Sign in to follow this  
beavis_5000

Will someone explain the whole Zeus game mode to me?

It allows a "game master" to control the mission while it run(create missions, place out enemies and so on). It will be a game where you as the player must adapt to situations that are unscripted and put up by the game master.

See the trailer/live gameplay

It kind of reminds me of the Hunger Games and if you play as Zeus then you are like Philip Seymore Hoffman character in it.

More importantly it seems like it might finally give us a real 3D editor for creating maps as an alternative to the one we are used to where you just look down on a 2d map and have to guesstimate how it will look when you hit preview.

Im gonna say it. This would be perfect for a zombie mission. Could have times of relative calm and then the fog sets in, the day goes dark and BAM, zombie intensity!

I know how much our community is over zombies but hey, i still like them ;D

What is it with people spelling Zeus as Zues? There are spell checkers you know? We are going to inundated with the same people that spelled rogue, as rouge!

Im gonna say it. This would be perfect for a zombie mission. Could have times of relative calm and then the fog sets in, the day goes dark and BAM, zombie intensity!

I know how much our community is over zombies but hey, i still like them ;D

This!!

Yes Zombies is one of the first things that came to mind...

I think one of the main turn offs of Dayz is the lack of real threat from Zombies, the real enemies were sociopath douche-bags..

With this we can have real scary threats from Zombies!

What is it with people spelling Zeus as Zues? There are spell checkers you know? We are going to inundated with the same people that spelled rogue, as rouge!

Yes and we are all pleased to meet you Mr Spell Checker - You do know that some people are dyslexic and make such simple spelling mistakes! Hell even non-dyslexic suffers make such simple mistakes - Its called typing to fast and not proof reading before posting.

Seriously, do we really need the spelling police out enforce in the ARMA community? No we Don't!

And yes i am dyslexic myself, and find it offensive when people make comments like yours, especially when you have no idea how those like myself spend time checking our spelling and grammar so that it actually makes sense to you.

From what I understand it allows (admin?) to control weather? Is this all it does?

The way I like to explain it to people is it is like D&D, but with the modern military. Zeus is the DM and the players are the subje... errr players.

Hey, I might have an explanation. For some people, that do not speak native English it sounds like Zues, therefore while fast typing and typing phonetically they automatically type Zues instead of Zeus. It is a common issue with a lot of English words that are spelled differently and sound differently to foreigners ..

HI, i recently made a Zeus game mode in the editor Zeus vs Zeus game master mode bluefor vs opfor and i was wondering, i watched the live stream or well most of it, and they said that you can add mods and what now to it. i have the ac130 addon mod, is there a way for zeus to add that in yet or no?

Hell even non-dyslexic suffers make such simple mistakes

Let me correct that for you:

Hell even non-dyslexia suffers make such simple mistakes.

I have dyscalculia.

From what I understand it allows (admin?) to control weather? Is this all it does?

Zeus is a copy of an idea and implementation done by 2 community groups. VTS and MCC.

Zeus let you "edit" in 3d and in real time mission that are on going. Still this editing is limited and with less functionality than the 2d editor.

I have Arma3 through Steam. How do I install Zeus? I can't find a simple answer anywhere:o

I have Arma3 through Steam. How do I install Zeus? I can't find a simple answer anywhere:o

First, change Arma 3 to the developer's build: Open your steam library, rightclick on Arma3, choose 'Properties', change to the "Betas"-tab and make sure to select "development - Development Build"

After that you let Steam update your Arma 3-installation. Then you can start Arma 3 and are theoretically ready to go. Just to be sure: Zeus is Multiplayer only. If you want to use Zeus in your own mission, google for a tutorial or look at the available threads in this sub-board.