash and burn any aircraft with guns on them immediately. Will try to update the mission today.

Thanks for the kind words and suggestions! Just keep in mind that the download includes the mission file to let you edit it in the editor yourself, too, to your liking. ;)

Thanks for your reply. I'm a software engineer myself so the programming shouldn't be a problem. The main problem was with the map editor, I spent about half a hour trying to get the aircraft at the right spot. Do you use any 3d-edit tools to get the objects where they should be, or is it plain trial and error?