Sign in to follow this  
kiberkiller

Can't start missions on a Dedicated Server

Me and a bunch of my friends got a dedicated server from Gameservers provider.

I got the server to start and read server.cfg properly. Hostname and password and that kind of stuff work great.

Problem is that I can't make the server to actually start any mission.

BattleEye RCon tool reads the missions alright and I can tell the server to load a mission but it gets stuck on "creating" and doesn't show any class selection menu or anything. Just a blank Altis screen.

I've tried all kinds of different missions, some of they state specifically that they work on a dedicated server.

Any advice?

Fucking hell!

I finally fixed the server.

The problem was that there was some kind of conflict in

steamport = 2303;

and

steamqueryport = 2304;

I switched ports to something completely random and now it works.

Edited by kiberkiller

1) Clear out all missions from the MPMissions folder

2) Disable any 3rd party addons

3) Then retry launching the server logging in as admin and trying to load a B.I default mission. (These are stored in an addon)

If this works

Your install is stable and good, you then need to find out which mission is causing the problem.

To do this, add a few missions at a time and restart the server, login and try to load any mission.

Keep adding/removing missions until you find the culprit.

If this fails

Please

delete all your rpt files

restart the server

then copy to pastebin the following files (In full)

.rpt

rootfolder.cfg (Blank out the passwords)

commandline (In full )

and explain how you start the server up, eg desktop shortcut, service, firedeamon, tcadmin etc

Removing all missions didn't do anything.

I did what you said and here it is:

server.cfg - http://pastebin.com/WqmizghV

Server Command Line - -profiles=*path* -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -IP=*ip* -world=empty -gtqueryport=2304

I don't have any addons installed and I'm starting the server using provider's web interface. Like I said, I can start the server and join it. The password and hostname works correctly but after joining the server it just gives me a blank screen.

You didnt provide the .rpt file which can be very helpful

This is an extract from the Dedicated server tutorial, (top of the stickies in this forum)

It relates to ports, yours could very well be conflicting

PORT FORWARDING (ArmA3) (Firewalls)

ArmA3 uses the same default ports as ArmA2 with the addition of 2 steam ports. So if you intend running A2 and A3 servers on the same machine, you need to edit the ports used

Default ports are all UDP and as follows

2302 (Arma3 Game port)

2303 (Server reporting)

2305 (Von)

8766 (Steam port)

27016 (Steam query port)

To define the ArmA3 Game port used,

state -port= **** in your command line arguments (Where *** is the new initial ArmA3 Game eg 2302)

and to define your Steam ports

add the following lines to your CONFIG_Vanilla.cfg (editing the actual port numbers as required)

Code:

// STEAM

steamport=8766;

steamqueryport=27016;

In your config.cfg you are using default arma3 ports for your steam ports this should be changed

eg

steamport = 2303;

steamqueryport = 2304;

try instead

steamport = 2300;

steamqueryport = 2301;

-gtqueryport=2304 is not afaik a command line option

should perhaps be -port-2304, although the default arma3 port is 2302

I would have a word with your host and make sure the ports you are using are correct and all ports are open in the firewall

the server has started up ok, loaded all its addons and is in the ready state for a mission to be loaded

Are you renting a complete dedicated box or are you paying for a slot server?

The command line you are using has some oddball entries which i have highlighted in red

-profiles=*path* -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -IP=*ip* -world=empty -gtqueryport=2304

They are either something specific that your host needs you to use or they are simply wrong.

At this point i would go back to your host and ask then to sort it

the server has started up ok, loaded all its addons and is in the ready state for a mission to be loaded

Are you renting a complete dedicated box or are you paying for a slot server?

The command line you are using has some oddball entries which i have highlighted in red

-profiles=*path* -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -IP=*ip* -world=empty -gtqueryport=2304

They are either something specific that your host needs you to use or they are simply wrong.

At this point i would go back to your host and ask then to sort it

The *path and *ip* entries are edited by me to not show the IP to public, just in case. The actual command line -profiles and -IP parameters are correct.

I also removed -gtqueryport=2304 but that didn't change anything.

We're hiring a slot server from Gameservers, if that helps.

I would contact your hosts then. You are afterall paying them for a service which you are at present unable to use.

Before you do though, just make sure you are using only the ports that they have assigned for you.

Most importantly, post back with the fix so that others don't struggle as you have

Could it be he has steam ports as 2303 and 2304 when his listen port for the game is 2302? Seems there would be a port conflict there.

Could it be he has steam ports as 2303 and 2304 when his listen port for the game is 2302? Seems there would be a port conflict there.

That's already been pointed out m8

Love to know what "-gtqueryport=2304 " does

That's already been pointed out m8

Apparently (I just noticed) removing -gtqueryport=2304 stops any kind of RCon from being able to connect to the server.

Re-adding it back makes RCon work again.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Fucking hell!

I finally fixed the server.

The problem was that there was some kind of conflict in

steamport = 2303;

and

steamqueryport = 2304;

I switched ports to something completely random and now it works.

I think it's probably TCAdmin param to assign gametracker port ... probably allows TCAdmin to display stats on the gameservice page.