Sign in to follow this  
killeraled

Zeus Discussion (dev branch)

Anyone else unable to select anything when accessing inventories as remotely controlled units?

Is it an intended feature to be able to assign other orders to units than just "move there"?

It would be super useful to be able to tell units the same orders as when in High Command mode (right click then chose Behavior: Move, Search and Destroy, Defend, the type of formation, and all that).

Did the Armed Offroad vanish for anyone else? I was using it for a Zeus mission and doesn't seem to be an option for INDFOR or BLUFOR FIA?

"Fixed: FIA units are now available only for BLUFOR"

Oh, please not this. I enjoyed using FIA as a proper insurgents in Zeus against BLUFOR. There are no comparable alternatives for OPFOR :(

I'm starting to doubt myself, is there anyone out there, who is able to use the latest dev version and play zeus role as a gamemaster on a dedicated server without massive framedrops (im not talking about 20-30 fps, im talking about 2-4 fps)?

I have a whole mission set up.

If you host a game, no matter what you will almost always have a significant frame drop just because you are hosting all the AI and players on a computer. Though I have noticed a slight frame drop when using zeus, probably because I tend to go overboard with the Howi's ^.^

In the last two patch, 116014,116053 of the dev branch, if the server is dedicated or you are on somebody else local host, the GameMaster will lag a lot. Currently the only way the GameMaster role doesn't lag is if you are a local host and you are the Zeus GameMaster. This wasn't the case before those two patch. In the patch 115999 on the other hand, if a GameMaster was a "player" character (as oppose to a logical entity), everybody would end up having a weird lag. So the last 3 patch made it hard to play Zeus.

In the last two patch, 116014,116053 of the dev branch, if the server is dedicated or you are on somebody else local host, the GameMaster will lag a lot. Currently the only way the GameMaster role doesn't lag is if you are a local host and you are the Zeus GameMaster. This wasn't the case before those two patch. In the patch 115999 on the other hand, if a GameMaster was a "player" character (as oppose to a logical entity), everybody would end up having a weird lag. So the last 3 patch made it hard to play Zeus.

:butbut: I have the same issue since Friday also http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?174250-FPS-drop-with-Patch&p=2641246

It's a bit frightening to see only a so few feedbacks about this bug right now. Seems there are really very few dedicated servers using/testing the Zeus Gamemaster potential. I simply don't get it. What a waste of potential fun.

Edited by [LB] boggler

Can also confirm this. Only some dedicated servers seem to not be affected by this, like Jetfox' ZGM server.

Can also confirm this. Only some dedicated servers seem to not be affected by this, like Jetfox' ZGM server.

But it's not because of the dedicated server, it's because of the custom mission. Jetfoxs mission and also defiance are not affected. Don't know what is the exact difference in these two missions.

Boggler - I can't talk to Jetfox's mission but Defiance is using a custom cost table and addon assignments. Maybe there is a module or addon Official Zeus is adding that's causing the framedrops? I'm also doing most of my Zeus management via script and not via the modules.

Edit: One thing I can think of that corresponds to timing of the change. Wasn't there an update to the way the addons are unlocked/costs are changed? Off the top of my head that feels like it could be an expensive check/script to run. I wonder if you can get your hand on an older version of the mission and try that (for science).

in the zeus showcase you can read - greate waypoint with LMB left mouse button - no you can only create waypoints with the RMB right mouse button ^^

ok my soldiers do now - next is put the soldiers in the tank .... and now ? no help text ! nowhere to be read what i must press on buttons for put the soldiers in the tank ^^

after 20 min i have give up and closed the showcase :j:

It seems the addon containing hint configuration was accidentally not published, so old hints were used.

Should be fixed in the upcoming dev branch update. Thanks for info ;)

It seems the addon containing hint configuration was accidentally not published, so old hints were used.

Should be fixed in the upcoming dev branch update. Thanks for info ;)

Works fine now up until you have to use the lightning bolt on the helicopter, in which you will get 'Insufficient Resources' and can't proceed.

@karel I suppose you have a lot to do because of campaign release, tomorrow. But I must remind that zeus is still not playable on dedicated servers.

in the zeus showcase you can read - greate waypoint with LMB left mouse button - no you can only create waypoints with the RMB right mouse button ^^

ok my soldiers do now - next is put the soldiers in the tank .... and now ? no help text ! nowhere to be read what i must press on buttons for put the soldiers in the tank ^^

after 20 min i have give up and closed the showcase :j:

Ran into this today. Wasn't able to order the crewmen into the tank.

Ran into this today. Wasn't able to order the crewmen into the tank.

I was able to get the crewmen into the tank by holding ALT and right clicking on the tank's icon. Unfortunately, I was not able to use this command in the ZGM missions in multiplayer. The unit just goes prone and sometimes even engages the vehicle-- I had a BLUFOR unit unload his rifle into a hatchback and blow it up.

I'm surprised I even got to that point in the showcase. When I ping Zeus, lightning strikes but doesn't blow up the remaining OPFOR tank and infantry units. That made it REALLY hard to get crew into the empty tank because the OPFOR tank was firing at the crewmen constantly.

I was able to get the crewmen into the tank by holding ALT and right clicking on the tank's icon. Unfortunately, I was not able to use this command in the ZGM missions in multiplayer. The unit just goes prone and sometimes even engages the vehicle-- I had a BLUFOR unit unload his rifle into a hatchback and blow it up.

I'm surprised I even got to that point in the showcase. When I ping Zeus, lightning strikes but doesn't blow up the remaining OPFOR tank and infantry units. That made it REALLY hard to get crew into the empty tank because the OPFOR tank was firing at the crewmen constantly.

The ping kills the tank for me.

The cursor is supposed to change according to the tooltip (but the tooltip is obsolete now according to above). None of the modifier keys did anything. Pressing ALT I was able to give an attack waypoint on the enemy riflemen, but after that zip. I would drag the units into the tank like I would online, but that wasn't allowed in the showcase.

So my new problem is that I can't get the crewmen into the tank. It looks broken, and the icon doesn't change to the "get in vehicle" like the tooltip said it should. So I guess it's the same thing as you?

The ping kills the tank for me.

The cursor is supposed to change according to the tooltip (but the tooltip is obsolete now according to above). None of the modifier keys did anything. Pressing ALT I was able to give an attack waypoint on the enemy riflemen, but after that zip. I would drag the units into the tank like I would online, but that wasn't allowed in the showcase.

Ping now works for me as well. It wasn't yesterday. The "Get In" cursor type shows up when I hold alt and I can order units in the vehicle... Unfortunately this still doesn't seem to work in multiplayer from what I can tell.