Tankbuster

Domination Redux by Champy and Tankbuster

Well, currently at work, but just had a buddy send me a message stating that with the new update to Arma 3 Client and Server, was told that none of the missions were populated with enemy soldier/vehicles or even the objective such at take out radio tower. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Works fine, got home from work looked at a few things, just deleted the HC client Module in editor and everything worked normally.

Edited by Crow_X
problem fix

Yes, 1.36 appears to have broken the mission.

Yes, 1.36 appears to have broken the mission.

It would seem that its just the HC stuff, but isServer works just fine. Never cared much for the HC side of it, breaks too often IMO.

Oh, that makes sense. The AI are created on the server UNLESS the HC is running. I guess the new HC stuff has broken those scripts.

Thanks for the release Tank! I know you guys have put some time in with this to keep it working properly. Great job guys.

Always nice to get some lovin' :) Thanks guys.

Thanks, Tavish. Much appreciated. :)

Can anyone tell me why "Rescue" would not be able to get Officer or Hostages to join group?

Also when I rejoin mission (JIP) I lose the Support Menu when I hit "U" or "T"?

I am wondering if it is related, has anyone else seen this? My server is set to Persistent and has Headless Client active

Thanks,

Can anyone tell me why "Rescue" would not be able to get Officer or Hostages to join group?

Because the original code is shit. :) For some reason, the officer/hostages often don't join the rescue operator's group, but someone elses group on BLUFOR. There's other problems with the code that do odd things. If they have joined the rescue guy and he dies, sometimes the group lead transfers to an AI, rendering te side mission completely ruined. All of these things we know about and are trying to fix up.

**Hi, Xeno!! // waves.

---------- Post added at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 ----------

Also when I rejoin mission (JIP) I lose the Support Menu when I hit "U" or "T"?

I am wondering if it is related, has anyone else seen this? My server is set to Persistent and has Headless Client active

This has been widely reported and we don't have a fix. It appears to be worse for engineers. I do know that it doesn't happen in the version of the mission that we're currently working on. But as the humble and modest original author has put a no-derivs license on the original version, I can't release it.

We do know that it is not related to persistent or use of HC. We also know that it will fix if you go back to the MP lobby screen where you choose a role and rejoin the mission from there.

//waves at Xeno again!! Hi! Love you!

I had following problem with domination on dedicated server with headless client. when i start domination and was alone on the server, first the enemy at the main target can see me and fight against me, when i die and halojump or teleport to mhq on main target or sidemission, they do nothing, i can stand in front of them, shoot them and they can´t see me. Only when i come back with a helicopter they shoot on it, but when i am on foot again they can´t see me ...

With more players on the server the problem does not exist, so i opened the mission pbo and placed a dummy soldier in the editor, far away on a isle with no damage, movement or weapons. Now when i start domination and set the dummy soldier to ai player, the enemy always see me and fighting me like it must be. Without headless client the problem is gone too. Maybe there is a better solution for it, but i don´t know much about scripting.

I had following problem with domination on dedicated server with headless client. when i start domination and was alone on the server, first the enemy at the main target can see me and fight against me, when i die and halojump or teleport to mhq on main target or sidemission, they do nothing, i can stand in front of them, shoot them and they can´t see me. Only when i come back with a helicopter they shoot on it, but when i am on foot again they can´t see me ...

With more players on the server the problem does not exist, so i opened the mission pbo and placed a dummy soldier in the editor, far away on a isle with no damage, movement or weapons. Now when i start domination and set the dummy soldier to ai player, the enemy always see me and fighting me like it must be. Without headless client the problem is gone too. Maybe there is a better solution for it, but i don´t know much about scripting.

Are you using any mods?

Yes, without mods and unmodified mission, only ASM Servermonitor was running. Same Problem happens in Xeno´s Domination 3.08.

Tried it today again. After dead i halojumped at maintarged and the enmies not moving, fighting ..., they can´t see me.

Only the Civilians running around :).

Mmm, dunno.

Is this on a dedicated server? If so, is it running Windows?

I don't know mate. There's no reason why it would behave that.

I can confirm HC breaks the mission... same symptoms as Logo. I'm sure you had it working with no issues, right TB?

Ah, that makes sense. Only civilians = HC problem as civs are only on the server. All other AI are HC if it's available.

I've not used HC in some time. It was just too crashy for my liking.

I've not tested it in the build we're currently working on TBH.

I can only suggest running the mission without HC for now.

No Tankbuster, like i wrote: so i opened the mission pbo and placed a dummy soldier in the editor, far away on a isle with no damage, movement or weapons. Now when i start domination and set the dummy soldier to ai player, the enemy always see me and fighting me like it must be. Without headless client the problem is gone too. Maybe there is a better solution for it, but i don´t know much about scripting.

The Performance with HC is realy nice and i don´t have crashes with it (160 Enemies, Enemy Vehicles and Helicopters + 7 Players = 46-50 Server fps).

Only "bad" thing is, on Domination start i must disable AI Players and only enable dummy player, other players can enable AI too. Better when Ai is disabled in mission, like it is in untouched version, but with a activated Dummy Player which is not visible on the map (or far away) and not visible in playerlist. So this fix is okay but not the best solution.

BTW, your Domination XTRA is running every day on one of our Servers and we like it really much.:bounce3:

Edited by Logo

I don't understand what this dummy player is for?

I still don't know what you have done to the mission, but whatever it is, you've broken it. I don't want to sound unhelpful here, but I can't help you when you've changed the mission in ways you can't make clear to me.

Yeah, HC dropped for now.

I don't know what Logo is up to but HC doesn't work with the version on the first post but like Logo said performance is fine, great fps, but the AI just ignore you or maybe sometimes engages at best.