Capt.Fitz

Need help setting up Altis Life database for my server

Great!! If it's any consolation I knew nothing about mySQL before setting up an MSO server it's really not that hard. The most common mistakes:

- not having all the prerequisites installed

- not giving the user full DB permissions in mySQL

- not having the database.txt file in the correct location or with incorrect info

- @Arma2Net not loading properly or not at all

- dropping tables is much different than emptying tables :p

I never got the help i needed. one guy offered then ragequit when i realized that he was only used to setting it up on a MANAGED server box, (mine is unmanaged cuz it runs multiple titles). So when I found out he couldn't do it, he called me names and left. Another guy just took 30 bucks from me after we had a contracted agreement that he would do it for me if I paid him. He runs a fairly big altis life community so i figured he'd have more integrity than that, but whatever. So basically I almost got the help, twice, but never actually got helped.

Wow, that is pretty low, I would say name and shame here, but that never ends well.

I believe my server is not connecting with the database. when the server launches it gets stuck on receiving mission and then on the dedicated machine the server crashes. Please help me

Ok I read every single reply on this post, and it seems to be the best and most up to date info I could find on the web. I am litterally moments away from getting an altis log server from Vilayer, but wanted to research and figure out how to do things so I'm not wasting money for months. Vilayer offers the arma 3 server and the MySQL product.

Is there anyone that could guide me through the whole process. I will even record it and upload it to you tube for other people that have had this problem. I will give you all the recognition for helping me out. This is my 1st time running a server. I know what a way to start, altis life. I should of started with minecraft, so some say.

But for real, can anybody at all help me. I have skype steam, w.e type of communication you need me to get I will.

You have no idea how helpful you will be..

Ok I read every single reply on this post, and it seems to be the best and most up to date info I could find on the web. I am litterally moments away from getting an altis log server from Vilayer, but wanted to research and figure out how to do things so I'm not wasting money for months. Vilayer offers the arma 3 server and the MySQL product.

Is there anyone that could guide me through the whole process. I will even record it and upload it to you tube for other people that have had this problem. I will give you all the recognition for helping me out. This is my 1st time running a server. I know what a way to start, altis life. I should of started with minecraft, so some say.

But for real, can anybody at all help me. I have skype steam, w.e type of communication you need me to get I will.

You have no idea how helpful you will be..

I think you would get alot of views on youtube for that becous there is alot of people wondering about the setup of the server.

I aswell am having some issues about the config and sql so i would love to see a video upp on youtube :D

//RK

Whenever I try join my server I get stuck on the first screen.

prntscr.com/2wj8kd

Any idea's?

The only name I will name (because he scammed me out of money) is this man. He claimed to be able to help me then banned and blocked me off all forms of communication.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCepEyVAuxeI4t2DaAr-cNag that's his youtube.

http://altislife.enjin.com/ and this is his website. don't trust him if you ever get offered by him.

beyond that it was partly my fault for giving him money over paypal before he did anything so i'm not that upset. However, I still don't know how to set up a database AT ALL, what i thought was right was completely wrong and im still stuck on square one.

---------- Post added at 06:24 ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 ----------

yes this is as up to date as it gets, i'm even using outside sources like Reddit and what not to research this. if i EVER find some sort of breakthrough I'll let you know, but so far the ratio of "helpful" to "im stuck in the same spot as you" is 0:9,000,000

I could setup a whole altis life server for you, it isn't actually that hard.. You just need to do it once hehe!

I currently rented a arma 3 server fro vilayer and I am looking for help setting it up. I can not set up the sql database. if anyone can help please let me know

From last page:

Check the MSO wiki for database setup instructions I'd bet they are pretty much the same

https://dev.withsix.com/projects/mso/wiki

The most common mistakes:

- not having all the prerequisites installed

- not giving the user full DB permissions in mySQL

- not having the database.txt file in the correct location or with incorrect info

- @Arma2Net not loading properly or not at all

Altis life thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168139-Altis-Life-RPG

if you could help me, I'd love you for life. but yeah help me and i'l give ya admin abilities and all that fancy shizznits.

if you could help me, I'd love you for life. but yeah help me and i'l give ya admin abilities and all that fancy shizznits.

hello , you need help , i could at least try .

regards peter

EDIT: for free of course :)

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

Awesome! Would you mind sharing?

hello , have the same problem as . would you share the information with me ?

regards Peter

hello , have the same problem as . would you share the information with me ?

regards Peter

Can you give us more informations? It will be easier.

Can you give us more informations? It will be easier.

hello , my player menue (Y) and some other controls as said by Darkh0st don't work . my sql seems to connect as it saves my money and i have given cop licences . so the solution with the parameter for the server .exe seems worth a try.

EDIT: i have a windows ROOT server and a mysql database set up myself on this . on the hostet mysql it didn't work .

sorry for my english , i'm german

EDIT2: now the keys work , better ,they worked from the beginning .:o (Y) is (Z) on german layout :FACEPALM: :o

so if someone needs help , i'm willing to . maybe on teamspeak , have a server for

Edited by Benzinbombe

Whelp the 617th Server is up. any group of friends who wants to play on it is free to join. :I we've only got a handful of people so police, civilians, and admins are all in high demand. Just filter "617" in the host name. beyond that, I can't help you, because the guy who set it up up freakin didn't show me anything about how he did it.

Anyone got some spare time to check my server settings, i have been using 2 dayz now to figure out the problem, and about to give up.

Teamviewer, teamspeak, skype.

'help?

Anyone got some spare time to check my server settings, i have been using 2 dayz now to figure out the problem, and about to give up.

Teamviewer, teamspeak, skype.

'help?

late evening or weekend i will have time . just write me when you have time . your timezone ? i'm a german.

greetings

late evening or weekend i will have time . just write me when you have time . your timezone ? i'm a german.

greetings

Great Benzinbomb, looking forward to it, i will be online later on today evening , everyday til sunday, i am in norway same timezone.

Capt.Fitz

Thanks, i have been to that page, 100+ posts i got more confused than anything else lol..

Hello everyone! I can help a few people with setting up database and server files, and pretty much a full initial server. If you want to contact me, my Steam name is Hellochino.

Hey man if you could PM me how you fixed your issue im having the same prob. players can't use (Y) and i can't unlock vehicles. I also setup my database with arma2sql and its not writing to the database thanks in advanced man :confused:

I had the same problems here. I don't know what to do anymore... :/

I need help im getting setting up client please wait and itt wont go i try respawning and Y phone doesnt work and when i buy cars that doesnt work ither please help me

I can offer a TeamSpeak Server where everyone can hang out and help each other. send me a pm for details.