Tankbuster

Domination Redux by Champy and Tankbuster

Well I'm not sure if it matters, but at one point I stayed at the artillery in base, and watched the guns.  The first salvo was shot, and the artillery barrel froze in place with a muzzle flash portruding from it's barrel, and it just stuck there.  The second and third shell strike never happend.  Maybe it is stuck in some kind of infinite loop ... or this just is a gfx glich ... one of the two

Guess what? We're in the process of removing all the arty scripts and replacing them with the BI artillery module... The frozen muzzle flash thing happens there too. But in all our tests, it does fire every requested round.

I wanted to improve the arrest side missions. Having the arrested guy join your group didn't seem satisfactory to me, it's not really how you'd treat someone you'd just arrested IRL.

So now the arrested guy gets attached to the arrester, who then leads him to a vehicle or aircraft for transport to the Prisoner Processing Centre. During the arrest phase the player can't run.

• Like 1

Guess what? We're in the process of removing all the arty scripts and replacing them with the BI artillery module... The frozen muzzle flash thing happens there too. But in all our tests, it does fire every requested round.

So it's probably not an infinite loop on the animation.  Good to hear that the bi artillery at least does what it should :)

• Like 1

Well I've went through most of the code I don't see anything especially weird.  Could it be the darn things just run out of ammo ????

Well I've went through most of the code I don't see anything especially weird.  Could it be the darn things just run out of ammo ????

That's very possible. Something I hadn't thought of if I'm honest!

Let's see how the new arty system gets on. I've actually broken it in the latest build and am currently trying to fix it.

The good news is that I'm seeing an increase of between 5 and 10 FPS. Don't know if that's because the arty is broken or what, yet. LOL.

• Like 1

That's very possible. Something I hadn't thought of if I'm honest!

Let's see how the new arty system gets on. I've actually broken it in the latest build and am currently trying to fix it.

The good news is that I'm seeing an increase of between 5 and 10 FPS. Don't know if that's because the arty is broken or what, yet. LOL.

That is actually very good news.  Thing is when I'm testing my own mission I run at 75 fps, I spawn around 25 units ... bang drop to 40 fps ...  It seems arma 3 can barely handle 10 AI :(

Tankbuster,

Thank you for all your hard work and attention to detail. I really appreciate it.

I am using 1365 build and using PBO Manager to edit the description.ext to make it 07:00hrs.   Save, repack, put that on my server(a second computer so friends and I can play), it is still showing 12:00hrs as a start.   I tried changing some other parameters(team kill, AI level, etc) and those changes seem to stick and show up on the server.

How do I get the mission to start at 07:00hrs?

As far as the Artillery(I use it a lot) Laser Guided rounds work really well if you stay painted.  Have they changed the Cluster Munitions?

I do not run any mods. Only the DLC content from BIS

Thank you,

Monnie Rock

I am using 1365 build and using PBO Manager to edit the description.ext to make it 07:00hrs.   Save, repack, put that on my server(a second computer so friends and I can play), it is still showing 12:00hrs as a start.   I tried changing some other parameters(team kill, AI level, etc) and those changes seem to stick and show up on the server.

How do I get the mission to start at 07:00hrs?

You need to change the default start time in description.ext. The game is ignoring admin param changes and is taking the defaults. So change the default, it's line 79.

Failing that you could use a debug tool to change the time. When the mission starts, execute skiptime -5 in the server.

As far as the Artillery(I use it a lot) Laser Guided rounds work really well if you stay painted.  Have they changed the Cluster Munitions?

Yes, LG arty is excellent! I've not uses the cluster munitions, but they have been changed in the past, so I wouldn't be surprised if they got changed again.

You need to change the default start time in description.ext. The game is ignoring admin param changes and is taking the defaults. So change the default, it's line 79.

Failing that you could use a debug tool to change the time. When the mission starts, execute skiptime -5 in the server.

Tankbuster,

Thank you for the quick reply.

line 79 in the description.ext reads the value of 7.  save in notepadd++, repacked with PBO manager,  loaded file on the server.   I even deleted co40_domination_redux.altis.pbo  from c:\users\name\appdata\local\arma3\MPMissionsCache on the client machine.

Still starts at 12:00hrs    noon

Thank you,

Monnie Rock

Tankbuster,

Thank you for the quick reply.

line 79 in the description.ext reads the value of 7.  save in notepadd++, repacked with PBO manager,  loaded file on the server.   I even deleted co40_domination_redux.altis.pbo  from c:\users\name\appdata\local\arma3\MPMissionsCache on the client machine.

Still starts at 12:00hrs    noon

Thank you,

Monnie Rock

Yeah, confirmed. I'm seeing that too. Hassle BI to fix this.

Meantime, you'll have to use the BI debug tool to set the time

I'm actually using this for setting the time

if (isServer) then {
    _definedTime = "TimeOfDay" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue;
    diag_log format ["TimeOfDay: %1", _definedTime];
    skipTime ((_definedTime - daytime + 24 ) % 24 );
};

It seems to work , I believe I found this little piece somewhere in an older domination release

That was probably in Xenos paramshelper script that worked around this problem last time bi broke out?

I'll put that in my version today so we can all have it. Thanks mate

• Like 1

I'm actually using this for setting the time

if (isServer) then {
    _definedTime = "TimeOfDay" call BIS_fnc_getParamValue;
    diag_log format ["TimeOfDay: %1", _definedTime];
    skipTime ((_definedTime - daytime + 24 ) % 24 );
};

It seems to work , I believe I found this little piece somewhere in an older domination release

I can't make it work. BTW the variable is d_TimeOfDay.

I've tried running this in d_init and in init.sqf, and the diag_log reports time is as set in params, but the game starts at midday.

I'm running that code snippet in initPlayerServer and am using a variable to make sure it only runs once. Any earlier and it runs before the mission is actually going and gets ignored.

It seems if you use exeVM in initserver.sqf they all get fired at once but if one script takes a little longer to complete you are not sure of the execution and you can even get in a situation where init.sqf is launching even before initserver.sqf has finished I tried this approach that seems to be working with my severinit.sqf and init.sqf

diag_log format ["Executing initserver.sqf"];
_handle = [] execVM "controls\balancebar\balancebar_init.sqf";
waitUntil { scriptDone _handle };
_handle = [] execVM "scripts\threatmanager\threatmanager_init.sqf";
_handle = [] execVM "scripts\tug\tug_init.sqf";
_handle = [] execVM "scripts\time_setup.sqf";

[60,5*60,3*60,2*60,10*60,0] execVM 'scripts\repetitive_cleanup.sqf';

================

waitUntil {!isnil "bis_fnc_init"};

diag_log format ["Executing init.sqf"];

Each vm call will wait for the other to complete and init.sqf is blocking until initserver is completed although now that I think of it I'm not even sure I have to block ....

There are no official releases of this mission now. It's a long, boring story with tales of tantrums and hissy fits, but you can try this for my version of it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtuz4uk8idzjdfm/co40_domination_redux.altis.pbo?dl=0

PS, I'm not very good with dropbox, so please tell me if it doesn't work as expected.

I am well aware of the story, if you are talking about Xeno. I use to play Domination on Arma 2 and then forgot about it when Arma 3 released.

Your link seems to work, I'll try it. But I was looking for a Workshop-link so I could get auto-updates when updates releases. /me like automation. ^^

Yes, I was talking about Xeno. *see footnote* One of the things he insists on, and I respect his wishes, is that the mission must not be put on Workshop, so I've never done that.

As regards updates, I'm not actively working on this mission any more. I fix busted stuff as and when it's reported to me, but I'm not doing anything other than that to it.

If you find me on steam, or keep an eye on this thread and I'll keep upi on the latest build that I have.

* Oh, I see you've been around here for ages. Apologies if I came across as patronising. :)

Tank its Altis? Not Sara pbo? I thought you had done your version for Sara My mistake