Thanks for the feedback! Out of curiosity, how was your framerate when you guys were playing and was there bad AI desyncing at any time?

1. [EDIT] Consider this fixed. Insurgents no longer spawn in the airfield or in the watch towers in the base. I've also expanded the blacklist marker around the base, hoping it will prevent the insurgents from rushing the base early. Additionally, I've fortified the walls around the airfield with H-Barriers and Barbed Wire to protect players inside the base from LoyManara. So far so good. Insurgents seem to still eventually attack the base regardless, but that is because ALiVE detects the base as a strategic point and the insurgents would like to have it at some point or another. :)

2. The IED area markers (big grey border circle and square markers during initialization) are only visible very briefly during the mission's initialization. I'd like to make them invisible at all times, period, but I'm still working on learning how to do that.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Edited by Phronk

If you are using the marker implementation, they won't be hidden until the ied script kicks in. You can use the predefined locations array to get around it. The only downfall is you will have to type out where the markers are at.

Thanks for the feedback! Out of curiosity, how was your framerate when you guys were playing and was there bad AI desyncing at any time?

1. [EDIT] Consider this fixed. Insurgents no longer spawn in the airfield or in the watch towers in the base. I've also expanded the blacklist marker around the base, hoping it will prevent the insurgents from rushing the base early. Additionally, I've fortified the walls around the airfield with H-Barriers and Barbed Wire to protect players inside the base from LoyManara. So far so good. Insurgents seem to still eventually attack the base regardless, but that is because ALiVE detects the base as a strategic point and the insurgents would like to have it at some point or another. :)

2. The IED area markers (big grey border circle and square markers during initialization) are only visible very briefly during the mission's initialization. I'd like to make them invisible at all times, period, but I'm still working on learning how to do that.

Thanks again for the feedback!

The framerate was very solid. We did not have any drops :) We will continue to play your mission its very good :)

@brians200: I've had trouble figuring out how to properly reference the marker's position; I've tried copy and pasting the marker's position from the mission file into the predefined locations array, but to no avail. Not sure what I was doing wrong, so I settled with simple markers. From looking at your example script, there seems to be a comma after the position, which I have no idea what it means or represents. Hope you know what I mean. Either way, I'll try to figure it out and get it working ASAP.

@alexgardien5: Glad it's performing good and that you guys find it enjoyable! I'll try to get both issues you've reported resolved in tomorrow or Friday's alpha release.

@brians200: I've had trouble figuring out how to properly reference the marker's position; I've tried copy and pasting the marker's position from the mission file into the predefined locations array, but to no avail. Not sure what I was doing wrong, so I settled with simple markers. From looking at your example script, there seems to be a comma after the position, which I have no idea what it means or represents. Hope you know what I mean. Either way, I'll try to figure it out and get it working ASAP.

The simplest way to do it is to load up a map. Type this into the debug console

onmapsingleclick "hint format['%1', _pos]" 

Then click on the location on the map. That will tell you the coordinates. You can always put 0 for the 3rd number. Feel free to round to the closest integer as well.

I am going to guess you are talking about the predefined array?

Here is the format

["Name",[LocationX,LocationY,LocationZ],size] Size will give you a circle of that radius.

Also, I saw in your change log, you were having some trouble with the safezone hiding your base marker. I have added a setting in the version I just released that won't hide safezones

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170703-Randomly-generated-roadside-IEDs&p=2637920&viewfull=1#post2637920

Set this variable to false to keep your markers

hideSafeZoneMarkers = true; //sets the alpha to 0 of a safezone

Edited by brians200

In the predefined array marker's size be two values instead of one? i.e. 550x520 ellipse marker? Downloading the new version of your IED script now, great change log :)

Right now, everything has to be circles. If you pass in an ellipse using the marker method, it automatically averages the two numbers and creates a circle of that size. This is because the nearRoads command is based off of a circle. In the next version, I will do some math and provide support for ellipses.

Managed to get the marker positions in the predefined arrays working (I think) but the initialization speed seems about the same. Maybe it's because it is being initialized via init-custom.sqf, rather than init.sqf? The init.sqf initializes the standard insurgency scripts (grid markers and caches) and the short intro in the beginning of the mission.

Pre-Alpha 1.0b HOTFIXED

Size: 805 KB

Download Link

ADDITIONS

• Modified Riouken's 'Gear Menu Script' and added it to the mission; players can change their uniform, vest, helmet, and backpack at a special crate at base (weapons, ammo, and attachments are still retrieved through crates)
  • Updated to latest version of brians200's 'Randomly Generated Roadside IEDs Script' to 2.0 in the mission
  • Added: 7.62 Suppressor (LMG) to both "Attachments & Utilities" crates
  • Added: More magnified optics to the "Attachments & Utilities" crates
  • Added: Sidearm sight attachments to the "Attachments & Utilities" crates
  • Added: More items to "Attachments & Utilities" crate, such as GPS items and Rangefinders
  • Added: Another blacklist marker below the NATO base to prevent insurgents bum rushing the base from the mountains or South West early in the mission (still happens sometimes anyway; working on a fix)
  • Fortified North-East walls of NATO base with a stack of H-Barriers and Barbed Wire, to protect coalition forces inside from LoyManara insurgent marksmen and RPGs
  • Added: More supply crates in the NATO base and moved them in a more open area for easier aerial or ground pickup
  • Added: RGO and Mini hand grenades to the Grenades crate
  • Added: All assault rifles can now be found in all "Assault Rifles" crates now
  • Added: PCML, Titan Launcher, and Compact Titan Launcher can be found in both AT launcher crates now
  • brians200 is now given credit for his roadside IEDs script in the ReadMe file and in-game (Sorry for the late credit!)

ADJUSTMENTS

• Fixed: NATO base marker from being deleted by IED script
  • Fixed: Supply and Vehicle Ammo crates from exploding randomly due to damage/collision
  • Reduced each individual technical's spawn chance to 30%, down from 50%
  • Increased blacklisted area around NATO airbase to help prevent/delay insurgents assaulting the base early in the mission
  • Moved the 'MXM 6.5' from "Assault Rifles" crate to the "Longrifles & LMGs" crate
  • Added: Increased amount of batteries for Laser Designator to 30, up from 5
  • Changed: Supply Crates now contain a variety of useful items to make it more appealing to air drop or transport somewhere on the field
  • Reduced amount of utility items such as Rangefinders and Laser Designators in the "Attachments & Utilities" crates
  • Fixed: Blacklist markers in NATO base work again; insurgents won't spawn inside the NATO base anymore - Despite blacklist markers working again, insurgents still bum rush the NATO base occasionally
  • Correction: Some crate signs are more accurately labeled: "Longrifles & LMGs", "Attachments & Utilities", and "Sidearms & SMGs"
  • Optimization: Downscaled resolution of images on signs by crates to 256x256, down from 512x512
  • Optimization: Downscaled resolution of loading screen image to 512x256, down from 1024x512
  • Optimization: Filesize reduced to 763 KB, down from 1.21 MB
  • Optimization: Replaced all cases/magazines of tracer ammunition with non-tracer ammunition (MX SW still uses tracer ammunition, but may replace that too)

REMOVED

• IED script initializing message in Side Chat
  • IgiLoad logistics script initializing message (Intro message in center was being overlapped by init messages)
  • Animal Site Modules from the mission (Will add animals after next ArmA update or when tpw releases a dedicated server compatible ambient animal script)
  • APERS Mines, APERS Bounding Mines, APERS Tripwire Mines, and Claymore Charges from the Explosives crate
  • First Aid Kits from the "Attachments & Utilities" crates (vehicles and supply crates still have them)
  • Mine Detectors from the "Attachments & Utilities" crates
  • 50% of the Vehicle Ammo crates in the NATO base
  • 95% of ambient parked vehicles
  • CRV-6e Bobcat from NATO base

HOTFIXED: Civilians in "modded" version now use Ohally's CAF Arma 3 Aggressors Middle East civilians, instead of default Altis/Stratis civilians.

Edited by Phronk
Hotfixed civilians in modded version to use Aggressors civilians.

Using predefined won't be any faster than the marker method. I was just giving you a way to have the markers hidden from the map always.

Very badass. Out of curiosity, is there a way for mission makers, such as myself, toss in a script or something into the init of the suicide bomber module that will let them scream/shout "ALLAHU AKBAR" before they detonate? Kind of like this script?

Can't wait for the update! ;)

Very badass. Out of curiosity, is there a way for mission makers, such as myself, toss in a script or something into the init of the suicide bomber module that will let them scream/shout "ALLAHU AKBAR" before they detonate? Kind of like this script?

Can't wait for the update! ;)

Who says that don't scream or shout anything? :rolleyes: ;)

Such a tease... gettin all hyped up lol

Those of you who will be testing the mission and providing me with your feedback, here are some stuff to test:

STILL NEEDS TESTING

• "Clothing Menu" needs to be tested on client-hosted and dedicated hosted servers. I just need to know if multiple players are able to access the menu and if all players can see each other's clothing pieces.
  • Do you like the limited amount of supplies and "usefulness" of ammo/supply crates and how it encourages teamwork? If it needs adjusting or you want to suggest something, go ahead!
  • Should anything be removed or added from the mission?
  • Do I need to adjust the difficulty of insurgents? Do I need to reduce or increase the amount insurgents?
  • If possible, I'd like a team of 10 or more players to test the mission and give me input on how the mission performed (How were the framerates and was there any AI desync issues?)

I'd really appreciate feedback on at least one of these topics. Thank you and enjoy!

I use a old A2 script, rewrote it for this function and also put some cba stuff in it. Now the sound works great global and the s.bomber keeps hunting you if you stay 100 meters next to him, or 20 or 50, its up to you :p

@Cigar0: Sounds cool, but I think I'll just wait for the ALiVE update to add in suicide bombers. Less scripts!

While I wait for the update, I'm also waiting for feedback about the mission. Don't want to make changes or modifications without any reason. As for fully implementing features to the mission, I'm holding on that for a little bit because I NEED to make sure the mission runs fine, as is, with at least 10 players. Otherwise I'll end up adding too much to the mission and it will run like complete shit with 16+ players and will be just as bad as the rest of the insurgency missions.

I gave it a quick go. I got a lot of errors and i had bad performance (probably for the spam in the rpt). Some related to Alive. Tried the CAF version.

I like the idea, I hope to get a better perfromance with the next update!

Can't wait to play it!

Sorry but i don't use Alive, i build everything by myself like:

- Civ Interaction (also showing passports to you)

- S.Bombers

- Special Events

- Base-Managment (Scriptpower ^^)

I plan to build a Mil/Sim Kampagne for the TSS Clan, pointing on realism. ;-)

Its also on Takistan.

I gave it a quick go. I got a lot of errors and i had bad performance (probably for the spam in the rpt). Some related to Alive. Tried the CAF version.

I like the idea, I hope to get a better perfromance with the next update!

Can't wait to play it!

What mods did you have running? I run just the required addons, including CAF_AG, and three client-side mods (SakuKeys, VTS Weaponresting, and Tao View Distance) and don't get any performance issues.

Also, was the mission being hosted client-side or dedicated? How many other players were there?

Edited by Phronk

Hosted game. Just me.

-mod=@cba_a3;@tmr;@alive;@a2map;@caf_ag;

Error in expression <CIV>

Error position: <CIV>

Error Undefined variable in expression: civ

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_NUR not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_NAGARA1OILFIELD not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_NAYGULVALLEY not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_BALAPASS not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_LALEZAR not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_PARESIAHOILFIELD not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_NAR not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_MINE not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_DARBANGPASS not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_SARESANGPASS not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_AHMADAY not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_LOYMANARAOILFIELD not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_HAZARBAGH not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_NARANDARREPASS not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_LOYMANARAAIRFIELD not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_RASMANMILITARYBASE not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_CHARSU not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_SAFIDAB not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_DARYACHE not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_JABALASSARAJ not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_SANGINAKT not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_AQTAPPA not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_GURDUR not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_TAJ not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_BAMJAHAN not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_SIAHCHUB not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_CHINARI not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_DURMAN not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_JANGALI not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_HAZARDARAKHT not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_SAGRAM not found

String STR_EP1_LOCATION_GARMARUD not found

Error in expression <loor (random (count MAD_civClothes))));

_civlist addUniform (MAD_civClothes sele>

Error position: <_civlist addUniform (MAD_civClothes sele>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _civlist

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\MAD_traffic.sqf, line 144

Error in expression <agedTotal > 0) then {

_surviveFactor = (_engagedOwn/_engagedTotal);

};

if ((({>

Error position: <_engagedOwn/_engagedTotal);

};

if ((({>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _engagedown

File x\alive\addons\sys_profile\fnc_profileSimulator.sqf, line 376

Error in expression <}} count _clash) > 0) && (_killFactor > _surviveFactor)) then {

_clash set [_for>

Error position: <_surviveFactor)) then {

_clash set [_for>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _survivefactor

File x\alive\addons\sys_profile\fnc_profileSimulator.sqf, line 380

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

Error in expression <}} count _clash) > 0) && (_killFactor > _surviveFactor)) then {

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

No explosion type

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" started.

Ragdoll - loading of ragdoll source "Soldier" finished successfully.

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

Generating ST on the fly is very slow

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

No explosion type

Generating ST on the fly is very slow

No explosion type

Cannot load sound 'a3\sounds_f\vehicles\soft\van_01\van_01_door.wss'

Cannot load sound 'a3\sounds_f\vehicles\soft\van_01\van_01_door.wss'

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

if ((({>

_clash set [_for>

_clash set [_for>

};

if ((({>

};

Extremely helpful. Thank you, Giallustio.

I'm not exactly positive of what is causing the issue, but I do believe the problem is that my civilian scripts are conflicting with ALiVE's profiling module.

The civilian scripts I am using spawn civilians, and when the player is no longer within 500 or whatever meters of that civilian, the civilian despawns. The problem is that ALiVE is trying to cache these civilians which are coded to spawn and then coded to despawn, therefore it breaks the profiling. This is all an assumption, but it makes sense to me. The only way to fix this would be to remove the civilian scripts or somehow exclude the spawned civilians from being profiled by ALiVE. I'll look into it.

Thank you very much, again!

Phronk, I believe i read (can't recall where) you can use the CQB module and use CIV_F as the faction to spawn civilians. not ideal as they don't drive vehicles, but it might be a compromise until the Alive team can fix their issues from the last patch. - they may show up as East though and it is a planned update in future release.

CIV_F doesn't work in ALiVE's CQB module (yet). It was the first thing I tried, actually. Seems to only allow the spawning of BLU_F, BLU_G_F, IND_F, IND_G_F, OPF_F, OPF_G_F, and of course CAF_AG_ME_T (Aggressors' Middle East insurgents faction)

Welp, I was making my own insurgency style mission for my unit with ALiVE and CAF_AG but looks like you are all over it, mine will no doubt be terrible in comparison.

Can I use your mission and modify it to have my units info for public play? I will of course credit you with the overall mission design.

Here is the one I am/was working on.

Edited by PenguinInATuxedo