Sign in to follow this  
killeraled

Zeus Discussion (dev branch)

For info ... Zeus + Virtual Training System works perfectly ... NOW we can have complicated waypoints :)

Spectator slots would be cool.

What is this Virtual Training System you're talking about?

There's a module.

Thanks, will check it out when back home.

/KC

I can't get the respwan working either so far. Triwd it with the module in the game master interface, tried it with adding the seperate respawn module, tried it by defining it in description.ext, but still nada respawn.

Does anyone know if you can use in singleplayer, the virtual entities logic's that only allows your Zeus to control one faction ?

I want to try and play Zeus against scripted AI in singleplayer.

I haven't been able to get it to work in singleplayer yet, so far I've got a BLUFOR only virtual entities Zeus logic placed and a Zeus game master module placed and synchronized with a main game master module and named them all as per a video tutorial, but every time I preview and go into Zeus, I can still place and edit all faction objects, etc.

Anyone got this to work.

Cheers,

PartyHead.

Update:

I worked out how to make a faction specific Zeus singleplayer mission, I didn't want to make a video tutorial so I made a little demo mission.

This mission only covers setting up for a BLUFOR Zeus, just duplicate it for other factions.

If you want to set up a parameter for choosing a faction then you just make your other Zeus units playable and use selectPlayer to choose which Zeus and the modules in this demo mission have to be duplicated for each faction.

Anyway if you have any questions about that just pm me and I will try and help.

faction specific Zeus singleplayer mission.

Cheers.

Edited by PartyHead

So i played around a bit in the editor.

Made zeus work in a custom mp scenario.

What i did was made a new editor mission. Added the Zeus module. Configured it to admin login access. Then i exported the mission to mp.

I opened the pbo with elitness saw what the module actually added was just a object class to the mission.sqm. Along with a startup addon and force addon option.

Opened the choosen mp scenario in elitness. Editited the mission.sqm by copying and pasting the object class(had to renumber it offcourse) Cleaned up the code so that it had the correct number of open lines and closed lines. Re Pbo'd the folder.

Opened a multiplayer lan server to test........worked perfectly.

The admin of the server can press Y to become zeus at any time. (have not figured out how to make zeus a team option however so that the admin doesnt have an actual ingame player)

Hope this helps anyone having issues getting zeus into their custom mp missions. :)

Just incase your wondering i added zeus to a wasteland mission(that i did not make nor own any rights to(before someone jumps down my throat for theft) and am not redistributing, i just wanted to see if it could be done to a mission that had addons already inplace...........Plus its super awesome to have zeus in wasteland, custom missions with rewards set on the fly by admin etc all alongside the prescripted ai and missions.)

EDIT

Please note that you also have to add

"A3_Modules_F_Curator_Curator",

"A3_Modules_F_Curator",

to your addons in the mission PBO. Including the force addon list

if you just add the first one you will have a very bare edit list as the addons have to be activated by the mission before they become useable. The easiest way to get them all is to add the entire curator pbo as a addon.

EDIT 2

The only issue ive run into thus far is if the admin dies for whatever reason they lose the abillity to use zeus when they respawn......not sure how to overcome this atm unless running dedicated server and simply logging out and back in again. Ill keep you guys posted

Edited by Dante_666

While running your mission in multiplayer does your Zeus sees the little icons above the individual players?

I created a mission myself but I am not able to make these little identifications markers to work. Without them playing Zeus is really irritating as you do not see where the players are at...

They are showing in the editor but the minute I start the mission in multiplayer mode they disappear.

The new remote control module for Zeus is pretty awesome- just what I've been looking for, for the DLC.

Problem is, aiming down the sight does not work while in this "unit control" mode. I'm aware that not all functionality of a unit can be retained when controlled in this manner, but I'm hoping that this is simply a bug or a currently unimplemented feature.

I will make a ticket regarding it soon, under the assumption that it is an unimplemented feature.

Do addons not work in Zeus at the moment? Or is there something you need to do to enable them.

The new remote control module for Zeus is pretty awesome- just what I've been looking for, for the DLC.

Problem is, aiming down the sight does not work while in this "unit control" mode. I'm aware that not all functionality of a unit can be retained when controlled in this manner, but I'm hoping that this is simply a bug or a currently unimplemented feature.

I will make a ticket regarding it soon, under the assumption that it is an unimplemented feature.

I had full functionality while using remote control on units. Deleting a unit after controlling it does seem to crash the game, however. Killing it with END and then deleting it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

I had full functionality while using remote control on units. Deleting a unit after controlling it does seem to crash the game, however. Killing it with END and then deleting it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Depends on whether you use the official Zeus MP Missions (sights don't work) or if you place the module manually in the editor (sights work). In both cases my Zeus camera controls are messed up after returning from a remote controlled unit, e.g. mouse control of the Zeus camera won't work anymore.

While running your mission in multiplayer does your Zeus sees the little icons above the individual players?

I created a mission myself but I am not able to make these little identifications markers to work. Without them playing Zeus is really irritating as you do not see where the players are at...

They are showing in the editor but the minute I start the mission in multiplayer mode they disappear.

I believe that this is a different zeus module. You may have to play around in the editor a bit to find out which one it is. I had the same issue with the editing zone. Until i added that module i was able to place items underneath players. A few modules dont work at all in custom mp scenarios though(well i cant find a way and googling doesnt seem to help at all either) Specifically the skip time module doesnt work for me, i have to console command to skip time still.

Does anyone know what the name of the remote control module is, so that i could put it in a manage addons module in the editor

I'm seeing people posting that they are getting zeus to work with vts in multiplayer,anyone care to tell me how this is being done,pretty new to this so a step by step would be highly appreciated.

Does anybody know how to raise/lower objects/units in Zeus?

click on there icon and while pressing alt you can adjust there height.

How does the new loadout editor module work? Does it only work if human players are already connected?

It only says "No respawn loadout found" when I click on it...

edit.

There also seems to be a new "compositions" - feature to place predefined sets of objects. Don't know how to use it either, though.

Edited by novemberist

How does the new loadout editor module work? Does it only work if human players are already connected?

It only says "No respawn loadout found" when I click on it...

The loadout module seems to work with the premade zeus missions atleast. But no idea so far how to use it in custom made missions.

..or how to customize the classes in those premade missions.

It's not a module far as I know, but a set of parameters found inside the initServer.sqf file that's packed in withe the official missions. Think someone posted that code so you can use it in any MP mission with respawnable players.

Yeah, this means you can use it in any mission that fits that criteria.