Tankbuster

Domination Redux by Champy and Tankbuster

hi Tankbuster and Champy_UK,

I customize Domination Xeno for my team,

I changed camps on the maintarget (GVAR (wcamp) = "Land_BagBunker_Large_F" in the fn_preinit.sqf) but the flag appears too high (above the camp), could you tell me the change to solve this problem.

thanking you in advance.

=]FF[=Walt71

the file that creates them is createsecondary.sqf. We also changed the camp to the bagbunker large, but we never had the flag problem.

Hi Tankbuster,

Thank you for your help and quick response to the problem.

=]FF[=Walt71.

Any plans to upgrade this version on Domination using the new heli DLC an assets? I added the new Huron for Heavy lift an Wreck Repair(untested) was thinking somthing along the lines of ai on the new CSAT helis(for reinforcments) arriving on the open CSAT heli so the can shootas they approach the lz. Just a thought on makin it a lil more interesting. I found a reinforcment file in the mission files but am unsure where or which class name to replace. Script i looked at was....

ARMA3Alpha REINFORCEMENT CHOPPER SCRIPT.

Yes, the new version is nearly done. We were hoping to have it ready for the release of heli dlc, but it didn't get finished to a standard we were happy with. It will be a couple of days. A week at most.

BTW the next version will be addon free. No ctrg or c130

Sounds good. Arma 3 is in need of the good old arma 2 domi's and insurgency missions with no addons :(

Love the missions though. Great fun! look forward to the new one :)

I'm not an expert on the scripting part of the editor, but in the new release it would be awesome to have access to those personal UAVs, I'm not sure on how it's done but it would defiantly be a good addition.

Also, the TAW View Distance Script would be greatly appreciated! As some of us don't have the most powerful rigs on the market, and this mission is fairly demanding!

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to the update! :D

You can get and operate a darter from the menu on a deployed mhq.

Taw vd, I've never used. Will check it out

Release of version 3.02 of XTRA Domination.

changelog:

Improved group joning behaviour of rescued prisoners in side missions.

Improved failure condition of rescue prisoners side missions. If rescuer dies, mission fails.

New scripting function for disableAI.

Updated to latest version of COS civilian spawn system. (Thanks Bangabob)

Added parameters to allow server admin to control COS bomber extension (car bombs, IED, suicide bombers)

Improved UAV support system so players can't connect to UAV with a terminal (it's supposed to be entirely AI driven)

Improved scoring system for kills got by artillery and UAV support calls.

Fixed error with UAV markers.

Fixed error with MASH markers.

Changed weather systemso it's less likely to get stuck in a medium-fog/heavy-fog/medium-fog/heavy-fog loop.

Introduced COS extension. Can now create car and truck bombs (parked vehicles only)

Added. Some convoys now use civilian vehicles.

Added vehicle is now automatically detached if the lifting helicopter is destroyed. Prevents nasty desync stuff.

Added. Above system also added to wreck lift too.

Removed. All required addons.

Removed. All Independent style (were resided to West) from BLUFOR assets.

Added. New DLC content. Huron is new heavy lift, wreck lift, support drop and used in side mission where C130 used to be. MH9 is new MHQ 3.

Added. Custom heavy lift code to allow heavy lift HUron to sling load vehicls it wouldnt otherwise be able to do.

Added. Custom wreck lift code so wreck lift appears to use ropes (it doesn't really, just for show!)

Added Huron support containers. Still WIP.

Removed. Some redundant TT code.

Improved. Rearranged BLUFOR base to liftable HEMMTs are no longer under a metal canopy.

Improved. Changed some scripts to use BIS fnc spawn vehicle instead of Xeno function.

Changed. Headless client support changed to new BIS protocols and units.

Download link

http://teamspaff.co.uk/domination/co23_Domination_XTRA_Blufor302.Altis.7z

No addons required.

---------- Post added at 22:03 ---------- Previous post was at 21:57 ----------

Note that this will be the last public release of the mission. Licensing restrictions mean that we will no longer to able to release the mission after this build.

We will still be developing it and this thread will continue to be active and those who want to download and use the mission will be able to get it from our game server.

Edited by Tankbuster

Good job GITS Team!

Any plans on no addon version?

Would just like to point out that we are not part of |GITS| Anymore ................. We are now part of Battlegroup-=EXTRA=- ;)

Regards Bill70

Thank you very much for your hard work and this awesome mission. We love it! :)

P.S.: Hm.... could please be so kind and explain the follwing?

Note that this will be the last public release of the mission. Licensing restrictions mean that we will no longer to able to release the mission after this build.

We will still be developing it and this thread will continue to be active and those who want to download and use the mission will be able to get it from our game server.

Due to "Licensing restrictions" you are not allowed to distribute the mission via this board, but without any restrictions via your server? :confused:

The old versions of the mission were released by Xeno, the original author under very 'generous' licensing terms. Versions since 3.00 have much more a restrictive license and we can't publicly release any mission that uses code from version 3. Basically, It's for personal use only and we can't do public releases but obviously, if people want to download the mission file from my server, there's nothing I can do to stop them.

As to why a mission maker would want to release a mission that has been, since 2008, enjoyed by both players and editors under a no-derivatives license, your guess is as good as mine. *shrugs*

Tank, with latest version, if we don't have the DLC and atm quite a few refuse to get it....How would I go about changing the type of helo for heavy lift chopper and have it able to pick up the vehicles/containers without it having trouble lifting it or crashing to the ground? Tried with Chinook, Mohawk, Merlin, and all seem to not have enough power to pick anything up, but can drag it across the ground lol.

We were doing some experimenting last night, we changed one of the MHQs to a taru transport pod, and it worked quite well as an object that can be lifted by the ghost hawks. It worked as an MHQ, but unfortunately sacrifices the ability to load an ammobox on the pad.

We set the other MHQ to a repair offroad, and it works like a charm.

Wish I was having the same luck, just can't even get what ever it is we're hooked up to off the ground, its like the helos can't lift it.

Tank, with latest version, if we don't have the DLC and atm quite a few refuse to get it....How would I go about changing the type of helo for heavy lift chopper and have it able to pick up the vehicles/containers without it having trouble lifting it or crashing to the ground? Tried with Chinook, Mohawk, Merlin, and all seem to not have enough power to pick anything up, but can drag it across the ground lol.

mm, yeah, that's a tough one. This will only work with the Huron. Weirdly, the Mohawk has the same lifting power as the Ghosthawk, which is not nearly enough to lift anything decent.

I've fixed an error in the released version that was stopping the normal lift choppers working and coincidentally, that will also allow you to use the Mohawk as a heavy lift. But this update isn't going to be within a few days, so you're going to have to either wait for it or bite the bullet and get the DLC. Also, the version in question won't be publicly released but I'm sure you know how to get it when it comes. *waves to Xeno... Hi!!*

Appreciate it Tank, will get with the group and see if they gonna suck it up and get the DLC, I haven't yet because was no point in being the only one and I personally don't care to fly lol. Thanks again bud.

We were doing some experimenting last night, we changed one of the MHQs to a taru transport pod, and it worked quite well as an object that can be lifted by the ghost hawks. It worked as an MHQ, but unfortunately sacrifices the ability to load an ammobox on the pad.

We set the other MHQ to a repair offroad, and it works like a charm.

Hmm, some odd design decisions there, but I'm not here to tell you how to play your mission! :) Having the taru pod as an MHQ is funky, but as you say, it can't load an ammo box. It doesn't have a driver position and it's the driver who commands the ammo box load. I don't actually play it with loading an ammo box - we put a bunch of magazines into the Hunter MHQ and when they run out, players have to service it back at base to reload it.

I've got some strange ideas about using a Huron transport container as an MHQ. You can either hoist it onto the HEMMT prime mover as an MHQ carrier or sling load it under a Huron.

Before you gents take it over privately, any chance you could help me out with keeping the respawn at a marker that's currently in domination, but replacing the med system with AGM? Put he modules in that AGM requires, but for some reason, we can still revive as if weren't even running AGM. Would appreciate it, and gentleman, damn good job on latest release, too me a min to get it figured out on helos to lift without the DLC, but all good now.

Before you gents take it over privately, any chance you could help me out with keeping the respawn at a marker that's currently in domination, but replacing the med system with AGM? Put he modules in that AGM requires, but for some reason, we can still revive as if weren't even running AGM. Would appreciate it, and gentleman, damn good job on latest release, too me a min to get it figured out on helos to lift without the DLC, but all good now.

Don't worry, we're not going anywhere. *Waves at Xeno again... Hi!!*

Reference AGM, talk to Breech, he's done an AGM version.

Don't worry, we're not going anywhere. *Waves at Xeno again... Hi!!*

Reference AGM, talk to Breech, he's done an AGM version.

Right on! I'll do just that, send him a message or how would he prefer I go about that?

Right on! I'll do just that, send him a message or how would he prefer I go about that?

He's pretty easy going. I'm sure a pm will be fine.

So if I haven't shelled out the $16 for the DLC with two helicopters I can't really play this mission right? Does it require the Chinook for vehicle recovery etc?

The mission is best with the DLC yes. The black Huron (future Chinook) is for lifting wrecks and the minigun Huron does the heavy lifting. The Ghosthawks do the lifting of the light vehicle, but that's broken. There will be an fixing that in a few days.