lev

Zeus Feature Request Thread

Hmm I haven't tried going in the editor yet, see if there's a Zeus Module in there to set attributes for the exec field.

I totally don't' get this change. I can't seem to figure out how to log in on admin even when i'm hosting the server, and it doesn't seem to work in the editor either.

Edited by Soulis6

For security reasons, Exec attribute is visible only when debug console is available, see Zeus documentation.

Ah thanks very much for the quick reply, that fixed it for my mission.

Is it intended though that it doesn't work in the editor by default? The default behavior of the debug console is editor and SP enabled, but I couldn't get it working there.

Ah thanks very much for the quick reply, that fixed it for my mission.

Is it intended though that it doesn't work in the editor by default? The default behavior of the debug console is editor and SP enabled, but I couldn't get it working there.

I'd recommend the MP-editor: Host a new multiplayer game on LAN, and then create a new mission by selecting the topmost entry for each map.

We've fixed most of the issues with remote control (auto-NVG, auto-reload, broken inventory and inaccessible artillery computer). Ability to speak / chat through the controlled unit won't make it to the initial release, but it's high on my list of post-release updates.

Ability to speak / chat through the controlled unit won't make it to the initial release, but it's high on my list of post-release updates.

I know, I know, I shouldn't just post approval or disapproval... but... WOOOHOOO! :D

Ability to speak / chat through the controlled unit won't make it to the initial release, but it's high on my list of post-release updates.

This will be really cool if it's added.

I must admit I havent had much time with Zeus yet so apologies if these features are there already and I just havent found out "how to" yet, but based on what Ive see so far, the top 3 features I would like to see in Zeus are:

1) The ability to set waypoint speeds without having to rely on exec commands

2) The ability to set units/groups on simple area patrols using just a few clicks of the mouse and without the need for waypoints

3) The ability to use the more detailed waypoint types, like SAD, LAND, GET OUT, TRANSPORT UNLOAD for example

Its looking like a fantastic and unique feature already.

The updated Remote Control fixes are awesome, being able to handle the inventories of AI is great!

One issue i noticed though, is when I used the artillery computer on an opfor mortar unit, it looked like all the shells went the opposite way I tried to fire them, like if I choose a position 1km away to the south, it would end up hitting 1km away to the north. Has anyone else tried this or had different results?

Sure it's already been suggested and some of this may be already possible... but:

• the ability to have an Air class vehicle spawn in the AIR with it's engines already on and ready to go.
  • A module that you can place that has a radius setting and group type setting. (Place the module on the ground, set a 300m radius, and click from a drop down a cfgGroup for that faction - the result is that the faction patrols the area defined in the module's radius); a cheap and easy patrol function.
  • (this may be already possible) A way to build an Outpost composition, save it, and have it run and placed via the Zeus (the objects placed can just be run from the local machine of the zeus?)
  • A populate building module. Place the module on the build you want to reinforce/populate with stationary AI; saves a bunch of time.

can zeus pls be removed?? or can you just give us the option to disable this ****?

because of zeus i cant play on any server anymore...

for what did i bought the game when i can do nothing with it? -.-

I would really like to see something simple to add/remove addons in Zeus. Module called "Manage Addons" sucks hard.

I'd love to have more keybinds for everything. Last placed unit, remote control, thunder etc. Would make the usage much smoother.

Probably already a request in the thread, but "save composition".

Useful in so many ways, but in my mind gives life to a possible dynamic MP campaign.

Make the AI react to planes in the Fire support module. If the AI is walking around on relaxed and a plane strafes them, killing half their squad, they won't give a hoot right now.

Add the ability to right click in the 2D and 3D editor, and click on a "Set camera here" and "Set map here" option, sort of slewing the 2D editor the that point, and vice versa.

Add a simpler object movement feature, like that in VBS, where you simply drag the object in one of three dimensions without having to hold a key for each of them.

1. ability to control/delete/move all units (even ones you add using the normal editor before the mission or mcc afterwards)

This x10000000. Or if someone could find a way to mod it to do that.

Make the AI react to planes in the Fire support module. If the AI is walking around on relaxed and a plane strafes them, killing half their squad, they won't give a hoot right now.

Add the ability to right click in the 2D and 3D editor, and click on a "Set camera here" and "Set map here" option, sort of slewing the 2D editor the that point, and vice versa.

Add a simpler object movement feature, like that in VBS, where you simply drag the object in one of three dimensions without having to hold a key for each of them.

Can't you already do the 2nd two things?

you can middle click anywhere on the map and the camera goes there,

and by hitting LCtrl + F* (any F key, F1, F2, etc), you can save a preset for the camera, which can be recalled by simply pressing the Function key again.

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but Does anyone know if they plan on including a function for you to save the placed zues objects and units into a mission sqm?

Fix the remote the AI, can't remote them sometimes even i click precisely to unit, it hit the ground or nowhere. why it highlighted when we cursor to unit? because we are pointing that unit not the 5km out of ground or water place, it would be great for every game maker.

Edited by kgino1045

hi,

if possible, implement something like upsmon script into zeus.

define a area, put ai in it, various waypoints, behaviour are automaticly generated

and please give the bounding boxes of the units a front icon, so everyone could see where

they look at during placing.

thnx!

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but Does anyone know if they plan on including a function for you to save the placed zues objects and units into a mission sqm?

I don't know if there's any official method planned, but the awesome MCC let's you do this.

Would it be possible to add a "pause game" option for Zeus to use?

I intend to have Arma/Zeus as a backdrop for roleplaying gaming, so the pause thing would be a nice option to have (and not too terribly difficult to implement, I assume).

And for those who do not want to use it, ever - it's easy not to click a button or choose a menu item.

I've been trying for a few days now, and i have found that although i can make a player with the ability to enter the zeus interface, I cannot make my player able to respawn at one of my Zeus placed respawn points. Basically my goal is to be able to play with the players, but also be able to enter the zeus interface to make any changes to the scenario in real time. I would have posted this on the general forum but for some reason i am unable to post. Is this something that can be done in the ArmA 3 editor or is Bohemia going to add this?