lev

Zeus Feature Request Thread

An official method to save the mission and play them the next day with friends, it would be just awesome.

Please BIS, make this happen. :butbut:

Better Artillery control. We can set a waypoint and tell the Arty "Fire Mission," but you can't specify the number of rounds, or even tell the Artillery to stop. It would be nice if you could place a fire mission and be able to customize it and then press "fire." Right now you have to select them, right click, and then hurry to change the waypoint into a "fire mission" waypoint before the artillery all try to move to the point. It sucks, to be honest.

And being able to save your own prefabs (such as the bases in the 'empty' groups) would be amazingly helpful as well.

i would love to see AI controlling zeus, so i can play zeus vs zeus against AI like world in conflict where the AI controls the roles.

Better Artillery control. We can set a waypoint and tell the Arty "Fire Mission," but you can't specify the number of rounds, or even tell the Artillery to stop. It would be nice if you could place a fire mission and be able to customize it and then press "fire." Right now you have to select them, right click, and then hurry to change the waypoint into a "fire mission" waypoint before the artillery all try to move to the point. It sucks, to be honest.

And being able to save your own prefabs (such as the bases in the 'empty' groups) would be amazingly helpful as well.

The whole waypoint system in Zeus sucks this way. You have to rush in order to control it. Amazing design flaw. This goes for HighCommand waypoint system as well.

Remote control function stops working if you don't use it for an extended period of time.

Also if the mission goes on for long enough the end mission/ordinance functions also stop working.

hi karel godfather of zeus (who is the original godfather himself),

thnx for the zeus mod. like it much.

i mentioned in the last dev branch updates we get no

bugfixing or new features for zeus.

are you guys still working on zeus, or is it secondary project atm at the bis headquarters?

some wishes from me

A

how waypoints should work

1. first set a position for a waypoint

2. settings window will open

3. do your settings, click ok

4. not until then the waypoint is active

B

give us a zeus settings menu ingame

or maybe a option-menu in the zeus layout, where players

can set up some zeus functions.

with this menu we can set up some basic zeus stuff

for example waypoint activation direct on or off

(like written in a)

C

Please, please, please add the behaviour function to

the waypoints (search and destroy, hold, sentry, guard, ...)

setted up in the in a-2 mentioned window.

the curator presets mod brings this to the arma universe

but i think its better we have this option in vanilla arma.

the waypoints of the autonomous vehicles can easily changed

please combine this with zeus.

D

show us a custom set waypoint name like:

attack route 1

attack route 2

attack route 3

the name "attack" is set by the user

the numbers shown are the numbers of the connected waypoints in a row

it would be a good thing for combat overview for a zeus player with lots of

waypoints all over the battlefield.

E

some camera position save points

1. go to a specific spot on the map

2. set up your view you want

3. save the camera

4. camera is dircet choosable in the zeus layout menu

5. 1-5 cameras can be saved (layout positions in the zeus menu)

6. abibility to delete a camera

i stop now, otherwise the list is getting longer an longe.

... if you find time, please think about the stuff i've written above.

thnx and cheers

johnny

Make a Feedback Tracker ticket for that, martcroft. If we can save briefings as Zeus, why not save compositions? Or groups of things in general. Having a base to assault ready to go without having to spend some time pre-positioning all the AI at different altitudes would be handy.

I really hope they add the ability to create custom group and base compositions (and also save their skill aswell)

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but you cant copy/paste a unit with custom loadout :(

A really great thing to see would be the ability to assign different objects/modules to a keybind.

It would be totally up to the player to decide which things he wants to hotkey.

For example, the 5 most common things I place as zeus are Remote Control, OPFOR Sentry squad, Custom Objective, Change Time, Change Weather.

The number keys across the top of the keyboard would work quite nicely for this.

So say I want to remote control a unit (which I do quite often), I would just hold down '2', and while I hold it my mouse appears to be carrying a remote control module. Now I just click on the unit I want to control. Perhaps all 10 number keys can be bound.

Because Zeus is under a huge time stress (he is trying to create a mission and have the players wait as little as possible, things like this would actually make a huge difference.

Feedback Tracker Post - Please drop an upvote or note

Can we have a selection of modules that trigger basic cutscene animations on any selected AI unit (talking, sitting around, repairing vehicle, reviving somebody) please? Would be great to add some ambience to missions.

The punishment animations show that it can be done easily via modules.

I know that i could put something in the unit's init field to achievethe same effect , but modules would be so much more convenient.

I'd love to see the mine overlay they show off in the VR explosive training added to Zeus, so that you could see the effective range and blast area of any mines you place down, as an overlay when you're choosing the position.

As a side note, I've still never been able to get mines to work correctly in Zeus, seems that no matter what I do they will show up on all the player's maps. Doesn't seem to matter if i'm using zeus with a character as owner, set to the opposite side, set to neutral (no side), same result.

Edited by Soulis6

The last answer from a worker of Bohemia on this topic was the 04 april.

Possibility to have an answer of what we could expect ? or what we need make to help the team of Arma.

Are they even working on Zeus anymore?

I dearly hope so. ZGM is about the only thing I play on public servers anymore and I think Zeus has still a lot of potential that is currently unexploited. The Virtual Aresenal was a nice addition, but i'd really like to see more stuff coming in soon.

Most importantly I'd like to see a settleable limit for each loadout slot (e.g. only allow 1 sniper or 2 pilots per mission etc.) right now.

Could there be a new thing a I just dreamed up:Time setting for Patrols;3km, in15minutes.8km in 45 minutes and so on.How relaxed a Patrol is.

Some Randomized Patrols with some chance that they carry Sa-7 Igla SAM`s.

What if we can disable the Heat Maps if we play `behind enemy lines`?

Make ai to turn on tactical light

Spawn ai with garrison form in building or sturcture

Availabe to add custom music or sound

Change wind direction for future feature

Make ai to fire ambient gun shot in every vehicle, like AA or Mortar

Properly working 'take control' in zeus. still can't control. hate to click thousand time for taking ai control

Properly working 'take control' in zeus. still can't control. hate to click thousand time for taking ai control

Also, we should be able to select the AI we want to control from the list on the left side and not only directly on the map. I don't even know how to control a specific unit within a helicopter or vehicle, since i can only place the "remote control" module over the vehicle itself (which defaults to selecting the driver/pilot)

I understand why this could be an issue buuuuuuuuutttttt........My community constantly asks me to move them around and I cant. I always have to spawn them a chopper or something like that. I realize the trolling potential of this but, in our community trolling is not an issue.

Custom groups, especially "empty" ones (with static objects). This would allow Zeus to save a basic preset for a mission layout, perhaps a base setup or similar.