Sign in to follow this  
chrisyou

Creating a restricted area for helicopters

Hello friends,

I've been getting into the Arma 3 Editor and I'm having a lot of fun so far, but I still can't realize everything I want to.

With this I've been struggling the last two nights:

I've got an ellipse zone on my map and another smaller one within.

When a chopper enters the large one, there shall be a chat messaged displayed to all passengers and the pilot of the heli.

When entering the inner zone, the chopper shall be destroyed via script.

I created the zones and a trigger, but I have absolutely no idea how to do this. (also: grouping trigger and chopper is not an option unfortunately)

Thanks in advance

chrisyou

Why not place some Anti Air units and make them shoot at the chopper when the chopper is inside the restricted area?

Helps keeping the mission authentic.

Why not place some Anti Air units and make them shoot at the chopper when the chopper is inside the restricted area?

Helps keeping the mission authentic.

I'm afraid I can't use AA AI for this mission. :/

My progess so far:

outer trigger:

hint "Warning";

inner trigger:

{_x setDamage 1} forEach thisList;

(both on act, and both set to Activation: Civilian, present, repeat.)

My concerns are:

1. How do I only display the warning to those entering the zone?

2. How do I only activate both triggers with air units without syncing or knowing the vehicle's name (I spawn them via script)?

3. Why is the first trigger permanently activated? Does this have something to do with the empty objects, I placed within the radius?

Thank you

To give the hint for all in the helicopters:

{If (_this local) hint "warning" } foreach in myhelicopter

You could nest this by replacing myhelicopers with a foreach command. Then multiple helicopters will be adressed.

For finding air units...just makeca script to check wether the unit is at 2m or above. You may be able to check the unit type with a command. But thats a matter of searching.

Not sure what you mean by #3. You use anybody present? Maybe go for Bluefor present.

Why not use the zone restriction module? You can do custom messages and scripting.

To give the hint for all in the helicopters:

{If (_this local) hint "warning" } foreach in myhelicopter

You could nest this by replacing myhelicopers with a foreach command. Then multiple helicopters will be adressed.

For finding air units...just makeca script to check wether the unit is at 2m or above. You may be able to check the unit type with a command. But thats a matter of searching.

Not sure what you mean by #3. You use anybody present? Maybe go for Bluefor present.

I am using Civ present. It's just weird, if I use the same trigger in a blank mission file, it works. If I use it on my Altis Life Mission file, the trigger is sometimes already activated at spawn, sometimes won't activate.. It's just weird..

In the condition:

this && {((getPosATL _x) select 2) > 5} count thislist > 0

The trigger then should only trigger in case the unit/vehicle is > 5m above the ground, which a car or human usually isn't :)