I haven't tested the mission with any AI altering addons yet. But it should work if you remove the "AI Skill" module from the mission. The module basically dumbs the AI down, since the vanilla AI's accuracy is (and always has been) broken, in regards to accuracy and acquiring targets. There are other minor changes with the AI through that module as well, such as spotting distance, but none of which really affect their behaviors like ASR AI.

I haven't tested the mission with any AI altering addons yet. But it should work if you remove the "AI Skill" module from the mission. The module basically dumbs the AI down, since the vanilla AI's accuracy is (and always has been) broken, in regards to accuracy and acquiring targets. There are other minor changes with the AI through that module as well, such as spotting distance, but none of which really affect their behaviors like ASR AI.

I'm looking for the AI module but I'm having trouble finding it.

In regards to the static weapons, that would really bring back that ARMA 2 feel ARMA 3 has desperately been missing.

Will the ARMA 3 samples mod contain those things? If so it might be worth waiting for it before you build assets into the mission. I really like how clean this mission's addon requirements are, it makes it easier to get people to play.

But I'd also be more than willing to test a version with NATO army and weapon requirements/static weapons and vehicles if that's what you had in mind. I doubt you want to fork development into 6 missions though haha.

Edit:Also in my testing with a few people the ammobox has uniform synchronization issues.

Edited by plsgo

In regards to the static weapons, that would really bring back that ARMA 2 feel ARMA 3 has desperately been missing. Will the ARMA 3 samples mod contain those things? If so it might be worth waiting for it before you build assets into the mission. I really like how clean this mission's addon requirements are, it makes it easier to get people to play. But I'd also be more than willing to test a version with NATO army and weapon requirements/static weapons and vehicles if that's what you had in mind. I doubt you want to fork development into 6 missions though haha.

I feel like sometimes the threat of just insurgents on foot and in technicals isn't enough variety of threats to come against in Takistan Insurgency. I'd like to add SAM sites, HMGs, and maybe even low-tech artillery or at least mortars, to make the clearing of each town and village less predictable, which would hopefully make it more of an exciting experience. If I add enemy armored IFVs, APCs, and/or MBTs, they will be old soviet vehicles that the insurgents captured, which also means they will not be properly trained and will not be as proficient with the vehicles. Hopefully this can be done.

I will be using either the addons listed above, or I will patiently wait for Ohally to include some of these in his pack. I will consider using A3 Samples Mod, if it is released and isn't very buggy.

Thank you for reporting this. This might have been a known issue with the original script I used, so I am not sure if I can fix it -- but I'll look into it! Thanks again!

Next Update Plans:

I'm hoping and trying to include the following in the next update of Takistan Insurgency:

It may take a while for all of this to be worked on, implemented, tested, and released. But I figured I might as well give a heads up on what I aim to add in the next Pre-Alpha release. If you're wondering why I've been calling these releases "Pre-Alpha" releases instead of "Alpha" or "Full" releases, it's because the mission still lacks a few major features I intend to have in the mission.

EDIT:

The "AI Skill" module is located on the map in the editor at grid: 082016

Edited by Phronk

The next version of Takistan Insurgency will introduce many big changes and hopefully include some long awaited fixes, as well. I've started redesigning the main base which the coalition forces operate out of in Takistan, to improve the military atmosphere (So it doesn't feel like a random airfield in the desert) and overall organization/accessibility of supply crates, vehicles, ACRE radios, and much more! I've been looking at satellite images and other photographs of real bases in Afghanistan as a guide to making the main base look more authentic. In the future, I'll attempt to go to extreme lengths to detail the base and make it look even more lively and authentic.

I'm also working on a website for my missions, like Takistan Insurgency, which will be the best source of information about general details of the mission and even daily/weekly blog posts that will interest those who want to read/see more about the mission's development and progress.

If you intend to host this mission on your server, but you'd like some changes to it for you/your group's liking, (Such as HMMVs, ArmA 2 Helicopters, etc.) send me a message of what you want and I'll see if I can get it done. This is somewhat to help explore what addons hit the performance of the mission and what is/is not compatible. If you want to use an addon that modifies the AI, that can be done as well, as long as the "AI Skill" module is removed from the mission. Very easy to do.

Phronk, this mission is great - its exactly the kind of thing I have been looking for to play with my clan.

I am a very amateur mission editor - before I read your post on May 3rd, I spent a day tinkering with stuff - mostly adding in massi units and weapons, as well as JSRS, Speed of Sound, blastcore and acre. This is not for release, this is for a private clan server. I have ensured everyone is credit correctly in the code. I am working on editing the VAS and the insurgents to only have weapons from massi - I am going for that 00's decade feel, ya know? If anything i have done is of any use to you, please let me know and I will gladly send it over.

I mostly do the edits cos I like to make videos - here is a video I cobbled together of our weekends testing, hoping to get a larger group on next week.

Thanks again for the mission - your work is great!

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad people are still enjoying the mission! Nice video, too.

I wouldn't mind you sending it over to me to get a better look at what you changed, so that maybe I can help make the next Pre-Alpha release "1.0f" have a version that will allow you guys to update quickly without much hassle of having to edit the mission. :)

Hi!

My Clan and I love the Insurgency from Arma2 and now we are trying to test you new one version. But we have a problema when we try to launch it in a dedicated server:

Missing addons detected:

camisc_e_wf

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.camisc_e_wf

Some knows where is that file?

We have this addons:

ALive last version

Agressor 1.5 + two paches

A3MP v 1.3a

Thanks for you work and your patience.

You have the wrong version of A3MP, the latest version is 1.4. The error you're getting is related to an object that is apparently missing from A3MP. I'll look into this though, just in case.

Thanks!

Phronk, thank for your answer.

I suppose it must be the problem, now I am downloading the 1.4 version to try it.

Change the version, in my Clan, could be hard, not all the people have a good internet connection, but I think that your missions in so important for us to change our version :-).

I will try 1.4 on my computer and if it works I told you.

@PrienU24: Let me know if you can confirm the issue is or is not resolved, once you've installed A3MP version 1.4 (Make sure you delete the previous version of A3MP you are using before you install the new one)

I have plans of making a Task Force Arrowhead Radio version of Takistan Insurgency. It seems to be growing in popularity recently, so I'll see if I can get it implemented into the mission in either Pre-Alpha version 1.0f or 1.0g. Thoughts? What do you guys want in Takistan Insurgency, whether it gets in the next update or later?

Phronk, I am an idiot... the problem is not the version. I launched bad the A3MP mod and It did not load at my server...

It works in both versions, 1.3a and 1.4.

Sorry for waste your time and thanks again.

This weekend we are going to play it.

Very nice mission, thank you! RDS static weapons would definitely be cool to see.

Edit: tonight we had some very strange bugs where we were assigned to the civilian faction (from blufor) while an AI blufor group spawned and killed us. We also found a cache (weapons crate) that we were unable to destroy.

Edited by rzon

@rzon: (Sorry for the late response!) I've never gotten either of those issues before. Can you provide more details? What addons were you running client-side/server-side? Was it an edited version? Did you get any error messages? Answers to those questions can help me pinpoint what's wrong and fix it.

DEVELOPMENT NEWS

I've been making some simple rewrites to Riouken's 'Gear Menu Script' to include weapon selections; attachments and ammunition will be obtained through crates still; this may or may not make it into version 1.0f. I'm also playing/testing the mission a lot and making sure everything is working right. I'm almost done adding stuff to the base, but the organization of the base and how it is setup is not final; I'll be redoing the entire base in one of the future versions to be more realistically setup as a real F.O.B. or airbase would be. Task Force Arrowhead Radio and XMedSys will also be added into a separate "Extended" version of the "Modded" version.

1. The standard version of Takistan Insurgency will require CBA_A3, ALiVE, A3MP, and CAF Aggressors

2. The modded version of Takistan Insurgency will require CBA_A3, ALiVE, A3MP, CAF Aggressors, HAFM A2 Helis, and M1A1 A2 Port

3. The extended version of Takistan Insurgency will require CBA_A3, ALiVE, A3MP, CAF Aggressors, HAFM A2 Helis, M1A1 A2 Port, XMedSys, and TFAR

I've stopped working on the vanilla version (Doesn't use/require CAF Aggressors, M1A1 Abrams Port, or A2 Helicopters Port) for now, unless requested directly to work on it again.

I use these mods, and yes I modified the base a bit with new vehicles:

CBA_A3

ALiVE

A3MP

AV_IndUS

CAF Aggressors 1.5 (with hotfixes)

RH M4/M16 pack

HAFM HMMWV pack

HAFM A2 helicopters pack

ASR_AI3 (on the server only)

Not really getting any errors. The blufor AI spawning seems to be related to dying, in some cases they appear and if for some reason you're turned into a civilian, they'll shoot you. Worth mentioning, these AI units are of the same class that the players are (AV_IndUs units).

If you're adding blufor tanks, are you meaning to add some armor to the insurgents as well in the future? RDS tanks perhaps, together with the static weapons?

Thank you for reporting this. I haven't tested AV_IndUS in my mission yet, but I think it may be related to that addon; the version I tested a while back was pretty glitchy. If not related to AV_IndUS, then it could be an issue with the respawn script created by BangaBob. Hopefully it's related to the addon! ;)

I've added 4 MBTs to the main base, as well as plenty of AI controlled Close Air Support and Artillery assets. This is a preemptive addition to the mission to prepare for the addition of heavier insurgent resistance. They'll be using old soviet armor, artillery, and static ATGM/AA emplacements. I'm mainly waiting for Ohally to update his Aggressors addon to include some of these things, which should be in the addon's next version. It'd be much more convenient to use any armored vehicles and whatnot included in Aggressors because the addon is already a requirement to be able to see civilians and insurgents, plus, the faction used for spawning these insurgents in ALiVE would automatically add these armored vehicles to their arsenal in a dynamic way.

Update Coming Soon

I will be releasing version Pre-Alpha 1.0f some time this week, most likely. However, I may not include all content I had initially planned for this release (Improved Gear Menu, XMedSys, Random Side Objectives).

• The gear menu is a tedious job to change and requires patience and focus, which I don't have much of lately.
  • Random Side Objectives will need to be added in a later version, if/whenever I get help with it
  • XMedSys is not being added in Takistan Insurgency by choice. Although it pairs up with Task Force Arrowhead Radio well, it'd be an additional addon requirement and most people who've played the mission like the current wounding system in place. This may change in the future, perhaps in a separate version.

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Nkey's 'TFAR' addon has now been added to the "init-mods.sqf" script in all versions of the mission; this script checks if the server is running either TFAR or ACRE and will spawn a radio crate on the "Gear" marker on the map in the main base for either radio mod that is running on the server. If the server is not running either of the mods, no radio crates will be spawned.

I get a lot of rpt spam (sometimes the files have reached >120 MB or 1.7 million lines):

7:36:06 Error in expression <}} count _clash) > 0) && (_killFactor > _surviveFactor)) then {
_clash set [_for>
7:36:06   Error position: <_surviveFactor)) then {
_clash set [_for>
7:36:06   Error Undefined variable in expression: _survivefactor
7:36:06 File x\alive\addons\sys_profile\fnc_profileSimulator.sqf, line 439
7:36:06 Error in expression <agedTotal > 0) then {
_surviveFactor = (_engagedOwn/_engagedTotal)-(random 0.25)>
7:36:06   Error position: <_engagedOwn/_engagedTotal)-(random 0.25)>
7:36:06   Error Undefined variable in expression: _engagedown
7:36:06 File x\alive\addons\sys_profile\fnc_profileSimulator.sqf, line 431
7:36:06 Error in expression <CIV>
7:36:06   Error position: <CIV>
7:36:06   Error Undefined variable in expression: civ
*continues*

Do you know if this is due to ALiVE or conflicting mods (it says alive...) or is it in the mission? Any idea if I can fix it on my own? Thanks :)

Also, the unit I'm in absolutely loves this mission. Thanks for your hard work! :D

Edited by rzon

loving Mission, continue development please!!:):459::pc::coop::war::icon_dj::greetings::soldier:

Pre-Alpha 1.0f

Size: 1.0 MB Non-VAS Version / 875 KB VAS Version

Download Link

ADDITIONS

• Added: Ohally's 'CAF Aggressors Addon' has been integrated in all versions of the mission, and is required to play
  • Added: Na_Palm and Androkiller have been added to the list of credits in the ReadMe document and in-game for helping with fixing scripts
  • Added: MLRS and Scorcher artillery fortified positions in the airbase
  • Added: Placed several objects and structures to improve the base atmosphere, such as barracks' and tents (Will likely reposition and add purpose to these structures in a future update; base will be redone to look like a real FOB)
  • Added: 4 AH-99 Blackfoot helicopters to the main base - AH-64D Apache Longbows and AH-1Z Cobras in the modded version of the mission
  • Added: 2 more CH-49 Mohawk helicopters to the main base - CH-49 Chinooks in modded version of the mission
  • Added: 3 UH-80 Ghost Hawk helicopters to the main base - UH-60M Blackhawks in the modded version of the mission
  • Added: 2 MH-9 Hummingbird helicopter to the main base, between the Ghost Hawks
  • Added: 2 MBT-52 Kumas to the main base (Insurgents will have access to old soviet armor and more AT threats in a future version)
  • Added: Tan medical Zamak truck to medical area of main base
  • Added: Crate in the main base containing UAV terminals to control the Predator drones or UGV drones
  • Added: ALiVE Combat Support modules, allowing a player equipped with a Laser Designator to call in close air support, air transport, or artillery (Experimental)
  • Added: Replaced old logo with new logo, courtesy of [KA15] Phoenix from the group I'm in
  • Added: Aplion's 'A2 Helicopters' to the "Modded" version of the mission
  • Added: Raid's 'M1A1 MBT A2 Port' to the "Modded" version of the mission
  • Added: Markers for some of the villages and towns that were missing markers
  • Added: Nkey's 'Task Force Arrowhead Radio' addon radio crate will now spawn on the "Gear" marker in the main base if the server is running the addon; works in all versions of the mission (Same applies for ACRE if ACRE is loaded on the server)
  • Added: Stacked H-barriers into a pyramid layout, surrounding vehicles in the motor pool for better protection

ADJUSTMENTS

• Fixed: Colored grid squares no longer turn green if an insurgent is present within the grid square (Insurgents may still spawn in those areas or reinforce them from other parts of the map)
  • Fixed: Animated civilian working on Offroad vehicle in Timurkalay was positioned behind the vehicle and oriented away from the vehicle
  • Fixed: Vehicles now clears weapon and magazine cargoes "globally" (Should be MP synchronized now)
  • Fixed: Aircraft service area now properly repairs, rearms, and refuels aircraft vehicles
  • Fixed: All H-barriers moved around to fix clipping issues with surrounding objects and to close gaps
  • Fixed: CQB spawned insurgents can spawn anywhere on the entire map now, instead of just "Towns"
  • Adjustment: Moved the fortified Mortar positions over to the artillery area of the airbase
  • Adjustment: Quadbikes and UGVs are closer to the MRAPs, and are in a tighter parked formation to take up less space
  • Adjustment: Moved the Fuel HEMTT support trucks to a new vehicle depot area in the main base
  • Adjustment: Moved the Supply Crates near the vehicle service area in the main base
  • Adjustment: Changed green/yellow camo radar tower into a tan radar tower to fit the desert theme better
  • Adjustment: CH-49 Mohawk helicopters are now tan, instead of digital green independent camo - thanks to Zigomarvin!
  • Adjustment: MBT-52 Kuma tanks are now tan, instead of digital green independent camo
  • Adjustment: A-164 Wipeout CAS planes are now piloted by AI
  • Adjustment: AH-99 Blackfoot helicopters are now piloted by AI
  • Adjustment: UH-80 Ghosthawk helicopters are now piloted by AI (MH-9 Hummingbirds and CH-49 Mohawks are open to player pilots)
  • Adjustment: Scorcher artillery is now operated by an AI crew (Mortars are not controlled by AI, so that players may use or disassemble them and reposition them, perhaps even outside of the base)
  • Adjustment: M5 Sandstorm MLRS is now operated by an AI crew
  • Tweak: Military Civilian Placement module now spawns/profiles a force size of 200 insurgents, up from 100
  • Tweak: Slightly reduced insurgents' aim accuracy and courage
  • Optimization: Reduced the civilian active limiter to 20, down from 30

REMOVED

• Removed: Player slots on the Insurgency team (PVP element will be re-implemented at a later date)
  • Removed: "Radios" marker from the map (ACRE/TFAR radio crate will now spawn near the "Gear" marker in the main base)
  • Removed: Floating barrels near vehicle service area
  • Removed: Civilian blacklist markers; they can be found in LoyManara and other villages surrounding the airbase, again

KNOWN ISSUES

• *Mission is incomplete
  • Players are notified in the game that their ALiVE version is outdated, even when it isn't
  • Cache markers in bottom left corner of map lead to a non-existent cache - Requires mission restart to fix, this is an ArmA glitch
  • Sometimes a cache is destroyed upon mission initialization due to collision issues if it spawns inside of an object, but is not considered destroyed by destroyed cache counter
  • INTEL and Caches sometimes clip through objects, terrain, or buildings
  • IED area markers and blacklist markers are briefly visible during mission initialization
  • Changing piece of clothing containing items (through the Clothing Menu implemented at base) deletes the contained items

NOTE: The next version of Takistan Insurgency, Pre-Alpha 1.0g, will have a rebuilt and refortified base, among other additions and removals to the mission. I am releasing this version of the mission early and somewhat less completed than I had hoped, but it introduces some cool new stuff like the ALiVE support modules and several fixes/adjustments and additions. If you don't like something that was added or removed, please post and I'll consider re-adding or removing whatever it may be that doesn't appeal to you in the mission. Happy Memorial Day!

DISCLAIMER: Mission designers have permission to modify or improve the mission. It would be courteous to ask Hazey for permission to use his Insurgency ALiVE scripts (located in the "core", "enemy", and "support" folders) before publishing your mission with it. Crediting me for providing this work-in-progress template for your own missions is much appreciated and courteous, but is not required. Enjoy!

I beg your pardon, but how do I install your mod? I noticed that there are a few folders inside plus some pbos.

Should I create a @mod_folder/Addons and put all the pbos inside and move the folders to /mydocuments/.../missions?

Sorry for the ignorance,

Thanks in advance.

This is not a mod, it is a mission (which requires a few mods to be played) that I've released as different versions. The folders are open source versions of the missions, meaning, mission designers can edit the missions to their liking if they wanted to. To play the mission, you must first download and install these mods:

• Community Base Addons - ArmA 3 (@CBA)
  • ArmA 3 Map Pack (@A3MP)
  • Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment (@ALiVE)
  • CAF Aggressors (@CAF_AG)

Once you've properly installed those addons, simply drag the .pbo files out of the .rar file I uploaded and put them in your "MPMissions" folder, located in your ArmA 3 directory. This will let you client-host the mission. I'm not sure how you'd host the mission on a dedicated server, but it should be just as simple. If you want to be able to edit the missions, drag and drop the folders in the .rar file I uploaded to your missions folder in My Documents, then go into the Editor, select the map "Takistan" and load the mission.

Today I had my first TI session with the 19th MCU, and man, that was heaps of fun!

Is there a separate thread where we can post ideas and enjoy some brainstorming?

Edited by stormridersp

You can post your constructive criticism and suggestions/ideas here in this thread, if you like. As long as it doesn't lead to off-topic discussions.

I'm considering removing the weapons and ammo crates from the mission and stick with Virtual Ammobox script version of the mission; most of the testers find the crate/logistics version to be tedious and annoying. Does anyone prefer the non-VAS version of the mission? Otherwise it will likely be removed.