Sign in to follow this  
jblackrupert

Titanfall

Smart Pistol? What is that? A legit Aimbot?

Pretty much, watch the training videos. You can drop 3 enemies with one pull of the trigger.

I wonder how much EA is paying Westie, Jackfrags, Levelcap and the likes to gush about this game for a few weeks after launch.

Smart Pistol? What is that? A legit Aimbot?
Pretty much, watch the training videos. You can drop 3 enemies with one pull of the trigger.

Not exactly. You can drop 3 AI "grunts" with one trigger pull (red lock-ons), but you're better off with a more conventional pistol versus human opponent (They call them "pilots", orange lock-ons), as you can only lock on to a single human opponent and it takes 3 times longer.

Basically the game has "trash" AI, the game calls them "grunts", littered around that you can kill to speed up your titan deployment timer. This gun helps that a bit.

While it reeks CoD, I'm really glad that they're pushing this type of fast paced run and gun gameplay back to the UT-like settings. Fits better.

Here's what surprised me, the game has a slight "simulation element". It keeps track of your magazine state. Reload a half empty magazine, it'll still say you have the same amount of magazines, but eventually when you reload, you'll run into that half empty mag again.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Ahh so this is this huge thing called Titanfall everyone on the web is talking about.

Haha :D what is this, COD with giant walking robots?!?! Seriously I dhaven't knew nothing about this game.

Geez, can't people invent something more original and NEW rather making stupid COD clones? I played such game years ago, game called Quake Wars, it even had flying machines, such a good game.

Now someone decided to get the best of Quake Wars and mix it with COD. Great, really great. The world buys. No wonder - big game industry is so retarded.

Can't see myself putting a single penny on anything that says EA on the box no matter how good the game is.From the last interviews with EA suits they don't even hide

their "haha we sold enough,screw you there are no probs with our games" attitude anymore,not that it was a shocking surprise anyway.

I've watched the trailer and don't see anything even remotely interesting for me,looks very much like Section 8.

Can someone tell me what is so special about this game? I don't see anything that intrigues me.

I plan on getting a PlayStation 4 anyways.

... I don't see anything that intrigues me. ...

That's the key thing. You might not find anything interesting in this game, and that's ok.

Anyway, to answer your question. I was positively surprised during the beta. I fully expected the full shitty CoD experience with big robots, but found something else.

The main point that made me change my mind is the way the movement is done. If you just run about the ground and pretend it's CoD, then it's going to be even worse than CoD. But once you gain your "Pilot legs", the game opens up to be something truly different, to the point I really didn't even care about my own Titan.

I glided the environment and snapped people's necks. It was easier than it will be due to people acting like it's CoD.

I was a menace to enemy titans who acted like they triggered a god mode when they were in the titan, only to be obliterated by my pistol when I jumped and wrecked their core with my handgun.

There were people who unlocked the Titanfall's sniper rifle. Those people were useless and blind, camping on spots and roofs. Their problem was that there was no chokepoints and enemy can literally come from any direction at any time. You got to the tower via stairs and expect everyone to take that route. That's cute.

Additionally everyone can (optionally) have brief "cloak", which you can actually see if you pay attention or if you charge straight at someone thinking you are fully invisible.

You can wall hang for a limited amount of time, where you can use TF2 Demo tactic where you set up an ambush by placing sticky bombs above doorways or around corners, except here, you are the sticky bomb.

Anyway, this is a really good "impressions" video which mirrors my own, and he's way better at explaining what potential some see in this game.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

COD? pff...

UT and TF2's Scout? Nice! But having EA aka DLCea behind it, too much screen clutter and weverything else you can expect from these types, I'm holding my breath.

How do they justify this? The Textures in the game are not really that hi-res and there surely isn´t that much music included. Poor compression?

Probably a shitload of "DLC" given that Titanfall with it's low human player count and bots likely won't last much longer then a couple of months

before people get bored and move on.

In some people's heads, massive install sizes = Good game.

It's the same reason some companies are exaggerating the minimum and suggested system specs for games now.

I'm surprised Microsoft didn't slap them a few bucks to make the claim that you need Windows 8.1 to play it in it's full glory like they did with Crysis

requiring Windows Vista to get all the visual effects which turned out to be disabled when you ran it with XP.

I played it for a bit, fun for a few hours but not even remotely something worth paying $60 for.

Edited by jblackrupert

48Gb, what the hell? Isn't that almost 10 times what Skyrim uses? What filetypes are they using - uncompressed waves, bitmaps?