Tankbuster

Domination Redux by Champy and Tankbuster

That's odd because we recommend the mission is only played on a dedicated server. So I'm surprised that's giving you trouble.

Are there any errors in the RPT when the tower and stuff fail to appear? I suspect you might see errors in the createsecondary function.

Does it happen every time? There is a problem related to smaller town main targets, but that doesn't break anything.

It does sound like one of the scripts have failed in some way. To be honest, I need you to test it without VTS, because that's all thats different with my setup. BTW, we do use TMR resting with no problems.

If you still struggle, get back in touch and I'll drop into your server and have a look. Start with getting the server RPT. I need to see that.

We managed to solve the problem. It was caused by Linux Dedicated server, which doesn't seem to work as intended. Once we switched to using Windows Dedicated server on Linux via Wine, everything started working properly.

Hi Tanky, great work on domination. thx for continuing Xeno hard job. I wonder if there is possible to get paras on MT target back. I found that MTHeliReinforcements just hover over MT and it is easily shot down. Can you tell me how to get paras back ? Thx in advance.

We managed to solve the problem. It was caused by Linux Dedicated server, which doesn't seem to work as intended. Once we switched to using Windows Dedicated server on Linux via Wine, everything started working properly.

OK, glad you got it working again.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Hi Tanky, great work on domination. thx for continuing Xeno hard job. I wonder if there is possible to get paras on MT target back. I found that MTHeliReinforcements just hover over MT and it is easily shot down. Can you tell me how to get paras back ? Thx in advance.

Unlikely. We prefer the heli reinforcement system that replaced the paradrops.

OK, glad you got it working again.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Unlikely. We prefer the heli reinforcement system that replaced the paradrops.

Yeah , I know it looks much better but it simply does not work correclty. Heli with soldiers hovers for 10-20 minutes or never lands...

Yeah , I know it looks much better but it simply does not work correclty. Heli with soldiers hovers for 10-20 minutes or never lands...

But we almost never see this behaviour. In fact, we spent ages tweaking the scripts so that they don't get stuck in hover. Are you using AI behaviour mods?

About the reports that he heli lift doesn't work; I've had a load of reports of this and have not been able to replicate the problems. I've tried my own clan server, my test server and dropped into a number of other servers running the mission and never had any problems.

I suspect that some of the reports stem from players not using the right helicopter. Although the game does make it clear when you get in the aircraft which is which, I'll just reiterate it here.

The wreck chopper is the black ghosthawk and can only lift wrecked vehicles you have won. It can't lift anything else.

The normal lift chopper is the other ghost hawk and can lift all the light vehicles which is basically the MHQs and the HEMMTs.

The heavy lift chopper is the Mohawk and can lift all the heavies which is, broadly speaking, all the tracked vehicles.

Hi TB, first of all great work on the domination mission we are running it.for few weeks now and have alot of fun on it.

And for the lifting: we dont have any problems with lifting vehicles and it all works great.

Send with mobile phone.

I have seen your server, Melle. It's a massive boost for us to see the mission being used so much. Thank you very much. :)

Well have seen alot of domi style missions and.played them but this 1 is top of the list compared to Xeno's arma2 version :)

Send with mobile phone.

Gosh. High praise indeed! :)

Having issues getting the objectives to spawn - I'm assuming a radio tower is suppose to spawn and something to actually capture?

We are on a dedicated Linux box, I'll PM you the IP/password to login as admin and you can check it out yourself

Having issues getting the objectives to spawn - I'm assuming a radio tower is suppose to spawn and something to actually capture?

We are on a dedicated Linux box, I'll PM you the IP/password to login as admin and you can check it out yourself

I did have a look. The radio tower hasn't spawned, nor has the secondary main target, the camps or the side mission.

It seems one of the scripts has not launched. I though it was because you have AI recruitment turned on, which I've not used or tested in some time, but I did try it here on my Windows box and everything worked just fine.

So, if you haven't changed the mission code at all, then the finger of blame does seem to point at the OS of the server.

I need to see the server RPT, can you get that to me please? Also, are you using any mods at all? Meantime, I'll ask around the community and see if anything turns up.

Use Windows Dedicated server via Wine, fixes the problem. We struggled with the same problem and found out that the mission doesn't function properly on Linux dedicated server, only way to workaround is to use Windows Dedicated Server via Wine.

Use Windows Dedicated server via Wine, fixes the problem. We struggled with the same problem and found out that the mission doesn't function properly on Linux dedicated server, only way to workaround is to use Windows Dedicated Server via Wine.

Amazing... another fine well programmed production from Bohemia.. Thanks BIS!

Been a while since I've posted on here, but ya know how RL gets in the way......Just have one question, why is there so much stuff that spawns at the side missions? It's like a mini Main objective.

Hi Crow,

It depends on which SM you mean. The CQB/house-to-house missions spawn a lot of AI, sometimes up to 100, but that's the nature of that mission. On the other hand, the truck-airlift-some -supplies mission often spawns with no enemy at all, the runway crater clearance missions (properly fixed in the next version) are the same. Half the time, they have no enemy at all.

I the development version in my harddisk, we have 155 side missions, so to make them varied and not samey, some of them have lots of AI and some of them don't. Perhaps you've just been unlucky to draw the missions that have lots on enemy.

Related point. Some servers have 3 players in and some gave 23 and it's not at all easy to make side missions that are good for both types. We are hoping to implement a system that will be in 3 parts that might be of interest.

he number of AI in the main and side missions (and the civilian population)

1. is adjusted to suit the number of players. More players, more AI.
  2. is adjusted according to the server FPS.More FPS, more players.
  3. will be also manually adjustable by a lobby admin parameter.

We're hopeful this will be a simple system to implement. It's going to involve a heck of a lot of code, but the code should be fairly simple.

Thats completely understood, was just hell when we went after a few of them, like steal the plane/helicopter..just alot of armor lol. Still a damn fun mission honestly. Any luck with the optimization to make the mission file any smaller? Or still using quite a few of the old domi stuff as well? Have you guys though of integrating AGM as an option for the med system?

Possibly a way to add TFAR into mission instead of ACRE?

Edited by Crow_X
dbl post

We've already removed the MBTs from all the side missions that don't specifically require them. That MBTs should be in these outposts, away from the main enemy concentrations seemed odd to us so we took them away. That said, an annoyed Tigris is much more dangerous to a player group that even a couple of T100s! :)

Mission file size? That's only going one way I'm afraid and that's bigger and bigger. It's grown recently because we added a bunch of new sound files and there's more to come as we learn to add new features that need them. We've trimmed out a lot of redundant code. All of the ACE stuff has gone and much of the Two Teams stuff too, but that only saves a few KB.

But you see, I don't understand why mission file size is a problem - you're only going to download it once, when you first join the server and a 6MB mission file takes 10 seconds longer that a 4MB one.

AGM, no plans, but I've not looked into it. TFAR most definitely. It's hopefully going to be in the next release, shortly after I can drag my arse back off holiday. :)

Hi All,

Today's update broke the mission. Helis does not spawn. I think it is related to: "RotorLib simulation enabled"; It does not spawn only on dedicated servers, Editor is fine...

That's a shame, Pawel. I'm assuming you are using Dev build, which I've not used for ages. Does the same thing happen in stable build?

PS, Task Force Radio is going in the next release of the mission. It won't be a required addon, the mission will automatically sense if the server is running the addon and use it if it is.

That's a shame, Pawel. I'm assuming you are using Dev build, which I've not used for ages. Does the same thing happen in stable build?

PS, Task Force Radio is going in the next release of the mission. It won't be a required addon, the mission will automatically sense if the server is running the addon and use it if it is.

Stable build is fine. I switched to it.

P.S. I just made simply test mission, I put a heli in editor and a player, saved as MP game. Started dedi server with that test mission and heli is not visible. (New heli model off in the game options). So it is not a domi mission but any mission is broken.

Edited by PawelKPL

Stable build is fine. I switched to it.

P.S. I just made simply test mission, I put a heli in editor and a player, saved as MP game. Started dedi server with that test mission and heli is not visible. (New heli model off in the game options). So it is not a domi mission but any mission is broken.

Thanks for that. Hopefully this can be fixed before it gets to stable build.