Sign in to follow this  
arjay

Getting the position of zeus camera

Hello!

I'm wondering if a dev can help me out, I can see that there is a script command to get allCurators, which when I place down 2 Game Master modules will return the Zues objects.

Now, I want to get the position of any Zeus cameras, I see there is a curatorCamera method but that looks like it only returns the current players? curator camera position, will there be a curatorCamera method eventually which when passed a curatorObject will return the camera for that curator? Or a curatorCameras to return all cameras? Would be great to do something like:

{
   ["CUR: %1 CAM: %2 POS: %3",_x, _x curatorCamera, position _x curatorCamera] call ALIVE_fnc_dump;
} forEach allCurators;

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Note I want to call this from the server

POST TESTING EDIT: So curatorCamera looks to be local to player :(. Is there any other way of getting the cameras position on the server via the allCurators array?

Edited by ARJay

curatorCamera is a local object, so I'm afraid there's no way how engine can see it at this moment. However, I'd like to have a visualization of other curators while in the interface (e.g., when two curator are working together and would like to know where the other one is), so there may be a solution in the future.

• Like 1

curatorCamera is a local object, so I'm afraid there's no way how engine can see it at this moment. However, I'd like to have a visualization of other curators while in the interface (e.g., when two curator are working together and would like to know where the other one is), so there may be a solution in the future.

Appreciate the reply Moricky, fantastic work on this by the way, have been having a great deal of fun with Zeus!

Will look forward to a possible server side solution in the future!