Sign in to follow this  
roguetrooper

Zeus can setovercast instantly, why is command broken?

Zeus can perform an immediate change of overcast. Why can't the command "0 setovercast x" do it any more? Since the Alpha setovercast is broken. Instead of tweaking textures and sounds, this should have a highest priority (it is really annoying!).

Zeus can perform an immediate change of overcast. Why can't the command "0 setovercast x" do it any more? Since the Alpha setovercast is broken. Instead of tweaking textures and sounds, this should have a highest priority (it is really annoying!).

What is really annoying is your stupid whining about how graphics and audio engineers should do engine programmer's job.

And who are you to say what should get the highest priority? I for one want the highest priority to be given to AI development but I cannot speak for other people in the community (something you apparently have no problem with at all).

i think rogue trooper makes a fair point though. as a mission maker it is quite frustrating though maybe not the highest priority.

What is really annoying is your stupid whining about how graphics and audio engineers should do engine programmer's job.

And who are you to say what should get the highest priority? I for one want the highest priority to be given to AI development but I cannot speak for other people in the community (something you apparently have no problem with at all).

He has a point, you don't.

I don't know if I understand your question/complaint entirely, but A3 introduced new clouds technology, which means you need to use updated commands to get the desired effects.

While it's not exactly ideal, the recent changelog also includes some scripted functions which do a similar job.

• BIS_fnc_setOvercast

And, yes, artists and sound designers aren't responsible for engine or scripting commands, so it's a bit of a false argument. Hope these help. :)

Best,

RiE

i think rogue trooper makes a fair point though. as a mission maker it is quite frustrating though maybe not the highest priority.

The point is, it cannot be fixed by graphics and audio engineers. Got it?

Anyway, no need to discuss this anymore in this thread.

I don't know if I understand your question/complaint entirely, but A3 introduced new clouds technology, which means you need to use updated commands to get the desired effects.

While it's not exactly ideal, the recent changelog also includes some scripted functions which do a similar job.

And, yes, artists and sound designers aren't responsible for engine or scripting commands, so it's a bit of a false argument. Hope these help. :)

Best,

RiE

ty mate

"BIS_fnc_setOvercast"

Where can we find information about how to use this function, please ?

Taken from BIS_fnc_setOvercast:

0 setovercast 0.5;
0 setovercast _overcast;
skiptime 2;
sleep 0.1;
skiptime -2;
sleep 0.1;
simulWeatherSync;

I'm looking for information about how to use it, not what it does :)

How can I call this BIS_fnc_setOvercast command ?

/*
Author: Karel Moricky

Description:
Instantly set weather conditions and share it across network.
Must be executed in scheduled environment.

Parameter(s):
	0: NUMBER - overcast value in range 0 (sunny) to 1 (stormy)
	1: BOOL - true for global execution

Returns:
BOOL - true if changes were applied, false if weather was already in the desired state
*/

Didn't say anything about the highest priority over everything else. The overcast thing is something scripters have been complaining about since the alpha, so at least I speak for the thousands of scripters that have to deal with this issue for almost a year now. Btw, having arrogant brainfarters like you is even more annoying. Just don't read a thread you don't like or care about.

For the rest, thanks for pointing at the overcast function.

The problem is that BIS_fnc_setOverCast is not a solution - it's a stupid work around for the broken setOverCast command.

Compare it? ok!

There is the way to change the wheater since OFP until Arma2/OA:

0 setOverCast 0.5;

...and here comes the "improved" A3 version:

0 setovercast 0.5;
0 setovercast _overcast;
skiptime 2;
sleep 0.1;
skiptime -2;
sleep 0.1;
simulWeatherSync;

*facepalm*

@BIS: Please give a answer of the topics question. (cause that is the point)

Please dont talk around the topic about some new clouds. We have clouds since OFP. The only new thing are some particle effects witch look like clouds combined with some old bugs. (look at the sky and turn around)

regards

Edited by [TcB]-Psycho-

It's not a command, it's a function.

0.4 spawn BIS_fnc_setOvercast;

This is temporary solution until proper engine command is implemented.

This is temporary solution until proper engine command is implemented.

Make it so, Mr Riker!

A smooth transition, syncd to all players, is the holy grail!