Sorry if I come across as ignorant, but the latest version does not include the aggressors? Only CSAT as opfor? Thanks. I'm genuinely interested in this version of inurgency because it reminds me of the classic A2 pogoman insurgency and my squadmates and I love Altis insurgency and can't wait for the same or similar on Taki. Thanks for your work, waiting for more content!

It does not include the Aggressors by default, but if you want them:

0. Place the Takistan Insurgency folder in the "My Documents\ArmA 3 - Other Profiles\<ProfileName>\missions\" folder

1. Go into the Takistan Insurgency folder

2. Open the EOS folder

3. Open the OpenMe.sqf file in a notepad or notepad ++

4. In the final parameter for each and every marker, set the faction number (faction numbers found in UnitPool.sqf) to 5 - Example:

null = [["mkr15"],[3,1,95],[1,1,60],[0,0,0],[0,0],[0,0],[0,0,0],[[color=red][b]5[/b][/color],0,0,EAST,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;

5. Once you've done that to them all, save the OpenMe.sqf

6. Open the mission in the editor

7. Save and Export to Multiplayer

I think I forgot to release an open sourced version of the mission this time, but if you download PBO manager you should be able to export everything from the mission yourself.

we have to try this new version!

Thx!

Enviado desde mi GT-S5830M usando Tapatalk 2

Phronk,

Looking at OpenMe.sqf I find this two lines:

null = [["mkr43"],[4,1,95],[1,1,75],[1,3,60],[0,0],[0,0],[1,2,30],[4,0,500,INDEPENDENT,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;

(I think it must be: 0,0,500,EAST)

null = [["mkr38"],[5,1,95],[2,2,75],[1,3,60],[1,30],[2,30],[1,30],[0,0,500,EAST,FALSE]] call EOS_Spawn;

(Here needs I think [1,2,30])

Good spot. The 4 faction (FIA) was a test to see if I could get the insurgents to look like FIA instead of CSAT, so the enemy looks more like insurgents while staying vanilla. But they just keep attacking each other instead, even if the side parameter is set to "GUER" or "RESISTANCE."

Hey Phronk,is there a way to hide the intel markers? I am seeing them show up on the map.... I looked through the files and cannot find anything that enables/disables this. I know how to hide the EOS markers...

---------- Post added at 13:46 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

Never mind, i found the script that had the debug code if not played in MP mode. Thanks

Another parameter you can edit if you want Aggressors CIVILIANS is found in the COS folder:

0. Open the Takistan Insurgency mission folder

1. Open the COS folder

2. Open the cosInit.sqf file in notepad or notepad ++

3. Edit line #39 and replace the civilian classnames with Aggressors Middle Eastern Tribal Civilian classnames - Example:

COScivPool =["CAF_AG_ME_CIV","CAF_AG_ME_CIV_02","CAF_AG_ME_CIV_03","CAF_AG_ME_CIV_04"];

4. Open the mission in the editor

5. Save and Export to Multiplayer

[EDIT]

I found more lines that had broken parameters. I'm working on fixing them now. I'm also making an Aggressors version of the mission for those who want to use that version instead.

Do you guys want me to add RDS Tanks, RDS Static Weapons, and Aggressors as a requirement in the other version? I'll have two versions: Vanilla and Modded. The modded one will at least have Aggressors, but without RDS Tanks and RDS Static Weapons, the tanks and static weapons will use vanilla CSAT or AAF tanks and static weapons.

Edited by Phronk

Phronk

I preferred aim the shot to vanilla version, and then make a Agressor Version. Have one perfect insurgency it's a long way and pass to and Agressor Version is an easy thing.

I was trying to solve the problem of the gear and the respawn. The wound system is beautiful but I think that it must change to afford a respawn with the same gear.

I was working with that script:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21334

2014-07-22_00002.jpg

Link to image

Can you help me understand these markers? How can 250 be next to 700? My understanding was each marker shows how far the cache may be? Also does the cache always exist whether markers/intel is found or not? Thanks

---------- Post added at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:12 ----------

Anothner question is there are caches that have the same "Gather Intel" addaction....are these true intel items or caches we should be blowing uP?

They are distance markers that tells you the cache is within that distance. If a marker pops up that says 700m, it means there is a cache within 700 meters of that marker. If there is another one that pops that says 250m, it means the cache is within 250m of that marker.

If the item has the Gather Intel addAction, it is intel. One of the intel items has ammo in it, but it is not a cache. The weapons cache is a long, narrow CSAT special weapons crate.

Thanks! Makes sense.

---------- Post added at 01:41 ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 ----------

Hey Phronk, Whats your restrictions for using your mission and modifying it for the public?

Here's what i've worked on for me personally and was thinking about sharing it if it works for you (SP Mode versions only).

1. This version (scripted) and modifying it for SP use. This means taking your mission template (EOS, Markers, Base template) and using some of my own scripts and addons to enhance it for SP use. This would include respawns, extra vehicles, and etc. (saving most likely still wouldn't work.)

2. ALIVE version. In this model take your Markers and Base templates and again use my common scripts for SP use.

I also created another version where i took your idea of randomly placing caches, but did not use the random intel markers as you did. It really only uses your base template and modified further for extra vehicles and etc...

Of course credits will be given if you decide its fine. Thanks again for this great mission design

My Takistan Insurgency mission is open-source. Edit it as you please! If you redistribute it, you are not required to give me credit for putting the mission together, but I greatly appreciate the recognition for the time I've spent working on the mission and testing it.

I have no problems with you, or anyone else, improving the mission. It's one of the reasons why the mission is open to the public! I want a great Takistan Insurgency mission that I can play that brings back that nostalgic feel from A2:OA. If someone else does it better than me or if I am able to accomplish that myself, I'm a happy guy either way!

As far as development news on the mission on my end, I have plans on adding a lot more parameters to the mission's lobby so that players can adjust how the mission will play out. (Example: Time of day and weather parameters)

If anyone knows how to add 3D MP synchronized sounds to a mission that play once at specific times of the day (I want minarets to play Call To Prayer sounds) I'd be greatly appreciative of your help!

Thanks for your pointers Phronk, we got it working perfect with agressors, those AKs sure do some damage. Does our server need to have Alive mod running? Or we can do without it?

Edited by SOVIETRAT

It does not require ALiVE anymore. I may continue the ALiVE version in the future, but for now, the script version is much more practical and runs better.

[EDIT]

Currently in need of testers who can client host or host on a dedicated server. I'm starting to learn how to add mission parameters to a mission and need someone who can client host or dedicated host the mission to confirm if the parameters even work. I have a dedicated server, but it is usually in use and I don't get to test much stuff on it.

Edited by Phronk
Need testers who can host!

Hey Phronk,

Just wanted to say many thanks for your hard work on this mission. Your code is clean and beautiful. I don't think I've ever had such an easy time understanding what's going on simply by grazing over code. Very easy to personalize for communities.

Highly looking forward to the finished project!

What would I need to do to remove the current injury system so AGM works?

How to remove scripted wounding system:

• 0. Open the Takistan Insurgency mission folder
  • 1. Delete the "ais_injury" folder
  • 2. Open the "init-custom.sqf" file
  • 3. Delete the following lines:
    //by psycho
    ["%1 --- Executing TcB AIS init.sqf",diag_ticktime] call BIS_fnc_logFormat;

// TcB AIS Wounding System --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    if (!isDedicated) then {
    TCB_AIS_PATH = "ais_injury\";
    {[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (if (isMultiplayer) then {playableUnits} else {switchableUnits});		// execute for every playable unit

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach (units group player);													// only own group - you cant help strange group members

//{[_x] call compile preprocessFile (TCB_AIS_PATH+"init_ais.sqf")} forEach [P1,P2,P3,P4,P5,P6,P7,P8,P9,P10,P11,P12,P13,P14,P15,P16,P17,P18,P19,P20,P21,P22,P23,P24,P25,P26];														// only some defined units
    };
    // --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 4. Save and close the "init-custom.sqf"
  • 5. Open the "description.ext" file
  • 6. Delete the lines that have anything to do with "ais":
    class RscTitles
    {
    #include "ais_injury\dialogs\rscTitlesAIS.hpp"
    };

#include "ais_injury\cfgFunctionsAIS.hpp"

• 7. Save and close the "description.ext" file

Should work after that! Hope I explained it straight-forward enough.

Thanks! I always like to ask since I have trouble removing scripts.

Another question, how would I go about porting this over to clafghan? Is it pretty straight forward or is there stuff that requires takistan?

You need to remap all the markers used for EOS. Its not a straight forward port but with some work can be done.

I'm not sure about the markers however...may need to tweak this as well most likely..

It's not as simple as copy and pasting. It is a lot more tedious. I may create a video on how to port it if I get time and feel up to it, sort of as a demonstration or instructional video on how to port Takistan Insurgency into any other map.

Hi ! Awesome work dude, I've tried this mission with my team, awesome mission ! But one or two questions, is it possible to the OPFOR to try to take back the territories with the "basic" script ? (I mean, vanilla mission) or maybe with ALiVE modules it will be possible ? Or patrol ? I hope you know what I mean ^^

It's possible to have the persistant system of ALiVE with the mission ? You know, disconnect and reconnect in the same place, with the same stuff etc, possible to build FOB etc...

Again nice work Sir ! ;)

Glad you guys are enjoying it!

AI RECAPTURING ZONES

Enemies can potentially retake zones you've cleared, usually enemies who have fled the area and/or enemies from another nearby activated grid square. However, in the current released scripted version, enemies will not assault contested areas or areas they've lost from other zones. The ALiVE version, which I'll recontinue working on eventually, does do that. (And more!)

ENEMY PATROLS

Aside from the patrols that wander through grid squares, I've placed over a dozen patrols outside of grid squares that may even have static or shoulder-mounted AT or AA with them. These patrols each have somewhere between a 30% to 45% chance to spawn, keeping it random and dynamic feeling. Most of the patrols will go through some good overwatch positions in the mountains or at least be close enough to reinforce a grid square if it is assaulted. If you have ASR AI3 running on the server (Clients do not require it) this works best.

LOGISTICAL SUPPORT

The mission has scripts that allow pilots to lift vehicles (If it's a large enough helicopter), load objects and static weapons into vehicles, and also construct FOBs or some form of defense. There is a HEMTT with a container on it that should allow you to create stuff with a certain amount of set points.

As far as ALiVE persistence, I haven't played with it, but I'm sure it'd work fine once I release the ALiVE version. The current version does not support ALiVE, due to several reasons, including terrible performance.

Hey Phronk, where was this CORE cache script taken from? I'm trying to play around with it and would love to learn about it some more. Thanks as always!

---------- Post added at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

BTW, reason i am asking is i am trying to figure out how to find out building names to add it to scripts and also having trouble where its placing objects underneath the ground it seems like

The "core", "enemy", and "support" stuff is all from the guys who made Insurgency ALiVE, which you can find on the ALiVE website's missions page. They gave me permission to use their scripts. You can find the classnames stuff can spawn in, in the "core\modules\gridMarkers\functions\functions.sqf" file, line #31.