Tankbuster

Domination Redux by Champy and Tankbuster

I'll post some new links later mate.

Tankbuster, It says on the brief for the navel mines that you have to be an explosive expert, so i have joined the server as one and brought a tool kit with me still cant defuse the mines (is there a special spot on the mines)

When we drive into the cable of the mines they explode over our heads when in deep water in the shallow water we drop helies on them and they explode, it clears the mines and the mission is won , hehe.

I found that out by accident we were trying everything we could to do that mission, were about to give up when I called in and air taxi and it landed in the water and blew up some of the mines, noticed there were less mines , so we dropped 2 more helies on them and cleared the mission.

Might be nice to make the heavy lift chopper to lift boats and subs, it takes a long time to drive a mini sub to the mine field.

Also noticed the AI dont HALO jump or teleport to the MHQ with you.

on the med truck we just park at main entrance in front of the green house

I remember an old domination we used to play and you could load a MOAB into the transport plane, was pretty cool.

Edited by cuppa

The latest non mod version is obtainable by joining my public server hosting it.

from the next version, TB will be releasing it jointly with the mod version, as I understand it.

Zach I will look again for your server but I was not able to find it.

Tankbuster, It says on the brief for the navel mines that you have to be an explosive expert, so i have joined the server as one and brought a tool kit with me still cant defuse the mines (is there a special spot on the mines)

When we drive into the cable of the mines they explode over our heads when in deep water in the shallow water we drop helies on them and they explode, it clears the mines and the mission is won , hehe.

I found that out by accident we were trying everything we could to do that mission, were about to give up when I called in and air taxi and it landed in the water and blew up some of the mines, noticed there were less mines , so we dropped 2 more helies on them and cleared the mission.

Might be nice to make the heavy lift chopper to lift boats and subs, it takes a long time to drive a mini sub to the mine field.

Also noticed the AI dont HALO jump or teleport to the MHQ with you.

on the med truck we just park at main entrance in front of the green house

I remember an old domination we used to play and you could load a MOAB into the transport plane, was pretty cool.

The brief does say that and we thought it was the case. We discovered recently anyone could do the defuse as long as they had a toolkit. A rebreather is handy too :) I'll test the naval mine now are report back soon.

The AI have never been able to teleport or HALO. So it's not broken - it's never been working.

Agreed about the lift chopper lifting these things. It can lift the blufor gunboat in the version I'm working on now. Lifting subs? I'm not sure. You have to remember that the naval mine missions weren't designed to be doe using SDVs so they aren't put somewhere where the route is short. There are new side missions in development that might need SDV lifting, so all is not lost. :)

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

Update. You DO need to be an explosives expert. When we first made the mission you needed to be an explo expert. Then after version 1 of the game, this changed so that anyone carrying a toolkit could do it. I've just tested it it's back to the proper state. You now do need to be an explosives expert carrying a toolkit to do these.

It's not hard to find the sweet spot, it does seem to work best if you approach from underneath.

Release of non- addon version.

This is based on the last addon build, v1.10. Breech99 has taken that version and removed all the addons.

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/GITSDominationA3/missions/X@co23_Domination_GITS2_Blufor.Altis.pbo.1.15.7z

Future version will feature better and closer integration between the addon and non addon version, but this work has been delayed by us trying to put the COS civilian system into the mission.

Release of non- addon version.

This is based on the last addon build, v1.10. Breech99 has taken that version and removed all the addons.

http://www.gitsarma.gamingdeluxe.net/GITSDominationA3/missions/X@co23_Domination_GITS2_Blufor.Altis.pbo.1.15.7z

Future version will feature better and closer integration between the addon and non addon version, but this work has been delayed by us trying to put the COS civilian system into the mission.

cant load the mission saying need lifter addon and some other addon

Oh dear. The addons probably are still referenced in the sqm. I can't fix this until until later when I get home.

OK, there appears to have been some confusion here. This is not an addon free build of the mission at all.

Edited by Tankbuster

The one on my server is. Will try to make a download link tonight if people can't be bothered to grab it from the server.

You did send it to me Zach, but I can't find it?

Is the version on your server the same as you sent me (and I lost)

I never sent you the 1.10 version tank. Will try to get on tonight to provide a link.

*EDIT*

OK here is a link for non-mod version 1.10:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05lb6iuou73e39g/%3DSO%3DDomination_GITS_v1_1.Altis.pbo

Edited by zach72

Hey guys, thanks for the epic mission.

First of all, i would like to add, that for some odd reason, the bonus vehicles wont spawn upon completion of the objectives.

For the mission that Zach posted at least, since im guessing thats the latest version.

The non mod have the following problems:

*No rewards when you complete a mission.

*No Artillery available.

*TFAR Serious mode is hard coded into a channel "tf_radio_channel_name = "Domination Radio (auto-join)";"

TB do you plan to release a non mod version?

I don't really do the non mod version, but I do what I can to help the chaps who do make them. The version I am working on now is aimed just that.

I've got a few things to tidy up and then I'll release it and hopefully, you'll see less problems. Give me a day or two.

I'm aware of the problems with the reward system. Does it ever give any prizes?

Can you give more information on the artillery problem?

I don't know what the TFAR serious mode is that you mention. More info required on that one, please.

The TFR hard code a line I left in the init file or the SOinit, if I recall. I'm busy with RL at the moment, so don't have time to address this yet. If TB's new version isn't out soon to support modded and unmodded, I will try to fix as soon as I am able.

no rewards must mean I left an invalid classnames in the reward array. I've never used or changed the artillery, so not s clue there.

I don't really do the non mod version, but I do what I can to help the chaps who do make them. The version I am working on now is aimed just that.

I've got a few things to tidy up and then I'll release it and hopefully, you'll see less problems. Give me a day or two.

I'm aware of the problems with the reward system. Does it ever give any prizes?

Can you give more information on the artillery problem?

I don't know what the TFAR serious mode is that you mention. More info required on that one, please.

TB disregard my comments as all are related with Zach's non mod mission.

I will wait for your new mission!!

Zach,

Yes I think the problem with the no rewards and Arty not available is related to a wrong class.

The TFAR I already solve it.

OK good work soldier. :)

I doubt I'll get an update out today, am planning on spending an evening with the family, but rest assured, there is some good stuff coming and LOTS of funky stuff planned.

Any plans for Ranked to work? Or should it be? When ever I turn on rank, I start with the proper bare bones gun, but I can grab anything from the create and use it despite the x_weaponcargor_a3 saying they shouldnt be.

Any plans for Ranked to work? Or should it be? When ever I turn on rank, I start with the proper bare bones gun, but I can grab anything from the create and use it despite the x_weaponcargor_a3 saying they shouldnt be.

Plans - yes, it is on our task/bug tracker but a timescale for it? I'm afraid not.

It is a great feature that I'd love to get working, but it does mean a rather laborious sorting through all the weapons available. To be honest, I'm not sure there's a wide enough range of weapons available to make it worthwhile. I mean, Is there a basic enough rifle to give the zero point player and a great one to give the 1000 pointer? Also how it'd need to control access to scopes and silencers. The more I think about it, the more I worry it might be a massive job!

Release of 1.20.

This is the addon version. It requires the CTRG Vehicles and Aircraft pack and the EBU C130.

http://teamspaff.co.uk/domination/other/@co23_Domination_GITS_Blufor.Altis.V1.20.BU1334.7z

Below is the non addon version.

http://teamspaff.co.uk/domination/other/co23_Domination_GITS_Blufor.Altis.v1.20.BU1335.no_addons.7z

Edited by Tankbuster