Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Can't get unit to MOVE

This is what it’s about:

a group1 is about to make an escape with a boat. There is a guard close to the boat. They kill the guard. Once the guard is dead, the screen fades out.

When the screen is faded the group1 is deleted, and group2 is spawned inside the boat. This script is triggered:

fake4_k9 moveingunner speedboat; fake4_ar moveincargo speedboat; fake4_medic moveincargo speedboat; fake4_eod moveincommander speedboat; fake_truck_driver moveindriver speedboat;     

selectPlayer fake4_k9;

deleteVehicle k9; deleteVehicle ar_; deleteVehicle medic; deleteVehicle eod_3; deleteVehicle truck_driver;

fake4_k9 enableai "MOVE"; fake4_ar enableai "MOVE"; fake4_medic enableai "MOVE"; fake4_eod enableai "MOVE"; fake_truck_driver enableai "MOVE";

Problem is: ''fake_truck_driver'', which is supposed to DRIVE the boat, REFUSE to move. The boat simply stands still and nothing happens.

Someone may ask why I didn't let the first group be directly spawned into the boat. The answer is: it doesn't work. If I let the same group spawn directly into the boat, they will just disembark.

How do you order the driver to move ?

I order the driver to move via a waypoint ''Move'', with Full speed, and set to Careless.

Cyper,

AFAIK moveInCargo does not make the unit to "know" he's in the vehicle, try to assignAs... before or after, maybe that's the solution. Maybe this way you don't have to spawn a fake group or at least make the fake group move....

It doesn't work. The units still disembark. I tried both assignAs, ordergetin, separetly, and both and it didn't work.

I even tried to make it even more simple:

I used ''this moveincargo boat'' for each respective unit. For the driver of the boat I used disableai move. I did waypoints out on the sea. I used ''hideobject true'' inside the boat init.

In a trigger, ''enableai move'' was written inside for the driver, and ''hideobject false'' for the boat. The boat appeared but driver refused to move.

I have used exactly the same type of method on land vehicles and it works.

Edited by Cyper