Tankbuster

Domination Redux by Champy and Tankbuster

Hi Tanky;

I just added A-164 Wipeout and change to ranked version. It looks like everyone can fly that bird or other air vehicle even with private rank. Any chance to solve that problem ? Thank you in advance.

I'll have a look, mate.

Are you on our Redmine issue tracker?

I'll have a look, mate.

Are you on our Redmine issue tracker?

No I'm not. How can I get access to that ?

thx,

pawel

No I'm not. How can I get access to that ?

thx,

pawel

messaged you in steam

Hello,

Does anyone have an idea why after rejoining Domination on a Dedi Server that player would lose the "U" key menu functions for Domination? It's like the JIP is not working for some reason?

Thanks

Hello,

Does anyone have an idea why after rejoining Domination on a Dedi Server that player would lose the "U" key menu functions for Domination? It's like the JIP is not working for some reason?

Thanks

I got the same issue yesterday in dev branch , do you use stable version ?

I got the same issue yesterday in dev branch , do you use stable version ?

Well yes if that's the standard download that's all I use, just odd, and it happens consistent without fail if you come back next day and log back in. What file is not activating? Setup player? Is there another way other than Key U or T to activate it like a Laser Designator?

I've never seen this issue. Just tried it a number of times on both my test server and my clan server. No problems.

What mods are you using?

Thanks for checking that's got to be it, so my mods are, most all are client side:

AGM

ATM_Altimiter

Blastcore_A3

Helo_HMDs_Kimi_v11

LHM

LHM_Para

Mao

Mao_anims_sway_fix

sthud_a3

vts_weaponresting

vz_cms

Eeeek. That's a lot of mods! LOL. I can only suggest you try this again without mods.

Hey Tank, where would I got to disable the revive used on domination so that I can just have AGM set up?

Revive can be turned off in the parameters. In the slot selection screen, the server admin can change parameters.

yeah, but when i turn it off to use AGM, it doesn't acknowledge that I have AGM running and just does default respawn.

Oh, so you haven't integrated AGM into the mission? If I'm honest, this is probably not something I can do, but I promise I will have a look into it. If it's simple, it might be doable, but I suspect grafting it into Domination existing respawn system might be too tricky.

No worries at all, AGM isn't bad, prefer ACE, but just working with whats available atm.

Ah, well you should know that I won't be supporting ACE3 if and when it appears.

In other, better news, we've put Meatball's random weather system in and tweaked and updated it a little. It's now a weird cross between that and tortuosit's system. Meatball's is easier (for me at least) for the MP mission maker, but tortuosit's system renders the fog much better as it uses more recently available commands. There should be a number of sexy new side missions and we've some plans to make the most of the new netcode we're being promised. :)

Edit: Meatball's script does use newest weather commands, contrary to what I said above.

Edited by Tankbuster

Firstly, thank you for porting this great mission to Arma 3.

I've just downloaded the latest version, and cannot fin d out how to set it so that the engineers get the repair/refuel option in their action menu. It doesn't seem to be an option in the Parameters section, and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else. I know its possible, because I have seen other servers with it.

Could someone let me know how to enable it?

Thanks!

I think you mean "engineer full repair (old versions)"? It's in the parameters screen. Also, you will need to be carrying a toolkit.

Edited by Tankbuster

I think you mean "engineer full repair (old versions)"? It's in the parameters screen. Also, you will need to be carrying a toolkit.

Ah! Thanks for the reply!

Hi Tankbuster!

Great mission. I'm editing it a bit to adapt it to my group's taste, and we've been using it for some week now and we're quite happy.

One question, how can I make it so only people with higher ranks and people in pilot slots can fly? right now when you go into a helo it says that only pilots can fly, but it does not make people go out of the vehicle. people just keep getting into our server, take the helos, destroy half the base cause they can't fly them, and then leave, and I want to prevent that.Right now I have all the helos blocked so people can't get in unless an admin opens them.

Also, I added BI's Virtual Arsenal on MHQs, but once they get destroyed and respawn the init doesn't load and it's not present. How can I change that? I can't find anything in the different scripts and code.

I don't think there's any code to allow only higher ranked players to use aircraft.

The Air Vecs Autokick time might help. You can set it so they have to be in the server for a certain time before they can use aircraft.

Exactly what happens with the only pilots can fly parameter? We don't use it so I've not tested it recently.

Likewise the Virtual Arsenal. We've never used it, but it looks very cool indeed. We've made the mission so that at the MHQ you only have access to magazines. The weapons, clothing and headgear is all done at base via custom scripted boxes. You want to have the entire VA available at all the MHQs?

I'll take a look at that Air Vecs Autokick. I think some point-based script would work, since ranks are based on scoring.

I don't know what happens. I have it enabled in the mission parameters, but people can still get into choppers and fly them.

Virtual Arsenal is quite cool. We've been using it since they released it, and it's got a nice UI, you can see the gear you take, and place magazines and stuff in the clothes you want. Also it's a lot faster than VAS.

And yes, I would want to have it in all MHQs. In fact I've added the call fnc line in the init of the vehicles in the editor, but then as soon as they respawn, the vehicles don't have the VA. Where should I add the line?

I have this line:

this addaction [""Open Virtual Arsenal"", { [""Open"",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal; }]

Now that I think about it, I think the pilots only restriction applies to attack helicopters only, so probably not the ghosthawks/mohawks.

We might be able to add a point based restriction in that works in a similar way, but presumably you'd want that to apply to ALL helicopters.

I'll have a quick look into why the air vec kick isn't working soon.

As for VA, I can't promise anything on that front, but.. never say never. :)