Sign in to follow this  
killeraled

Zeus Discussion (dev branch)

Any info of the date of the release ?

I tried Zeus, how to get in or get out unit in vehicule ?

Any info of the date of the release ?

I tried Zeus, how to get in or get out unit in vehicule ?

Click on a vehicle to order them to get in. G with units selected to order them to get out.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

Hey all we're almost ready to release the first community game mode based on Zeus. Play test is in roughly 10 hours and you can get the details from the website: http://www.playdefiance.com

Also here is a video I put together to show off the mission.

Since today's update in my ZGM mission, the "Editing distance to players" parameter does not seem to work. I set it to 0, but when certian players join teh game it creates the standard 100 yard bubble around them.

When one client connects it does not do this. When his friend joins it creates a bubble around both players!

Hopefully this issue will be resolved quickly!

26-03-2014

EXE rev. 116294

I'm afraid I'm unable to reproduce this, the restricted zone never appears even after multiple players joins in progress. The script handling zone functionality actually terminates at the beginning when it detects that the area size is 0.

Are you running hosted or dedicated server? Were all players on the same side, or did they vary?

Is it possible yet to have the AI dismount from choppers? Everytime i load them up and want to drop them off I need to reduce fuel to 0 because if I hit G the heli doesn't realize that and attempt to insert them and the guys in back must be wasted since they just decide to jump out with no chutes lol. Anything or still being worked on?

Is it possible yet to have the AI dismount from choppers? Everytime i load them up and want to drop them off I need to reduce fuel to 0 because if I hit G the heli doesn't realize that and attempt to insert them and the guys in back must be wasted since they just decide to jump out with no chutes lol. Anything or still being worked on?

If you're using the execute scripts option you could have the helicopter land via script commands. I don't believe there is a ui control/keybind to have the helicopter land (though it would be an awesome feature)

Would it be possible to create area based 'Custom Objectives'.

For example, i just want an object similar to 'Search the area'. Once i am happy the players have done what i what i continue to mark this as complete or incomplete.

I suspect all this would require is a colour-configurable shaded box, and a configurable radius when placing the mission objective.

Edited by PsyK

Can someone help me figure out vehicle respawns, they don't work for me.

I placed an empty neophron jet, put down the respawn module and linked it; I then got in the jet and destroyed it, the jet didn't respawn.

I did this multiple times with the same result.

A few things that would make the zeus experience much more comfortable and consistent:

1. When you have infantry units selected and move your cursor over a building, a get in option should show up.

2. While placing units in buildings the units should be spawned at the floor that i click with my cursor. It is very frustrating and time-consuming to place units outside of the building, get them in the correct hight by hand and then move them in the building.

3. While rotating units there should be an indicator that shows in which direction the unit will look instead of just a box that doesn't tell you anything at all. Or better yet a "ghosting" of the unit's model should be visible. Furthermore the rotation should be based on the units current orientation and not start from a nort/south orientation which is the case at the moment.

4. You can drag units by holding the left mouse button and change there hight by holding "alt" additionally. However it's not possible to rotate them by holding "shift" additionally. You have to release the left mouse button then hold shift and click the left mouse button again. This behavior is inconsistent and should be changed.

A few things that would make the zeus experience much more comfortable and consistent:

1. When you have infantry units selected and move your cursor over a building, a get in option should show up.

2. While placing units in buildings the units should be spawned at the floor that i click with my cursor. It is very frustrating and time-consuming to place units outside of the building, get them in the correct hight by hand and then move them in the building.

3. While rotating units there should be an indicator that shows in which direction the unit will look instead of just a box that doesn't tell you anything at all. Or better yet a "ghosting" of the unit's model should be visible. Furthermore the rotation should be based on the units current orientation and not start from a nort/south orientation which is the case at the moment.

4. You can drag units by holding the left mouse button and change there hight by holding "alt" additionally. However it's not possible to rotate them by holding "shift" additionally. You have to release the left mouse button then hold shift and click the left mouse button again. This behavior is inconsistent and should be changed.

Yup, all that makes a whole lot of sense.

I +1 to that.

Ghosting with an indicator would be the best. Ghosting alone is impractical when tweaking directions from distant cammera.

Also, there needs to be a possibility to rotate the units BEFORE they are placed. Same with the height.

Edited by Bouben
grammar

Here's my own petty problem. I want to play with Zeus. Because of loading problems I removed all my addons/mods at startup but I still get the same problem;

http://i.imgur.com/OyMUr1Y.jpg

then this;

http://i.imgur.com/OcvJzGp.jpg

This happens both when I try to load Zeus from the editor with myself as a player synched to the Zeus module and trying to load the Showcase scenario.

I hope this is in the right forum.

So, anyone have any idea how to rectify this?

Dying to try Zeus over here.

I think that current waypoint placement in Zeus is impractical.

I would like an option to select a type of waypoint and its other params before placement of the waypoint instead of the current system of having to click an existing waypoint and change its parameters on the fly. It is highly impractical for example in situations where you need to unload transport from a vehicle but because you place the waypoint close to the vehicle's current position you don't have enough time to change the params of the waypoint and instead of unloading the transport the vehicle just moves at the waypoint.

I hate this waypoint placement system in High command too. It does not make any sense. It is a horrible design decision in my opinion.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but the Transport Unload Waypoint config doesn't work in the dev build, I enjoy Zeus with the new config but as stated above pre-defined waypoints before placing would be great but I'm happy with the current implementation for a new official feature that is Zeus. I really like creating helicopter assaults and a functional transport unload waypoint would help a lot, my current workaround is to place a land waypoint for the helicopter and a get out waypoint for the squad inside, and drag the Squad Leader out of the helicopter onto his get out waypoint so he'll order his squad to disembark.

hi,

i would like to see setting up a area of operation instead of setting waypoints like the dac mod for arma 3 is operating.

you can link the ai groups with this areas (circles, rectangle, with custom made sizes ...) and give settings

like patrol, defend, attack,

patrol should always be variable, after each patrol, there should be automaticly generated new patrol waypoints, but these

waypoint should differentiate from the automatic waypoints before. these process should be infinite ...

cheers

Loving Zeus, here's some feedback & suggestions:

1) Neutralize objective should be placeable on a group.

2) Need a 'drag and select' garrison button.

3) Need a way to ping other Zeuses on the same team to an area on the map (so we can co-ordinate).

4) Need a keybind to toggle remote control

5) When remote controlling, allow a keybind to fast-switch between Units in the same squad/nearby.

6) Need to be able to create our own named collections - I don't want to have to dig through the menus to find my 'goto' Units/Objects/Structures

7) Need better outlines of units/structures. Most other RTS games expect you to hold MB1 then drag to set the initial direction.

8) Need keybinds for Unit stance/speed/awareness.

9) Need a way to tell units to look in a certain direction. Rotating doesn't work when they are in a combat state.

Anyone found out how to select and control units previously placed in the mission editor via the Zeus interface?

/KC

I found it.:)

I tried to explain in the following video.