Tankbuster

Domination Redux by Champy and Tankbuster

SpeedyBoy,

(before your snip) :)

You broke one of the init scripts. I've done it often and have seen exactly what you saw.

I'm afraid we don't do VAS so you're very much on your own with that one. :)

That was my next question(adding VAS) but you answered above. While playing yesterday we had an unusual (weather or View distance issue) while playing it just all a sudden became foggy for all clients on the server out too maybe 1000m max or so(I prefer 5000 an could'nt set 5000, terrain did'nt adjust). Attempted to adjust it in (U) settings but fails also rejoining did'nt fix. Almost positive I had dynamic weather on an fog off.

That was my next question(adding VAS) but you answered above. While playing yesterday we had an unusual (weather or View distance issue) while playing it just all a sudden became foggy for all clients on the server out too maybe 1000m max or so(I prefer 5000 an could'nt set 5000, terrain did'nt adjust). Attempted to adjust it in (U) settings but fails also rejoining did'nt fix. Almost positive I had dynamic weather on an fog off.

For those who want to add VAS.

The top of the cfgfunctions.hpp should look like this.

#define addc(cname) class cname {headerType = -1;}
#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
class cfgFunctions {
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
version = 3.0;
createShortcuts = 1;
class Dom {
	tag = "d";
	class Dom_Client {
		file = "x_client\x_f";

The string tables, Go alllll the way to the bottom of the stringtable.xml file and just add the stuff thats in the read me.

Finally, add this to the ammo box that you want to be your VAS. I created an entirely seperate box to be the VAS, just for safety purposes.

this addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf"];

How sudden did the fog come in? We use Meatball's excellent weather system. It shouldn't be all of a sudden, it should fade in over a few minutes. Each weather type lasts for 20 minutes, so you should see it clear up after a while.

If it's working correctly, what you're seeing is a feature, not a bug. It affects your tactical decisions - use the weather to your advantage, only fly when the weather is good,

The current parameter doesn't allow weather to be turned off, it's always on, but that's something we could change, especially for those who like to play under clear sunny skies all the time. :) Check what your parameters are set to, there no options like the ones you describe.

How sudden did the fog come in? We use Meatball's excellent weather system. It shouldn't be all of a sudden, it should fade in over a few minutes. Each weather type lasts for 20 minutes, so you should see it clear up after a while.

If it's working correctly, what you're seeing is a feature, not a bug. It affects your tactical decisions - use the weather to your advantage, only fly when the weather is good,

The current parameter doesn't allow weather to be turned off, it's always on, but that's something we could change, especially for those who like to play under clear sunny skies all the time. :) Check what your parameters are set to, there no options like the ones you describe.

I just noticed how my view distanced all a sudden became limated to maybe 500m was @ the factory complex in Athira on 1st town an from one of the roofs the far side of town was pretty obscured. Almost 100% positive I had fog off an Dynamic Weather on. Will keep an eye on it further as I restart the server daily.

For those who want to add VAS.

The top of the cfgfunctions.hpp should look like this.

#define addc(cname) class cname {headerType = -1;}
#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
class cfgFunctions {
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
version = 3.0;
createShortcuts = 1;
class Dom {
	tag = "d";
	class Dom_Client {
		file = "x_client\x_f";

The string tables, Go alllll the way to the bottom of the stringtable.xml file and just add the stuff thats in the read me.

Finally, add this to the ammo box that you want to be your VAS. I created an entirely seperate box to be the VAS, just for safety purposes.

this addAction["<t color='#ff1111'>Virtual Ammobox</t>", "VAS\open.sqf"];

Similarly, those who want to add BI's Virtual Arsenal (personally I prefer that one, as it is quicker to load, and it's more visual) just need to add this line in the init of any vehicle or ammobox (well, in fact, in any object's init line...):

this addaction [""Arsenal Virtual"",{[""Open"",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal}];

No more scripts, or anything, since it uses the one already in game. Also you can personalize your loadouts from the main menu.

I don't recommend adding it to vehicles, as at least for me, it don't work after a vehicle respawns.

So I am running into one odd issue...

So if I call in a UAV as a Squad Leader, and I use the UAV terminal to take it over, it breaks everything with my character. My squad icon sticks in a static location in the map. Other players can no longer see me. until I get into another vehicle or something, and if I get into another vehicle, I cannot get out or eject. Not sure what would cause that but its just worth reporting

This sounds like the old UAV terminal bug. But to be honest, you're not supposed to connect to the UAV. Just let it do it's stuff when you laser designate a target.

So I am running into one odd issue...

So if I call in a UAV as a Squad Leader, and I use the UAV terminal to take it over, it breaks everything with my character. My squad icon sticks in a static location in the map. Other players can no longer see me. until I get into another vehicle or something, and if I get into another vehicle, I cannot get out or eject. Not sure what would cause that but its just worth reporting

I think that has nothing to do with UAVs, that's more a problem of desync that A3 is having right now. You get into a vehicle, and then can't get out, or if you can, nobody can see you or hear you shooting, but you are in fact there and can shoot down enemies. And if you are using TFR people can't hear you in proximity unless they are in the proximity of the last vehicle you got in. It'll probably be fixed in next patch.

This sounds like the old UAV terminal bug. But to be honest, you're not supposed to connect to the UAV. Just let it do it's stuff when you laser designate a target.

I know I am not suppose to ;) But the in game UAV pilots are pretty dumb... So when after 3 call ins and laser desigator setup, and the damn thing still doesn't drop its LGBs, I tried to take matters into my own hands...

I know I am not suppose to ;) But the in game UAV pilots are pretty dumb... So when after 3 call ins and laser desigator setup, and the damn thing still doesn't drop its LGBs, I tried to take matters into my own hands...

Give it time. It sometimes takes a few passes for the UAV to get the right ingress.

Got BIS Arsenal in mine which actually is better than VAS since it has every wearable item in the game in it an better functionality(I think) than VAS. If it's up on my server now if u need the mission.Was very easy to implemant with a lil help. Lil update about the side missions i been doing another player informed me the clear water mine field needs a repair tool an mine detector(hav'nt confirmed on my own yet). Found the "End Side Mission" dunno if I maybe broke it by using it or what happend but other day the side missions would pop up 2 at a time an auto complete so had to restart server to fix.

Edit..

Ok spoke to soon. Have no way of testing this other than ploppin on my server an running an found that i was only one able to use the BIS Arsenal not sure if thats a JIP issue or a clientside issue also was lil suspicious of the guy that could'nt as he had clones spawning with em(maybe nothing) just me. Anyways will got the code of a tutorial a guy posted on youtube to get the Arsenal working. If I recall he said it should work on MP but had'nt tested. Willkeep looking. I'd add VAS but I'm a lil if'y about adding more code to current init line's (fear I'll break something I can't fix)in missions otherwise i'd just throw in VAS. Heres the tutorial I used to add BIS Arsenal...

Edited by Call_911

I got it in last week and removed it quite quickly after. Unfortunately it isnt as easy as it may seem. Domination saves kit etc and it didnt like performing with VR arsenal saves. Maybe when they improve the icons and we get more used to it we might look into it a lot further. For now how it is.. is good enough

Champy

I got it in last week and removed it quite quickly after. Unfortunately it isnt as easy as it may seem. Domination saves kit etc and it didnt like performing with VR arsenal saves. Maybe when they improve the icons and we get more used to it we might look into it a lot further. For now how it is.. is good enough

Champy

Yeah I dunno trying a differnt one now that just enables it via the init line of the ammo box vs the other one that had a named box an other code to get it to work. Seems like maybe Domination did'nt like the 1st one so if this one works will use til you guys come up with somthing more stable. Funny thing about ArmA editing is it can be either very easy to use or flat out just breaks everything or causes unwanted effects.:j:

Yeah I dunno trying a differnt one now that just enables it via the init line of the ammo box vs the other one that had a named box an other code to get it to work. Seems like maybe Domination did'nt like the 1st one so if this one works will use til you guys come up with something more stable. Funny thing about ArmA editing is it can be either very easy to use or flat out just breaks everything or causes unwanted effects.:j:

It works to a fashion but the save of Domination itself over writes the VR save. I couldn't get the SAVEs in VR to recall/loadup. I had 5 profiles and all appeared grayed out. Not over impressed with the way it does it and also think the icons are nigh on useless. As a non Vas enthusiast i cant comment on that in comparison to VR. Having pre set load outs is a nice idea and would save time but in my eyes negates the need for a fancy loadout option as once you have set your kit and saved various options like Engineer/medic/Pilot etc you wont need to do much other than click and load saved loadout... guess each to their own.

Tankbuster, today we found what I think is a bug on a side mission. We had to destroy some factory (building in a red-orange colour, with a side staircase to get to the roof). We planted more than 10 satchel charges and some more demolition ones, and it didn't go down. We had to skip it.

Where was this, becario? Can you remember which town? Or you can get the side mission number from the server RPT?

Hmm, don't know what's going on Becario. Spawned the building using debug and killed it with satchels. The SM script does it pretty much the same way. Try putting them in the corners as I#ve done here.

the town was neri? panochori? it was a town south-east of kavala. I don't know, we put a shitload of satchels, satchets everywhere, and nothing. maybe it was just an isolated bug. if it is repeated I'll tell you right away.

It works to a fashion but the save of Domination itself over writes the VR save. I couldn't get the SAVEs in VR to recall/loadup. I had 5 profiles and all appeared grayed out. Not over impressed with the way it does it and also think the icons are nigh on useless. As a non Vas enthusiast i cant comment on that in comparison to VR. Having pre set load outs is a nice idea and would save time but in my eyes negates the need for a fancy loadout option as once you have set your kit and saved various options like Engineer/medic/Pilot etc you wont need to do much other than click and load saved loadout... guess each to their own.

The version of your guys Domination on my server has a working Virtual Arsenal if u want it. It's in the crate to the right of the clothing crate.

We know that it works of a fashion, 911, we just have issues with the design of the UI and there are still questions as to if it works happily with the Domination gear save scripts.

The options in the middle mouse menu that appear in red - gear save and gear clear - do they actually work as expected? Especially after revive and/or respawn.

Ideally I'd like to make it a parameter switched option. Server admins should be able to decide from the MP role selection screen if they want to use the VA or not.

Please send me what you have so we can see if you did anything particularly different to how we did it last time we tried it.

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 ----------

the town was neri? panochori? it was a town south-east of kavala. I don't know, we put a shitload of satchels, satchets everywhere, and nothing. maybe it was just an isolated bug. if it is repeated I'll tell you right away.

I set Champy to test the SM while I was making the above video. The reason that there's no sound on my vid is because there was lots of 'anglo-saxon' language over teamspeak from Champy as he too couldn't get the mission to work properly. :)

My vid was based on a lashed up attempt using debug to make the building but there are some scripts the Domi runs to make sure that the building is only killed by satchels, not by rockets/missile/players crashing aircraft into it. It's entierly possible one of those scripts isn't working properly.

I'll have another look very soon and get back to you.

We know that it works of a fashion, 911, we just have issues with the design of the UI and there are still questions as to if it works happily with the Domination gear save scripts.

The options in the middle mouse menu that appear in red - gear save and gear clear - do they actually work as expected? Especially after revive and/or respawn.

Ideally I'd like to make it a parameter switched option. Server admins should be able to decide from the MP role selection screen if they want to use the VA or not.

Please send me what you have so we can see if you did anything particularly different to how we did it last time we tried it.

---------- Post added at 08:30 ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 ----------

I set Champy to test the SM while I was making the above video. The reason that there's no sound on my vid is because there was lots of 'anglo-saxon' language over teamspeak from Champy as he too couldn't get the mission to work properly. :)

My vid was based on a lashed up attempt using debug to make the building but there are some scripts the Domi runs to make sure that the building is only killed by satchels, not by rockets/missile/players crashing aircraft into it. It's entierly possible one of those scripts isn't working properly.

I'll have another look very soon and get back to you.

Will make a point to pay attention to that mainly been just using the profile created in Virtual Arsenal though I had a few times went to the "Save Loadout"(in red) to save a current loadout(I created with VA) so I could spawn with it at an mhq versus going back to base an picking/changing to the loadout I just died with etc. Was'nt really looking for bugs between the two though will keep an eye on it today.

Yeah makin it a server mission setting would be nice, some of the guys in my server like it simply because it allows weapons that guys can't normally use an allow the character customcreation they want. Course you had that also in the gear/uniform crate also. Just woke up so hope this makes sesne :D

Edited by Call_911

Edessa :)