Sign in to follow this  
killeraled

Zeus Discussion (dev branch)

Anyone's server crashing constantly after 20-30 minutes, not playing a stock Zeus mission?

For info ... Zeus + Virtual Training System works perfectly ... NOW we can have complicated waypoints :)

Spectator slots would be cool.

With a soldier selected BELOW where you want to raise him, just press and hold Alt and he will rise up.

Has anyone got the 3D Zeus mode working in the editor? As in being able to save what you place?
No, but you can place stuff in the editor and get zeus to recognize it. Wouldn't that be good enough?

No, he want to use it as a 3D Editor for Mapmaking or just better objectplacement in Missions.

But you could try to make a "Save" script that gets allMissionObjects and write the Classnames and Positions in to the RPT.

Does somebody knows how to define the waypoints? Like that a heli is landing somewhere and then waits for the new waypoint given by ZEUS, like for an heli exfil.

Does somebody knows how to define the waypoints? Like that a heli is landing somewhere and then waits for the new waypoint given by ZEUS, like for an heli exfil.

You can set waypoints by selecting a unit and then left-clicking where you want the waypoint.

However, it's not yet possible to order a helicopter to land or take off. (It's listed in the known issues.)

Thank you kind Sir!

And does anybody know, how to make them patrol? And where the init lines are?

Edited by ItsDonJon

You can only issue move orders, you'd need " cycle" for a patrol type. Init lines can only be done using the debug console or some other solution

I love the Zeus Mode!

However I encountered one weird thing:

I kow that underwater editing isn´t possible ATM but when I placed the Chemlight module on water, the chemlight remained floating instead of sinking to the ground like it would if you place the module in the 2D Editor.

No, but you can place stuff in the editor and get zeus to recognize it. Wouldn't that be good enough?

How exactly do you do that? Just placing units doesn't work nor does syncing them with the Zeus module?

/KC

How exactly do you do that? Just placing units doesn't work nor does syncing them with the Zeus module?

/KC

You need to use the addCuratorAddons command. (Not sure if there is also an equivalent module.)

However, it's not yet possible to order a helicopter to land or take off. (It's listed in the known issues.)

Harsh workaround currently is to set the heli's fuel to zero, not very sophisticated, but at least you can create a heli exfil of some sort.

/KC

There's a module.

You have to drop an "Add Editable Object" module and then sync it with the Zeus Game Master and any editor-placed object. You also must type in the zeus name (not the player name granted zeus owership) into the Zeus field of the Add module even though the tool-tip seems to say that syncing will work. I just now got this to work so I dont know if there is an easier way to add an entire mission full of assets. From what I can tell, Init, waypoints etc. transfer as well and you can visualize them in zeus. Triggers and other GLs also transfer of course but I cant figure out how to visualize them unfortunately (which would be sweet!). I also cant figure out how to load editor-placed markers since you cant sync them with the Add module.

Hi Folks,

Zeus is great to play with in Singleplayer. But i wannt to make a Mulitplayer Match (and not use the zgm 16+2 master altis (nato)) Missions. But what

Modules i need to place? I find it a bit pity that there is no Multiplayer-Editor-Example. And why is the mission files (zgm 16+2 master altis) not found

to reverse eng.?

Maybee some smart guy has figured it out. :)

Cheers

Sc0rc3d

You could just place them all if you are not sure what the individual zeus modules do, just sync them to the main 'game master' module. You only have to setup the curator (owner) of the game master module to have it functioning and sync that module to the unit that plays the game master.

You only have to setup the curator (owner) of the game master module to have it functioning and sync that module to the unit that plays the game master.

You sure buddy? Been trying this in the mp editor but its a no go for me.

You sure buddy? Been trying this in the mp editor but its a no go for me.

Well I was not sober when I set it up last night, but I think I did it that way and had all options working :))

It tried the game master first with my player ID as owner and that worked and Then as admin and it worked also. I do seem to have a problem with respawning, but that might be because I have tested it only as 1 player so far (or because I have added respawn properties to the description.ext).

Edited by B00tsy

Well I was not sober when I set it up last night, but I think I did it that way and had all options working :))

It tried the game master first with my player ID as owner and that worked and Then as admin and it worked also. I do seem to have a problem with respawning, but that might be because I have tested it only as 1 player so far (or because I have added respawn properties to the description.ext).

Can you talk me through what you did to get it working (on here) please?

Can you talk me through what you did to get it working (on here) please?

I haven't tried it on a dedi but it works fine for me in the MP editor preview or from a pbo. Open the MP editor. Place a unit, give player control and name it. Then place a zeus GM module and assign the player name to the GM owner field. Either preview it or export it and play it from the MP window. Should work, unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

Edit: Anyone know how to add a GM without attaching it to a player so the GMplayer cannot be killed? I tried a gl but I cant start the mission without a player.

Edit2: Ah, found it. It's a Zeus GL Virtual entity. Place that, give it player control and name it etc. as with a player and you have a disembodied zeus. Again, syncing or grouping with the GM isnt enough. You have to declare the GL name in the owner field of the GM. I would love to use this as an admin. Frying trolls with a white-hot bolt of righteous indignation has much more style then kickban.

Edited by IconoclastDX

I haven't tried it on a dedi but it works fine for me in the MP editor preview or from a pbo. Open the MP editor. Place a unit, give player control and name it. Then place a zeus GM module and assign the player name to the GM owner field. Either preview it or export it and play it from the MP window. Should work, unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

Just done exactly that and it works. Anyone any idea on how to add the "moderator" slot?

Edit2: Ah, found it. It's a Zeus GL Virtual entity. Place that, give it player control and name it etc. as with a player and you have a disembodied zeus. Again, syncing or grouping with the GM isnt enough. You have to declare the GL name in the owner field of the GM. I would love to use this as an admin. Frying trolls with a white-hot bolt of righteous indignation has much more style then kickban.

What does mean "give it player control", am I supposed to sync the Zeus Game Logic Virtual entity to a person? If so, does he have to be unplayable, playable or player?

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out, I had to make the game logic entity itself playable.

Edited by NMDANNY

Does anyone know how to make a Game Master Zeus mode with a functioning respawn?

No matter what I do, on the GM mode if everyone dies the mission auto-fails and respawns don't seem to work at all.