Well check it out now, have you had any issues with players not being to pick up intel? We have had it several times but im unsure what it causing it maybe something to do with JIP.

---------- Post added at 06:34 ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 ----------

This build is a marked improvement on intel and Cache placement, I went through 10 maybe caches until i got the one that spawns underground in the corner of the map.

The corner map Cache again, The crater was me trying to destroy it through ground with satchels.

http://i.imgur.com/9vqWQ3M.jpg (140 kB)

Had this one place somewhat in floor but was still able to destroy it, If you need Co-ords look at GPS.

http://i.imgur.com/kkkefAz.jpg (140 kB)

the cache at the map origin [0,0,0] can be caused by a missing marker with a specific name, or a find-safe-position not working 100%

Simple fix could be along the lines

if (str _posVarNameHere) !="[0,0,0]") then { //do something here} else {//loop back and find a better position};

@PenguinInATuxedo: Thanks again for your helpful feedback! Some intel seems to be obtainable if you go prone and look at it from a certain angle, not sure why. Haven't JIP tested it myself, yet. Glad you could confirm it is improved.

@KevsnoTrev: I'll definitely try that out. Thanks!

Not a big deal, but set this line

iedSafeZones = [""];

to

iedSafeZones = [];

You are telling the script that you have a safezone named "" somewhere.

Good catch, didn't realize I left the quotation marks.

Problem with the new ALiVE civies module? Keep waiting for an update to this.

Post no longer relevant.

Moderator please delete this post.

Edited by Phronk
Post is no longer relevant.

Post no longer relevant.

Moderator please delete this post and maybe the one before this as well. Thanks!

Edited by Phronk
No longer a relevant post.

Pre-Alpha 1.0d

Size: 919 KB (non-VAS version) and 755 KB (VAS version)

Download Link

ADDITIONS

• Updated: Tonic's 'A3 Wounding System' to latest version 05042014 in the mission
  • Updated: brians200's 'Randomly Generated Roadside IEDs Script' to 2.2 in the mission
  • Updated: Igi_PL's 'IgiLoad Logistical Support Script' to 0.9.9 in the mission
  • Updated: ALiVE modules are up to date with the latest version of ALiVE, also utilizing the new civilian modules
  • Added: ALiVE's civilian modules spawn much more lively civilians who can be residents to local communities or travel between them, performing daily and nightly activities throughout the days and nights. There are also vehicles the civilians may own and use to travel around in. Civilians also have a slight chance to dislike or become hostile towards coalition forces, and may go to their home to get a weapon or strap on a vest to harass the troops. All civilians and civilian vehicles are cached, which means you can come back to a town and find the same people you saw residing there last time
  • Added: ALiVE's 'View Distance' module, which allows players to adjust their view distance in multiplayer beyond the default 1600 view distance (accessible through custom ALiVE key)

ADJUSTMENTS

• Adjustment: Buzzard jets have been replaced with Wipeouts
  • Adjustment: VAS version of Takistan Insurgency 1.0d (I have to manually remove unnecessary scripts, crates, and images for every VAS version release)
  • Adjustment: Mission start time of day set to 16:00, back from 16:30
  • Fixed: All crates in the NATO base should now have their items syncronized correctly for multiplayer
  • Fixed: All player inventories should now be syncronized for multiplayer and start without NVGs, IR grenades, and chemlights

REMOVED

• Removed: tpw's 'tpw_civ' script from the mission (Civilians no longer spawn in airfield)
  • Removed: tpw & MAD_T's 'MAD Ambient Traffic' script from the mission (No more radical car bombs or blind downs syndrome drivers)

KNOWN ISSUES

• *Mission is incomplete
  • Colored grids turn green when players enter it, regardless if it is clear or not
  • Squad of insurgents attack the NATO base early in the mission
  • Cache markers in bottom left corner of map lead to a non-existent cache (requires mission restart to fix)
  • Sometimes a cache is destroyed upon mission initialization due to collision issues if it spawns inside of an object, but is not considered destroyed by destroyed cache counter
  • INTEL and Caches fall through specific spawn points in specific houses, sometimes
  • IED area markers are briefly visible during mission initialization
  • Changing piece of clothing containing items (through the Clothing Menu implemented at base) deletes the contained items
  • Sometimes players connecting spawn under the terrain
  • Some animated civilians have very jittery animations
  • Desync issues may occur with larger player numbers
  • Additional addons can impact performance, frame stuttering, or even crash the game

Insurgency_ReadMe.rtf - Rich-Text-Document containing some information about the mission

TakInsurgency_v1d_ALiVE.Takistan.pbo - Does not have a Virtual Ammobox ; uses Altis civilians and FIA as insurgents

TakInsurgency_v1d_ALiVE_MO.Takistan.pbo - Does not have a Virtual Ammobox ; uses Ohally's 'CAF Aggressors' Middle Eastern units for civilians and insurgents

TakInsurgency_v1d_ALiVE_VAS.Takistan.pbo - Includes a Virtual Ammobox ; uses Altis civilians and FIA as insurgents

TakInsurgency_v1d_ALiVE_VAS_MO.Takistan.pbo - Includes a Virtual Ammobox ; uses Ohally's 'CAF Aggressors' Middle Eastern units for civilians and insurgents

I decided to make a few videos of me rambling/explaining about some of the stuff in the mission, what I plan on adding in the future, and lastly a long video covering bugs and issues with the mission. When the mission is more complete or when I introduce additional features I will do a better structured explanation/presentation video with hopefully less aimless ramblings.

Video 1: I explain the differences between the 4 separate Takistan Insurgency versions I released and how the customizable mission parameters work

Video 2: I talk about the new civilians added with ALiVE, the player's main objective in Takistan Insurgency, and some other stuff.

Video 3: Information about known issues in the mission that players/testers should be aware of; despite the long duration of the video, I'd appreciate it if the ALiVE devs could watch it (or at least parts of it) to help understand if the blacklisting issue is an issue with ALiVE and if there's a way I or the devs can fix it. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaYXl2o9-Cg

I appreciate any feedback about the mission or the videos. If you like the videos, I'll definitely do more. If not, please state why you dislike them and how I can improve or redo them. Thanks!

Edited by Phronk
All videos should now be viewable in 1080p

This is really cool concept buddy. As a active duty US SF operator I train, lead, and start insurgencies ;) keep in mind the afghan ppl put the Taliban in charge to restore peace after their civil wars, granted the Taliban pretty much took total control sadly, and the ppl eventually realized they were headed in the wrong direction. The only true way to defeat an insurgency is to have the civilian population on your side, they are your eyes and ears, sometimes your only source of support. I think with the right mission designer you guys can make an awesome operation. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Dude Awesome Job u have here!

When u complete the mission is possible u can make new versions on other Maps, like Fallujah, Lingor, FATA..?

@WarLord554: Thanks and glad this interests you! When I do a full release, I'll try to make sure it's polished and open-sourced enough for other mission designers to modify the mission to create their own operations based off of my Takistan Insurgency mission or simply improve/expand upon it.

@brians200: Cool! Glad someone enjoyed them. I'll probably do more in the future, with less rambling. ;)

@DRACUS: Once I've finished Takistan Insurgency, I plan to basically port it over to other maps such as Zargabad and many more. I'd also like to do a more European themed insurgency mission for maps like Chernarus. Buuuuut... baby steps! One task at a time.

EDIT:

ARJay from the ALiVE Dev Team helped me make fixes and tweaks to the mission. One of the fixes solved the issue of insurgents assaulting the airbase! Big thanks to him.

Edited by Phronk

EDIT:

ARJay from the ALiVE Dev Team helped me make fixes and tweaks to the mission. One of the fixes solved the issue of insurgents assaulting the airbase! Big thanks to him.

Just came here to help you solve that problem but it looks like someone beat me to it. I bet it was because the blacklist marker was an ellipse right? :P

LoyManara's strategic point radius covered a part of the airbase. And since the airbase was technically in LoyManara territory and it had BLUFOR vehicles/units in the area, the OPCOM controlling the insurgents was detecting the village as "not captured" and therefore was sending insurgent reinforcements to LoyManara and telling them to secure it, which led to them also drifting into the airbase.

The markers were also ellipses and did not cover LoyManara. Now they do and the OPCOM no longer detects the village as a strategic point, nor any local areas surrounding the airbase.

Just played a while with 2 players and had these bugs, which where not reproducible:

1. Once the medic couldn't heal anybody even though we both where wounded. 5 minutes later everything was fine.

2. Once when I spawned my mouse wheel menu was gone. Respawn fixed it.

Suggestion:

1. Rearming vehicles is not very intuitive. More info like "Rearming started and will take xx seconds" would help.

Btw: Great map! And great, that you used the CAF units and no Iranian Spacewarriors. It would be great if you could release a map that uses only real equipment (@NATO_Russian_SF_Weapons, @USMC_A3, @rc_hmmwv, ...).

Mech, u can play with that Weapons, and uniforms on VAS Editions, not the hummve.

@mech: I haven't come across any of those issues with the wounding system, but I'm sure they are rare occurrences. If you want, you can address those issues to [TcB]-Psycho-'s A3 Wounding System thread to notify him. Maybe he'll fix them, since he's the guy behind the wounding system used in my mission.

Vehicle rearming is about as primitive as it gets, for now. I plan on adding something like this when the time is right.

As far as using modded vehicles and whatnot, I haven't decided yet if I'll wait for the A3 Samples Mod or if I should use what's already out now. Weapons and uniform addons will be client-side and obtainable through the Virtual Ammobox crate in the base, in the VAS version. The PVP version of the mission that uses Aggressors will probably also require a soviet weapons pack for player insurgents; the Aggressors weapons are not balanced or configured properly to be used by players.

OPEN SOURCE RELEASE - COMING SOON

Due to my lack of scripting knowledge, I cannot produce some of the features I have listed (yet) for Takistan Insurgency that I'd love to see in it, such as randomly generated objectives and a proper execution of implementing a PVP element into the mission. Because of this, I intend to release an open source version of the mission for any other mission designers or scripters to take over and make their own or simply improve upon. Some have already begun to do this with the current version by extracting files from the mission's PBO, but releasing it open source makes it easier for others to modify.

DEVELOPMENT WILL STILL CONTINUE

However, this does not mean the project is complete or cancelled/abandoned! I will continue to work on this mission a lot until it is finished (at least until civilian interaction, PVP (optional feature), and random side objectives are implemented). The only difference now is that the development progress spoiler won't be updated as often.

What's holding me back from releasing it right now is the fact that I'd like to make some changes based on feedback here on the forums and from some of the members I've tested the mission with. There's also a weird issue with a lot of exploding civilian vehicles in villages. :icon_wink:

Expect a release "soon."

Pre-Alpha 1.0e

Size: 970 KB (non-VAS version) and 807 KB (VAS version)

Download Link

ADDITIONS

• Updated: brians200's 'Randomly Generated Roadside IEDs' script to the latest version 2.3 in the mission
  • Updated: Rewritten the ReadMe document, to contain important helpful information about some of the game mechanics implemented (Wounding system, fast-roping, disarming IEDs, etc.)
  • Added: Mission folders for each version of Takistan Insurgency ALiVE to the download link - open sourced for mission designers to use
  • Added: Two player slots on the Opfor/Insurgency team (Experimental)
  • Added: ALiVE View Settings module (Allows players to adjust view distance and terrain quality; accessible with User Action 20 key)
  • Added: ALiVE Admin module for in-game debugging, unit marking, teleporting, and ghosting for testing purposes (Accessible with User Action 20 key)
  • Added: Two more random technical spawns that patrol through three villages
  • Added: BangaBob's 'Battlefield Re-Spawn System' to the mission (Experimental)
  • Added: Xeno's 'Vehicle Rearm Script' to the mission (May be replaced with 'Generic Vehicle Service script' later)
  • Added: Decorated two separate maintenance areas for ground vehicles and for aircraft, used for rearming, refueling, and repairing
  • Added: "Supply Crates" marker, marking the cache of supply crates available for transportation/use in the base

ADJUSTMENTS

• Fixed: Insurgents no longer assault the NATO airbase at the start of the mission from the South-West
  • Fixed: Civilians can now get into and drive around in civilian vehicles spawned in their village/town (was using wrong faction class to spawn vehicles)
  • Adjustment: Increased hostility of civilians towards Blufor to "Extreme," up from "Medium"
  • Adjustment: Increased civilian active limiter to 30, up from 25
  • Adjustment: Reduced "Field Repair" times significantly; a full repair will take 1 minute now, down from 2 minutes
  • Adjustment: Moved all images used for crate signs and the loading screen to an "images" folder to organize the mission folder (not noticeable in-game)
  • Fixed: All area markers on the map are now either circles or squares (Oval markers are buggy)
  • Fixed: LoyManara is no longer a strategic point for the insurgents, meaning that they will not reinforce it after it has been cleared. This should also prevent insurgents from assaulting the airbase
  • Fixed: Vanilla (Non-Aggressors) version's "Required Addons" marker no longer lists the Aggressors addon
  • Fixed: Hand-placed ambient animated civilians are now Middle Eastern civilians from the Aggressors addon, in the Aggressors version of the mission (They were vanilla Altis civilians)
  • Fixed: Armed technicals are now driven by Middle Eastern insurgents, in the Aggressors version (They were vanilla insurgents)
  • Fixed: ALiVE's "AI Skill" module now applies to the Aggressors insurgents in the Aggressors versions (It was set to apply to vanilla insurgents)
  • Fixed: Armed technicals are now driven by Middle Eastern insurgents, in the Aggressors version (They were vanilla insurgents)
  • Fixed: Psychobastard properly given credit for his A3 Wounding System script in the "Insurgency Info" tab in-game when viewing the map and also in the ReadMe document
  • Tweak: Profiling module now profiles objects that it is synced with, instead of profiling everything except synced objects (Might be an optimization)
  • Tweak: Military Civilian Placement module now spawns/profiles a force size of 100 insurgents, up from 30
  • Optimization: Reduced the Ambient Civilian Placement's ambient vehicles setting to "Low," down from "Medium"

REMOVED

• Removed: H-Barriers between ATC tower and hangars
  • Removed: All vehicle ammunition crates
  • Removed: All supply crates and the "Supply Crates" marker from the VAS version of the mission

KNOWN ISSUES

• *Mission is incomplete
  • Colored grids turn green when players enter it, regardless if it is clear or not
  • Cache markers in bottom left corner of map lead to a non-existent cache - Requires mission restart to fix, this is an ArmA glitch
  • Sometimes a cache is destroyed upon mission initialization due to collision issues if it spawns inside of an object, but is not considered destroyed by destroyed cache counter
  • INTEL and Caches sometimes clip through objects, terrain, or buildings
  • IED area markers are briefly visible during mission initialization
  • Changing piece of clothing containing items (through the Clothing Menu implemented at base) deletes the contained items
  • Sometimes players connecting spawn under the terrain - Occurs when connecting player does not have all required addons enabled
  • Some animated civilians have very jittery animations

NOTE: Mission designers have permission to modify or improve the mission. It would be courteous to ask Hazey for permission to use his Insurgency ALiVE scripts (located in the "core", "enemy", and "support" folders) before publishing your mission with it. Crediting me for providing this work-in-progress template for your own missions is much appreciated and courteous, but is not required. Enjoy!

Edited by Phronk

Colored grids turn green when players enter it, regardless if it is clear or not

right this you need to fix

very easy too

go to core\modules\gridmarkers\functions\functions.sqf

and change this

SL_fnc_createTriggers = {
private ["_markers","_pos","_trigE"];

{
	_pos = getMarkerPos _x;
	_trigE = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", _pos ];
	_trigE setTriggerActivation ["ANY", "PRESENT", false];
	_trigE setTriggerArea [50, 50, 0, true];
	_trigE setTriggerStatements ["{(side _x) == OPF_G_F} count thisList == 0 AND {(side _x) == west } count thisList >= 1", format["""%1"" setMarkerColor ""ColorGreen"";",_x], ""];

} foreach _this;

};

to this

SL_fnc_createTriggers = {
private ["_markers","_pos","_trigE"];

{
	_pos = getMarkerPos _x;
	_trigE = createTrigger ["EmptyDetector", _pos ];
	_trigE setTriggerActivation ["ANY", "PRESENT", false];
	_trigE setTriggerArea [50, 50, 0, true];
	_trigE setTriggerStatements ["{(side _x) == east} count thisList == 0 AND {(side _x) == west } count thisList >= 1", format["""%1"" setMarkerColor ""ColorGreen"";",_x], ""];

} foreach _this;

};

and bang it will work if you keep the NME as OPF_G_F or any other opfor faction

*facepalms*

Thank you very much. :o

I'd like some public opinions about extending the list of required mods for the "modded" version of the mission:

(Hunters can be replaced with the HAFM UK or HMMV vehicles by mission designers)

I'm also removing the Battlefield Re-Spawn System and PVP from the mission for now, because it isn't complimenting the gameplay in the mission's current state.

The standard version of Takistan Insurgency will not include the above addons, but will still require CAF Aggressors for middle eastern themed insurgents and civilians. The vanilla version of the mission is no longer a priority.