.kju

Iron Front LITE mod in Arma 3

nHtsq98.jpg

Logo by Lennard

What is Iron Front in Arma 3?

---

It is a World War II Eastern Front mod based on the standalone game built by AWAR.

Read all the details or check out promo media in this thread.

What is the LITE version?

---

• Free version with low quality textures and sounds.
  • SP missions and campaigns are not available.

What to do with it?

---

• Try the LITE version before buying the full version.
  • Play community made missions/campaigns or use the editor to create your own.
  • Play together with your friends or other players that have the full version.
  • Fully MP compatible to the full version and can be modded as well.
  • The "Iron Front LITE - D-Day 1944" DLC can be combined with Iron Front full.

Download and play

---

How can you assist

---

• Try it and play it
  • If you like it, tell your friends
  • Promote it with screenshots or videos
  • Mod it - new missions, modify it and create new addons
  • Join the team to help further improve it
  • Report issues

Enjoy. :bounce3:

If you appreciate our efforts, the huge amount of time went into this and want contribute financially,

you can buy the game via our affiliate link or you can donate:

# kju

btn_donateCC_LG_global.gif

# tierprot

logo_s1.png

Enjoy. :bounce3:

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

Awesome, people should take the opportunity to hop on the Iron Front testserver!

It aint even looking that bad in arma3, a nice middleground between allowing multiplayer fun and combability and keeping an incentive to opt for upgrade to High Quality!

i just instantly had some PVP fun on the Iron Front Arma 3 Testserver:

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/613915113346112134/71E5C7463B255A92A95DDD55A9B10CE859D7B242/ (154 kB)

682775C15EF774A9DE61C41ADEC76E95A5EA8BEA

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/615042917394275993/29E61002269B7A82AF25200BE757CCAF49333AF0/ (165 kB)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/613915113346113342/CAB7D77FF05D15E90639C8DE1D90B3BB399CEE14/ (266 kB)

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/613915113408855463/1649F713393A94269410C558450FE5CF461A2A83/ (261 kB)

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

Would love to play on the Arma 3 server but need to know the password to login.

Any ideas since the IF devheaven page doesn't list it but gives the web address.

thanks

No password needed. Just search IronFront Arma server and you ready to go.

Searching does not bring up the server, and it requires a password to join. Just checked again and nothing has changed.

When was the last time you joined?

This is for Arma 3 not Arma 2. I can join that no problem.

Edited by rowdied
lots

Is there a list of server for this? I'm not seeing any in the browser or on swec.se.

This is the best thing that could have happened in ArmA3!!!

Edited by scifer

Great news and once again kudos to kju and others involved making this happen!

Anyway, looking at the bat files I noticed a couple "%" characters to much so if anyone having issues starting with it try replacing the last part with this...

arma3.exe %_DEFAULT_PARAMETERS% %_DEVELOPMENT_PARAMTERS% %_PROFILE_PARAMETERS% "-mod=%_CUSTOM_MODS%;@LIB_DLC_1_lite;@IF_Other_Addons_lite;@IF_lite;@AllInArma\ProductDummies;@AllInArma\A1Dummies;%_ARMA2_PATH%;%_ARMA2OA_PATH%;%_ARMA2OA_PATH%\Expansion;%_ARMA3_PATH%;@AllInArma\Core;@IFA3M;@IFA3;@AllInArma\PostA3"

exit

/KC

Oh crap.. fixed the batches :o

Thanks for the notice KC :bounce3:

Great job kju.

Now we will speed up our TacBF compatibility to play some WWII TacBF missions. That is just what we was waiting for. Now is AiA SA on target.

Once more, great job m8.

one Question can i get lower Price buying the Arma 3 Version if i send you back my full Version of Iron Front and DLC ?

and where i can find a Price List of Full Version Arma 3 for Rebuyers ?

Edited by [J4F]Thunder666

If you have Iron Front standalone game you dont need to buy anything

yeah i find it 30 mins ago :yay: . was a Mistake and iam a Noob. Thats the best News since 12 Month. And if our Server online again we will setup a MP C&H Server. You Guys are Heros for Tonight :D

Thx 4 this really good News.

So i have one Question for the Moment: if i start the IFLRconverter there is no Path Option or Arma 3 ?

Greetings Thunder

Hello there

Three online chums I know have now bought IFL due to this lite version.

Excellent Idea.

Rgds

LoK

@ Thunder

If the converter can't detect the paths, it means you don't have the registry entries.

Either set them yourself or re-install the games and start with admin permissions once or set them yourself in the converter.

ok thx. I must reinstall and try again. Other Question: if i have converted to Arma 3 Mod, i can uninstall orginal Game ? It is like a normal Mod then ?

Short summary

1. Have A2+OA+IF+A3 installed and patched to latest version

2. Convert IF standalone to the mod version with Play withSIX or the IronFrontArmaConversion tool

3. Apply the community patches one after another (1.06, 1.07, 1.08) and DLC patches (1.01, 1.02, 1.03) when present

and now a little bit confused. 2.convert... and 3. apply the Patches.... apply Patches after converting ?

Thunder

@ Thunder

After the conversion you no longer need Iron Front (standalone) correct.

Best read the full install guide first if the short summary confuses you. :)

I confess I boutht this game when it was released but didn't play it cause it's standalone. I think standalone games kind of isolate itself.

Now it integrates Arma and I will play it to death!

Thank you kju! I hope AllInArma totally port Arma 2 some day.

i really going crazy now :( please explain it as i can understund it. thank you !

1. i only need Arma 3 and IF44 right ? Not A2 or Arrowhead ?!

If i run the convert Tool i get THIS

there is no Arma 3 Option !! (Steam Version)

Manual install

Conversion process

1. Download IronFrontArmaConversion_YYYY_MM_DD.7z from the files section and extract it to your desktop

2. Read and acknowledge the IronFrontArmaConversion_Disclaimer.txt

3. Install the conversion tool

4. Run the tool, hit Create IF Arma button and wait for conversion to complete - this will take a while

ok i have no Path to Arma 3 but i hit (4.) the Button. After a while and converting the Tool ends with a Short Message.

So where the Hell are now the converted Mod Folders ? The convert Toll is using Tmp Space but i cant find nothing.

please Help.

Thunder

ok understund now, was only a big waste of Time at the Moment. I will return if it is ready for ARMA 3 only. Please make a big notice(or send me a PN) when is Arma3 only ready.

(except for A2 and A3 and after AiA SA release only A3)

Hello,

I found out about Iron Front for ArmA III, and decided to have a look at it.

I installed "@IFA3" in PlayWith6, and it subsequently installed AiA and CBA. Now whenever I run ArmA III I get this error message:

"Addon 'AiA_Characters_IF_Clothing_LIB_GER_Infantry' requires addon 'LIB_core'"

Clicking OK takes me to this error:

"No entry 'config.bin.tooltipDelay'."

Then the game starts up, and closes, and I'm met with this error:

"Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)"

It "worked" when I launched it with PW6, but the Iron Front units weren't there. There was ArmA II maps and units, but no WW2 ones. However PW6 says that I have ArmA III Alpha installed, and not the full release. Pw6 and ArmA III are at the latest updates.

Now launching ArmA III from Steam doesn't work at all.

Looking in My Documents showed an ArmA III Alpha folder; inside was "@IFA3, @AiA and @CBA". I moved these over into my ArmA III steamapps folder, and thats where the errors have started.

Please help.

You have to choose where the mods are gonna be installed in the PW6 options. If you don't want them installed to my documents, choose another location. Don't move them around manually after they are installed.

You should post stuff like this in the threads dedicated to the mods you have problems with.