Sign in to follow this  
taro8

[REQ] Visible laser sight

Hi I would like to request a new universal attachment that would project a laser sight similar to IR laser, that is visible to naked eye (you dont need NVG's to see it). Im very much aware this is completely unrealistic, but I like using over the shoulder camera and something that would help me aim better (Im a bad shoot :p) would be an awesome addition.

Is it possible to create an attachment like that?

BTW: Guys, lets be mature: dont just brush my request off with "HERP DERP LEARN TO PLAY n00b!!!1oneelevenshift+1!" or "Do not create something like this as it is unrealistic and I would not use shit like that". I want to play MY Arma 3 the way I see fit and Im not forcing you to use mods you dont want to use.

Hi I would like to request a new universal attachment that would project a laser sight similar to IR laser, that is visible to naked eye (you dont need NVG's to see it). Im very much aware this is completely unrealistic, but I like using over the shoulder camera and something that would help me aim better (Im a bad shoot :p) would be an awesome addition.

Is it possible to create an attachment like that?

BTW: Guys, lets be mature: dont just brush my request off with "HERP DERP LEARN TO PLAY n00b!!!1oneelevenshift+1!" or "Do not create something like this as it is unrealistic and I would not use shit like that". I want to play MY Arma 3 the way I see fit and Im not forcing you to use mods you dont want to use.

As the title says, it would be cool, but the problem is, that this is going to be realistic. I know, you dont want to hear that, but its a Simulator :/

Can you see IR lasers in real life, i think not.

Maybe there are some addons which make this possible.

Have you tried to search for something like this?

Sincerely, Thekobr4.

A visible laser sight being unrealistic is NOT a problem, this is exactly what I said. I do not care if Arma 3 is a milsim, I want visible laser sight... at least until the Aliens mod comes in and I can pretend Im XCOM :p.

Addons/mods request go into this thread, and theres a reason for that. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148719-ARMA-3-Addon-Request-Thread

It would have to be a green lazer. Red lazers are hardly to not visible during the day.

I wanted to post this same question about visible day laser :) recently i saw Feint with his RQ-11B Raven (uav) that he have tactical laser thingy on it and it is green laser that you can see in day..it is soo cool,would be cool if he edit that to the weapon attachment :)

hello there, I am stuck here

I changed the config to this:

/*******CODE SNIPPET START ************/

class ItemInfo: InventoryFlashLightItem_Base_F

{

RMBhint = "Flashlight";

class FlashLight

{

color[] = {0,5500,0}; //green

ambient[] = {12,14,9}; //some multiplication factor?

intensity = 1000;

size = 3;

angle = 1; //if angle == 0 then green circle is invisible

innerAngle = 1; // if < 1 (e.g. 0.5) then green circle is invisible

outerAngle = 1; // if < 1 (e.g. 0.5) then green circle is invisible

coneFadeCoef = 0.1;

//position = "flash dir"; // reference point ("position") and direction of flashlight cone, this might be the problem!

//direction = "flash";

position = "laser pos";

direction = "laser dir";

useFlare = 1;

flareSize = 0.8;

flareMaxDistance = "100.0f";

dayLight = 1; // this makes the flashlight visible during daytime, very important

onlyInNvg = 0;

class Attenuation

{

start = 0;

constant = 0;

linear = 0;

quadratic = 1;

hardLimitStart = 0;

hardLimitEnd = 0;

};

scale[] = {0};

};

};

and the new geen "flashlight" always has an offset to up and right.. see screenshot

W.I.P. ---- GREEN "LASER" "FLASHLIGHT" - ---- might be usable in CQB if alignment issue is fixed --------

(the green circle to the right and up of the red aiming circle is the "green "laser" flashlight")

2014_03_28_00001.jpg

Screenshot #1

2014_03_28_00002.jpg

Screenshot #2

If you switch between the two images, you will see that with distance, the green dot moves up and to the left in a circular motion...

Is the axis misaligned? If true, I need different reference points for the flashlight axis... very interesting...

I tried several things like changing the position and vector:

//position = "flash dir";

//direction = "flash";

position = "laser pos";

direction = "laser dir";

I have several ideas what might be causing the offset:

1) the opening angle of the flashlight cone is always in positive coordinates

2) the offset angle is intended, as not to shine too much on the rifle barrel

2a) the angle of "flash" and "flash_dir" are not paralell to the barrel axis

2b) an offset is being added manually

my ideas to remove the offset:

a) I need to know more functions of the class Flashlight"

b) a mlod of a flashlight attachment would help, do find out the names and angles of the memory points of the model

c) would it be possible to select the memory points of the rifle as the memory points of the flashlight cone... this way it would be on the same axis as the barrel

Like I said, I'm kind of stuck here.

I just wanted to contribute something to the discussion

Best regards

RPR

Edited by rpr
added comments to code