Sign in to follow this  
UK_SPAWN

Respawns not working! at wits end here!!!!!!!!!

rite.

started new mission,

Made player, US unit,

made marker respawn_west

made Description.ext file.

inside is;

respawn=3;

respawnDelay=15;

Not working..

Watched every youtube tutorial, and searched this forum and armaholic, followed several tutorials.

NOTHING WORKS.

VIDEO to follow..

Any reasons why respawns wont work?

FML! FMFL!

Have you made sure your description.ext doesn't have a hidden extension on it? Default windows will allow you to change the filename without messing with the extension unless you show known extensions in your folder options. For example a file may show up as description.ext but in the background is actually description.ext.txt. Also the file type should show up as EXT File when in details view.

no i understand all that, its not like its a difficult task, there is somthing totaly wrong here, Iv even downloaded other peoples missions here and there respawns don't work either.

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

gunna go online and see what i get happen.

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:26 ----------

works online,

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

all my missions iv been building from C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\UK_SPAWN\missions

is this correct?

all my missions iv been building from C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\UK_SPAWN\missions

Yes. Are you deleting your singleplayer/multiplayer mission PBO's before attempting to recompile in the editor? As far as I know the editor will not overwrite existing files, also it helps to ensure you are getting a 100% up to date file in that location.

yeah i do that anyway, arma is tempremental :P .. it was just me being stupid, RESPAWNS DON'T WORK IN SINGLE PLAYER EDITOR, but i bet they do if u load a server and start a new editor mission there... :) thats where i was confused and i used to allways edit missions from the MP menu.. i have recently done it from SP menu, editor. its dumb.

---------- Post added at 18:46 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

thanks for ya help Raynor

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:46 ----------

yes, what i said above is true. If you use the single player menu to access the editor, respawns do not function. If you use the MP menu and start a server, then edit mission from there, the Respawns will work in the editor. if anyone else is getting annoyed with it, THATS WHY!!12!!