Sign in to follow this  
terox

Documentation (Post here any tips useful to others)

Documentation, even at this early stage would be very helpful

Failing that as we delve into mission development using zeus, posting back ones findings will be helpful to others

There's an ingame tutorial in Zeus Showcase.

s7rbaWnl.jpg

Click on the picture

Edited by Neodammerung

DATA

•Various weapons, uniforms, vests, headgear and item holders are now placeable in editor and Zeus

And I am sure the classnames have been added for Opfor / Independent groups.

Right now you have to add these:

"Weapons_F_NATO","Weapons_F_CSAT","eapons_F_FIA","Weapons_F_ItemHolders","Weapons_F_Headgear","Weapons_F_Vests","Weapons_F_Uniforms","Weapons_F_AAF"

to an Add Addons module synced with the Game Master module.

Where I can create/prepare mission before players join the server. (mission creator) Is it possible or not?

Tip, if you want to simulate an bomb car set the waypoint of the car to the position you want and when the car is there, set dammage to 1 by doubleclicking in the car.

so the second tooltip it says that there are 2 modes free and forced,how do i enable free mode if i want to play a multiplayer game with friends?

Hello eveyone,

at the moment I am working on a Zeus mission for my community and running into some technical difficulties.

The most prominent problem is that the gamemaster does not see the litte player icons in the interface. Therefore, he has no indication about the positions of the different players! Do any of you know how I can resolve this issue?

For some reasons the icons are shown in the editor but not in a multiplayer sessions.

My second question is concerning the "CuratorObjectPlaced" eventhandler. Their are two curator objects present and both objects get a "CuratorObjectPlaced" eventhandler attached to them in the course of the initServer.sqf. These eventhandlers are identical and used to get the Igiload script to work. However, the eventhandler does only work for the first curator instance and I have no clue what the problem is...

Tip, if you want to simulate an bomb car set the waypoint of the car to the position you want and when the car is there, set dammage to 1 by doubleclicking in the car.

You can blow up any vehicle, mine, ied or explosives by pressing the "End" Key while the unit is selected...

The players need to be added as editable items. Drop an addEditableObjects module, sync it to each player, then sync the module to the zeus that is to see them in the zeus interface with the dotted magenta/cyan/pinkish looking line.

Can someone please tell me how to loop the waypoints for a soldier? I managed to do it for a few times but have no clue how I did it.. Tried to connect them with drawing a line holding Control but that is not working. Did search the forums and some other website but doesn't seem to be documented. :o

EDIT: Solution see post #22

Edited by m0nkm0nk

Can someone please tell me how to loop the waypoints for a soldier? I managed to do it for a few times but have no clue how I did it.. Tried to connect them with drawing a line holding Control but that is not working. Did search the forums and some other website but doesn't seem to be documented. :o

This is mostly an issue with Zeus. In Zeus we are unable to change the type of waypoint placed. It's always "Move". In the editor, you can place a "Cycle" waypoint, and it will connect to the nearest existing waypoint or unit start position. For now, you have to manage your minion's waypoints. If you want to set a routine patrol, you need to place the circuit yourself fifteen times over, and check back later.

This is mostly an issue with Zeus. In Zeus we are unable to change the type of waypoint placed. It's always "Move". In the editor, you can place a "Cycle" waypoint, and it will connect to the nearest existing waypoint or unit start position. For now, you have to manage your minion's waypoints. If you want to set a routine patrol, you need to place the circuit yourself fifteen times over, and check back later.

I'm aware that Zeus lacks waypoint options but I really managed to make a loop a few times but have no clue how I did that ^^ Hidden feature or just pure luck? :p

The players need to be added as editable items. Drop an addEditableObjects module, sync it to each player, then sync the module to the zeus that is to see them in the zeus interface with the dotted magenta/cyan/pinkish looking line.

But after they respawn, wouldn't that link/sync be broken?

*Edit* I've tried syncing them, and it still doesn't show up.

For some strange reason it works sometimes but not others.

I've figured it out, Farooq's Revive was breaking it.

Edited by Caeden

I'm aware that Zeus lacks waypoint options but I really managed to make a loop a few times but have no clue how I did that ^^ Hidden feature or just pure luck? :p

Cannot remember what key it is to make multiple waypoints, but to make it a repeating cycle you hold down either alt or control along with the multiple waypoints key for the last waypoint.

man these forums don't make it easy to post do they...

Pretty sure I saw cycling patrols made of four waypoints in the Eurogamer video. I don't know if that's in the build we are using, though.

For me, holding Ctrl and placing waypoints set's them up, hitting Alt+ctrl and placing waypoints cycles them.

For me, holding Ctrl and placing waypoints set's them up, hitting Alt+ctrl and placing waypoints cycles them.

Thanks, works like a charm :)

Quick tip:

The display of the Zeus interface is using the IDD 312. Just in case anyone wants to create DisplayEventhandlers for Zeus...

Has anybody got an idea how to add custom pictures to the documents/secret documents/intel-items?

It's kind of absurd to have a nice pic of the beaches of Altis on the secret documents that are supposed to give away the location of a secret research facility on Namalsk...