Capt.Fitz

Need help setting up Altis Life database for my server

I've got a custom mission for ArmA 3 Altis Life RPG, and it's sitting on my box being useless. Why? because i don't know how to set up the database. If you know how to set up an altis life database using the SQL files from tonic, let me know asap. Possible admin abilities will be given as a reward if the server works properly.

EDIT:

PS. If you have a way to record things on your computer, then make a youtube account, record a step by step tutorial and upload it. It would do us ALL a favor, because I don't know about you, but from the looks of it, the tutorial posted on the A-Life RPG didn't help with A-Life at all. it just taught me stuff I didn't know what to do with about an ArmA database.

Edited by Capt.Fitz
Request added

Hey Capt Fitz,

Did you ever get anyone to assist you? I'm having trouble myself and would love to get my server off the ground.

Regards,

Nick

Hello,

We're all in the same boat! I've got a server too, and still can't setup well my database. The Arma2NET folder comes with a EXE file that can't be uploaded by FTP on my server, is it mandatory to complete the database setup?

Also, is the database must be installed in the same server? Or a distant one will works too?

Thanks.

Hello,

We're all in the same boat! I've got a server too, and still can't setup well my database. The Arma2NET folder comes with a EXE file that can't be uploaded by FTP on my server, is it mandatory to complete the database setup?

Also, is the database must be installed in the same server? Or a distant one will works too?

Thanks.

No, you do not need the Arma2NetExplorer.exe to complete the setup.

Alright, so I was able to get the server running.

However, here are some issues I'm having that someone can hopefully point me in the right direction to solve (Thanks in advance for the assistance!). I have been going through all of the files in the Altis_life-RPG.Altis to get familiar with the scripting...still not smart on everything but I'm feeling more comfortable.

1) Upon logging in, you are immediately spawned on the small island extremely North. After looking at the map in the editor, this location looks to be where the squad leader is placed. Afterpressing ESC and respawning, the option to choose the spawn is available. Any thoughts on a fix for this?

2) Player menu (Y), doesn't work.

3) Vehicles are purchasable, but cannot be unlocked and entered.

4) Finally, I can't seem to get the iniDB save system to work properly.

Thoughts: I'm running this on vilayer slot hosting, not dedicated. I think the files provided by vilayer's Altis_Life install may be out of date.

Regards,

Nick

I have a different problem I know how to use mysql but the problem is I need to have the database name as arma3life but when i create a database it always names it (myname)_arm3life

I have a different problem I know how to use mysql but the problem is I need to have the database name as arma3life but when i create a database it always names it (myname)_arm3life

Why don't you just rename it then?

Why don't you just rename it then?

because my host have it setup so no matter what when i create or rename a database it will always say (myname)_(databasename)

I have replaced the @life_server and altis_life_RPG.altis files and now back to square one. I can't actually load the mission file; it gets hung up on 35kb, then completely hung up on 75-81kb. Anyone run into this problem and know the fix?

Edit: Was able to load the mission by changing the "mysql" in databases.txt to "arma3life." However, still have my initial problems with spawning correctly. Getting the "Contacting server for player information" screen until I manually respawn.

Edited by Darkh0st

Edit: Was able to load the mission by changing the "mysql" in databases.txt to "arma3life." However, still have my initial problems with spawning correctly. Getting the "Contacting server for player information" screen until I manually respawn.

I don't think that changing the mysql in the db file will fix your problem, what I've understood is that there's no connexion between the server and the mysql database.

Is there something special to add in the command line? Must be something we missed but I don't know where!

I don't think that changing the mysql in the db file will fix your problem, what I've understood is that there's no connexion between the server and the mysql database.

Is there something special to add in the command line? Must be something we missed but I don't know where!

It must be something with the commandline. Here's the commandline I'm running (masked the IP and Port, but it's the IP and Port for the Arma 3 server)

-mod=@Arma2NET;@life_server -noPause -noSound -name=DefaultServer -profiles=DefaultServer -config=DefaultServer\server.cfg -cfg=DefaultServer\basic.cfg -ip=masked -port=masked

Hello,

I confirm!!!!

I edited my commandline and now it works for me.

Hello,

I confirm!!!!

I edited my commandline and now it works for me.

Awesome! Would you mind sharing?

It's a bit long but yes I will share ;-)

I'm with a GPS that doesn't allow full commandline editing, I can only enter the mods, so I created a custom one and did enter the mods correctly, and now its working. Check your commandline you may find an error there.

If you still need help, feel free to conact me ^^

Yeah, I'm at a loss. I can load the server, reach the role page and select cop or civ but the mission file won't load all the way. Do you have Skype?

Just checked the logs and seen this error: Error: 02:01:31 - Database type does not match one of the supported types.

Edited by Darkh0st

Update: My problem has been solved. If anyone else is having a similar issue, let me know.

• Like 1

Update: My problem has been solved. If anyone else is having a similar issue, let me know.

Hey man if you could PM me how you fixed your issue im having the same prob. players can't use (Y) and i can't unlock vehicles. I also setup my database with arma2sql and its not writing to the database thanks in advanced man :confused:

Ive been trying to esbalish a connection between my database but been failing hardly i dunno what to do could sombedy pm me for help i would give them acces and stuff please pm me here or kype s.o.n.g.e.r spent all day and no result

Hi mate Stephen here.

I'm off work tomorrow so I will help you then.

My server is still working perfectly :)

Make sure you on tomorrow and send me a msg on steam when you see my on and I'll get it sorted for you.

Thanks

Stephen.

---------- Post added at 04:42 ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 ----------

@Darkhost

You have deleted the ama2net DLL files from your server directory . Put them back in. Then make a Databases.txt file and edit it to suite your database. Remember it only works with mysql server 5.5 with strict mode disabled.

If your stuck at waiting for server to sync data your db is not setup correctly and the mission file cannot save to the db. Use the netexplorer eze in arma2net to make sure the SQL plugin is loading.

If anyone still needs help after that add me on steam and send me a msg.

Thanks.

Stephen

Hey Man I could use some help setting up Altis Life RPG. Could you help me, do you have a skype or something? (Mine is will_martin111 and we could just IM)

Alright, so I was able to get the server running.

However, here are some issues I'm having that someone can hopefully point me in the right direction to solve (Thanks in advance for the assistance!). I have been going through all of the files in the Altis_life-RPG.Altis to get familiar with the scripting...still not smart on everything but I'm feeling more comfortable.

1) Upon logging in, you are immediately spawned on the small island extremely North. After looking at the map in the editor, this location looks to be where the squad leader is placed. Afterpressing ESC and respawning, the option to choose the spawn is available. Any thoughts on a fix for this?

2) Player menu (Y), doesn't work.

3) Vehicles are purchasable, but cannot be unlocked and entered.

4) Finally, I can't seem to get the iniDB save system to work properly.

Thoughts: I'm running this on vilayer slot hosting, not dedicated. I think the files provided by vilayer's Altis_Life install may be out of date.

Regards,

Nick

You need a MySQL server. It cannot run on iniDB. For your Player Menu, look under your Key Handlers file. It should say something like this:

//Y Player Menu
case 21:
{
	if(!_alt && !_ctrlKey && !dialog) then
	{
		[] call life_fnc_p_openMenu;
	};
};

As for your Vilayer Host, you need to see if you can get a host that will make you a MySQL database and give you FTP Access. I have tried running it on a host and I finally just got my own box. Each works perfectly.

Hey Capt Fitz,

Did you ever get anyone to assist you? I'm having trouble myself and would love to get my server off the ground.

Regards,

Nick

I never got the help i needed. one guy offered then ragequit when i realized that he was only used to setting it up on a MANAGED server box, (mine is unmanaged cuz it runs multiple titles). So when I found out he couldn't do it, he called me names and left. Another guy just took 30 bucks from me after we had a contracted agreement that he would do it for me if I paid him. He runs a fairly big altis life community so i figured he'd have more integrity than that, but whatever. So basically I almost got the help, twice, but never actually got helped.

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

I don't even know how to set up the Database to begin with. All these comments are nice and all, but I dont even know how to set up the basic Database in general to be able to run the server.

---------- Post added at 14:22 ---------- Previous post was at 14:21 ----------

Hi mate Stephen here.

I'm off work tomorrow so I will help you then.

My server is still working perfectly :)

Make sure you on tomorrow and send me a msg on steam when you see my on and I'll get it sorted for you.

Thanks

Stephen.

---------- Post added at 04:42 ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 ----------

@Darkhost

You have deleted the ama2net DLL files from your server directory . Put them back in. Then make a Databases.txt file and edit it to suite your database. Remember it only works with mysql server 5.5 with strict mode disabled.

If your stuck at waiting for server to sync data your db is not setup correctly and the mission file cannot save to the db. Use the netexplorer eze in arma2net to make sure the SQL plugin is loading.

If anyone still needs help after that add me on steam and send me a msg.

Thanks.

Stephen

Oh so ya won't help the guy who made this post, stephen, but you'll help the others. D: good steam friend you are.