Hi,

We were playing the missions this weekend intensively. Up to 10 players were playing and it works fine. Smooth and fast. Without problems.

As we play in a close server I did some change to the missions:

- I put the tag name of the players. It is a system that put the name only if the player is close and in front of you.

- I change the number of enemies and their skills, in the EOS config file.

- I put one new huge marker that cover all Takinstan in order to spawn random patrols between towns (it can affect the performance, but we usually play less than 20 players). It is a way to have random encounters when you hare travelling, and some times a shock for pilots.

- And more random IEDs.

- Also I change some of the wound system, I was working about mantain the weapons in a respawn or change de system to de BTC Revive. I think thay the best way its a mixcture. Both have good ideas.

I am thinking to port the missions to Zargabad, any tip?. Do you think that COS works well?. I only have to make a new base and change the markers? ALIVE scripts works there?

I think that the mission its a good way to train and my Clan and I play a lot!

If we found something I will post it to you.

Thx again!

The next version of Takistan Insurgency (Pre-Alpha 1.0e) will redo the amounts of enemies and civilians dynamically for every marker. There is also more random patrols that may or may not spawn, to make it more challenging to find a good overwatch position or even for pilots to navigate safely. What's holding me back from releasing it at the moment is that I am learning to add pre-mission Parameters that the host of the mission can set, such as choosing the time of day the mission starts, the overcast, maybe the fog, disable/enable civilians, and enable/disable Aggressors (Disabled Aggressors would spawn CSAT instead). The other two parameters that are already in the mission (Intel spawns and cache spawns) will remain.

There's a good deal of changes and improvements in the mission, including performance improvements in many areas. I'm currently working on the mission with the following addons:

• ArmA 3 Map Pack (@A3MP) - Adds vanilla ArmA 2 and ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead maps to ArmA 3
  • A2 Island Fixes - Fixes and improves a lot of things in A3MP
  • A2 Lighting Fixes - Restores the ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead Takistan lighting, fog, and skybox in A3MP's Takistan
  • CAF Aggressors (@CAF_AG) - Adds three new insurgent factions, including a new civilian faction (Middle Eastern insurgents and local civilians)

The only requirements will be A3MP and CAF_AG. If you wish to not use Aggressors, I'll either have a parameter that the host of the mission can choose in the lobby before the mission starts to enable/disable them, or I'll just release a version that doesn't use Aggressors at all. I'll be making a video or two today about the mission and how you might be able to sort of port it.

Hey', again tonight played on your mission, awesome lile yesterday ! :D

But one question, it is possible to have the spawn of the OPFOR BEFORE we enter in the red zone ? Like maybe 200/300m ? Sorry for the language, English is not my native language ^^" I hope you see what I mean !

The script already spawns enemies when you are outside of the zone. If you are within 500 meters of a red grid square, insurgents will spawn in them. Some reason there seems to be a delay, but it may be an ArmA issue; I've seen multiple tickets and threads talking about the game or server choking when AI is spawned, especially in groups larger than a fireteam.

I attempted to explain how to port the mission, but it turned out to be a bad instructional and so I deleted it. I'll try to get one setup another time.

But, I did record and upload a video of me testing Takistan Insurgency in the dedicated server. Performance stutters usually aren't as bad when I am not recording, unless players are activating multiple zones around the map.

Note the post-processing affects. I'm using A3MP, A2 Island Fixes, and A2 Lighting Fixes as well. Several other semi-unrelated mods are also in use in the video.

All mods enabled:

• Community Base Addons - ArmA 3
  • Task Force Arrowhead Radio
  • ArmA 3 Map Pack
  • A2 Island Fixes
  • A2 Lighting Fixes
  • CAF Aggressors
  • ATCAG Mod Pack 1:
    • ASDG Attachments
    • ASDG Joint Rails
    • Benelli M4 Super 90 Pack
    • FHQ Accessories
    • Flashbang
    • RH M4/M16 Pack
    • AV IND US Army Uniforms Pack (Without weapon PBOs)

[*]ATCAG Mod Pack 3:

• Authentic Gameplay Modification (Without medical PBOs)
    • BHC Map Contour
    • Breaching Charges (In-house addon)
    • Backpack Capacity Increased (In-house addon)
    • cTAB
    • Fluid Door/Hatch Opening
    • Helmet Mounted IR Strobes
    • Weapon Safety
    • Mag Repack
    • Map Textures
    • RQ-11B Raven
    • Rubber Duck (In-house addon)
    • SDV Speed (In-house addon)
    • Tao Foldmap A3
    • TAW View Distance
    • VTS Gesture

[*]JSRS 2.2

[*]Saku Keys - Advanced Interaction Mod

[*]ASR AI 3

When would this new update come out? My friends and I are really looking forward to playing.

Also, when I downloaded the latest version, it loaded only the town nearest to the airbase with civilians. All the other towns were empty, no AI at all. Is that a glitch or am I missing something? I also remember when I first downloaded this it used the CAF Aggressors, the civilians spawned were the standard game civilians.

Edited by Whiskey001

I'm aiming to make a release this weekend or some time next week. Still need to test if the Mission Parameters options work. Once one of the testers have confirmed that they can choose mission starting parameters, and that it isn't stuck on default parameters, I'll finish up some final things and make a release soon afterwards.

I believe I've fixed all zones not spawning insurgents/civilians now. However, one lingering issue is that even though I've disabled the HeightLimit for enemy marker spawns, enemies sometimes do not spawn until the aircraft touches the ground around the area. It's not as game-breaking as the zones not working at all, so it may be something I'll have to fix next version.

The only requirement for the mission is A3MP. Having A2 Island Fixes and A2 Lighting Fixes are a plus. The next release will also include a separate optional requirement for CAF Aggressors (Middle Eastern insurgents and civilians). ALiVE is no longer used in the mission, but I may go back to it eventually.

Pre-Alpha 1.0e (Script Version)

Size: 2.63 MB

Download Link

[ADD-ON DEPENDENCIES: A3MP & CAF AG (Optional)]

ADDITIONS

• Added: Ghost's 'ghst_civcars.sqf' to the mission (Parked cars have a random chance to have a VBIED)
  • Added: Two AAF MBT Kuma tanks to the base (Tan color)
  • Added: Two AAF IFV Mora tanks to the base (Tan color)
  • Added: CRV-6e Bobcat support APC to the base (It can be used to repair and refuel)
  • Added: Separate version which uses Ohally's 'Middle Eastern Aggressors' addon to the mission
  • Added: Post-processing effect to have Takistan themed color correction (Special thanks to EvroMalarkey; still needs adjustments)
  • Added: EOS now also spawns civilians in houses (COS spawns civilians and vehicles outside houses; Experimental)
  • Added: 3D call to prayer sound at LoyManara minaret [NEEDS TESTING & FEEDBACK]
  • Added: Pre-mission lobby parameter to change the start time of the mission (select hours from 0100 to 2400) [NEEDS TESTING & FEEDBACK]
  • Added: More red grid squares to clear
  • Added: More random patrols outside of grid squares

ADJUSTMENTS

• Tweaked: All markers now spawn different combinations of units and in different quantities (Larger towns will spawn more than a small village and may have light/heavy armor, static weapons, and helicopter support)
  • Tweaked: Insurgents take 50% less damage in Aggressors version
  • Adjustment: Cleared grid square color changed to BLUFOR color (colorWEST)
  • Adjustment: Enemy gunships may now spawn as an Attack Helicopter role, instead of a Transport Helicopter role
  • Adjustment: Some zones now spawn waves of enemies
  • Adjustment: Increased wind strength and gusts
  • Adjustment: Slightly reduced fog values
  • Adjustment: Slightly reduced brightness in Takistani post-processing effect
  • Optimization: Blacklisted military bases for civilian spawns
  • Optimization: Disabled civilian town/population information in the lower-right hand corner
  • Fixed: Grid squares no longer have a height limit (Air vehicles flying high can activate) to be activated now - (Still wonky with air vehicles)
  • Changed: Reorganized most of the contents in mission folder
  • Changed: Wind direction

REMOVED

• Removed: Markers for some villages that used to not have names
  • Removed: Overcast (A2 Island Fixes and A2 Lighting Fixes remove clouds)
  • Removed: Waves
  • Removed: Placeholder addAction from all civilian vehicles spawned by COS

NOTE: This version is released early due to lack of tester feedback. I currently need feedback to know if hosts can change the mission parameters in the lobby before the mission is started, and if the Call to Prayer script works in LoyManara. Any other feedback is also very much appreciated!

Edited by Phronk

Phronk,

Great changes!

We are going to test it this weekend.

Thx from Spanish Clan GIR.

Forgot to also update the download link and information in the first post. It is now corrected and up-to-date.

I have a problem with new version - mission always starts at night. Maybe because I do not load A2 Lighting Fixes & A2 Island Fixes ??

MacintoshRUS: If the mission is hosted by a client or dedicated server, the default time of day should be 06:00. Otherwise, if singleplayer, it will stay at 00:00. If you host the mission, does it allow you to change the time parameter at all?

@PrienU24: Thanks for the report. Will work on fixing those now!

Any chance of releasing the Call to Prayer as its own script package for other mission makers to utilize?

If I can get it to work, it will be in the open-source version of the mission. The script and sound is taken from an old ArmA 1 template mission, made by Shadow.D. ^BOB^. I may need to change the "mp_say_3d_fnc" line to playSound3D or say3D. Anyone know if they are MP synchronized/compatible?

[EDIT]

Added a StrawPoll link in the first post of this thread. Vote for which map you want Takistan Insurgency ported to first!

Vote here!

Edited by Phronk
Added vote link

Hi, I've voted to Zargabad. It is in the default A3MP.

Enviado desde mi GT-P3110 mediante Tapatalk

Phronk,

My mates run the missions this afternoon and they said to me some error like:

[_gamelogic,"Adhan"]

I can not say more because I did not play the missions. If it repeats I try to take one screenshot.

Other issue,

Code34, the editor who made "War in Takistan" in Arma2, public this script:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168619-Real-Weather-dynamic-weather-for-MP-games

Have you try it? I used it in some missions and it works fine. I now thay Code34 use it in their "Harcore Insurgency".

color are a bit to green...cant find the script on the mission files can you tell me how i can turn this off?

@PrienU24: Yeah, I don't know how to create my own scripts so I decided to just remove the Call to Prayer script from the mission altogether in the next version. As for the weather, currently weather is disabled (Except for wind) due to 3D clouds not existing with the A2 Island Lighting Fixes. Adding overcast would have no effect, but hit performance anyway. If it started to rain, the sky would be clear but raining anyway.

@TheCourierVX: There are a couple commands at the end of all the playable units' init fields that you'll have to remove. Also, in the "common\client\ais_injury\func\fn_impactEffect.sqf" in line #30, you need to set this:

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [0.9, 1, 0, [0.1, 0.1, 0.1, -0.1], [1, 1, 0.8, 0.528],  [1, 0.2, 0, 0]];

To this:

"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 1, 0, [1, 1, 1, 0.0], [1, 1, 1, 1],  [1, 1, 1, 0.0]];

Are the ieds working? I have not found any. Do they spawn on all roads?

---------- Post added at 08:40 ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 ----------

Also, squares don't appear to be going green.