Tankbuster

Domination Redux by Champy and Tankbuster

Funnily enough...for some reason now it doesn't work for us, too!

I have change how I do it normally (like I always do and like it always has worked). Which is more funny...it worked with the same version before...so is it maybe something Arma Related?

That's a shame. I was planning on coming to you for help on getting the HC going again soon!

Meantime, we are testing version of the new build and it's going slowly, but surely.

Hint. In the version you guys are playing now, turn off the CQB troops.

I just hope for a release of the new version soon. ^^ Hopefully that'll fix those problems.

But I'll definitaly try your tip out (probably not now but tomorrow)

@Tankbuster:

So you mean I should deactivate "Put some enemies in houses for CQB", aren't you?

@Tankbuster:

So you mean I should deactivate "Put some enemies in houses for CQB", aren't you?

Yes mate

Okay, that actually seem to have helped. The only thing I discovered that the AI is stupid like a loaf of bread but that might have something to do with ASR AI3. So thanks...I'm still hoping for the new version! ^^ (You made me really anticipated xD)

Yeah, BI changed the skill system. You can change the skill in parameters, that will help.

First of all i would like to thank you for this mission. It's awesome. You and the original creator have done well.

I would like to know if there are any Attack choppers or Jets that spawn? Do they fall under bonus vehicles?

Thanks

Joe

Yes, Joe, all of the blufor helis and jets are in the bonus lists.

Okay, that actually seem to have helped. The only thing I discovered that the AI is stupid like a loaf of bread but that might have something to do with ASR AI3. So thanks...I'm still hoping for the new version! ^^ (You made me really anticipated xD)

Update: Nope it don't. When the units Idle for long...they "rubber band" (quote from one of my member) around!

I'm going to test it out without ASR A3 now!

Update: Nope it don't. When the units Idle for long...they "rubber band" (quote from one of my member) around!

I'm going to test it out without ASR A3 now!

Thanks man! Figured it out when a jet swaped that wasnt there before!

I also then was shot down in subsequent jet - Should it respawn as its been a couple of days now and its not returned yet!

No, if its a bonus, it won't respawn. You need to pick it up with the wreck chopper and drop it on the wreck repair point. after a while it will get rebuilt.

So I tested Logos Idea of putting down a "Dummy Unit" and have to say, this looks like a solution for the not moving and/or rubber banding infantry units.

Simply put down a unit called "Dummy Unit" (or what every you want) and let it spawn with AI somewhere on the map. (Beste you build like a wall around him and disable damage for that unit)

Also I use the script version of VCOM (AI Enhancement) instead of ASR AI now.

Many Greetings

Moony

Thanks,

I take it there is no parameter that will allow for all vehicles / automatic respawn?

We only play with the 4 of us in a server and therefore takes us ages to compleate a town/side mission etc and would like the use of the advanced heli's etc

Thanks,

I take it there is no parameter that will allow for all vehicles / automatic respawn?

We only play with the 4 of us in a server and therefore takes us ages to compleate a town/side mission etc and would like the use of the advanced heli's etc

Yes there is a way to have these vehicles at the start of the mission and have them respawn back at base when they get destroyed.

It involves opening the mission (if Tankbuster approves, don't want to step on any toes here) and adding the vehicles you want at base. You will then have to add code to the vehicle's init box (use these scripts found here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23571 it explains how to) and voila, you have the vehicle again.

Hi,

I like to play on my own, any versions of domi extra ver4 that has ai recuit.

Hi,

I like to play on my own, any versions of domi extra ver4 that has ai recuit.

I've never tried it. Does it work in the current version?

The AI recruit function is controlled by a parameter so the admin can turn it on or off before the mission starts, but I've never used it so can't be sure if it works.

Hey Tankbuster, Hey Community,

I have two questions:

1. What script do I have to change to get other vehicles spawned by the bonus system (e.g. RHS Vehicles)?

2. Is it worth doing it NOW? (maybe because a new version is around the corner ;P)

Many Greetings

Moony

Hi Moony :)

The bonus vehicle array stuff is held in fn_preinit.sqf... look around line 100.

I wouldn't say around the corner. We've got lots to do and little time to do it in. Maybe as little as a few days, perhaps as much as a month. Sorry I can't be quicker or more accurate. :) My advice would be to change your version. Soul_Assassin would love to see your stuff in this mission - he's mate of mine, I know he'd be chuffed.

Thanks for that.

No problem no need to be sorry. I look in your thread on your homepage and can see with what problems you are struggle. (Also it really hyped me...new weather...nomnom)

Ohh you mean because I said RHS...it was just an example xD Sorry to say. I'll use Euroforce because my group decided to use that now ^^"

Edit: Can I just change the CTRG stuff or should I change everything behind "else"?

Edited by Moon_chilD

Hey Tankbuster, really do enjoy this mission but when these side missions come along... well game over. So referencing why this happens below in my previous inquiry, would you be able to tell me which side mission numbers are presently a "show stopper" so I can remove them from the GVAR(sm_array)?

Quote Originally Posted by vengeance1 View Post

Can anyone tell me why "Rescue" would not be able to get Officer or Hostages to join group?

For some reason, the officer/hostages often don't join the rescue operator's group, but someone elses group on BLUFOR. There's other problems with the code that do odd things. If they have joined the rescue guy and he dies, sometimes the group lead transfers to an AI, rendering the side mission completely ruined. All of these things we know about and are trying to fix up.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

Funnily enough...for some reason now it doesn't work for us, too!

I have change how I do it normally (like I always do and like it always has worked). Which is more funny...it worked with the same version before...so is it maybe something Arma Related?

Moon,

Could you explain a little more how you were able to get this working again? or is it just as easy to add the Dummy_Unit?

Hey Tankbuster, really do enjoy this mission but when these side missions come along... well game over. So referencing why this happens below in my previous inquiry, would you be able to tell me which side mission numbers are presently a "show stopper" so I can remove them from the GVAR(sm_array)?

Mmm. that's a tough one because we've made so many changes, not all of them documented. AFAICR, all of the hostage ones won't work and probably the mine clearance ones. BI broke the anti piracy missions.

Can anyone tell me why "Rescue" would not be able to get Officer or Hostages to join group?

For some reason, the officer/hostages often don't join the rescue operator's group, but someone elses group on BLUFOR. There's other problems with the code that do odd things. If they have joined the rescue guy and he dies, sometimes the group lead transfers to an AI, rendering the side mission completely ruined. All of these things we know about and are trying to fix up.

Yes, we have all the hostage and rescue missions fixed on our development version. In fact, I'm working on them right now. Not only is all that shit fixed, but there's a few sexy new features.