Sign in to follow this  
daoarge

[MP] TvT@20 Urban Assault

http://daoarge.net/images/ua1.jpg (357 kB)

Before i started playing Arma2 i was completely into Americas Army 2, which was a very intense playing experience due to very good designed TvT maps.

One of my favorite maps was Urban Assault, which was very straight-forward: Secure both Ammo Caches (one near BLUFOR spawn, the other one near OPFOR spawn) in time to win the game. The locations of the Ammo Caches were known and didnt change.

So this is a remake of this mission, trying to create as much tension as the original with some exceptions:

- The ammo caches are spawned dynamically in different locations every time the mission gets restarted.

- There are also three different AOs, which can be chosen directly via mission parameter (default setting: random)

- In each of these AOs there are two spawn areas, which are assigned randomly.

- Mission time can be chosen between 15mins and 30mins, that means if time runs out before your team secured both ammo caches (and even with the other team completely eliminated), the game ends in a draw.

When the mission starts, there is no "gearing up" and the usual "Ohh, I need to do this and that" - it's just lock'n'load and GO!

misson type: CTF

area of operation: somewhere on Altis

version: 1.2

mission time: Daytime

Original misson thread

Download the latest version here.

Server hosting this mission can be found here.

Have phun,

DO

Updated to v1.4.

Changelog:

ADDED: two more AOs (research lab and military base)

ADDED: mission parameter to set time of day

ADDED: caller of Capture Cache function now also gets a message

ADDED: Revive (mission parameter!)

Original misson thread

Download the latest version here.

Server hosting this mission can be found here. Choose the Vanilla Server.